Windows service 05-04-10

Hi!

I use a user name and a password when I logg in to my personel computer.
I have set Account to User in the property for ServiceProcessInstaller.
My assembly for this service is called MonitorWebSite.exe

When I install the service I use installutit  /i MonitorWebSite.exe
When I do this I get a small dialog with three textboxes.
The first one is where I enter the username.
The second is where I enter the password.
The third is where I confirm the password.

I use the same username and password in this small dialog as I do when I
logg in
but here I get an error it says
An exception occurred during installation
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The accountname does not exist or is
invalid
or is the given password not valid for this account name

I know that this account and password is correct because I use them when I
logg in to the computer.

So my question is why can't I use the same username and password as I do
when I logg in to the computer ?

//Tony

0
Tony

On 04-05-2010 19:05, Tony Johansson wrote:
> I use a user name and a password when I logg in to my personel computer.
> I have set Account to User in the property for ServiceProcessInstaller.
> My assembly for this service is called MonitorWebSite.exe
>
> When I install the service I use installutit  /i MonitorWebSite.exe
> When I do this I get a small dialog with three textboxes.
> The first one is where I enter the username.
> The second is where I enter the password.
> The third is where I confirm the password.
>
> I use the same username and password in this small dialog as I do when I
> logg in
> but here I get an error it says
> An exception occurred during installation
> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The accountname does not exist or is
> invalid
> or is the given password not valid for this account name
>
> I know that this account and password is correct because I use them when I
> logg in to the computer.
>
> So my question is why can't I use the same username and password as I do
> when I logg in to the computer ?

This does not sound particular C# related ...

Can it be that you need to specify domain YOURDOMAIN\yourusername ?

Arne

0
ISO
5/4/2010 11:49:23 PM
"Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message
> So my question is why can't I use the same username and password as I do
> when I logg in to the computer ?

   Have you verified that this User has the "Log On as a Service"
permission?

0
Alberto
5/4/2010 11:56:35 PM
"Alberto Poblacion" <earthling-quitaestoparacontestar@poblacion.org> skrev i
meddelandet news:edLo4V%236KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message
>> So my question is why can't I use the same username and password as I do
>> when I logg in to the computer ?
>
>   Have you verified that this User has the "Log On as a Service"
> permission?

It's my account and I'm an administrator on my own computer
I mean if I'm an administrator I have all the privs that is nesessary

//Tony

0
Tony
5/5/2010 12:07:51 AM
"Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> skrev i meddelandet
> "Alberto Poblacion" <earthling-quitaestoparacontestar@poblacion.org> skrev
> i meddelandet news:edLo4V%236KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message
>>> So my question is why can't I use the same username and password as I do
>>> when I logg in to the computer ?
>>
>>   Have you verified that this User has the "Log On as a Service"
>> permission?
>>

> It's my account and I'm an administrator on my own computer
> I mean if I'm an administrator I have all the privs that is nesessary
>
> //Tony

It's work now because I had to add myself in a group that could run window
services

//Tony

0
Tony
5/5/2010 1:11:39 AM

>>>   Have you verified that this User has the "Log On as a Service"
>>> permission?
>>>

>> It's my account and I'm an administrator on my own computer
>> I mean if I'm an administrator I have all the privs that is nesessary
>>
>> //Tony
>
> It's work now because I had to add myself in a group that could run window
> services

In other words, you now have the "Log On as a Service" right which is
exactly what Alberto was asking about.

0
Jeff

Update MSN Services with Money 2007
How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 Deluxe version ??? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy In microsoft.public.money, Paolo B. wrote: >How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 >Deluxe version ??? Transactions that you enter yourself into Microsoft Money 2007 would not be forwarded out to MSN Money. This keeps that info on your own computer. For institutions with their own OFX servers, you would have to set up those accounts to download into MSN Money also. Accounts where the data comes in via "third party" ...

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

Action Pack 02-18-04
Hi Is CRM included in action pack in UK? Thanks Regards On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:04:51 -0000, "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >Is CRM included in action pack in UK? > John Not seen it so far in ours Julian Julian Sharp Vigence for MS CRM in the UK ...

New message opens up behind outlook window
Everytime I click new in my inbox to open a new message, the new message pops up behind the main oulook window. does anyone know how to make this stop? ...

Automating Auditing of Directory Service Objects
Hi. Is there a way to automate the deployment of Auditing settings to the OU's in AD? I only have a handful so it doesn't have to be TOO efficient. These have to be deployed automatically (via script, command line or whatever) if at all possible. Is this possible? If so, where can I start looking? Thanks! On Wed, 19 May 2010 06:42:49 -0700 (PDT), Neil <neilriches@googlemail.com> wrote: >Hi. Is there a way to automate the deployment of Auditing settings to >the OU's in AD? I only have a handful so it doesn't have to be TOO >efficient. These ...

Document map 05-12-10
The document map for one of my documents has stopped displaying headings from the beginning of the document and instead displays headings from a point within it. The headings that aren't displayed are correctly formatted as Level 1. And I've entered and exited Outline view, with, unfortunately, no benefit. What might the solution be please? Are the headings that are shown the document map in the same style? If so, try reapplying the style to the headings that are not showing up. If not, make sure that it is the paragraph outline level that you have set to 1 (& if it ...

Outlook and Windows Integrated Authentication
Hello All, Does anyone know if Outlook (not OWA) can use Windows Integrated Authentication (like IE) to automatically log onto Intranet Web sites to retrieve graphics in HTML messages? Right now we get a logon dialog and have to manually log in. Thanks. if you paste the url into a browser, does it work as desired? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outloo...

Email Router 05-17-04
Hello, I want to create a queue for support. This queue should receive internal emails from other departments that they are requesting support. Can anybody tell us how to rout these emails to the CRM Queue? Regards, Khalid Hello This is a limitation of MS CRM. The router does not intercept internal email. Only emails that reach the mailserver trough the SMTP gateway are processed. Regards Cedric "Khalid" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e08101c43c13$bb1dbcf0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > I want to create a queue for support. This ...

Error 1606 Money Service Pack 2002
I have tried all of the suggested fixes that I've seen on these boards for the error 1606. I now have no money program, I can not reinstall the money program and the error still pops up in my Turbo Tax and it is driving me crazy! I can not delete the service pack from the add or remove programs applet. I would very much like to finish the taxes before the 15Th. Does someone know what is going on? I've deleted registry keys, done clean boots, tried to eliminate every vestige of the program that can be found yet, when I try to reinstall from the disk, I'm stymied by Error...

Can't install windows updates on SBS 2003
I have a SBS 2003 server that has not been updated in a couple years. It has SP2 installed but when I run Microsoft Update it needs to download and install 96 updates. When I try to get them installed it comes back with an error saying not enough disk space. I have tried to just install 1 update at a time and get the same error. The C:\ drive has over 14GB of free space and the other drives have plenty of space as well. I restarted the server and also ran Disk Cleanup, as the error message reccomends, but am still having the same problem. Anyone run across this problem befo...

email address on Service Call Entry window
Add an email address field to the Service Call Entry window for the customer contact on the service call. Even if it is not pulled from the email address of the address id on the service call, at least the dispatcher could enter an email address on the service call in order to communicate with the customer regarding the call. It is common to take email address as part of contact information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

Task Manager window only CPU
Vista Ultimate SP2 When I launch Windows Task Manager, only a CPU meter opens. When I right click icon in task bar, I only get Close & Always on top options. How do I restore task manager? Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Double click on the white frame of the task manager window. That should do it. -- whs THX - it worked Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net "whs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:89eee91dbeee8173c55e0008be25b622@nntp-gateway....

Windows media player
Why does windows media player keep popping up? David wrote: > Why does windows media player keep popping up? OK, I give up. Why does Windows Media Player keep popping up ? How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 Windows Media Player General Discussion http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player&cat=en_US_44d7101f-71dd-4f9a-b6b9-45215557dd35&lang=en&cr=US MowGreen ================ *-343-* FDNY Never Forgotten ================ banthecheck.com "Security update...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT for July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Ha*king Software (antipir*cy). Some may consider anti-pir*cy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has posts in Windows7NewsDOTcom, and ConnectedInternet showing how in many cases Microsoft has foiled anti-pir*cy efforts. Many believe that piracy is relegated to just illegal copying or theft. But that is not the case. V*rus distribution and embedded malw*re, and privacy intrusion are typical features that result from...

Need help on a formula 05-20-10

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

sending mail 05-20-10
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'michael.porth@bafin.be'. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMT...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

Windows XP SP2
Has anyone else noticed that after installed Windows XP SP2, emails in Outlook sit in the Outbox for several "noticable" seconds before sending. Sam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone else noticed that after installed Windows XP > SP2, emails in Outlook sit in the Outbox for > several "noticable" seconds before sending. I believe I saw this documented on the Microsoft web site. -- Brian Tillman ...

Upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 to GP 10.0 Advice
Hi, We are planning our upgrade of GP9.0 SP2 to GP10.0. We are running SQL 2000 and would like to also upgrade to SQL 2005. I am using the following url (and read some threads on this forum): https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm?printpage=false (page: Updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) The chart Microsoft provides says I can go from 9.00.0281 (which is SP2) to 10.0 or any patch install. What does "any patch install" mean? Does this mean I can't go directly to 10.0 Feature Pack 1? Would i...

Office 2007 on Windows 7
I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I install Office 2007 without any propblems? Answered your first posting. apensa wrote: > I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 > but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I > install Office 2007 without any propblems? ...

Volume License copy of Windows Server
Gurus, Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? -- Spin Start with Vista/Windows 2008, your options to activate are by Internet or Phone. I believe the command that kicks it off is: slui.exe 4 "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:84nk89Far1U1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows > Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? > ...

Can we get newsgroups with Windows Live Mail?
Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live Mail" as they are in OE? Please help, Frank Newsgroups work virtually the same in WLMail as they do in OE. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uybUM2d2KHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. > > How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live > Mail" as they ...