Task manager in C#

How to create task manager which shows process description and CPU columns
like
in windows Task Manager?

I looked into Process class but it does not have Task Maanger CPU and
process description
column properties.
Also it returns lot of duplicate process names as "svchost" .
How to explore from C# code what is really running instead of svchost
generic name ?

Andrus.

0
Andrus

Andrus wrote:
> How to create task manager which shows process description and CPU
> columns like
> in windows Task Manager?
>
> I looked into Process class but it does not have Task Maanger CPU and
> process description
> column properties.
> Also it returns lot of duplicate process names as "svchost" .

That's because there is more than one process named "svchost".  You
should see the same in Task Manager, especially if you are showing
processes for all users.

> How to explore from C# code what is really running instead of svchost
> generic name ?

I'm not aware of anything in .NET that provides that full level of
detail.  It's possible there's support in WMI, which you can access via
..NET, but I don't know for sure.  Otherwise, you will have to enumerate
the processes with the unmanaged Win32 API.

Pete
0
Peter

Risk Management on Project Server 2003
Hi I am looking for following information to support Risk Management on Project Server 2003: 1. Why SharePoint is needed? 2. What features of SharePoint are used ? 3. What i need to do to existing Project Server (PS) and SharePoint installation to get the required feature in PS? Thank you Shiva Chaitanya. Shiva -- If you need to do Risk management in Project Server 2003, then you need to use SharePoint. This is because SharePoint provides the functionality for Risk, Issue, and Document management with Project Server. If you already ins...

Moving Tasks
Hi, I have a baseline plan which has two phases (initial and final). Few tasks in the initial phase are not done due to the non-availability of planned resources. Final phase is planned to start from next week and please let me know how to move those tasks from initial to final phase. Regards Naga What is it you did you distinguish in Project the difference between the initial and final phases? What "barrier" is stopping uncompleted work moving forward when you update the schedule with progress? Perhaps you have constraints on the tasks in the initial phase (...

How do I associate task list with another calendar?
I have an extensive task list that shows in one calendar view. I would like it to show in another. Can I associate it, or does it have to all be reentered? "holyharvester" <holyharvester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A0249B2-3A52-43ED-9509-E65851724BD9@microsoft.com... >I have an extensive task list that shows in one calendar view. I would like > it to show in another. Can I associate it, or does it have to all be > reentered? You first: state your Outlook version. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Only the default task list dis...

Create and assign an outlook task using VBA?
I have code that creates an Outlook task for me. I want to be able to automatically assign a task to a certain e-mail address recipient. Is this possible? It seems that the right properties are available, but I can't seem to get it to work. Here is my code... Private Sub Create_It_Click() 'Create the Task in Outlook On Error GoTo AddAppt_Err Dim outobj As Outlook.Application Dim outtask As Outlook.TaskItem 'Dim objApptOccur As TaskItem Set outobj = CreateObject("outlook.application") Set outtask = outobj.CreateItem(olTas...

C Sharp Basics
To know more about C Sharp Basics with Examples in very easy way then please visit: http://csharpexpress.blogspot.com/ ...

Keep getting task pop 3 Send /Recieve Error 0x800 40 900
Outlook 2003 when I hit send /recieve to get mail the above notification appears, does this mean I have messages but unable to access them due to the error or could there be another explanation. Cheers Neil Is this a newly set up account? Did it ever work before? Have you checked with your ISP to verify your account settings? Check their website for the server details. Make sure you have spelled everything correctly in the account details - this is in the Control Panel mail applet. "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8D1CE45-5CE2-4651-850F-DA514...

Force disable of power management on network card?
Hello! I have a few XP Pro SP3 computers on an ancient SBS 2000 domain and I am trying to prevent the workstations from EVER going to sleep or turning off the NIC so that they can be accessed remotely at any time. I cannot find a group policy to disable the "Allow the computer to turn off this device..." setting. I have "powercfg /hibernate off" in the login script to prevent hibernation. I also need to stop all NICs from going to sleep. I can uncheck the boxes to not allow them to be put to sleep, but something re-enables that feature within a few minutes...

Updating task list in calendar view
I have just recently begun using Outlook, so please forgive the newbie question. Whenever I get a daily calendar view with the task pane on the right, the task list includes all tasks, current and future. I can configure the Outlook Today window to just current tasks and I know that there has to be a way to do the same thing with the calendar view. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Charles right click on the task list and change the view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual...

Ctrl-c fails to work
Unusual issue. I don't know if anyone knows a workaround. When a user opens GP (v7.5 sp4 and 7), ctrl-c and ctrl-v work fine for copying and pasting. Once Transactions>>Financial>>Reconcile is opened, ctrl-c no longer works. You can click edit>>copy, but the keyboard shortcut to copy fails (ctrl-v still works). Closing GP and reopening resolves the issue, until you open that window again. Any thoughts? I have a client that has the same issue that the Ctrl-C will fails to work on the SOP item line. However have not yet been able to determine what conditions cause i...

Managing Leads / Opportunities / Accounts etc...
We ahve just had CRM installed at work and after two days of trying to work out how to get the best from the product for our business has left my head buzzing!! We have a three tier channel model -Distributors - Resellers and End Users. Could anyone give me an idea of the best way to link all our channel information. My first train of though was to set up all our distributors as parent accounts of our resellers (Sub Accounts??), but then resellers do not always purchase from the same disty and how do I link the end user data??? My next problem is any product downloads / enquiries which...

Converting mails to tasks
Hi All, Is there a way where we can convert the incoming mails to tasks using some task template? If so, please let me know how. Thanks, Vinay. Check this page for some possibilities: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/tasks.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b0301c3a9af$814353b0$a101280a@phx.gbl, Vinay Urs wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a way where we can convert the incoming mails to > tasks using some task template? > > ...

editing budgets from a managed scheduled deposit
I have added my salary into the 'managed scheduled deposit' section giving details as 'every other week'. The budget, however, under the heading of 'review your current budget status' shows double the actuals amount. (That is the budget shows an incorrect amount compared to the actuals forecasted in the scheduled deposit page). If I select "Wages and Salary : Gross Pay" and click on 'edit item' at the bottom of the page, the pop-up window asks me what to edit. When I click on the the down arrow, the salary account shows three transaction re...

Tasks in Outlook Today #2
I am trying to configure Outlook Today in Outlook 2003. The general layout as well as the display of appointments and messages are ok. But it seems that I can not configure the tasks the way I want them using the customize page: - Show tasks from today and older - Sort first according to age (new to old), then according to priority (high to low) - Optional: Do not mark (over)due tasks Any idea how to do this, even if I have to create a page manually? Best regards, Bernd very little customization is available for the outlook today page... so you'll need to make one yourself. It's n...

Tasks not following date change
I recently had a drive crash and had to save all my appointments and tasks from my back-up file to another laptop. The save went fine but now when I click on another date in the calendar box above the task pad display the calendar of appointments goes to the selected date but the tasks stay the same. To view scheduled tasks on another day I have to change the date in the laptop's clock settings to fool the task display into thinking it's that day. Previously, when I selected a different day, both the appointments AND the tasks changed. I am using Outlook 2000 and can't fi...

Assigning task to another resouce in Project server
I have a Project server 2007 installed on a Single server. All users updates their tasks using Outlook 2007 Plug-In synchronized to Project server. One of the task was assigned to a resource X. A new resource Y was added to project and the Task assigned to resource X was re-assigned to resource Y. When resource Y synchronize tasks using outlook 2007, the re-assigned task was reflected in resource Y's tasks list in outlook 2007. But resource X also has the same task listed as it was not removed from outlook 2007 task for resource X. How do I fix this? i,.e I would l...

Cannot understand how to download Outlook with contact manager
Cannot understand how to download Outlook with contact manager. I have standard Outlook in Office Enterprise 2007. These instructions come from Office.Microsoft.com -- "Volume License customers who purchase Office Professional Plus 2007 or Office Enterprise 2007 may download Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager by visiting the volume licensing services Web site or may request the assistance of their reseller." I don't see any intructions. and use an HP computer with OEM software. It doesn't sound like you're a volume license customer. "tomsha...

default user in "manage full access permission"
I'm trying to see the member of "manage full access permission". For all my users, in my exchange 2007 enviroment, I see that instead of username or group name ther is SID. Is normal? What are the default group or user that must exist? Thank you On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 05:47:31 -0700 (PDT), big <d.digrego@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to see the member of "manage full access permission". >For all my users, in my exchange 2007 enviroment, I see that instead >of username or group name ther is SID. >Is normal? It is if the account's n...

CRM 4.0 Window Management
Hi Everyone, Particularly with the Web Client - all the complaints I hear from the sales staff revolve around window management, or the absolute barrage of windows they have to deal with when pulling up certain bits of information. Or the confusion that comes from having numerous CRM windows open at the same time. Do any of you have any clever (or otherwise) solutions to this problem? Much appreciated, -ck You could try changing their tabbed browsing settings within Internet Explorer options to open pop-ups in a new tab instead of opening a new window. It doesn't reduce the nu...

Requisition Manager
In Business Portal / Requisition Manager the user must indicate the financial account to use for the requisition. This field can only be populated by hitting the spyglass and scrolling to the required account and then clicking select. It would be a big improvement if the user could enter the account directly and have the account validated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow thi...

Adding a second Manager field to the User record
We have personnel that report to more than one boss. Is it possible to create a second "Manager" field on the User record that performs just like the original Manager field through the standard Customization interface? Hi Robin, It seems like it's possible to make such customization with CRM "internal" instruments. You just have to go to customization area in CRM and open the User entity. The attribute name of Manager field is parentsystemuserid, and you can create similar attribute with lookup type and give it a name something like second manager. Then do the ma...

XP Session Manager Initialization fatal error
ANYBODY WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM! if your XP doesn't start, or reboots constantly. press F8 before Windows starts and select the "Disable Automatic Reboot on System Fail". If you get the blue screen saying "fatal error, Session Manager Initialization failed" and the code "c0000021a", do this : 1. find a way to access to your XP hard drive (for example, from another OS running on the same computer) 2. go to %windows folder%/system 32, and check the crss.exe file! 3. if it's size is above 100kb instead of the original 6kb, and has a 'W'...

How to use Workflow Manager to convert email into lead
Hello, I would like to set up a process by which emails that come into a certain queue are then automatically used to create a Lead record (ideally using some of the information from the email address to provide first name / last name). Is this possible? JM You have to create a custom workflow assembly for this which calls the Crm Web Service to convert to mail to a lead -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "JM" wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to set up a process by which emails that come into a certain > queue are then au...

Generate c# code from Visio diagram
hi, is there a way to create c# code skeleton if i have visio class diagram? i am using visual studio 2003 and visual studio 2005. regards, rnv Yes with VS2005 team system for developper that include Visio for enterprise architect. For each class in your drawing you will have a C# file. "Raju Vaidya" <raju.vaidya@fokus.fraunhofer.de> a �crit dans le message de news: %2387j0PdlGHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > hi, > is there a way to create c# code skeleton if i have visio class diagram? > i am using visual studio 2003 and visual studio 2005. > regards, > r...

Integration Manager
I received a VB Script to Open a connection and compare the Document Number on the csv and select the DebtorId from GP. We are Using National Accounts and only the Parent Id is supplied by the customer. The problem now exists that you cannot apply to the Document Number as it cannot see the DebtorId. While running a cash receipt integration using the script, the following error is returned: 'DOC 1 WARNING: Apply-To Document 111/SLS is either missing or voided'. In Dynamics the apply to document does exist and it has not been voided. Recent Tech Knowledge Posts indicate that y...

Integration Manager vs eConnect
We have two data integration requirements the first is to import data from another accounting solution the data residing in MS SQL2000, the second requirement will be recurring and that is to import AP invoices from a vendor's provided SQL table. Is eConnect or the Integration Manager a better choice? For simple data integrations, I prefer to use Integration Manager since it does not require complex coding and it is a pretty straight forward process. For complaex data integrations, like invoices, orders etc, eConnect is the right tool but it requires tedious coding (I use VB.Net). &...