copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..

Hi,

I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the
idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original..

is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say
c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have
paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this..

thanks

0
AussieRules

"AussieRules" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the
> idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original..
>
> is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say
> c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have
> paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this..
>
> thanks

That will depend on the project type(s) and what you may have done to make
it portable. As an example, if you are using a database file, the connection
you created has a hard coded path to the file by default. Replacing the path
in app.config with

|Data Directory|

makes the file accessible from any project location.

Make sure the solution you want to copy is not open in VS. Make a copy of
the entire solution folder in your preferred location and open it in VS to
see what, if anything, needs fixing.

0
PvdG42

Integrating GP with Microsoft Project Server
Hello, we have a prospect who is really interested in integrating GP 10 with their Microsoft Project Server 2007. They want to manage the projects in Project Server, and get project P&L information reporting out of GP, but only do time entry one time. We're looking at Business Portal Project Time Entry for the entry point, but can't find any information or experience in integrating the entries into Project Server. Does anyone have any ideas? -- BrianB I have no experience with these but searched the internet by using the keywords "GP Project interface". Here ...

Generic Volume Shadow Copy Driver Problem
In the last couple of days whenever a SBS backup is started using Shadow backup or a shadow backup is scheduled it fails as it is unable to load the driver. The found new hardware wizard runs and it states that the driver is unsigned and you should not install it. Of course as I am not present to click "Continue" the operation times out and fails. Hello, Thanks for your post. Could you please provide with more information such as the exact error message or VSS related Event log when the NTbackup fails? Meanwhile, according to my experience, you may try to rename t...

Copy paste error
paste option is disable when ever I paste excel document to a newly opened word file. How can i solve this issue Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Compressed Ink for Tablet PC and Windows XP http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/19098f32-1011-4131-9e55-48e1700cf5a9/compressed-ink-for-tablet.aspx ganeson r, Have you tried first inserting a table in your word document then pasting the excel file into the table? hth "ganeson r" wrote: > paste option is disable when ever I paste excel document to a newly opened word file. How can ...

Possible to copy sheets into another (closed!) workbook?
Hi there Would anyone know how I can copy some worksheets into another workbook which is closed. The files are so big that I can't open them both at the same time. Thank you very much! Manuel Do it in batches. Open bigfile1 and copy the sheets to a new workbook. Close bigfile1 and open bigfile2. Copy the sheets from newbook to bigfile2. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 17 Feb 2005 16:25:39 -0800, "Grotifant" <mschlabbers@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi there > >Would anyone know how I can copy some worksheets into another workbook >which is closed. The files are so b...

outlook run 2 copies
can I install and run to copies of outlook for 2 diffrent users and could they have both of them open at the same time Nope, you can only have one profile opened at a time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:869a01c3e90d$ab38aa10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > can I install and run to copies of o...

Its a easy dumb question.
When i have formulas with there criteria not fullfilled, i get th "#N/A". How do i get that to go away -- comotoma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2729 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46828 comotoman Wrote: > When i have formulas with there criteria not fullfilled, i get th > "#N/A". How do i get that to go away? One way ... =IF(ISERROR(YOUR_FORMULA),\" \",YOUR_FORMULA will take care of th...

Visual basic for application project in database is corrupt
I'm running Office 2003 on Windows XP. I have a database that does not open, and gives me a message stating that Microsoft Access has detected corruption in this file. The message goes on to suggest that I run Compact and Repair Database from the Tools menu. When I do, I get the error message above. Is there any way of recovering this database? Thank you for your response. I actually tried both ways, linking and inporting, but I'm unable to gain access to the corrupted database. The only thing I have been able to do is access it through MSQuery in Excel, but that only gets me to ...

Outlook and VB.NET
I'm creating a ASP.NET webapplication in VB.Net. In my code i create a mail and when i use the save method it saves the mail in the draft folder. Do to this i use the code i found at the link below and de outlook COM-objects in Visual studio. I found this code: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Internet/SendingEmailsThroughOutlookCB.asp and this work partly... with this code i can save the mail in the draft folder. But i can't get it to display to the user. mailitem.display does not seem to work. so now i'm searching for a way to open or focus on the mail in outlook once it's cre...

Reassigning tasks to resources not already part of project plan
I am creating projects and assigning the majority of the tasks to team leaders, who are then reassigning to various resources on their teams. Although these resources are members of the team and can assign the tasks to themselves, they don't appear on the drop-down menu for the Reassign Work feature, I"m assuming because I don't have them assigned specifically to a task. Is there a way around this, other than creating a dummy task with ALL the potential resources on it? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01CAAF4B.B2486F6...

Cant install VB COM Add-In using Setup.exe
Hi all, Help !! I created a Setup.exe for my Outlook VB COM Add-In using the 'Packaging and Deployment' Wizard on a Windows 2000 machine running Outlook 2000(Outlook 9.0). When I try to use this Setup.exe on another machine running Windows 2000 Professional and Outlook 2000(9.0) the setup gives me a prompt "System files need to be updated...you will need to restart the system before running setup". After rebooting when I run the setup.exe it again gives me the same message... I have no clue why this is happening...Please help.... thanks !, Shiv ...

how do i copy an entire workbook and paste it in another
The way to ask your question would have been in the subject line Copy Workbook In the body of the message, ask your question. Perhaps an answer is File>saveas>>>>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "BELINDA" <BELINDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF918BEB-A237-4F63-BE3D-C6605E40256D@microsoft.com... > ...

Copy Data From Chart to Chart #4
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Please stop reposting and read the responses you've already received. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Peltie...

Unable to copy images in emails
I can no longer copy animated images embedded in forwarded emails. When I right click "save picture as" I receive an error message that says "file type not specified for system." What to do? ...

Project settings for final release
Could I get some advice on exactly which setting I should change for my Release build in Project Settings? Up until now, I have enabled browsing and debugging, but at this final stage, I would like to strip out everything possible. What should Optimizations be set to? Should I set Debug Info to none? What else should I consider? Typically, when you create a new project the settingsf or debug and release are created automatically and I've found the defaults to be pretty good. I usually just add the non-debug versions of any libraries I've added. Typcially Optimization is dis...

What is the quickest way to copy a table to an array?
Hi everyone, I have a table to process. It can vary in size between 2-4 columns and 2-100 rows. The table is a simple thing, containing just plain text. What is the quickest/nicest way to copy the content of the table to a 2D array? Stephenc stephenc wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have a table to process. It can vary in size between 2-4 columns > and 2-100 rows. The table is a simple thing, containing just plain > text. > > What is the quickest/nicest way to copy the content of the table to a > 2D array? > > Stephenc I would do this in th...

How to copy files from 1 server to another
I am using a utility (Macro Scheduler) to copy a folder (with sub-folders) from 1 server to another overnight as a backup. (WS2008 to WS2003 - utility runs on WS2003 machine) However if a file is locked the whole copy is terminated. Are there utilities on the servers and/or comercial products that will do this even when a file is locked for use. -- Regards Tom "ThomasAJ" <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:7A680B16-555C-4F1B-8BD4-F5EDA979F12F@microsoft.com... > I am using a utility (Macro Scheduler) to copy a folder (wit...

New copy
Just purchased Money Premium 2005 via download from the web.. We need to reinstall it. Where is the location from which we can redownload the file without charge? In microsoft.public.money, Magnus wrote: >Just purchased Money Premium 2005 via download from the >web.. > >We need to reinstall it. >Where is the location from which we can redownload the >file without charge? Try http://shop.microsoft.com/moneyupgrade/purchasequestion.asp EXACTLY the reason for everybody reading not to make this mistake. Go to the store and buy a CD like the rest of us. Imagine trying...

I Still don't know how to save a copy of my emails in the server
I still cannot solve this problem, please tell me the exact steps of how to enable or leaving a copy of my E-mails on the server. Also, please make sure that we talking about Microsoft Outlook 2007. Thank you. "Brian Tillman" wrote: > alei307 <alei307@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > When I open Outlook 2007, it synchronizes all of my E-mails from my > > yahoo server to Outlook 2007. I want to keep a copy of my E-mails on > > my Yahoo Server, how do I do that in Outlook 2007? > > In your account properties, enable the option to le...

Hided values appears when I'm copying/pasting it to other worksheet
So, in one worksheet I have some data and there is some colums hided. When I selecting all that data and pasting to other worksheet, al these hided colums or rows values appears and I have to hide it again. Is there possibility to copy/paste in such way, that these hided value don't appear again? Thanks in advance Best Regards, Aivara -- Aivaras_Bakana ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Aivaras_Bakanas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2518 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...

Do you guys talk about MS Project?
I think that I am having a problem with compatibility between MS Project 2002 and 2003. Whenever I sent an item in '02 to '03, when the '03 user opens it....some pf the dates have changed. How do I solve this? Try this group: microsoft.public.project ...

VB
Can anyone tell me why Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = Int(Rnd * 56) + 1 works ok using the forms toolbar with a button click but does not work if you use the control box toolbar. Maria, What does "not work" actually mean? What version of Excel are you using? Open the Properties window for the control button and change the "TakeFocusOnClick" property to False. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "maria" <maria.stothard@sylvania-lighting.com> wrote in message news:07e...

Formatting lost when copied by formula!
Hi, I'm having a problem retaining format in a target cell where a formul "copies" the contents from another cell. Here's an example tha describes the problem in detail: Say I have the following text in cell A1: "Some text." Say, also, tha the word "text" is bolded. In cell B2 I have a formula, =A1, tha "copies" the content of cell A1. I can see the content of cell A1 i B2, but without the bold (or any other formatting, including backgroun color, etc.). My question, of course, is how do I retain the original formatting? Thank you -- Message ...

Copying Info Into Numerous Cells
I have just completed creating and entering data into thousands of worksheets. Now someone has decided they want to change and add columns to my worksheets. Is there any way to have data copied from 1 cell to another in several worksheets at a time, even if the data is different? If there isn't...I'm going to have a melt-down right here at work! :eek: -- calimari ------------------------------------------------------------------------ calimari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Project server 2007 Task updates issue
I have Single server installation of Project server 2007. I have the following issue. Looking forward for your help All users updates their tasks using Outlook 2007 plug in. 1. User receives task 1,updates progress 30%, and submit updates. (Task1 has been overdue) 2. The Project manager who receive task updates sees the update of progress 30% and also sees an indication that the task is overdue. 3. Project manager deletes task1 as this task is no longer needed. 4. User starts outlook 2007 and sync tasks with server. 4. The user who receives task updates does not see an ...

Logged-in user was not found in the Active Directory
Hey all, We just did a fresh install of CRM. Everything installed without errors, but when I try to access CRM via the server name I get a generic "Error - An error has occured. For more information please contact your system administrator." From the CRM server I can access is via localhost without any problems. The error that is logged in the event viewer is: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 10/13/2005 Time: 10:26:27 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report -----------------------------------...