Problems with System.Xml

Hi there,

I have this snippet:

using System.Xml;

XmlDocument doc = ...;
XmlNode foo = doc.CreateElement("foo");
foo.Attributes.Appen(doc.CreateAttribute("id", "23"));

my 'foo' tag looks like this:

<foo d2p1:id="" d2p1="23"/>

My questions are:
1. Why? ;-)
2. How can I get rid of the d2p stuff and have just <foo id="23/>?

Thanks in advance,
Giulio
Giulio

On Nov 16, 3:19=A0pm, Giulio Petrucci <faken...@fakedomain.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have this snippet:
>
> using System.Xml;
>
> XmlDocument doc =3D ...;
> XmlNode foo =3D doc.CreateElement("foo");
> foo.Attributes.Appen(doc.CreateAttribute("id", "23"));
>
> my 'foo' tag looks like this:
>
> <foo d2p1:id=3D"" d2p1=3D"23"/>
>
> My questions are:
> 1. Why? ;-)
> 2. How can I get rid of the d2p stuff and have just <foo id=3D"23/>?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Giulio
> --

            XmlDocument doc =3D new XmlDocument();
            XmlElement foo =3D doc.CreateElement("foo");
            foo.SetAttribute("id", "23");
            doc.AppendChild(foo);
0
Raghupathi
11/16/2009 10:48:08 AM
Hi Raghupathi,

Raghupathi K wrote:
>             XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
>             XmlElement foo = doc.CreateElement("foo");
>             foo.SetAttribute("id", "23");
>             doc.AppendChild(foo);

Terrific. This fixes my problem.
Anyway, my first question still remains: why? ;-)

Ciao,
Giulio - Italy
Giulio
11/16/2009 11:39:15 AM
Giulio Petrucci wrote:

> Anyway, my first question still remains: why? ;-)

Well the two argument overload of CreateAttribute
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dtyc931d.aspx
takes a qualified name and a namespace URI as its two arguments.

You seemed to expect you could pass in an attribute name and an
attribute value but that is not what CreateAttribute is meant for.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Dynamic Xml editor
Hi, I am writing a user control that will help a user that know (almost) nothing about Xml to build a Xml file based on a Xsd schema that is given to the user control. The idea is to have a treeview on the left and a property grid on the right. The treeview is loaded with the root elements from the schema. When the user right click on a node, a context menu allow him to add subnodes if schema allow it. This way, the user can create items, attributes, ... The property grid is filled by the user with data. At the end, the Xml file is generated and validated. My problem is about the design....

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Offline folder problems #2

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

Problem with Database Wizard

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

TABSTOP problem
I have a dialog where in depending on the selection from a combo box, the controls below are going to be different. For doing this I have put a static control in the place where I am going to show different controls. I have created different dialog templates for each option. Consider the case of particular option, say "MySQL". Corresponding to this option, there is a dialog in resource, the style of which is child and no border. I have added a class for this dialog called CMySQLDialog. Inside CMySQLDialog there is a function called CreateFromStatic which takes parent and ID as parame...

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...

Boot Ini Problem
Hi, I am getting the following error message: Invalid Boot Ini Booting from C:/Windows So I research this problem and create a new Boot Ini file and when I reboot I still get this error. I have not attempted yet to do a repair using my XP media, is this what I need to do to fix this problem? Or is there a less painful way to fix this? Thank you. Maybe this will help. You will be interested mainly in the Bootcfg command. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058 "AIANDAS" <AIANDAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E04022F-4DC2-...