Select ID,Data FROM [Data$]"

I'm going thru C# code that  connects to an excel object.  I've never
seen a slq construct like this.  Would someone please decipher the
"[Data$]" part?  Thank you.

"Select ID,Data FROM [Data$]"
(used in a constructor like:  new OleDbDataAdapter(query, connection))
0
cate

On May 9, 9:28=A0am, cate <catebekens...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm going thru C# code that =A0connects to an excel object. =A0I've never
> seen a slq construct like this. =A0Would someone please decipher the
> "[Data$]" part? =A0Thank you.
>
> "Select ID,Data FROM [Data$]"
> (used in a constructor like: =A0new OleDbDataAdapter(query, connection))

Got answer from sqlserver group.  This is an excel sheet reference.
Thanks
0
cate

data form
Is there a way, with a data form, to allow the user to only input one record. For instance, I have a macro that opens the data form, uses "SendKeys" statment to start a new record. It then relies on the user to press Enter at the end of the record and then the close button to exit from the data form. Is there a way for it to close after they've entered the last field? TIA Steve You can't program the built-in data form, but you could build your own, or try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm Steve Simons wrote: > Is...

Mouse continues to select after clicking on a cell in excel.
I have read numerous posts detailing this issue and all the replies have been unhelpful. So hopefully, I can get some actual help for this issue. This issue seems to happen randomly, and effects one out of 10 similar machines with the same setup. All the machines are running windows 2000 (fully patched to the latest service/security level), running Office XP, also fully patched to the latest service/securit level. The problem is, a cell gets selected and the mouse continues to select cells even thou the mouse button is not pressed, basically disabling excel. The only way to stop thi...

Help with laying out data for a chart
Excel 2003 Hello, I am trying to lay out my data for a chart but am not able to get the desired results. I would like to be able to list minimum and maximum salaries for various positions in my company and to be able to chart this information so the chart shows the minimum and maximum salaries by position. As an example, I have laid out my data in the following format: Cell B1: Minimum, Cell C1: Maximum, Cell A2: Admin Asst, Cell B2: $25,000, Cell C2: $35,000, Cell A3: Manager, Cell B3: $44,000, Cell C3: $59,000 My goal is to create a chart that shows the position name on the left si...

how to sheet1 data goes to sheet2 automaticaly ?
Hai all I would like to know one excel sheet1 data to sheet2 automaticaly,which command use for it ,please.... It's a formula. If you're on sheet2, to reference sheet1, use something like: =sheet1!a1 Regards, Fred "ABDUSSALAM" <ABDUSSALAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F5C2113-D186-41EA-9CEB-0D190D101F1B@microsoft.com... > Hai all > I would like to know one excel sheet1 data to sheet2 automaticaly,which > command use for it ,please.... If it's a one-off requirement you can just use copy/paste, but if you want i...

excel shared data
This may not be the correct news group but not sure where to go so thanks for any guidence. I have a domain on which we have a shared folder which contains an excel workbook. Multiple users update this workbook via this network share. I have a pc that has a large wall mounted screen attached which is plugged into network using tcp/ip but does not have domain account or user logon, goes straight through to a desktop and displays a slide show on wall screen. Some of these slides now need to access data in cells on shared excel workbook to show graphs in slideshow. My question is can anyone...

Pivot tables with external data source
Hi! I use a lot of pivottables with connetions to external data sources. Sometimes I need to modify the queries, and I do this by using the pivottable wizard, and press "get data" from step 2 in the wizard. I then get access to MS Query and can edit whatever I need to. But from time to time I only get the message "No data fields have been retrieved", and nothing happens. Usually I can get access by refreashing the table and try again, but this time I've even copied the table into another workbook without success. Does anyone have a solution for my problem? How d...

getting data into columns
I have to get data into columns. the data is in rows for example cell B (W436), cell B2 (X32), cell B3 (Y4639890), cell B4 (Z58911) cell C (X453), cell C2 (Z54786), cell C3 (W213), C4 (Y576). I need to get th data in order. Then into W,X,Y,Z columns so the data all lines up. Thanks to all, Willia -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You don't make it clear from your post which values go into which columns. You'll probably need something including OFFSET() but without understanding your task it's difficult to advise. -- Andy. "William >" <<...

Data Validation List Questions
I have a few questions. (Note I cannot use Macros as a solution, I know that would be easier but I can't) 1. Can you set a "default value" in a cell that is the first item in the Validation List? This would mean that although the user can pick from the list, The first item in the list automatically appears in the cell. 2. Can you replace the users selection with another from the list. Think of this one like an OPtion Button. Lets say the user selects "X" in the first cell. Later he selects "X" in the second cell. I need something (Not a macro) that...

Data Migration Manager Cnofiguration error
I can't get Data Migration Manager configured. I first intalled DMM (CRM 4.0) on the dev PC running XP SP3 then on SQL Server hosting CRM databases and also on the CRM server (both application and platform installed on the same server running Windows server 2003 Entreprise SP2, it's the DEV environment!) and I got the exact same result from any of these intallation, by the installation of DMM and CRM server done with the same user with all required rights. When I first run DMM, the config wizard appears and after I type in the intranet url and click NEXT the following error occ...

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com >> "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message >> news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >>> Hello All - >>> >>> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >>> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >>> there an easy way to do this? >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Blake ...

Making a query to get data from a parent-child table
Hello, Im quite new to VBA coding with MS Access and may do things that most of you wouldnt so I would appreciate any further insight into question if your willing to provide it. Im creating a system for my cousin so he can basically create invoices for his company. His company has 2 different mailing addresses so I have used a table (tblCompany) to store this information. The main data is stored on a parent (Client) and child (Product) table. When I open the parent table, I can view all the products that were shipped to the particular client. This works great. ...

How use files in Excel 2003 and Excel 2000 without loss data ?
I have an Excel 2003 file, when I open this with Excel 2000, and save, I loss data when trying to open in Excel 2003 again. What's the indication of this? Are you getting an error message or something? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Manuel" <Manuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E07760C-11EC-486B-B91D-DCA884F88EED@microsoft.com... > I have an Excel 2003 file, when I open this with Excel 2000, and save, I loss > data when trying to open in Excel 2003 again. ...

Adding Sort Field from Existing Data
I have a problem and if anybody could help I would really appreciate it. I have a field called subcondwgnumber which has entries such as PL100, RS2A, BP35A etc. I want to run some code that on an afterupdate of the subcondwgnumber takes the users entry and makes it an 8 or 9 digit sort number and then stores it in a field such as sortnumber such as the entries above would be PL000100, RS000002A, BP000035A. Please note that not all entries have a letter at the end so that this creates some difficulty. I am thinking: 1. Test subcondwgnumber user entry for letter at end 2. If there is, strip ...

design decision sanity check
Right now users upload data through a web application, ranging from two hundred to maybe more than two million rows, with columns of integer, nvarchar(127), and nvarchar(255); each time an upload occurs a new table is created with a running index tacked onto the end of a common base name. I want to change this design because I dislike having dynamic SQL in any application-specific sprocs. I also don't like allowing any user application-driven process the privilege to create tables. I floated the idea of consolidating all these tables into one, and the original database de...

Interstore transfer Store ID does not show up
I am doing an Interstore transfer out order. When I select Interstore, I click on the Lookup in the ship to area. There are no stores. I have two stores setup with HQ. How do you make other stores show up in this look up window? I have 2.0. Hi Sam, First of all how you configure your store database, you had already database of store and then configure it with HQ or you confgiure your database export directly from HQ database the work sheet style which once need to be run at store is Style 101: Synchronize Store Database. but for running this certain condition apply. "sammm&quo...

database query not showing foxpro database How I import data
I have install office 2003 I used to access data from a foxpro programm in excel 2000 ealier, but since I have install ms office 2003, excel databases shwoing only debase file , excel file MS Acess database. Its not display Fox-Pro Database to acess I downloaded fox-pro driver and intall fox-pro on my computer but Foxpro database does not show in databases filed. kindly advice what to do? if any special driver rquire please send too "mangat" <mangat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD4B949-881F-4407-9B79-23B5BCF318C6@microsoft.com... > I down...

error occurred when import the sample data to the MS CRM
When I use the Microsoft.Crm.SampleDataWizard.exe to import sample data to the MS CRM. There will appear "Can't create CRM Object" error message, no further description of the error and only "Finish" button can be clicked. When I try to import again, it will say that "I have imported the data and can't import again, must reinstall the CRM server". I use MS CRM 1.2 version. Does anyone know how can I fix the problem? Thanks Unfortunately, once the import fails, the only way to resolve it is to completely uninstall and try again. Matt Parks MVP - Microsof...

Copying and Referencing data and formatting
Greetings. I have a a column of data in one worksheet which I wish to appear in several other worksheets in my spreadsheet - complete with formatting. The problem is the source data changes all the time. Therefore, at the moment, I am simply re-copying and pasting the data (and formatting) everytime I make a change. Isn't there a way I can just reference this data so it is duplicated each time? I have tried just using an "=x:y" formula, but this does not copy formatting, so things like cell shading and hyperlinks are being lost. Any ideas? Thanks, Pies. Hi unfortunate...

IMC Data Folder
Hello: I've noted that mail is building in my outbound messages awaiting conversion folder and am logging event id 3038. Microsoft suggests that corruption has occured in the imcdata folder structure...in/out folders. To correct, they suggest. deleting ims connector deleting and recreating imcdata in/out folders recreating ims connector is defrag My question is this - what exactlyt does "recreate" imcdata in/out folders mean. After manually deleting them, does the recreation of IMS recreate this folder structure or do you need to manually go in and do it yourself. Are th...

text files open with all data in first column
When I open a text file using Excel, I get the wizard and open it with no problems. But if someone else tries to open it at their workstation, they can not open it, all the data is in the first column >>they can not open it, all the data is in the first column They can't open the file and yet they get data? Basically, if a text file has a CSV extension it should open without the Text Import Wizard and parse automatically by commas or semicolons, whichever is the list separator character under Window Regional Settings on the machine. Otherwise (any other extension) the TIW s...

How2:Display data from multiple Records on one line seperated by Commas
Here is My Data in [Products] Category Item ======== ========== Fruit Apples Fruit Oranges Fruit Bananas Nuts Peanuts Nuts Cashews Nuts Almonds Nuts Pistachios Candy Mars Candy Snickers Candy M&Ms Candy Baby Ruth What I want to see in areport and ideally a query as well, is: Category Items ======== ================================== Fruit Apples,Oranges,Bananas Nuts Peanuts,Cashews,Almonds,Pistachios Candy Mars,Snickers,M&Ms,Baby Ruth Not sure how I woudl go about this one. Ideas please? Phil Phil Smith wrote: >Here is My Data in [Products] > >Catego...

Selecting one day or another in invite
Can I create a meeting invitation that recurs on Tuesday and Thursday, but the invitees can select one or the other that they want to attend? In other words, I'll be having the same meeting twice a week and some will attend one and some the other but I want it in one invite. Any thoughts? Thanks! Sure - See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/pickmeeting.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

How to maintain selection indication in a List View row
I have a list view from which I can select a row. However, when I select a row and pop a dialog box, there is no indication that one of the rows is selected. The following pops a test dialog on a double click via: void CMyListView::OnNMDblclk(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { CListCtrl& rlc = GetListCtrl(); int nItem = rlc.GetNextItem(-1, LVNI_SELECTED); if(nItem >= 0) { TCHAR szTest[80]; sprintf(szTest, _T("Selected item %d"), nItem); AfxMessageBox(szTest); } } I select the row and it shows up as white on dark blue. Double click ...

Select range item to add up to a (parameter) total
I have a list of data (A1:B15) that contains a product (A) and amount (B). I need a formula or other method that will determine what product(s) will add up to a given total---the total is a parameter. For example: banana, $1.00 apple, $0.50 pear, $2.00 grapes, $3.00 Total (Parameter): $5 Answer: pear, $2.00 grapes, $5.00 Note that an item cannot be counted more than once. ...

Sales for Outlook displays no data
I'm having a problem with just one employee's SFO install. I click on any of the folders in Outlook and all I get is an hourglass - no data, no error message, just blank. Any ideas why this one machine might be so troublesome? Tried uninstalling and reinstalling all components to no avail. Thanks much. BondG BondG, Are you using 1.2 or 3.0? I have just had this same error with 1.2, i am now installing the hotfixes i will update you with the outcome. Its very strange as its the first machine that its happened on. Each machine has a different problem, keeps you occupied thoug...