is dotnet framework 4 compatiable with 3.5 app?

I currently uses 3.5 sp1 with vst 2008, no plan to go to 2010 for at least
half a year.

However, someone wanted a dump of the crash visual studio 2008 standard and
I was not able to get the info  they wanted. They suggest if I have dotnet 4
installed I can use another tool to make easier to get the dump they want

Should I install .net 4 or that will give me a lot of trouble?

0
GS

On 15-05-2010 01:39, GS wrote:
> I currently uses 3.5 sp1 with vst 2008, no plan to go to 2010 for at least
> half a year.
>
> However, someone wanted a dump of the crash visual studio 2008 standard and
> I was not able to get the info  they wanted. They suggest if I have dotnet 4
> installed I can use another tool to make easier to get the dump they want
>
> Should I install .net 4 or that will give me a lot of trouble?

3.5 and 4.0 can coexist.

It obviously require a bit of attention to ensure that
stuff that must be build on 3.5 indeed get build on 3.5
and not 4.0

Arne
0
ISO
5/15/2010 1:50:14 PM
thx

so visual studio 2008 would then default to build with 4.0 then?

"Arne Vajh�j" <arne@vajhoej.dk> wrote in message
> On 15-05-2010 01:39, GS wrote:
> > I currently uses 3.5 sp1 with vst 2008, no plan to go to 2010 for at
least
> > half a year.
> >
> > However, someone wanted a dump of the crash visual studio 2008 standard
and
> > I was not able to get the info  they wanted. They suggest if I have
dotnet 4
> > installed I can use another tool to make easier to get the dump they
want

> > Should I install .net 4 or that will give me a lot of trouble?
>
> 3.5 and 4.0 can coexist.
>
> It obviously require a bit of attention to ensure that
> stuff that must be build on 3.5 indeed get build on 3.5
> and not 4.0
>
> Arne

0
GS
5/15/2010 2:46:43 PM
No. Visual Studio 2008 will not build with anything higher than 3.5.

Microsoft has always forced people to upgrade Visual Studio with every major
release of the framework.

Yves

"GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
> thx
>
> so visual studio 2008 would then default to build with 4.0 then?
>
> "Arne Vajh�j" <arne@vajhoej.dk> wrote in message
>> On 15-05-2010 01:39, GS wrote:
>> > I currently uses 3.5 sp1 with vst 2008, no plan to go to 2010 for at
> least
>> > half a year.
>> >
>> > However, someone wanted a dump of the crash visual studio 2008 standard
> and
>> > I was not able to get the info  they wanted. They suggest if I have
> dotnet 4
>> > installed I can use another tool to make easier to get the dump they
> want
>> >
>> > Should I install .net 4 or that will give me a lot of trouble?
>>
>> 3.5 and 4.0 can coexist.
>>
>> It obviously require a bit of attention to ensure that
>> stuff that must be build on 3.5 indeed get build on 3.5
>> and not 4.0
>>
>> Arne

0
Yves
5/15/2010 3:01:15 PM
On 15-05-2010 10:46, GS wrote:
> "Arne Vajh�j"<arne@vajhoej.dk>  wrote in message
>> On 15-05-2010 01:39, GS wrote:
>>> I currently uses 3.5 sp1 with vst 2008, no plan to go to 2010 for at
> least
>>> half a year.
>>>
>>> However, someone wanted a dump of the crash visual studio 2008 standard
> and
>>> I was not able to get the info  they wanted. They suggest if I have
> dotnet 4
>>> installed I can use another tool to make easier to get the dump they
> want
>>>
>>> Should I install .net 4 or that will give me a lot of trouble?
>>
>> 3.5 and 4.0 can coexist.
>>
>> It obviously require a bit of attention to ensure that
>> stuff that must be build on 3.5 indeed get build on 3.5
>> and not 4.0
 > so visual studio 2008 would then default to build with 4.0 then?

No.

But you will have a 4.0 compiler, libraries and runtime on the
system.

And if you install 4.0 with VS 2010 then you will have a VS
that default build with 4.0.

Don't startup VS 2010 if installed, don't do any msbuild or
nant command line builds without checking what version is
being used.

Avoid third party stuff that relies on 4.0, because now
it will run on your development box, but not on the 3.5
systems you test and run production on.

Arne
0
ISO

installer app in vc6
I am using vc++ 6 and I need to create an installer for a project I have done. Does anybody know a webpage with instructions for doing this? have a look at http://www.jrsoftware.org/ it's free, also for comerical use! -- Michael Buechel while (!sleep()) sheeps++; "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7BDC478D-569F-4145-BE08-F4DCC933AC4A@microsoft.com... >I am using vc++ 6 and I need to create an installer for a project I have >done. > > Does anybody know a webpage with instructions for doing this? ...

4.0 Workflow Stuck
Does anyone know why some of my workflows just seem to hang on a status of Waiting for Resources or in Progress. Also, is there anything in 4.0 that is similar to 3.0 WorkFlow Monitor that at least provides some information as to why workflows are not kicking off? Thanks! Navigate to Settings and then System Tasks. All workflows are listed there but you will need to use Advance find to select proper workflows. Within every record you can find details about execution or some basic info about failures. "MDV1457" <MDV1457@discussions.microsoft.com> píše v diskusn...

How long does SharePoint 2003/7 integration with MS D CRM 3 take?
we would like to integrate sharepoint into MS Dynamics CRM 3.0 and use it as the default file management system.I am assigned to make the project plan and I urgently need how long it takes to make it work? regards, rifat Hello Rifat, If you are interested we can help you for the integration. Please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Rifat Yavuz" wrote: > we would like to integrate sharepoint into MS Dynamics CRM 3.0 and use it as > the default file management system.I am assigned to make the project plan and > I urgently need how long it takes to ...

XP home service pack 3 Power management
Power management has ceased to funtion, Screen shuts down, but no hibernation or shut down. I have tried to reset power options in control panel, but get the error message <settings are incompatible> despite my best efforts and many configurations tried. any bright ideas? -- john You might try going to an XP newsgroup... this one is for working with code dealing with Access VBA Programming microsoft.public.windowsxp is the one you're looking for -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that...

Data from 3 different sheets in the same workbook
We have to produce a pie chart on a new sheet which will show the percentage total of 3 different data that are in 3 different sheets but the cell's still the same (B14 in sheet1, B14 in sheet2, B14 in sheet3). I hold the CTRL button but it doesn't work. Is there a way to create this piechart without linking the 3 data in a fourth sheet? We tried in a lot of different ways but they give us errors (one of them is "reference is not valid") Thanks are there any limitations as to why you could not link to 4th sheet? "Marta" wrote: > We have to produce a pie ch...

Outlook 2003 will not close #4
How can I prevent Outlook 2003 from simply minimizing to the tray when I hit the upper right X to close the program? Justin, you wrote on Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:19:13 -0400: > How can I prevent Outlook 2003 from simply minimizing to the tray when I > hit the upper right X to close the program? Do I understand correctly, that Outlook gets minimized when you click on the X? -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.outlookfaq.net "Justin" <Justin@nobecauseihatespam> wrote in message news:u1SPU0VrJHA.5356@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How can I p...

Macro #5
Hi i need to write a macro and have no idea how to do it if some one can show me form scratch Ihave different formalus in different column which calculate commission for agent Eg : if(d1247>300,"$15",if(d1247>100,"$12","$10"))-(j1247+k1247) =IF(D1246>1500,"$25",IF(D1246>1000,"$20",IF(D1246>500,"$15","10")))-(J1246+K1246) this 2 different formula in same column i want to write a macro so i dont have to use two different formula when i say certain column is X then its should run 1st formula if i select ...

MnyBank 1.5.20 : bug correction
MnyBank is a freeware to preprocess finacial files downloaded from banks and to archive transaction in a database. When the configuration file is missing or corrupted, an unhandled exception occurs. With version 1.5.20, in such a case a new valid configuration file will be generated. Link : http://ferraroa.dyndns.org:8200/MnyBank/help/ Regards, AFer92 ...

Change FORMAT #3
I am just a beginner and I would like to change the format of as cell according to a condition in another cell. First example:I have a cell A3 that contains a text, and I want to change it format to BOLD and change the background to BLUE when A1=M Second example:I have a cell A3 that contains a text, and I want to change it format to BOLD and change the background to BLUE when A1 has a GREEN background Please help You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for:...

Delete mailbox #3
Dear all I have Exchange 5.5 server running 1000 users. I wanted to delete 500 (mailbox and user account) of them. How do I delete them using template? It's not practical if we delete them one by one. Any idea or reference website I can read? thank you "Muhamad Taufik Khasim" <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> wrote in news:ekKtwbBsEHA.1992@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > I wanted to delete 500 (mailbox and user account) of them. How do I > delete them using template? > It's not practical if we delete them one by one. Here is some good information for you: http://support...

What happened to Sales Quota Reporting in 3.0?
What came of the sales quotas reports in 3.0? I know Microsoft pared down the reporting for the new release, but without reports, the sales quotas don't have much relevent use. Is there any consideration being made to convert 1.2 reports to 3.0 reporting service reports? Hi Luke, You are right that we do not currently have any reports on quota in v3. This is on our list of features for the next version. Thanks, Wan Li ---- Wan Li Zhu Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics CRM http://www.microsoft.com/crm "Luke" wrote: > What came of the sales quotas reports in 3.0? ...

CRM 3.0 and Update Rollup 2
A while back we had to move our CRM installation to a new domain. Same server and database, just a different domain. To accomplish this we ended up having to reinstall CRM. Prior to moving to the new domain, we had installed the Update Rollup 2. We never reapplied the rollup, however in the registry it appears that it is installed and some of the features installed with the rollup are available in the client (for example ability to make attributes available to search on). If I look at the build number in the client, it looks like the rollup is not applied. Would the common recommenda...

PropertySheet #3
Hi, I have a PropertySheet in a wizard mode with 3 pages, I made recently. That works fine. Now i want to extend the property sheet and add one page to it. problem is, this page is not displayed.everything else works fine, (other pages). The contrusctor for the 4th page is called, OnInitDialog function is not called. The dialog template for the problem-page is of the "Child" style, thin frame. What I am doing wrong? Any idea? Thanks, Lubomir Lubomir wrote: > I have a PropertySheet in a wizard mode with 3 pages, I made recently. That > works fine. Now i want to ext...

Safe mode starts instantly, normal mode takes 5 minutes
Anybody got any ideas why this huge slowdown has happened. I'm suspecting Bluetooth, but I've uninstalled everything I possibly can and it still takes 5 minutes to start up. However if I start in safe mode (/SAFE on the command line) it starts instantly. I have no com add-ins enabled, no 3rd party toolbars, no nothing, but something is still slowing down the startup. It uses up all available memory in the process of starting up as well. This is Outlook / Office 2003 Pro, with all the latest updates. No matter what settings I choose for Advanced memory management it still ends up...

links in outlook #3
When I click a link in outlook 2007 it does not go the the link. It says something like general failure. The system cannot find the specified file. Is there a option command or something that must be set? Jimkai are you using IE? did you try resetting the web settings (IE's tools, options) and running Help, office diagnostics in Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscrib...

Help setting up e-mail scanning on exchange 5.5
I have setup scanned e-mail on out xerox printer but everytime the person goes to send a scan to somones e-mail out our network it doesn't send. I need to setup some sort of relay but don't know how to do it. Any help would be great. Thanks. ...

Exchange 5.5 Last logon
Where can I view the last logon for a specific account? I've checked both the Public Info store and the Private Info store, but not all accounts are listed. There are many users I know have logged on that aren't listed there. Is there anyway to check the properties of a specific account and click a tab, then a button that would provide this info? Or anything like that? Thanks! To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to do this unless logging was activated in advance. Even then you will need to sort through thousands of records in App Event log. stev379 wrote: > Where ...

Project Timesheet
We have set up a user in the PDK and mapped it to a GP user with all project access. The BP user is setup as Project Timesheet creator and as approver as well as an employee role mapped to the GP user in project in the sample company. When we log in as this user, we can get to the project selction but the message ' Entity, TimesheetConfig is not found. Supply the correct query parameters for the entity. I can get to the project approval page as this user is set up as a manager. The timesheet config table is present but contains no data. Any ideas what we might be missing here? ...

"Cannot complete installation of Live OneCare v1.5 BETA" HELP
I recently downloaded and installed the new version of Windows Live OneCare Beta v1.5. Everything went fine up until I restarted my computer and it booted back up. I constantly kept getting an error message saying that there was a problem with Automatic Updates and it needed to close. In my actions to take box it said I needed to "Complete the installation" by clicking the button "Complete installation". When I click it gives me this error message "OneCare cannot complete the installation at this time because of a problem connecting to the service. Please check...

Blue screen of death appears out of nowhere due to app error please help
*Hi* i was just browsing the web as many of us do,anyways an error pops up saying acgshccg.exe has stopped working. but the file names really long,its called "YYggwBB udXFzgnnQszxf" heres the problem signature: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: acgshccg.exe Application Version: 1.3.0.5 Application Timestamp: 4b55c976 Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00 Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 92401cf8 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2 Locale...

Chart Area #3
I know I have done before, but can't seem to remember how to get doable results. I want to be able to have 3 different background colors on a chart Green, Yellow, and Red. Then 3 columns that are used to show different numbers. The background colors are to help the viewer see quickly if their numbers are in a valid range. -- Thanks, Nikki Nikki - Here's one way: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Nikki&q...

FTP problem (directory listing) on Windows 2008/IIS7.5
So FTP works locally on server from command line perfect (server has publi IP adress)... but when I want to connect to the server from internet loginnm process is OK, but there is problem with receive directory list from the server (wait...wait..wait) I use the passive mode. The server configured in the IIS Manager tab FTP Firewall Support Date Chanell Port Range 49152-65535 firewall has open the above ports plus 20 and 21 (tcp) In addition when I switch firewall off it also does not work ... (I tested it on many computers connected to teh internet). Any ...

CRM 3.0 Outlook Client in RPC/HTTP Mode
We are ruuning CRM 3.0 Professional Edition and Exchange Server 2003 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition server with SP1 on a remote server. Our client machines are using Outlook 2003 with SP2 and connecting to the Exchange Server via RPC Over HTTP. Everything works fine like the clients are able to send and receive mails and able to access the CRM server via Internet Explorer using public IP as well as the Public domain name. But when we tryig to install the CRM 3.0 for Outlook client, its giving an error message that the CRM server could not be contact or the Server may down. ...

ShellExecute
hi! is it possible to close an app that i perviously opened using ShellExecute? (or is there any other way to open and close apps programmatically) thanks, philipp Use ShellExecuteEx() or CreateProcess() and you will get a process handle of the application that you open. Once you have the process handle, you can close the process. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Philipp Huber" <philipp.h@gmx.net> wrote in message news:br4e1m$9hv$07$1@news.t-online.com... > hi! > > is it possible to close an app that i perviously opened...

Quote Template for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Dear Forum Members: I have a hosted Microsoft CRM 4.0 application. I am trying to Print a Quote for my Customer in CRM (from Sales>Opportunities Area) and need a resource for creating a sample Microsoft Word mail merge template for quotes. I need either a Sample Quote Template or instructions on how to create one from scratch in Microsoft Word (with Data Source from CRM). If you can help, please let me know. Thanks, ...