windows forms controls

    Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist for
winforms?
One where I can have a group of  controls repeat like in the asp.net
repeater.
DataGridView doesn't appear to do that.

0
Ralph

Ralph wrote:
>    Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist
> for winforms?
> One where I can have a group of  controls repeat like in the asp.net
> repeater.
> DataGridView doesn't appear to do that.

I don't know much about the ASP.NET controls.  But the Windows Forms
namespace includes layout controls, such as FlowLayoutPanel and
TableLayoutPanel, in which you can simply add as many controls of a
certain type as you want, and they will be arranged according to the
layout rules for the panel.

Maybe one of those would suit your needs.

Pete
0
Peter
4/11/2010 7:07:52 AM
"Peter Duniho" <no.peted.spam@no.nwlink.spam.com> wrote in message
> Ralph wrote:
>>    Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist
>> for winforms?
>> One where I can have a group of  controls repeat like in the asp.net
>> repeater.
>> DataGridView doesn't appear to do that.
>
> I don't know much about the ASP.NET controls.  But the Windows Forms
> namespace includes layout controls, such as FlowLayoutPanel and
> TableLayoutPanel, in which you can simply add as many controls of a
> certain type as you want, and they will be arranged according to the
> layout rules for the panel.
>
> Maybe one of those would suit your needs.
>
> Pete

Thank Pete I will take a look at those.

0
Ralph
4/11/2010 12:05:39 PM
"Ralph" <ralphd42@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>    Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist
> for winforms?
> One where I can have a group of  controls repeat like in the asp.net
> repeater.
> DataGridView doesn't appear to do that.

Not in the sense that you define a template and then a bunch of controls get
created from that template for every row. This would really tax system
resources.

0
Jeff

BackgroundThreadProc exits with code 1 on Windows Vista
Hello, I'm using Visual Studio 2008 with SP1, MFC Feature Pack 2008, Windows Vista 32 bit on a quad core machine. The problem is that when I'm creating an application with the Application Wizard, the thread "BackgroundThreadProc" terminates with exit code 1. What does this mean ? I also tried this on another computer (dual core machine) with Windows XP Sp2 and it terminates normaly (exit code is 0). Should I worry about the termination code of BackgroundThreadProc ? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 01:54:00 -0700, DorIN <DorIN@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Windows SharePoint Services Search Configuration Question
Hi, I am setting up a MOSS 2007 server farm and had a question about configuring the Windows SharePoint Services search service. I know how to physically configure it but I am unclear as to which server or servers in the farm that I show configure it on. This is our setup Dedicated SQL Server - SQL 2005 Enterprise x64 Web Front End #1 - Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 Enterprise x64 Web Front End #2 - Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 Enterprise x64 Application Server - Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 Enterprise x64 Also a bit of background. I plan to have the query servi...

CTreeCtrl Information about special display (Root on the right side of the window)
Hello, Do you know how I can do to display a Tree Control ( CTreeCtrl ) on a dialig box with a special display. I need to display the root of tree control on the rigth window side, with the child on the left window side. Thank You Franck ...

Windows 7 automatic clicks
I have moved to Win 7 (64b). Now when I click on a button on a form I have to quickly move the cursor off the button or it will automatically execute another click. How do I prevent this? Thank you Answered in your post 4 hours later. ...

Summing up records in a Form
(Sorry for cross-posting. I accidentally posted to the "General Questions" track, but it fits obviously better here:) I have a table with four fields: (1) a unique ID, (2) a filter field, (3) a text (not unique) and (4) a number. In my form I want to filter the table by a combox selection (in this case the value "f1") and collapse the remaining records with identical text and show the sum of the number. Records (myId, myFilter, myTxt, myNum): 1, f1, texta, 9 2, f1, texta, 8 3, f2, texta, 7 4, f1, textb, 6 .... I want to filter only the "f1" records and see:...

Newbie How to : Move a control's position on a dialog
Hi All I have a control on a Dialog which I need to have displayed in a different position in different circumstances. .................................................................................................................... Control Id : ID_My_DTP Control Variable type : CDateTimeCtrl Control Variable name : m_ctrlDTP In the .rc file it is defined as CONTROL "DateTimePicker1",ID_My_DTP,"SysDateTimePick32", DTS_RIGHTALIGN | NOT WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP,262,49,56, 13,WS_EX_TRANSPARENT ............

Update window after resizing.
By default, windows are immediately updated during resizing its window. But, some applications update their view after resizing is finished. (releasing mouse button) In addition, they show gray or dim lines to display its shape of window. How to do that? and where can I find it's documents or example source code? Take a look at CS_HREDRAW and CS_VREDRAW window styles. These styles cause the whole window to be invalidated whenever the window is resized. KB article 177352 talks about this. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Joon-ho Ryu" <junoryu@hotmail.com&...

New Message Window in Outlook Web Access
Hi, I am trying to figure out how you can set the new message window in Outlook Web Access to open in the middle of the screen instead of way to the right of the screen. I'm tired of dragging the message over to close it. Thanks for the help, Shery ...

Windows 7 USB lockup after selective suspend resume
I have a KMDF USB driver for a network device that supports selective suspend (this is a two piece driver, as recommended in Doron Holan's blog). This driver passes WHQL for XP and 7. I am having problems with the x86 (x64 untested with this scenario) Windows 7/WDF 1009 version of the driver under scenarios where a request is received in a power managed queue within 2-3 milliseconds of the WDF USB driver completing its EvtDeviceD0Exit routine. The selective suspend timeout is set to 5 seconds. The timeline looks something like this (per output from DbgView): 119.872 ...

XP style controls in non-unicode app
I am writing an application in VS2005. Due to the need to eventually reuse roughly 50k lines of existing non-unicode code, I cannot compile with the unicode flag. This flag appears to be controlling which style of MFC controls are used in my dialogs. In other words, if I build it as a unicode application I get the newer rounder controls, from winXP I believe. If I build it without unicode support I get the older, square style of buttons, etc. from the VS6 days. Do the new styles require unicode support, or is there a way around it? thanks j.goforth wrote: > I am writing an application in...

Show Picture in a form
I have a table where I store the employee picture. I have a form where I would like to have the picture show when the employee is choosen from a combo box. Is this done with Object frames? Can some one help me set this up please. thank you victor. Victor, I recommend against actually storing the picture in the database. This will bloat your database incredibly, and, depending on the size of your company, and the size of the images, could cause you to rapidly approach the maximum file size (2GB for 2003) of an Access database. Instead, I recommend storing the file name in the databa...

Subforms, Continuous Forms, and Locking Columns oh my...?
Hi, Ok, let me see if I can explain this... We're moving from Excel to Access. In Excel we could lock the first 5 columns in place. Great. In Access the only way to lock columns is to use the datasheet view. The problem with that is the user can change the width of the fields; also, I can't dynamically hide fields. I also have a requirement to have custom field labels. If I use the datasheet view, I'll get the grey boxes with fieldnames. I can blank them all out (I'm willing to live with this), but I can't add a Form Header to the datasheet view which allows me to ...

Newbie question: Getting checked builds of Windows XP
Where does one get checked builds of Windows XP? I'd like to install just the checked OS and HAL (per this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff547196.aspx), but there's no mention of where the checked versions of those files come from. It seems like this might be something one could get with an MSDN subscription, but after nosing around msdn.microsoft.com, I couldn't find a definitive answer; the MSDN download list for Windows XP (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/securedownloads/default.aspx) shows checked builds for only a couple of e...

How to get files from mac formatted iPod to Windows PC
[url=http://dvd-video-soft.com/dvdvideoguide/how-to-transfer-songs-videos-from-mac-formatted-ipod-to-pc-and-mac-ipod-to-pc-itunes.html][b]How to get songs videos files from mac formatted iPod to Windows Computer?[/b][/url]Many Mac computer users have faced an mac formatted ipod to windows pc computer transfer probem when they get a new windows computer. So they will ask:[b]"I need to transfer the contents of my Mac formatted iPod into my Windows PC. Is this possible at all? ""My Ipod was formatted using Mac. The Mac is no longer use and I want to transfer my mac formatted Ipod d...

Scroll Bar missing "Control" tab in "Format Properties" dialog box
Good afternoon, all, I have a scroll bar on a worksheet that, which when I right click and click "Format Control" displays a dialog box with "Size", "Protection", "Properties", "Web" and "Control" tabs, the latter of which allows me to soecify maximum and minimum values and link the scrollbar to a cell to display a value between the min and max, depending on the position of the button within the scrollbar. However, when I create subsequent scrollbars, the "Control" tab is absent. Can anyone enlighten me as to what is ...

Upload & Download Form. pls help
Hi,I need to do a form that I can use to download and upload files from/to my database.first I want to know if this is possible? (the entire database will be on a server).Second thing,how do I do it? After viewing the helpfile on these, does this seem like what your after: DoCmd.TransferDatabase DoCmd.TransferText DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet "M!$HU" wrote: > Hi,I need to do a form that I can use to download and upload files from/to my > database.first I want to know if this is possible? (the entire database will > be on a server).Second thing,how do I do it? ...

how can I post to GL from custom form ?
Hello there is there any guide, or example of a posting from a custom form ? I needs ot have a cusotme form to take some data from another DB or customer tables and then save it in some journal then post it .... ? anybody done that before / or is it a plain crazy idea ? You may want to look at eOne Solutions' version of Extender (Enterprise Edition). It allows one to create forms easily and tie them in to various transactions in Great Plains. They provide a number of sample application that will give you an idea of the functionality and how to build it. http://www.eonesoluti...

OLE Objects display mode in form
I have a form in which the OLE Objects (saved emails) display as only "package". I have the field settings as size mode: clip and Display Type:Icon. Why won't the objects display in the Icon format wth the email file name displayed? ...

Implementing a window like .NET Studio's "Properties"?
Hi there, Does anyone know if there's a class available to make a Properties-type dialog with .NET studio in C++? I'm looking for what pretty much amounts to a 2 column grid, with the ability to put edit boxes, combo boxes, etc. into the right hand column. Thanks for any tips. Chris you can use the propertygrid control. see http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/archive/2005/03/19/46065.aspx "cada0310" <cada0310@discussions.microsoft.com> д����Ϣ����:79284EE3-B397-4098-B168-B4D7A69D6776@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > Does anyone know if there's a clas...

Turn off ActiveX Control warnings
Hi, Some staff are using the 'while you were out' form that's available for download on the web. One staff member is getting a warning each time they open the form: "This form contains an ActiveX control" and you have to choose enable/disable. Where can I set this permanently, so the user doesn't have to click enable/disable all the time? Cheers, Gav Make sure that you're using a published version of the form, not launching it from an .oft file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

Control character manipulation
Hello In a C++ program, I would like to change the string "ty^Hypescript ^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^ ^H^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^G^G^G^G^Gty^Hypescript ^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^M" into the string "typescript" The letters like '^H', '^H^H', and '^G' represents some of the ANSI control characters such as backspace. (the characters are shown on VI editor. So, I think it's possible to process control characters within a code, like a VT100 virtual terminal does.( In deed, I am not sure whether the process is done in a terminal, shell or whatever. I...

Extracting Data from Outlook forms
Hi I would like to create a Form for Staff to complete when they want a file brought out of the firm's archives. Not too much problem creating the form, but I was wondering if it is possible for the data contained in the form to then be extracted to populate a database with the detail contained in the form eg File Name, File Number, Requested By etc etc. Can it be done? Thanks Dave It can be done, but you'll have to write the code to create the database = records. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm for examples.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Mi...

AccountID on Account form?
Hi i wonder if there is a way to show the accountid field on the account form. need some unique id - cause there can be accounts with the same name. thanks As far as I know, it is usually not possible to add the accountid to the window. Instead, you could add an accountnumber. Hope this helps, Ronald Lemmen "Max" wrote: > Hi > > i wonder if there is a way to show the accountid field on the account > form. need some unique id - cause there can be accounts with the same > name. > > thanks > > ...

windows media player 01-05-10
why not add a program so I can print a playlist..... I would love it........ Hi, Have a look here, http://www.footballchance.com/WMPplaylist.shtm -- DAVE "whopbell" wrote: > why not add a program so I can print a playlist..... I would love it........ ...

Halo crashing Windows
Why is Halo crashing windows no more then twice a day. Yes I get the blue screen which states to remove new hardware. The only thing new are the motherboard, CPU and memory. <rr@nospam.edu> wrote in message news:uSLPh2RPLHA.456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Why is Halo crashing windows no more then twice a day. Yes I get the blue > screen which states to remove new hardware. The only thing new are the > motherboard, CPU and memory. Hardware fault caused by overheating? Check that the temperature of the GPU on your graphics card is within spec. Improving case co...