MenuStrip Merge

I am seeking the manner in which you merge menus between MDI forms and Child
Forms.

Given the Main Menu (MDI Form)

File
--New Project
--Open Project
--_
--Create Item
--_
--Exit

And given the Child Menu
File
--Save Item
--Close Item

I want the child menu to merge into the main menu.

Here's what I've don so far

Main Menu:

File (MergeAction = Append, MergeIndex = 100)
--New Project (MergeAction = Insert, MergeIndex = 102)
--Open Project (MergeAction = Insert, MergeIndex = 103)
--_ (MergeAction = Insert, MergeIndex = 110)
--Create Item (MergeAction = Insert, MergeIndex = 111)
--_ (MergeAction = Insert, MergeIndex = 130)
--Exit (MergeAction = Insert, MergeIndex = 131)

Child Menu:

File (MergeAction = MatchOnly, MergeIndex = -1)
--Save Item (MergeAction = Insert, MergeIndex = 112)
--Close Item (MergeAction = Insert, MergeIndex = 113)

My results are:

menuStrip1.Visible =false;

File
--New Project
--Open Project
--_
--Save Item
--Create Item
--_
--Exit
--Close Item

I've tried appending as well, I don't think I understand how to merge
menustrips very effectively.  A search on google showed me enough to get
what I have in place, though the walkthroughs all seemed to be missing some
information. Would someone care to shed some light on this for me?

I am coding in C# 2008 using a Windows Form project.

Thanks in advance

0
amdrit

Can I merge old e-mail with new?
I have changed ISP from Roadrunner.com to Windstream.net. I would like to keep my Roadrunner E-mail due to the personal folders that exist. Is there a way to transfer or merge the old account with the Windstream e-mail? Just use the same PST file for your Windstream account that you used for your RoadRunner account. If you've already created a new PST file you can copy the messages from the RoadRunner PST to Windstream's PST. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The L...

Merging Opoortunities?
Is this a standard feature of 4.0 - or can you only merge leads and companies? On Jul 6, 9:27=A0pm, Kieran <Kie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is this a standard feature of 4.0 - or can you only merge leads and compa= nies? Leads, companies and contacts, but not opportunities. Leon Tribe Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ ...

Merge two tables
Recently the table has been delete some records by mistakes. Now, I have a backup of about one-week old table and the latest table with some deleted records. I would like to merge these two tables by importing the latest update records and new records to the old table. Can someone give me some guidance how to accompany this task. Thanks, Scott ...

Mail Merge 03-14-10
i have tried and tried to send mail using excel 2007 and 2003. i got through each step with mail merge hit send looks like it is sending but nothing goes out. few notes that might be important. i was using incredimail. windows mail is my default mail. i have never used outlook on this computer as it runs vista and windows mail is my only option. i can send and receive mail from windows mail without any troubles at all. mail merge just wont send messages any help would be welcomed. i have also uninstalled incredimail but still same troubles sending in mail meger You will n...

Date format in Publisher Mail Merge
I am using the mail merge to complete training certificates. The merge data is in Excel. How do I change the date format from short (08/04/08) to long (August 4, 2008)? Isn't that an Excel function? You will have to change the field in Excel. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Still learning@work" <Stilllearningwork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1AE5399-E694-4215-BD7C-BED4D99E441A@microsoft.com... >I am using the mail merge to complete training certificates. The merge data > is in Excel. How do I change the date format from short (08...

Mail Merge Security
When I use Word and Outlook to send form letters to the e- mail address, I have to click YES to authorize each letter being sent - even if it is 800 letters. This must be a new setting with XP since it did not work this way in 2000. Any recommendations on how to get around it? If you install the April 25, 2002, Word 2002 update, and send the messages in HTML format, you should not get the security prompt anymore. (It was actually introduced in Outlook 2000 SP2.) See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/startletter.htm#ol2kmerge for more information (look in the Outlook 2002 section). -- J...

Re: RBG TO CMYK when using merged data?
Hmmmmm I did not realise that did not function when you enabled the CMYK - bit of a disaster, I must say. To make matters worse - which is really Really REALLY *REALLY* bad, it is the same in Publisher 2003 ARGH SCREAM!!! *HOPEFULLY* MS will fix this is a service release. I cannot say anybody has raised this before. I have certainly not seen it mentioned. With the new Catalogue Merge in Publisher 2003 it is imperative it gets fixed. -- ...

Merge cells #2
I am trying to merge 5 cells on a newly inserted row, but the Merge cells checkbox is checked and greyed out. Protection is off and the cells are unlocked. Any ideas? NOYB This is probably because a portion of your selection is already merged. You should be able to click on the check box to merge the entire selection Good Luck Mark Graesse mark_graesser@yahoo.co Boston M ----- NOYB wrote: ---- I am trying to merge 5 cells on a newly inserted row, but the Merge cell checkbox is checked and greyed out. Protection is off and the cells ar unlocked Any ...

Multiple Catalogue Merges: Same Publication
I'd like to several sections of the same publication to be data-driven. Catalog Merge seems to be a good initial option but it's limited (1 catalogue merge per publication). Has anyone overcome this limit, programmatically or otherwise? A macro could likely pully in the data from multiple sources, but no, the merge features allows formatting to be applied to the merge area & fields. I don't see how a macro could replicate that. SeanRW Version: Publisher 2007 Have you look at the articles concerning the Catalogue merge? Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.m...

Merging Duplicate Customers in HQ environment
KB Article 889805 only applies to Store Ops. The duplicate record I found is in both SO and HQ databases. Will this procedure work? 1. Merge records per KB 889805 2. Delete unwanted SO record using SO Admin 3. 401 4. Delete unwanted HQ record using HQ Admin Thanks, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. ...

How can I print a report or mail merge with a picture?
I have a custom entity which includes a text attribute. This attribure is a location to a jpg file. This attribute is used with an iFrame to determine the 'scr' property and therefore get/set the URL. The user needs a report (or a Word Mail Merge document?) that looks like this : ****** pic here Picture 1 Description ****** ****** pic here Picture 2 Description ****** I can't work out a way to do this. Any ideas?? Thanks I have thought of one way; Exporting to Excel then using this as a data source for MS Publisher. However, how do I refresh the datasource after...

Campaign Mail Merge error
Hello, A campaign activity I created has the status System Aborted even through it sent the emails out OK - this means that my No. Targeted = 0 so my measuring of the campaign is all wrong. Is there any way to manually change this status? Can I change the No. Targeted for a campaign / campaign activity somehow? What I did: Created a campaign activitiy - chose Email via mail merge I have the Outlook client so when I distributed this activity Word fired up Once Word loaded the Campaign activity freed up I did the mailmerge in Word - it seemed to run OK, sending out the emails fine Looking...

Merging Pivot Tables
I have two pivot tables based on the same list. I want to combine the results. For example: I have four columns of data in my list, Col A, Col, B, Col, C, Col D. Col A, Col B, and Col C are all unique rows and I want to show them. The first pivot accomplishes this easily. However Col D has a value that is the same for all unique combinations of Col A, Col B, and Col C. When I add the last column Col D it ends up repeating many times for each unique combo of the above three columns, and I don't want that. So I made a second pivot and just filtered out for one unique occurenece of the th...

Email Merges via Quick Campaign
Hi: How can I send messages using a different email address when using the Quick Campaign Feature? I have experimented several times, but can't find a solution with using another AD account when sending bulk emails. Please help. Thanks. ...

Merging Reg Files
We're setting up an Access 2007 application that requires a ODBC connection as well as having a specific folder added to the Trust Center. I want to export the specific registry entries to a single .reg file and then merge them in. 1) The entries are in two different locations in the registry. Once I've exported them using the EXPORT, is it just a matter of copying and pasting the contents of the two files together? I'd like a single reg file to make it easier to setup. 2) When reg files are merged in, if any entries already exist with the same values, are they ignored...

Merging multiple addresses into single page containing 4 postcards
I'm using Publisher to create a post card mail merge document with pages set up as 4 - 5.5x4.25 cards in a 1/4 page letter format. When I enter the merge command Address Block in the Publisher "2 page spread" view and do a mail merge from my large excel address list, I get one full page of 4 post cards all going to the same address. How do I specify the merge commands so that each post card on a sheet of four receives a different address? Thank you for your help. -John Are you actually printing the cards or are you relying on the print preview? Print preview shows all ...

can archive folders be merged in Outlook 07?
I have 3 separate top line folders that I would like to consolidate. is this possible? They are all under 200mb. Sure, simply drag and drop the items/folders from their current location to the place where you want them to end up. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0566E2CA-8D1F-4FB2-8CDA-325548064C53@...

problem importing data from Excel using Publisher Mail Merge
I am using Publisher Version 2002 and also Excel Version 2002. I have created a mailing list in Excel format consisting of 203 entries. However, when I attempt to access the mailing list using Mail Merge Feature of Publisher, after choosing the data source and seeing the listed names in the chart, while in Publisher, only 163 of the 203 names are shown. And, after doing the merge, only 163 name labels are printed. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing incorrectly? best, Aaron Not sure if it has to do with batch size or not. Read the article here, it might be what you are looking for...

merge columns
Greetings. I have data in Column B (same text in each field) that I want to add to all of the fields in Column A (different text in each field) I have tried merge & center and tried to work out how to do a CONCATENATE but am totally stuck. Is there any way to add the sentence in Col B to the end of the text in Col A without cutting and pasting on every line?? Tell me there is an easy way to do this!! If its a formula I need to use - where on earth do you write it?? Many thanks in advance =A1&B1 (as a formula in cell C1, for example) will do your concatenation (or =A1&&quo...

How do you merge two multiple page publisher documents
I have a monthly newsletter that is created in two parts - the first half is the "news" and the second half is compiled of event notices and fliers. I need to be able to join the two multi-page documents, both in Publisher, into one complete document. How do I do this? There are a couple of ways here, not for the faint of heart http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm You can copy/paste or open both Publisher files, tile them, drag and drop. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "SanDee" <SanDee@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How to merge two Excel documents so that second add to first as a new worksheet?
Suppose I have 2 Excel documents with essentially the same columns. Let's call them collection1.xls et collection2.xls. Both have only 1 worksheet inside. I want to take the worksheet from Collection2.xls and make it Worksheet 2 of Collection1.xls. I know it can be done with cut and paste but it seems to me that when I try this, worksheet 2 does not seem to duplicate all the styles and formatting of worksheet 1 (i.e. collection2 seems to lose some of its original formatting during the cut and paste transfer to Worksheet 2 with the unwanted result that worksheet one looks di...

merge adjacent cell data #2
thankyou for the help- -- ROL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ROLG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1606 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27521 ...

inserting/merging pages
Trying to find out how I can add (2) 5.5W X 8.5H pages on 1 file with (2) 8.5W X 8.5H pages on a different file? All have the same background. I can not insert new page from page 2 that is 8.5X8.5 because it will be the same size and it does not let me make changes in page setup. Hence the reason I created pages 3 & 4 in a new file. ...

Outlook 2003 removes hyperlinks during mail merge to email
Hi All, I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 SP2, and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our staff, the email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were just plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has been experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002. Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed? Thanks in advance, --Jim Can you provide exact steps to add a hyperlink to a merge document so = that we can try to reproduce the problem on another m...

Vlookup not working to merge workbooks?
HI, I have 8 workbooks, each with one work sheet containing an identical column A then the next three columns in each contain unique data that I want to combine from all 8 based on column A. I'm using the following formula: =VLOOKUP($A1,'A2 AlleleReport.XLS'!$A$1:$D$100,1,TRUE) Although I've opened and linked all the files using connections it doesn't seem to be working? Initially Excel opens up a box for me to browse where the linked file is (once I've put the formula in the first workbook), I click it, but then it refers to $A$1 of my 1st workbook t...