copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..

Hi,

I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the
idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original..

is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say
c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have
paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this..

thanks

0
AussieRules

"AussieRules" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the
> idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original..
>
> is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say
> c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have
> paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this..
>
> thanks

That will depend on the project type(s) and what you may have done to make
it portable. As an example, if you are using a database file, the connection
you created has a hard coded path to the file by default. Replacing the path
in app.config with

|Data Directory|

makes the file accessible from any project location.

Make sure the solution you want to copy is not open in VS. Make a copy of
the entire solution folder in your preferred location and open it in VS to
see what, if anything, needs fixing.

0
PvdG42

Copy formulas #2
I have a worksheet that I want someone to just be able to insert a row and formulas in one cell can be copied to the new row. Tonie You didn't say what version but this should do it. Inserts a row and copies the row above Sub NewLineA() x = Cells(65536, "a").End(xlUp).Row Cells(x, "a").EntireRow.Insert Cells(x - 1, "a").EntireRow.Copy Cells(x, "a") Cells(x, "a").EntireRow.ClearContents End Sub "Tonie Crawford" <tonie.crawford@region16.net> wrote in message news:27c5601c39013$d9d725c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a w...

Few questions about VB
1. How can I do number for example 812 from 812,033217 ? I try to do like this but it did not work Dim first as double Dim second as intiger firs = 812,033217 second = first first = second but still firs = 812,033217 :confused: 2. How can I open not .xls file from VB code wrote in Excel file I want to open Solid Works file "example.SLDPRT" in Solid Works o course thx for any suggestio -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi 1. one way: use CInt. e.g. second = CInt(first) >-----Original Message----- >1. How can I do number for example 812 from 812,03321...

VB Code Help.....
Need some help here with VB code... I have a sheet named Adjust Inventory and one named Supplies Inventory. The Adjust Inventory has a form with two fields and a subtract button.... one is a part ( Cell C6) and the other is quantity (Cell E6) . When the fields are filled out and the subtract button is clicked, it will take the value in C6 and search column D in the Supplies Inventory sheet for that part. Once the part is found, it will take the value in E6 on Adjust Inventory sheet and subtract that from the value in the supplies inventory sheet in column E for the found part. Finally,aft...

Hidding a Column Using VB
Hi, How do i hide a column depending of a value on a cell? if mycell = 0 then hide column? thnks Bre-x one way: With myCell .EntireColumn.Hidden = (.Value = 0) End With In article <eklNyZDwDHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Bre-x" <cholotron@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > How do i hide a column depending of a value on a cell? > > if mycell = 0 then hide column? > > thnks > > Bre-x > > thanks "J.E. McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:jemcgimpsey-21F5D9.15380411122003@msnew...

How to put the *.ini file somewhere else then the Win directory?
Or, how can I at least change the name of the projec tini file to something else then the project name?? Thanks, zpenzes@yahoo.com When you call WriteProfileString or WriteProfileInt, just specify whichever name you like. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Novice" <zpenzes@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3fad6075@andromeda.datanet.hu... > Or, how can I at least change the name of the projec tini file to something > else then the project name?? > > Thanks, > > zpenzes@yahoo.com > > Or, rather, WritePrivatePro...

Copying (ripping?) to hard drive...
Hi, I am running Vista- Home Premium and am having a real problem trying to copy recorded speech, recorded on a CD-R disc in the mp3 format. When I open WMP and select 'Rip', insert the CD, L-click on Rip, the disc 'runs' ( I assume being read..) and then will start to play with the advice "still on the screen" : To begin, insert an audio CD into the CD drive. I have tried downloading 'codec's'; changing the settings to mp3, everything I can possibly think of.. Do I have a program glitch within WMP when it was factory installed? "Pleas...

Copy file to all users desktop directory
I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside users, each user has a folder named with their name. inside each of those folders is a desktop folder. I have a file on the C drive that I need to copy to each of those desktop folders, thereby giving each user this shortcut. Does anyone have a script that could do that, instead of me copying this file manually a few hundred times? many thanks if you do! ...

copying formulas
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to copy formulas without any changes to cell reference? <br><br>Is there a way to copy formulas that reference a sheet 1 into an adjecent cell that will reference the same cells on sheet 2? On 4/30/10 11:32 AM, Philgraz@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Is there a way to copy formulas without any changes to cell > reference? > > Is there a way to copy formulas that reference a sheet 1 into an ...

copy and paste question #2
I want to copy and past this cell into another cell but want the exact formula in it. What it does is that it moves the formula over by how many cells you paste it too. I would really appreciate it. -- hb2474 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hb2474's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4189 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278746 Put a dollar sign ($) in front of the column and row reference before copying and pasting. Example: = $A$1 This is called absolute referencing. ...

Rule to mark emails copied to IMAP sent-items as "read"
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 on XP SP2, and everything works great except for one small annoyance. I am using IMAP and have a rule that automatically puts a copy of every email I send into my IMAP "sent-items" folder. However, Outlook copies these emails as unread. Is there any way to make a rule that only applies to one IMAP folder (mark all as read only on the sent-items folder)? I basically want to mark every email sent to copied to the sent-items folder as read. Any other ideas? Thanks, Jerry ...

How do i copy columns of data in notepad into microsoft excel?
I have a several large columns of data stored in notepad. The columns are all next to each other. I need to put column 1 in column A in excel and column 2 into column B in excel etc. Copy and paste does not work. I can’t just highlight one column I end up highlighting all 6 columns! If a just copy a paste all the data, the entire data just goes into column A of excel, and I can not perform any excel functions on the data. HELP! This is extremely annoying, I am beginning to think the only way is to copy each bit of data by hand into excel, but there over 1000 items!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Deserialize empty XML element (VB.NET)
I'm having some trouble figuring out how to deserialize an empty XML element in VB.NET. Let's say I'm trying to deserialize XML such as: <Order> <OrderRefNumber/> <Customer>Bob</Customer> </Order> I would then have a simple entity object to represent the XML data. That object would have a property such as: '---------------- begin code ----------- <System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute(Form:=System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaForm.Unqualified)> _ Public Property OrderRefNumber() As Long Get Return Me.r...

Copying rows of data into new worksheet but placing data into colu
I have a spreadsheet which contains 3375 records (Excel 2007). My quandry is the following: I need to reformat the rows into columns for each Dealer (starting a new row for the next Dealer). CURRENT SPREADSHEET: DEALER LOCATION VOLUME AMOUNT 123 Anytown, USA 155 $24,100 123 Hometown USA 145 $25,000 123 Thistown USA 455 $56,000 123 Our town USA 687 $68,000 123 Their Town USA 767 $989,000 245 Anytown, USA 155 $24,100 245 Hometown USA 145 $25,000 245 Thistown USA 455 $56,000 245 Our town USA 687 $68,000 245 Their Town USA 767 $989,000 818 Anyt...

Copying Web Tables To Spreadsheets
I'm trying to copy a table from a website to an Excel 2003 spreadsheet so that the results are listed in a single line for each nursing home listed. When I initially attempted this, I copied the table including the first column for the check boxes. The transfer appeared to go well but before I could examine it in depth, I chose to delete that first column of check boxes. Then I decided that the best way to clean up the results would be to copy a page at a time then just position my cursor at the appropriate place at each Paste operation. Unfortunately, I've been unable to get a ...

copy and paste formatting
Hi I am copying and pasting individual files - over 100 of them into 1 file. Each time I paste a new one in the file it keeps it formatting rather than conforming to the format of the file it is being pasted into (ei font type and size and margin settings). Is there a way to paste it so that it automatically changes the format, rather than keeping what it was in the original file? -- Thank-you! Ruth Use Paste Special > Paste Unformatted. On Mar 17, 9:51=A0am, Ruth <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > I am copying and pasting individu...

how to copy and paste my resume
i am trying to copy nand paste my resume from microsoft word on to a job website. its not letting me. how do i make this work??? Your best plan would be to ask the support of the site you are trying to paste to, but my guess is that the site wants plain text so copy to Notepad first. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< >&l...

Correction needed in Copy File code
Hi all, I have code below which i got from a friend on this group. it works fine but only thing i am getting is that even i mentioned that i want only those files to be copied which have extention ".xls" in the below code line " Dim files = From f In Directory.GetFiles(sourceDir, "*.xls", subdirsOption) Where ((New FileInfo(f).Attributes) And FileAttributes.Hidden) = 0 Select f " but it still copies all the other extention excel files as well like (".xlsm , xlsx etc..). Please can any friend can help that how can i resolve it. I just want below c...

Easy reporting question on My Money 2005
I'm looking to get my tax info together. I use MS My Money 2005 Standard Edition and can't seem to find an easy way to print all 2005 deposits and withdrawals. What is the easiest way to print a report of all deposits in 2005...and I'll also need a report with all withdrawals/expenses in 2005? I can't seem to find an easy way to do this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help !!! In microsoft.public.money, Fish wrote: >I'm looking to get my tax info together. I use MS My Money 2005 Standard >Edition and can't seem to find an e...

Copy email (with attachments) from personal folder to mailbox
Outlook 2002 When I try to copy an email (with attachments) from my personal folders (.pst files) to my mailbox, I get the error, "Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied." The thing is, the email does get copied to the mailbox just fine, except it only contains one attachment even if the original had 2 or more. Does anyone know why or how this can be changed? Thanks! ...

In VB macro how do I select range from active cell
Hey guys and gals, Thanks for lookin at this problemmmmm??? When I am writing a macro using visual basic, how do I select a range which includes 2 rows down and 8 rows across (selects the range not just the single cell) from the currently selected/active cell then copy it: All this starts from the cell the user starts from. Example...... PuzzeledProgramer -- spydor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spydor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28438 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

Copying charts to other worksheets
Is there a way to copy a chart to another worksheet within a workbook, and have it change the worksheet referenced in the source data? I am asking this because I have 7 sheets setup exactly the same way, and need graphs for each, but would like to avoid having to reassign the ranges for each sheet. Dave - This is the easiest way: make copies of your sheet with the chart (the chart on the copied sheet will refer to the data on the copied sheet), then copy the new data, and use Paste Special from the Edit menu, and use the Values option. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP htt...

create rule to copy sent items sent on behalf of delegate
We have a few support accounts where delegates have permission to send on behalf of this account. The Sent items will appear in the "Sent folder" of the delegate instead of account owner; apparently this is by design. This is a problem for us, though, because other delegates of the account can't see what has been sent on behalf of the account, i.e., User A does not know the support emails sent by User B on behalf of support@company.com. KB317865 supplies a solution by way of copying all the items in the Delegates Sent Folder to the account owners Sent Folder. I would like to know...

Excel file directory path appear on printout
How does one get the Excel workbook to print its file directory path? Hi Bill! Excel 2002 (XP) This is built into Excel 2002. Put the following in the footer: &[Path]&[File] Excel 97 and Excel 2000 You need a macro (or just type the full name in): This subroutine which must be put in ThisWorkbook module puts the path and workbook name in the footer. Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName End Sub For any workbook you can put the following code in the ThisWorkbook module in the workbook that ...

Lead to Opportunity, notes don't copy
When converting a Lead to an Opportunity why won't the associated notes in the lead copy over to the opportunity, contact, account'? Is there anyway to force that? Hi Joseph, it's because the notes are associated with the Lead, not the Opportunity. You could write a post-callout to copy the notes to the opportunity when it's created. Mike "Joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:015a01c3deb6$cb71e8c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When converting a Lead to an Opportunity why won't the > associated notes in the lead copy over t...

Quick and easy labeling
So if I put 1 2 3 4 5, or 2 4 6 8 acending in a row of cells, then highlight them, I can pull the row out and extend the pattern out automatically without typing the numbers. My question is: Can I preform the same action on date labels in this format: 2002/03 2003/04 2004/05 2005/06 and so on... using the same type of click and drag extension and if so, how? If not, is there a formula I can use that will add one, only to the appropriate numerals, ie. 2004/05, only the 4 and 5... and so on? Thanks The n00bish -- mmednick -------------------------------------------------------------------...