MS Office interfacing ...

What are the files required to read/write office documents from within my
..Net application? I don't have MS-Office in my computer and not allowed to
install it too! and can't use any third party tool also!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Regards
Raj

Raj wrote:
> What are the files required to read/write office documents from within my
> ..Net application? I don't have MS-Office in my computer and not allowed to
> install it too! and can't use any third party tool also!!
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

Well, let's see.  You can't use Office, which is the only truly reliable
way to access office documents.  You can't use third-party tools, which
wouldn't be reliable anyway but at least you wouldn't have to implement
the file parsing yourself.  And there's for sure nothing built into .NET
that understands Office files generally.

Sounds like you are out of luck.  You will have to write it yourself.

Pete
0
Peter
7/1/2010 4:50:22 PM
Am 01.07.2010 15:08, schrieb Raj:
> What are the files required to read/write office documents from within my
> .Net application? I don't have MS-Office in my computer and not allowed to
> install it too! and can't use any third party tool also!!

For manipulating .docx Office files (supported since Office 2007), look
into OpenXML SDK 2.0:

http://openxmldeveloper.org

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C6E744E5-36E9-45F5-8D8C-331DF206E0D0&displaylang=en
0
Felix
7/2/2010 4:18:28 AM
Is it possible with the help of Office Developer Tools with VS2K8 + Office
runtime

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

Regards
Raj

"Peter Duniho" wrote:

> Raj wrote:
> > What are the files required to read/write office documents from within my
> > ..Net application? I don't have MS-Office in my computer and not allowed to
> > install it too! and can't use any third party tool also!!
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Well, let's see.  You can't use Office, which is the only truly reliable
> way to access office documents.  You can't use third-party tools, which
> wouldn't be reliable anyway but at least you wouldn't have to implement
> the file parsing yourself.  And there's for sure nothing built into .NET
> that understands Office files generally.
>
> Sounds like you are out of luck.  You will have to write it yourself.
>
> Pete
> .

Really amazing! but we have only .doc documents and not .docx!

It seems the interop assembly being shipped with our asp.net application
requires lot of things to be done at the server side such as setting
security, moving it to DCOM etc.,

We got the following error message:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Retrieving the COM class factory for
component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the
following error: 80070005

We have limited access to our production server

Any help would be really appreciated

Thank you

Regards
Raj

Am 02.07.2010 07:50, schrieb Raj:

> Really amazing! but we have only .doc documents and not .docx!
>
> It seems the interop assembly being shipped with our asp.net application
> requires lot of things to be done at the server side such as setting
> security, moving it to DCOM etc.,

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B257757&x=15&y=15

"Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support,
Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended,
non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET,
DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior
and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment."

0
Felix
7/2/2010 6:05:42 AM
That was really excellent!

Pretty thanks

Regards
Raj

"Felix Deutsch" wrote:

> Am 02.07.2010 07:50, schrieb Raj:
>
> > Really amazing! but we have only .doc documents and not .docx!
> >
> > It seems the interop assembly being shipped with our asp.net application
> > requires lot of things to be done at the server side such as setting
> > security, moving it to DCOM etc.,
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B257757&x=15&y=15
>
> "Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support,
> Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended,
> non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET,
> DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior
> and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment."
>

> .

Out of office message #3
When I go on vacation or will be away form my computer for a long period of time is there a way I can send a message out automatically to all received e-mails saying something like I am out of the office and will return on such and such a date? Or be able to type whatever message I like. Thanks, Frank Frank Lewandowski wrote: > When I go on vacation or will be away form my computer for > a long period of time is there a way I can send a message > out automatically to all received e-mails saying something > like I am out of the office and will return on such and > such a d...

College research project
Hi All! I'm conducting a survey for my college research project and need responses. It's for MS office users and I need as much of a response as possible. Under the name question, just put your first name and your last initial. I just need it as a separate identifier. if you have a handle that you use in the newsgroup, feel free to use that, too. There is no personal information asked for. Here's the link: http://www.summitcadd.com/ms_word_survey.htm Thanks, John From: "John" <jprovetto@earthlink.net> | Hi All! | | I'm conducting a survey for my co...

Exchange 2000 and DNS in MS Adv Serv 2000
Hi everyone, I have a couple of problems on my Win 2k Server where Exchange 2000 is installed. I configured the computer as its own PDC and have DNS configured. The following ipconfig information for the machine is as follows: ip address -- 192.168.200.4 ip gateway -- 192.168.200.1 ip dns -- 192.168.200.4 When I go to send an email from a client machine with Outlook Express, I can connect to the SMTP service. But the email never gets to its destination. When I do a nslookup at the cmd line on the server, I get a "time out" message for dns server...

Why don't MS just sell the rights to Money??
Instead of discontinuing Money, why do MS not just put it up for sale? Surely a smaller software company could find a way to make it profitable? For example, I doubt that I am alone in being willing to pay an annual subscription just to get stock updates into one centralised portfolio. RichT wrote: > Instead of discontinuing Money, why do MS not just put it up for sale? > > Surely a smaller software company could find a way to make it profitable? > For example, I doubt that I am alone in being willing to pay an annual > subscription just to get stock updates into one c...

Remove Office 2004
How does one remove Office 2004? I am wanting to start fresh with a new install. -Dave > How does one remove Office 2004? There is an uninstall at Microsoft Office 2004 : Additional Tools : Remove Office ...

getting my office 2001 clipart back into office 2004 gallery and working
In an archived message it says Office 2001 clipart can be copied to the folder with Office 2004 clipart. I upgraded my Office, but let it remov Office 2001 as it installed 2004. I didn't know it wasn't importing the old clipart, or that 2004 would have so little. I copied the clipart from the 2001 CD to the 2004 clipart folder, and tried importing the clipart "packages". Clipart gallery will show the preview, but if I try to insert an image it gives an error that "file can not be found without user interaction" then it opens a dialog box at the desktop. Is this f...

Microsoft office help
I want to be able to switch from working offline to online in my microsoft office outlook. Can you help. Hello, >I want to be able to switch from working offline to >online in my microsoft office outlook. Can you help. You can use menu File/Work Offline. Best regards, Denis Sergueev. Maximus Ltd. mailto:doctor@timemeter.com http://www.timemeter.com (Time and expense tracking for Microsoft Outlook) ...

Problem after installing Office SP3 on Office XP
After installing SP3 - which installs with no errors I have all sorts of problems with office. When I try to start Excel I get a message "unable to read file". If a try to open an existing excel document I get the same error and the documment will not open. In Word I get an error saying cannot open template,and when I try to close it down it says "the file Normal already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file. Does anybody have any ideas ?? Nick Sounds like your file associations could be bad. Try re-registering these Applications. For Excel......... First ...

Office 2007 pro installation
My newly installed Office 2007 Pro Plus seems to work fine after loading from one CD. So what is the second CD for, please? BCM - Outlook Business Contact Manager If you dont use it, dont install it "ernestbeevers" <ernestbeevers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F451A64D-4A64-4F84-B3C9-D3B094D740C2@microsoft.com... > My newly installed Office 2007 Pro Plus seems to work fine after loading > from > one CD. So what is the second CD for, please? ...

Updating data in MS CRM from other places
Hi all We use relationships extensively but find that when using Advanced Find we can't define the joins necessary to create the set of Contacts required for a marketing list. (I think it would be good if I could save an Advanced Find, and then be able to use that within another Advanced Find - like a sub-query - but that's another matter). Anyway, as a quick solution, I have used queries in MS Access to identify the list of Contacts required. I have customised, adding a new field to the Contact table, and want to be able to set this field from in MS Access on those Contact ro...

Free Office 2008 upgrade
I recently bought Office 2004 Student and teacher edition, can anyone tell me if the free upgrade to 2008 is just that, an upgrade or is it a full installation. I have not installed 2004 yet and was wondering whether to wait until the new disc arrived. -- Phil http://www.philwalters.co.uk As I understand it the upgrade package is a "full installation" because the software is completely different. However, since it is an *upgrade* it will insist that a prior version be identified before allowing the 2008 package to operate. It isn't necessary that you install 2004 - just hav...

MS Project 2000
I am facing difficulty in creating a filter of my project activities based on a specific "completion date only". Standard filters/sorts create a mix of all activities. I do NOT want to include activities that were 'Started/completed', BUT ONLY all that were completed by a specific date regardless of when they were started. Can someone 'guide/share solution for' me on this problem? Thanks very much for an immediate solution. ...

Set Out of Office (or a rule) to only function on weekends
Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a rule or out of office assistant to run for specific date ranges. How do I set up either a rule or the out of office assistant to 'push' mail to me only on weekends? HCA.CWT.RN wrote on Fri, 02 April 2010 09:04 > Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets > forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a > rule or out of office assistant to run for spec...

11.3.3 Office Update
I get this error message - "the installer could not locate the correct version of the software to install this update. See the read me file included with this installer to determine if your software meets the requirements for this update" To my eye I meet all the system reqs - 10.4.8 / Office v.X. Have restarted to no avail. What gives? Thanks, Steve Office v.X? The 11.3.3 update is for Office 2004 only; you'll need to get the 10.1.9 update instead. On 31/1/07 3:40, in article 1170211227.299934.52380@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com, "sstepanek2@comcast.net" <...

Installing MS Access 2007 on SBS 2003
I have a client with SBS 2003 R2 who has a LOB app utilising an Access database via ASP web pages hosted through IIS, and accessed from client workstations on-domain. There is no need for MS Access on the server for the LOB app to function, but the developer (who happens to be the CEO's wife) wants to install Access 2007 on the SBS to make her maintenance of the database easier and more efficient, so she doesn't have to remotely download the database, make changes, and re-upload it each time. While I can see there would be some efficiency gains for the dev that this would de...

Check this critical package from MS Corporation
--agpafgvhqjjtxff Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vwmwczpk"; type="multipart/alternative" --vwmwczpk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lbsdlwapwmuel" --lbsdlwapwmuel Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help...

MS Money Small Business 2004 #2
I am trying to find out how I can have time items show the date the the time occured in the invoice? When I print them, it just shows the item, the description and the amount, just like I was doing a standard invoice item. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks, Steve "Steve Grosz" <boise_bound@hotmail.com> wrote on 10 Sep 2007 in group microsoft.public.money: > I am trying to find out how I can have time items show the date the > the time occured in the invoice? When I print them, it just shows > the item, the description and the amount, just like I was doin...

Decreasing Row Height MS Project 2003
Hi, This is very very lame, but I think I have done something to "block" row heights in MS Project. I want to decrease them, but I simply can't! I can increase them though... Please help!! Thanks Hi, Through Bar or Bar Styles, did you add text above or below a bar? That wil force teh row height to no less that 2. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "Diogo" <Diogo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Microsoft word is GONE from my office folder under programs
I use Vista - the only way I can access word is to find and old word doc and launch it and then close it - where did the "program" start up go and how do I get it back????? -- Thanks for any help! Ether repair Office, which should replace the shortcuts, or create a new shortcut to winword.exe in the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 where 12 is the Word version - here 2007. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmay...

Do MFC ActiveX Controls have dual interfaces?
Do MFC ActiveX Controls have dual interfaces? Kurt ...

how do I insert tally marks in an office document?
I am trying to insert a tally chart in an office document.Any suggestion. Are you trying to create a fill-in form? Or simply a manual check-off? If it is the former: Create a Fill-in Form in Word http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=253 Lots of images here for tally charts, it might give you an idea on how to proceed http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=tally+charts&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=_kYUSpHSF5iu8QTn7uiQBA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "STARR" <STARR@discussions.microsoft.co...

Task durations- Office Project Standard 2007
How do I "unlock" a duration? The up and down arrows are locked. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002D_01CAC87B.3DA979D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Ott, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) I guess you're looking at a Summary task - it will have a bold font. = The Duration of a summary is the working Duration between the start of = the first task to the finish of the last task that it is summarising. It = is calculated by Project and thu...

Reinstalling Office 2008
Both my wife and I are university profs and we purchased an Microsoft Office Standard 2008 Faculty License with the idea that my laptop, which is my desktop that I sometimes bring home but don't access mail often, would count as one computer for the license and her's would work as the other (it stays home). That of course didn't work as soon as I brought mine home as reminders is running at all times. No problem I thought and I bought another license to install. However, on removing the old version and installing the new one from the disk it skips the input the new office key step ...

MS Office '04 swells my fontTablesAnnex
So this is bothering me enough to tell y'all. (This happens with 10.3.5 and 10.3.6) I have the entire Adobe Font Folio OTF Edition in my ~/Library/Fonts/. After months of working perfect with Adobe CS and MS Office X, my fontTablesAnnex file was around 6MB. All was well. The first time I launch any MS Office 2004 app the fontTableAnnex file skyrockets north of 200MB. Now I realize that Office needs to build it's own cache, but why can't it leave the system cache alone? Is it possible to change this behavior? Considering reverting to Office X Bill In article <1113350349.81619...

Re-using MS CRM vanila fields
We thought to reuse some of the fields out of the box provided by MS CRM. For example on Account: shippingmethodcode, address2_freighttermscode, AddressName and ftpsiteurl. We hope to get the best MS CRM approach for reuse of fields. I know in other CRM packages this practice is well accepted unless the fields used by system. What would MS CRM approach? Thank you, Anatoly There is nothing wrong with using fields like these if you are not using them for anything else and also they are not system required type fields. I always recommend that in addition to your production Microsoft CRM sys...