Passing events form dll to c#

Hi,

My C# program calls, trough some sort of wrapper, DLL functions of a text to
speech engine. This (dll)wrapper also provides information about the state of
the engine (start event, word event, stop event).
Is it possible to route these events directly to my program, so I do not
have to poll them frequently? The wrapper code can be modified without any
problem

Thanks in advance.
--
Maarten

Hi,

I think you have to manually convert the dll classes to your site's
app_code directory, from where you can access them and modify them..

Hope this helps..

Regards,
Mansi Shah

Mansi
11/16/2009 8:16:17 AM
Maarten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My C# program calls, trough some sort of wrapper, DLL functions of a text to
> speech engine.

I assume the TTS DLL is unmanaged code?

> This (dll)wrapper also provides information about the state of
> the engine (start event, word event, stop event).

What, exactly, is the TTS DLL's API for the "start event, word event,
stop event"?

> Is it possible to route these events directly to my program, so I do not
> have to poll them frequently? The wrapper code can be modified without any
> problem

If the "events" as known by your DLL do in fact have some kind of
interrupt- or signal-style data flow, then sure...you can present those
to your managed code as a C# event.

For more specific information, you need to ask a more specific question.
  Include specific details about the API of the TTS DLL that you're
wrapping, for example.

Pete
0
Peter
11/16/2009 8:27:04 AM
You can pass a function delegate from your c# code to your DLL.  Then the
DLL can call the delegate as if it were a normal function pointer.  This
lets the DLL callback to the C# portion.

--
Matt Houser
http://www.insidercoding.com

"Maarten" <Maarten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My C# program calls, trough some sort of wrapper, DLL functions of a text
> speech engine. This (dll)wrapper also provides information about the state
> of
> the engine (start event, word event, stop event).
> Is it possible to route these events directly to my program, so I do not
> have to poll them frequently? The wrapper code can be modified without any
> problem
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Maarten

0
Matt
11/16/2009 8:32:48 AM
Maarten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My C# program calls, trough some sort of wrapper, DLL functions of a text to
> speech engine.  [...]

Oh, and one other things: I suppose there's probably some reason you
specifically want to use this particular TTS DLL.  But just in case you
weren't aware, .NET has TTS support, via the System.Speech.Synthesis
namespace classes.

So, if you wind up having too much difficulty connecting this unmanaged
DLL to your .NET code, you might try using the .NET API instead.

Pete
0
Peter

Can DPM be configured to log events to a remote syslog server?
I see that I can use Microsoft's MOM to publish alerts, but is there a way to send them to a syslog server? Thanks, Phillip Datagram's SyslogAgent can be used to forward Windows system events to a Syslog server. And it's free. http://syslogserver.com/syslogagent.html Daniel "Phillip Wendell" wrote: > I see that I can use Microsoft's MOM to publish alerts, but is there a > way to send them to a syslog server? Thanks, > > Phillip > . > Looks like a good solution. Thanks... ...

how to hide standardnavigation in form
Hi, How can I hide the standard recordnavigation in the bottom of a form? Susan Open the form in design view. Right-click the small square in the upper left corner of the form and select Properties. On the Format tab find "Navigation Buttons". Change that option to "No". "susan" wrote: > Hi, > > How can I hide the standard recordnavigation in the bottom of a form? > > Susan > > > On Feb 27, 7:43=A0am, "susan" <duff...@hetnet.nl> wrote: > Hi, > > How can I hide the standard recordnavigation in the bo...

Calculated Field in form to table
Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? ...

cmbo box on subform fills fields on form when chkbx is yes
I have a multi-tabbed form that details bid data ranging from pricing to contact info to departmental notes. Page two has a subform listing general contractors to whom we bid. One bid may have 10-15 contractors listed. When a purchase order is issued from one of these contractors I select a checkbox indicating that GC. I would like the opening page on this tabbed form to show the address and contact info for that GC when the checkbox is yes. Is this possible? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200803/1 On Mar 17, 3:04=A0p...

Weird problem with resources between Main Application and DLL
I have a main MDI application and a DLL used by this MDI application (MFC extension DLL). The problem is, that, when the resource ID associated to an icon, or a BMP or anything in the DLL matches an ID in the MainAPP, the resource showed by the application is the resource in the Main APP!!! The problem is that the MainAPP and the DLL are being developed separately, so the people that works in one CAN NOT know the resource ID's being used by the other part. So, there's a way to assure that when I read a resource from the DLL, I won't get the resource with the same ID from the Main...

Visual Basic forms
Please Help, There must be a million references to what I'm asking but I can't seem to find it. All I'd like to do is create a form in Visual Basics which contains a combo box, aka a dropdown list, but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out how to tie in the data into the combo box which would of course display the list. Can someone please help. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Is there a way to call the information from a current list on a worksheet? If so how? But it needs to be in VBA. Set the Combo's RowSource property to the address of the wo...

modeless message window in a regular dll?
Hello community, I have written a regular dll that should just show a status window. The problem is that I have no control over the application calling the dll. The application should not be aware of the status window. The window should just be modeless (it shouldn't block *any* application GUI) and it should show a status message. If possible, it should have a Close button. The dll uses a worker thread for requests from the application and it uses a UI thread for socket operations. Note that I use MFC in the dll (which could make it more comfortable to create the window - or - on the ot...

Money 2002 transaction status flags ("E", "C", "R") have all disappeared
Hi, After many months of using Money 2002, yesterday I suddenly noticed that the column in my resgister that shows the cleared status of each transaction is empty. Not a single transaction is marked "C", "E" or "R" -- even the ones that have been reconciled for years, I _can_ change the status of transactions in the normal way (clicking in the "C" column or using CTRL-M), but again, nothing shows in the display. It seems like a bug in the display of the data rather than actual corruption of the data, since I can toggle the flag "invisibly" ...

ok , i'm making name tags for an event....have to change the name
here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i have to change the name on each crad.....and i am lost as how to do that.....and then they all print out with the different names...Thank you... Fran You will have to build a data base and use mail merge. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Fran Buettner" <Fran Buettner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B872C0E-4FDA-4899-80DA-95609AA63623@microsoft.com... > here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i h...

table and form not calculated in synch
Help says to open a piviot table but I am having trouble making my columns add up to total for each indivudual ID. The totals are being calculated only in th e form view which does not up date the original table and does not transfer to a report. How can I get a feild to calculate specific feilds so that I can run these reports? ...

Calendar events and tasks are not showing in Outlook:Today.
My Calendar events or tasks are not showing in the Outlook:Today screen. It is blank. ...

WM_COPY message not being passed to controls deriving from CEdit within an ActiveX control
Hi, As stated in the subject, I have some custom edit controls classes in an ActiveX control. I can enter text and interact with the edit controls without any problems except in the case when I try to Copy/Paste/Cut/Clear through the key shortcuts Ctrl-C/V/X/B. Nothing happens when I press those key shortcuts, because the control itself never receives a WM_COPY/WM_PASTE/WM_CUT/WM_CLEAR message. Does anyone have any idea why these windows messages would be filtered out or simply not sent by the parent? Is there a more elegant solution that to override the OnKeyDown handler of the parent wind...

ActiveCell.Offset for event macro
I need to move from the active cell in any row to the cell in column 6 of the same row. I know how to use ActiveCell.Offset to move a fixed number of rows and columns. But I can't figure out how to handle a relative row and absolute column situtation. What I need is... ActiveCell.Offset(0,"however many cells there are between the column I'm in and column 6) Do I need to create a variable to calculate the number of cells, or is there a simpler way? Thank you! ActiveCell.Offset(0,6 - ActiveCell.Column) ActiveCell.Offset(0,6 - ActiveCell.Column) activesheet.cell...

color coding events
I would like to color code events on my daily calendar and wonder if there is a way to change the color of text on individual events On 3/7/2010 6:27 AM, jcurtis wrote: > I would like to color code events on my daily calendar and wonder if > there is a way to change the color of text on individual events Which version of Outlook? Outlook 2007 introduced colored categories and I use them daily for color-coding events. Prior to Outlook 2007, colored labels were your option: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP030848441033.aspx Additional information: htt...

[more of a 'c' question really] Converting doubles to strings without getting scientific notation
Hello hello.. I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets small the string appears in scientific notation ie 0.02 become 2e-02 Is there another conversion routine I can use to prevent this? I have a not terribly scientific customer who would prefer a straight forward decimal display. Thanks "Zardoz" <thing@thing.thing> wrote in message news:122lvvkvicks85nka58iugok64ba0plpem@4ax.com... > Hello hello.. > > > I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets > small the string appears in scientific notation ...

Passing 2-D array as function parameter.
If I pass a 2-D array ar[4][6] like this: foo(int ar[][6]...); What has been passed? Is it a pointer of whole array? Thanks. if you want to point to whole array you must call foo(ar) and in prototype or definition write foo (int ar[] [6]) and if you want to accsess only one row you must write foo(ar[4]) at calling the function "Frank E Rogers" <syang@pelco.com> wrote in message news:#u9vtA0UEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > If I pass a 2-D array ar[4][6] like this: > foo(int ar[][6]...); > What has been passed? Is it a pointer of whole array? > Thanks. > &...

Strange problems
All, A standalone Exchange 2003 SP2 server acted up the other day and needed to be restated. After the first reboot it only stayed stable for about 10 minutes. After the second, it's been running but generating the errors listed below. I ran the "Performance Troubleshooting Analyzer" and "Troubleshooting Assistant" tools from Microsoft's websites but didn't get anything that was too useful. Any suggestions? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 3/28/2007 Time: 8:44:43 AM User: N/A C...

DLL
Hello all: I've created a DLL that is loaded at run time by another DLL which is loaded at run time by an application. My DLL has a .def file and two files called External.cpp and External.h that exposes methods of my worker class which is in DataBaseManager.cpp and DataBaseManager.h. In any event, I noticed that one particular method is prone to cause an exception. I started looking around, and perhaps this isn't necesarry, but this function as well as 2 other that appear to work were left out of External.h so I added them. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the prob...

atipical UDT structures VC6 passed from VBA
Hi folks, maybe someone can help me on this item. I'm trying to pass a more complex structure from VBA to VC6 that should look like this: VBA part: Type C_str vv() as Double yy() as Double t as double End Type Type B_str zz() as Long cc() as C_Str End Type Type A_str a as Long b as B_str End Type VC part: struct C_str{ SAFEARRAY* psaVV; SAFEARRAY* psaYY; double t; }; struct B_str{ SAFEARRAY* psaVal; C_Str* c; // ??? ==>this should be a vector of C_str }; struct A_str{ int a; B_str* b; }; Questions: 1. How can I define in structure B that c is a...

EVENT DISPLAY
Outlook 2007 In the week view of calendar the ALL DAY EVENTS are displayed at the top of the column. If you indicate a specific time for an event you need to scroll down to see it. Is there a way to display specific time events at the top of the column? foodman;124214 Wrote: > Outlook 2007 > > In the week view of calendar the ALL DAY EVENTS are displayed at the > top of > the column. If you indicate a specific time for an event you need to > scroll > down to see it. Is there a way to display specific time events at the > top of > the column...

MC++ & C# generate different XML
Hi, I've been trying a long time now to generate some XML using MC++ and XmlSerializer. I have a piece of C# code that produces exactly what I want, but I simply can't get the MC++ code to write the same thing. Below I have included two minimal compilable samples that illustrate my problem. The C# code produces this XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <LandXML xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Units name="unit1" /> <Units name="un...

post to web forms from within a program
Does anybody know of a way to post data collected from within my vc++ app to a web from on my web site? It's just a basic html form that saves the data to a csv file. I've been looking all over the web for articles on this and haven't found anything. I may just not be looking in the right place. thanks in advance, ed You can WinInet to achieve it. MFC provides some relevant classes like CHTTPFile (CInternetFile based) classes. Another alternative might be to use IE/IWebBrowser2 object model to post the data. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ed"...

how to make a MDIFrameWnd in mfc extend dll.
Hello, I'm trying to use a MDIFrameWnd in mfc extend dll. I know how to make a SDIFrameWnd in DLL. But I don't know how to make a MDIFrameWnd with dynamic creation. Are there any one teach me or give a sample source. Thanks There is no difference between the two as far as placing the class in a MFC Extension DLL is concerned. What specific problem are you running into? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Chul Hyun Park" <javagoo@infinitt.com> wrote in message news:bjkigk$eld$1@news1.kornet.net... > Hello, > > I'm trying to use a MDIFrame...

SMTP/IMF error in the Event Log
"An error occurred while loading Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Message Filter. The error code is 0x80070570. " There is no additional info at the info link. Any ideas? Thanks! :) Did you uninstall IMFv1 before installing SP2? Are you using the MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml file to do keyword filtering? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote in message news:O5P3rrfIGHA.1876@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > "An error occurred while loading Microsof...

How do I pass series data x-value range to a chart from a cell?
I have a series on a line chart (x-values "=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10"). I also have two worksheet cells (B1 & B2) that contain the start and end date for the x-axis of the chart. I want to be able to link the chart series data to the start and end date values so that the chart automatically adjusts when I change the dates in the worksheet cells. I can create a string or address for the x-values but how do I do not know how to pass this to the chart series?? I know I can do this using a macro, but I want to do it without macros so that friends who use MicrosoftCharts (the cheap, n...