connect bindingSource to text object.

Hello.
What is wrong of the following (the text has no data)? :

    Dim FBndDataTable As DataTable
    Dim FBndDataSource As BindingSource
FBndDataSource = New BindingSource
FBndDataSource.DataSource = DataTable
        Dim drv As DataRowView
        Dim dr As DataRow

            drv = FBndDataSource.AddNew()
            dr = drv.Row

' txtValue is TextBox.
  txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", bs, "query_id")

Thanks :)
0
Mr

Sorry.
I shall try again :

What is wrong of the following (the textBox has no data)? :

    Dim FBndDataTable As DataTable
    Dim FBndDataSource As BindingSource
FBndDataSource = New BindingSource
FBndDataSource.DataSource = DataTable
        Dim drv As DataRowView
        Dim dr As DataRow

            drv = FBndDataSource.AddNew()
            dr = drv.Row

            dr("query_id") = 1

            FBndDataTable.Rows.Add(dr)

FBndDataSource.Position = n ' holds the current position
' txtValue is TextBox.
  txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", bs, "query_id") 'even I put a value, I
cannot see it.

Thanks :)

0
Mr
5/29/2010 11:14:19 AM
txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", FBndDataSource, "query_id") 'even I put a
value, I

You bind two properties together

"Mr. X." <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote in message
> Sorry.
> I shall try again :
>
> What is wrong of the following (the textBox has no data)? :
>
>    Dim FBndDataTable As DataTable
>    Dim FBndDataSource As BindingSource
> FBndDataSource = New BindingSource
> FBndDataSource.DataSource = DataTable
>        Dim drv As DataRowView
>        Dim dr As DataRow
>
>            drv = FBndDataSource.AddNew()
>            dr = drv.Row
>
>            dr("query_id") = 1
>
>            FBndDataTable.Rows.Add(dr)
>
> FBndDataSource.Position = n ' holds the current position
> ' txtValue is TextBox.
>  txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", bs, "query_id") 'even I put a value, I
> cannot see it.
>
> Thanks :)

0
Cor
5/29/2010 12:27:59 PM
Sorry,
I don't understand what should I do.

Thanks :)

"Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message
> txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", FBndDataSource, "query_id") 'even I put
> a value, I
>
> You bind two properties together
>
> "Mr. X." <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry.
>> I shall try again :
>>
>> What is wrong of the following (the textBox has no data)? :
>>
>>    Dim FBndDataTable As DataTable
>>    Dim FBndDataSource As BindingSource
>> FBndDataSource = New BindingSource
>> FBndDataSource.DataSource = DataTable
>>        Dim drv As DataRowView
>>        Dim dr As DataRow
>>
>>            drv = FBndDataSource.AddNew()
>>            dr = drv.Row
>>
>>            dr("query_id") = 1
>>
>>            FBndDataTable.Rows.Add(dr)
>>
>> FBndDataSource.Position = n ' holds the current position
>> ' txtValue is TextBox.
>>  txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", bs, "query_id") 'even I put a value, I
>> cannot see it.
>>
>> Thanks :)

0
Mr

CTabCtrl and retrieving text with GetItem
I am using the following code to show a popup menu when the user right clicks on a tab in a CTabCtrl: void CTabBar::OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { TCHITTESTINFO info; info.pt.x = point.x; info.pt.y = point.y; long tab = m_tabctrl.HitTest(&info); if (tab == -1) return; TCITEM item; item.mask = TCIF_TEXT; if (!m_tabctrl.GetItem(tab, &item)) return; ....... My next step from here was to retrieve item.pszText. However - GetItem is ALWAYS returning false. For example, I have 1 tab and I right click on it. HitTest return 0 (ind...

Outlook trying to connect to the wrong Exchange
I have some user's in my network that are traveling to remote offices. The network is setup with Windows 2003 AD with two sites: head office (Office 1) with 2 DC’s and remote location (Office 2) with another 2 DC’s. Also, Exchange 2003 is setup with 2 sites, one in head office (Exch1) and one in the remote office (Exch2). The users have their mailboxes setup accordingly with their office location (ex: user working in Office 1 has his mailbox setup in Exch 1). The offices are connected with VPN links. When a user is traveling from the head office (Office 1) to the remote office (Off...

How do I make numbers become text?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet where numbers entered in one location become text in another. I tried the Help option, but I am still lost. Please help, and thank you. From earlier postings: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN- US;140704& and: (courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post): If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function that does this, download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found here: http://longre.free.fr/english/ It is downloaded in a zip file which also conta...

How to set a icons instead of a menu text?
Hello, I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for some reasons to set icons to describe my menus. Can this be done and how? Many thanks Breadl, It is possible to owner-draw menus, youmight want to check here: http://www.codeproject.com/menu/ and here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/menu/ for samples. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23hH2cnyxEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for so...

Changing text in X and Z reports
Hi, I want to change a text in X and Z reports. The original text is "Paid on Account." I want it to say "On Account." How can I do the change? I already found the XML report template but don't know where to go from there. Thank you in advance. Win open file in Frontpage or text editor. Do "find" and type in "paid on account" to get you to the section quickly. or, just roll down until you find this section =========================== Section: Grand Total Out =========================== --> <!--BOOKMARK--> <ROW...

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

Need an unbound text box and command button (Search)
I need to create an unbound text box with a command button (Search) on my form which will enable the user to find the current record for a space no. I would like the user to only have to type in the space no. My fields are: SpaceNo Current "Yes" I am not experienced at writing code. Thanks so much. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200911/1 On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:09:36 GMT, "Uschi via AccessMonster.com" <u25116@uwe> wrote: If you don't write code, it may be easier to instruc...

Export a range to a text file
Hello need some advise on how to procede I need to be able to create a text file containg some text as well as data that is within a named range in excel and then some more text. I can handle printing to the text files using cell values etc but am unsure of the best way to print the ranges data. Is there a way or procedure to just print the range as is in csv format? As well my range will contain about 6 columns, each containg a number field (formatting of decimal places is important, some have 2 dec some 3 etc) Also the range has a max of 50 rows however will always contain lower rows of...

CONCATENATE text to create a formula to be evaluated
Hi, I am wanting to concatenate a set of text to create a formula. I have done so below. =CONCATENATE("=MAX('",O1,"'!A3:A65536)") The result is: =MAX('2009'!A3:A65536) ....but it treats this as a text string when I try to use INDIRECT Cell O1 contains the year minus 1. In this case O1 = 2009. All of my worksheets are named as a year e.g. 2007....2008....2009...2010. I am entering this on sheet 2010. Now the real question: How do I make another cell evaluate this string as an actual formula and spit out the highest number for ...

Vista "ipv4 connectivity limited"
Hi We have two Vista PCs connected wirelessly to a BTHomeHub2. Both have been connecting to the internet fine, until today. My partner now can't get online. Her machine shows ipv4 connectivity limited. (Both our computers also show ipv6 limited, but my ipv4 shows "internet" and of course is connecting fine.) It reports the signal strength is excellent. Another message says "the computer is connected to the BTHomeHub2, but does not have access to the internet." As I've said, we've had no similar problem before, and have not changed any se...

Formatting multiple object types in output from a function?
I'm stumped on this one, and have searched and searched for a solution or how-to with no luck. Perhaps it just can't be done. I have a function that may or may not return objects of multiple types. I've setup the type and formatting information for each of the individual types in format.ps1xml files, and when only 1 type is returned by the function the formatting works as I would expect. However, if two or more types are returned by the function, only the formatting for the first object type is applied and then the other types are displayed however PoSH deems ap...

Selecting Text Box
Is there a keyboard command that one can use with the mouse to select the text box (frame) rather than trigger the Edit Text mode? When there are many objects on the page, getting the mouse to click on the right frame can be a real problem. But if the cursor is in the right box, some keyboard command (with or without the mouse) should help select the right object. Thanks! ...

text in formula
Help!!! Is there a way to have a formula where a cell with text is in it, but it is not included in the formula. Like I have a random cell that appears sometimes within the range but because it is text and I do not want to include it in the formula. Is there a certain "symbol" that could be used? HELP!! Hi maureen, It depends on what the actual formula is, but *some* functions ignore text entries. You could use the ISNUMBER function to include only those entries that are numbers. Post your formula for a more detailed reply. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Help...

descriptive statistics
I have a survey which has some text answers and some numerical answers. I need to complete histogram and descriptive statistics on this data but I get an error message stating my "data contains non-numerice input". Does that mean all data has to be converted to nummerical format? one way to solve theproblem use count if suppose non numeric data for e.g. a.s.d.f.g etc are in A1 to A100 find out unique set by using advance filter and then use countif function "allen367" <allen367@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3E2CE4F-7A2E-47FF-8B6E-D88EFF52C...

Deleting a single character in a text field
In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. hi, ma1000 wrote: > In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i > would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in > excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. Create a update query, use Replace([yourField], ".", "") as new value. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Linking text within Excel-- help!
I have a mailing list that I will be importing into Excel, and am trying to link the names on the list to invoices for those people on the list. Can I do this in Excel by using links? The Excel help feature only seems to describe links with figures (numbers), not text. e.g. Mr. Bill Jones, 123 Main Street, Middletown, OK 40404 (each word in its own cell in the mailing list worksheet) ....would link to a worksheet that had Bill Jones' name and address but also indicted that he purchased a $100 product on June 15 and his bill has been paid in full. My questions: 1. Each of the 300 or...

Rule out "connection pool" trouble...
Friends, Probably my ignorance showing, but we are troubleshooting SQL Servers running on virtualized machines. Three virtual Server 2008 running on one piece of hardware, each running SQL Server, each with little client applications that each communicate with all three SQL Servers. The symptoms seem like "networking issues"; we have very long delays and timeouts if no activity has occurred for a while, but once the three start communicating successfully, all is well. Each little client on each server opens a connection to each of the three servers to do some work...

Can I display the current date in a text box?
I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a text box? And how would I do that? You would have to have some code to load it, such as Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78C4C78-C12C-4A8F-9121-E377ACAE3B5B@microsoft.com... > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a > text box? And ...

Lines of text move when viewed in print preview and printed
I am inserting pictures with-in paragraphs of text. I have tried formating as both exact and in-line, using top/bottom. The text moves up 1-2 lines when printed or viewed in print preview. This change in text lines also happens when view is changed from 50% to 100%. I am working with two column text and the pictures are inserted into each column. How can I fix this problem? What version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? You people that think we have crystal balls or are mind readers are exasperating! -- >-----Original Message----- >What version of Windows and Publi...

I'm trying to display the next month in a text field
Hi there, I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for displaying the next month on a text field on my form. I just want the entire month name and nothing else and I have been struggling with: DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 1) but its showing the day and year too and thats not what I need. Thanks in advance! GM gmazza wrote: >Hi there, >I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for >displaying the next month on a text field on my form. >I just want the entire month name and nothing else...

Connection Schedule #2
We have all of our store computers setup on connection schedules. One of them is not connecting automatically and we have request a data upload to get the information off the server. Does anyone know why it would not be connecting and how we can fix the problem? There are a lot of reasons that would cause a store connection to fail - Here is where I would start: 1) Is the connection schedule defined in HQ Mgr?: HQ Mgr> Admin> Stores> Locate/Highlight store> Properties> Connection Schedule - is schedule according to your connection map? 2) Make sure stores connections are...

Windows 7 slow LAN connectivity
It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy anything and is slow beyond any reason. Even when I connected one of them via wire it's still terribly slow and even freezes from time to time. One of the PCs is XP the other runs 7 Ultimate. I already disabled that thing that checks for connection errors or something but still no joy. yaro yaro137 wrote: > It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi > AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy > a...

VBA to import 344 objects from 97 to 2003
I am looking to import a select list of tables, forms, queries, reports and macros from Access97 into Access2003. Yes this can be done by selecting each individual object, but I need to do this 5 or 6 more times before I do it for the final production copy. Pieter, Ken, and John have all been great resources in previous VBA questions, I would greatly appreciate any/all assistance. Thank you!!! The import dialog lets you select all items on the form. Since you're only talking 5 or 6 times, it's probably faster to do that, rather than bothering to write code to do it. -- Dou...

Lost Excel connection to BP
Hello: Last week, the IIS server at a client crashed. They were able to get the server back up and Business Portal is running fine, now, for all users. One user, however, is reporting that his connection to Business Portal data from Microsoft Excel no longer finds the databases (companies) except for that of a test company called “The Phone Company”. In Excel, he goes to Data…Import External Data, grabs the Microsoft Business Solutions data source, types in the URL, and he finds the root directories to the databases. But, again, the databases that he used to see are not there. I c...

Not able to connect to outgoing SMTP server using POP account in Outlook 2007
Good Day, We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error. "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server" I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the following Outgoing Server Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck. Does anybody have any other suggestions that I can try. Thank You Ad...