DataGridView checkbox.

When I use dataGridView, and one of it's elements is a checkBox.
How can I catch the event, exactly when the checkBox is changed.
CellValueChanged is not good enough, since the event occurs after both two
steps :
1. I change the value of the cell.
2. I move to another cell.

I want exactly when the checkBox.checked is changed
(DataGridViewCheckBoxCell).

Thanks :)

0
Mr

On 24/06/2010 11:54, Mr. X. wrote:
> When I use dataGridView, and one of it's elements is a checkBox.
> How can I catch the event, exactly when the checkBox is changed.

> I want exactly when the checkBox.checked is changed
> (DataGridViewCheckBoxCell).

Handle the CurrentCellDirtyStateChanged event; in this routine, if the
CurrentCell happens to be a DataGridViewCheckBoxCell, call CommitEdit;
that should get the CellChanged event to fire straight away.

HTH,
    Phill  W.
0
Phill
6/24/2010 11:26:26 AM
Thanks.
How can I see the "dirty" new-value.
On CurrentCellDirtyStateChanged, I can see the old-value.

Thanks :)

"Phill W." <p-.-a-.-w-a-r-d-@-o-p-e-n-.-a-c-.-u-k> wrote in message
> On 24/06/2010 11:54, Mr. X. wrote:
>> When I use dataGridView, and one of it's elements is a checkBox.
>> How can I catch the event, exactly when the checkBox is changed.
>
>> I want exactly when the checkBox.checked is changed
>> (DataGridViewCheckBoxCell).
>
> Handle the CurrentCellDirtyStateChanged event; in this routine, if the
> CurrentCell happens to be a DataGridViewCheckBoxCell, call CommitEdit;
> that should get the CellChanged event to fire straight away.
>
> HTH,
>    Phill  W.

0
Mr
6/24/2010 11:51:59 AM
I meant - to check the value of the object to be changed to, and for some
condition do : cancelEdit.

Thanks :)

"Mr. X." <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote in message
> Thanks.
> How can I see the "dirty" new-value.
> On CurrentCellDirtyStateChanged, I can see the old-value.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> "Phill W." <p-.-a-.-w-a-r-d-@-o-p-e-n-.-a-c-.-u-k> wrote in message
>> On 24/06/2010 11:54, Mr. X. wrote:
>>> When I use dataGridView, and one of it's elements is a checkBox.
>>> How can I catch the event, exactly when the checkBox is changed.
>>
>>> I want exactly when the checkBox.checked is changed
>>> (DataGridViewCheckBoxCell).
>>
>> Handle the CurrentCellDirtyStateChanged event; in this routine, if the
>> CurrentCell happens to be a DataGridViewCheckBoxCell, call CommitEdit;
>> that should get the CellChanged event to fire straight away.
>>
>> HTH,
>>    Phill  W.

0
Mr
6/24/2010 11:55:05 AM
Thanks.
Everything was solved. Ignore the rest.
(There are situation, that when I do commitEdit, and reach the
CellValueChanged, I am in state of edit mode. co I can do endEdit on some
circumstances,
 I.e, when the checkbox is invalid value, for some cases, and I need to
restore it to original value).

Thanks :)

"Phill W." <p-.-a-.-w-a-r-d-@-o-p-e-n-.-a-c-.-u-k> wrote in message
> On 24/06/2010 11:54, Mr. X. wrote:
>> When I use dataGridView, and one of it's elements is a checkBox.
>> How can I catch the event, exactly when the checkBox is changed.
>
>> I want exactly when the checkBox.checked is changed
>> (DataGridViewCheckBoxCell).
>
> Handle the CurrentCellDirtyStateChanged event; in this routine, if the
> CurrentCell happens to be a DataGridViewCheckBoxCell, call CommitEdit;
> that should get the CellChanged event to fire straight away.
>
> HTH,
>    Phill  W.

0
Mr

True/False Checkbox
Hey All, This may be a really simple question to answer but I can't figure it out so thought someone might be able to help. I have inserted a checkbox on one sheet which is linked to a cell on another sheet. This is fine. When I check the box it comes up with true and un-checked false as expected. My question: is there any way to make it say "Complete" for true and "incomplete" for false? Also is there anyway to change the cell background colour for each value? Any ideas anyone? Please bear in mind that I'm still finding my way around the ...

Checkbox column
Hi, I've seen somewhere that boolean values could be represented as checkboxes. How do I create such a checkbox column? Regards Bo You could show the Forms toolbar and add a few checkboxes to a worksheet (in a nice column). Then right click on each of the checkboxes and choose Format Control. Then choose control and you can link the value of the checkbox to a cell. And when you change that linked cell, the checkbox will change (and viceversa). Bo Rasmussen wrote: > > Hi, > > I've seen somewhere that boolean values could be represented as checkboxes. > How do I...

Show and edit link table data using checkboxes
I have a form showing data on a given record. Each record is potentially linked to zero or more values in a lookup table. I'd like to be able to display the data in the link table by using checkboxes to show if a link exists and to create/delete records in the link table when the values of the checkboxes are changed. On Oct 2, 10:41 am, Dan Neely <dan.ne...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a form showing data on a given record. Each record is > potentially linked to zero or more values in a lookup table. I'd like > to be able to display the data in the link table by usin...

Disable a checkbox
Okay, I have an inventory form. Once an item is sold I have a check box that is to be checked and then it opens a new form that I can enter who it was sold to etc... What I want to do is disable the check box once it is set to true. I have tried entering this in the after update property event: If Me![Sold] = yes Then Me![Sold].Enabled = no Else Me![Sold].Enabled = yes End If But it errors: Run time error 2164, You can't disable a control while it has the focus. Okay, I understand that . But then where can I put the code so it disables the check box a...

CTreeCtrl checkbox event
I'm using a CTreeCtrl with checkboxes next the items. What event can I trap to detect a change to a checkbox? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/261289/en Victor "GT" <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45cca3ce$0$17333$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com... > I'm using a CTreeCtrl with checkboxes next the items. What event can I > trap to detect a change to a checkbox? > ...

Checkboxes and worksheet protection
I have produced a form with a number of checkboxes, using the checkbox from the Forms menu and setting the protection to unlocked. When I protect the sheet to prevent changes being made to other parts of the form, the check boxes operate but not without the error box stating "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected etc". Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong. Many thanks Don B ...

copy many CHECKBOX
Hi I made a checkbox in cell B1, linked with the cell A1. I want to make about 50 checkbox. when I use copy and paste or the fill handler, I find that all the checkboxes are linked to the same cell A1 !!!! BUT what I neeed to make checkbox in B1 linked to A1, and checkbox in B2 linked with A2, and checkbox in B3 linked with cell A3,....and so on. Please HOW TO DO SO ? Thanks Taha Taha, You could create them through code Sub AddFormsCheckBoxes() Dim i As Long With ActiveSheet For i = 1 To 50 .CheckBoxes.Add(Range("B" & i).Left, Range("B" ...

Checkbox control add picture
Hi I would like to be able to show a picture if a checkbox is ticked which will then be hyperlinked to a folder on the drive - is this possible and how. thanks stuart ...

list control and checkboxes
I have found how to make list control put a checkbox - but it seems to only allow a single checkbox that applies for the entire row. Has list control been enhanced anywhere along the way to allow checkboxes to be shown in specific columns so I could have a checkbox in column 2, 3, and 4 but not column1? -- Edward Fultz Sr. Software Engineer Pamet Systems Acton, Ma www.pametsystems.com Hello, There is a list control at CodeProject.com that can do what you need: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/xlistctrl.asp?target=xlistctrl Thanks Simon Jefferies jefferies_simon@hotmail.com "...

Exporting info in checkboxes & modification dates
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003. I'm trying to export a contact list to XLS or CSV. When I open a contact, there's a checkbox for addresses that flags an address as "This is the mailing address". I've been unable to export the information in that checkbox - it doesn't even show up for the custom field mapping step. Is there a script that allows me to export that information? Also, when I open a contact, click on the "All Fields" tab and select "All Mail Fields", it tells me when the record was last modified and when. Is there a way for me to e...

Work Comp CheckBox on Master Pay Code
WA state has a work comp rate that applies to only paycodes that define actual HOURS WORKED. To set that up you have to manually manipulate the work comp code on each employee's pay code setup - Adding the work comp code to valid pay codes like HOUR and OVER and deleting the work comp code from paycodes like VACA and SICK. My suggestion is to add a checkbox to the master paycode setup that indicates whether or not to include the paycode in the work comp calculations or not. You could then set the specifics one time and not have to worry about remembering to include or remove the ...

Calendar Checkboxes Missing and Won't Open
I have a user who can not open her "My Calendar" located under Calendars. In fact, there is not a checkbox next to the word calendar, only a calendar icon. Her "Other Calendars" also do not have the checkbox, but she can open the others and when she does that, the check boxes for her "My Calendar" and "Other Calendars" become available and she can then view her own calendar. However, when she goes back to her folder list for email or closes and reopens Outlook, she is back to the check boxes being gone and not being able to open her own cal...

DataGridView Column
Hi all, My datatable contains two columns. I visualize it with a DataGridView. Now I want to disable editing the entire column[1]. How do I manage to do that ? Thx all Datagridview1.Columns[1].ReadOnly = true; Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Checkboxes in Excel
How do I add and how do I delete check boxes in Excel? One way: Use the checkbox from the Forms toolbar (activate by going to View|Toolbars..., put a check next to Forms). Click on the checkbox icon (it should depress, and the pointer should be replace by "+") then mouse to where you'd like the checkbox, left click and drag to the right and down to set the size. You can tie this into a cell, which will show TRUE or FALSE, depending on whether there is a check in the check box. You'd also be able to check and uncheck by changing the cell to TRUE or FALSE. Need more info? P...

checkbox
How do I add checkboxes into cells in an Excel spreadsheet? Hi, Jay, First make sure you can see a checkbox by going to menu, view>toolbars> select either formatting or control box (they give you two different types of controls) then simply click on the checkbox, go to your location and click'ndrag to size it. YOu can then right click on it to set properties, assign a macro, etc. jeff >-----Original Message----- >How do I add checkboxes into cells in an Excel spreadsheet? >. > ...

Checkboxes
I have a spreadsheet that has limited editing, i mean I've locked all but the cells we want people to be able to type in. I want to embed a checkbox in a cell in such a way that the only thing the users can do is check or uncheck it. I don't want them to be able to move it or resize or anything. Is there a way to do this?? The only way I know how to put in a checkbox is using the Control Toolbox (the one for ActiveX controls i think.) but this leaves it open for movement and i can't change the 'check ed' status of the box. -- guarnieri ------------------------------...

CTreeCtrl and Checkboxes
I have a tree structure with multiple DSPs as parent nodes and their reporting errors as the child node for example: |-DSP1 | |-error1 | |-error2 | |-DSP2 |-error1 |-error2 I want to be able to have checkmarks to select DSPs only. However, if I enable checkboxes, all items get a checkbox. is there a way to just have the DSP items to have checkboxes? Nick Short of doing it owner-draw, no idea. joe On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:42:53 -0700, "Nick Schultz" <nick.schultz@flir.com> wrote: >I have a tree structure with multiple DSPs as parent nodes and ...

How can I manually add rows to datagridview.
Hello. What is the elegant way to add rows to datagridview that is bounded to bindingSource object. (Only manually. I need sample code, please). Thanks :) Mr. X. wrote: > Hello. > What is the elegant way to add rows to datagridview that is bounded to > bindingSource object. > (Only manually. I need sample code, please). > > Thanks :) You would add new items to the object, if the object was a collection of objects as an example were being bounded and rebind the object. I think when I use bounded component - it is too complicated to handle it manual...

VB Drag and Drop in DataGridView?
All, Pardon the cross-post. I've used other (C#) code snippets found around here to try to implement drag-n-drop in a DataGridView, to give the user a way to sort the data in the grid. I'm mostly there - I am able to drag, see the cursor change to drag, and when I let go, the row I dragged leaves it's original spot. Problem is, it "drops" into a black hole. Here's the line I'm trying to "drop" with; TBL_TimersDataGridView.Rows.Insert(RowIndexOfItemUnderMouseToDrop, RowToMove) The full code is below. Can anyone tell me what I...

before insert and checkbox and subform
Thank You I have subform and form (Master form) In the subform before insert event I put this code : ==================== If Parent.checkbox1.Value = False Then Cancel = True Else ' End If ============ If Parent.checkbox1.Value = 0 Then Cancel = True Else ' End If =================== If Me.Parent.checkbox1.Value = 0 Then Cancel = True Else ' End If ======================== Why all this code not work correctly ...

Enable or Disable Checkbox with expression builder
Hi , Is that possible for me to enable or disable any control using iif condition from the control source of a control in a access form? Let me explain the problem. I have an Access form whose record source is a SQL Query. The form have several Check boxes whose control source are different fields from the query used in record source. This is very normal. Now I have to enable or disable each check box depending upon a fild value say "objnumber" which is also coming from the record source query. How can I do that. I tried writing expresion in the control source property of e...

Unbound checkbox on datasheet subform
Is there any way to check just the one you checked? Robert Hi Robert, this issue was discussed at length recently on this newsgroup. The short answer is No. The long answer is that you can make the checkbox bound, but it is not very easy. Look at this thread: checkbox on continuous form from Design by Sue Thursday 20 December 2007 Jeanette Cunningham "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> wrote in message news:4778181a$0$19883$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net... > Is there any way to check just the one you checked? > > Robert > > "Robert" &...

Inactive checkbox on employee deduction maintenance window didn't
We used the Inactive checkbox on the employee deduction maintenance window but the deduction continued to be deducted from the employees pay. How can a deduction be stopped? What does the Inactive checkbox do? ...

Query from Multiple Checkboxes
I have a form with 4 seperate checkboxes on it. Each check box is supposed to apply a filter for the query results, so that if none of the boxes are checked all records are returned. What is the easiest way to code the query so that each check box applies a filter to the records. Thank you. Can you provide some form, control, field, and table names? Are all 4 checkboxes filtering the same field in the query or multiple fields? What are the field types and how do you want to filter them if the boxes are checked? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Paul Was...

Checkbox column in a table
Hi Everyone, I am a newbie in MS Access. I want to write a query for altering a table such that the new column added should be of type checkbox (which can be done by the design by going to Lookup tab in the design form). So when I open up the table that particular column should be like all filled with checkboxes. (By Default it will be Textboxes). And also how to give a default value to the checkbox ? Please help me out... ! On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:52:20 -0700, Cormalado <Cormalado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >I am a newbie in MS Access. I want to w...