How to set up a uato incremnt in sql server 5000 express

Hi,
I'm trying to get into database programming.  Cannot figure out how to
do a auto int for my key value in sql server express.
 Ted
0
tedpottel

On 19-12-2009 19:40, tedpottel wrote:
> I'm trying to get into database programming.  Cannot figure out how to
> do a auto int for my key value in sql server express.

Set IDENTITY on the field.

Arne

PS: This is a C# forum.
0
ISO
12/20/2009 12:53:24 AM
"tedpottel" <tedpottel@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to get into database programming.  Cannot figure out how to
> do an auto int for my key value in SQL Server Express.

As Arne says, you set the IDENTITY flag on a numerical field.

As Arne also correctly implies, you will generally get a much better (and
quicker) response if you post in the correct newsgroup...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

0
Mark

Can Exchange be installed on same box as CRM 1.2 and SQL Server?
Also, my client is currently using Lotus Notes version 6 server. How would I go about routing mail from an Exchange installation if Notes is still in the picture. Thanks As long as Exchange was installed, outbound email would not be an issue as it will be sent from CRM to the CRM Exchagne Router which is installed on the Exchange box. However, inbound email will be trickier. Which server will be handling the inbound SMTP traffic? Do you plan on using the SFO client at all?? If so, then those users will need to use Exchange as their email server and not Notes. Matt Parks MVP - Microsof...

Lost some basic functionality in Outlook Express
I've recently installed WinXP Pro (w/ Service Packs) and Office XP Pro +FP (w/ Service Pack 3)... and have noticed now (it was probably doing this a little earlier but haven't noticed till now)... ....that Outlook Express won't let me use PageUp or PageDown keys in the preview pane.... (there's some other bugs too, but this one's a big one for me) A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despit...

anyone know where to set the transaction number format?
Hi, Deos anyone know where to set the transaction number format. I need to set the transaction number from 7 digit to 6 digit. regards Dennis Dennis, The Transaction number started with 1. Are you saying that you have used a million numbers already? SO Administrator | File | Connect | put in your password | Database | Set next Transaction Number -- * "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB499B32-9A24-4090-896E-DF0644467DCC@microsoft.com... Hi, Deos anyone know where to set the transaction number format. I need to set the transaction numb...

Can I set up an area chart in Excel with stepped changes?
I'm trying to plot the area of carrrigeways and footways from survey data. Many of the examples are instances where the width/area changes at a particular point rather than gradually. Excel area charts show the area changing gradually - i.e. from trapeziodal rather than rectangluar calculation. Hi, If you use TimeSeries axis and provide the extra information then yes. http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "simonjb" <simonjb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FDAB540...

capture sql logins script
Hello everybody - For disaster recovery purposes we have a secondary gp server on standby. How can I set it up so that the 'caputure sql logins' script will run on my primary gp server and then save the results to the secondary backup gp server? What tool should I use and is there an automatic script I can use? You may approach this in few different ways - 1) Use PSTools to recreate users on the secondary server. This is a free tool and is part of the Professional Services Toools Library. 2) Export out users in a file and run this file using task scheduler and SQL command utility ...

How do I set up the default format for a comment?
I wan't all new excel comments to have the same look by default without having to edit each comment individually. I'm using Office 2003. I thought all the comments would have the same look. But if they don't, Debra Dalgleish has lots of code to format comments when you add them: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Formatted http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Plain Gitesh wrote: > > I wan't all new excel comments to have the same look by default without > having to edit each comment individually. I'm using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Does RMS 2.0 w/SQL Express 2005 automatically increase db to 4GB
Hello, We have upgraded all our stores from RMS 1.2 to RMS 2.0. RMS 1.2 has a 2GB limit and RMS 2.0 has 4GB. We have our 1st store getting close to the 2GB limit on RMS 2.0 with SQL Express 2005. During the upgrade from RMS 1.2 SQL MSDE 2000 to RMS 2.0 SQL Express 2005 does it automatically upgrade the current store database from the 2GB limit to the 4GB limit? Have anyone else ran into this? How to fix it if it did not increase the size during the upgrade? Ed just leave it alone, it's built-in logic to SQL Express 2005. "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Attachments : Outlook Express
I really need some serious help here ! I cant open any attachments(word) that I get via e-mail. Do I need to change settings somewhere ? Please HELP !! Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP C...

Help with: ...query that does not include specified expression .... as part of an aggregate function...
Good Afternoon, I keep getting "You tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression '(Max([b].[AS OF DATE])) Between [a].[closedate] And [a].[trade date]' as part of an aggregate function." when runnng the query below. Any assistance offered is greatly appreciated. Thank you. UPDATE DISTINCTROW tbl_TXN_PortIncExp AS a LEFT JOIN tbl_HLD AS b ON (a.[CUSIP OR LOAN #] = b.[CUSIP OR LOAN #]) AND (a.[PORTFOLIO CODE] = b.[PORTFOLIO CODE]) SET a.XDate = (Max([b].[AS OF DATE])) Between [a].[closedate] And [a]. [trade date], a.TRANSTYPE = "I...

Moving the Exchange Server
Hello Everyone, We have a single Windows 2000 domain with Active Directory. In our domain, there are 3 sites and each site has its own subnet. We have two Exchange 2000 servers. One Exchange server is located in Site1 and the other Exchange server is located in Site3. The MX record points to the Exchange server in Site1. We are planning to move our Exchange server in Site1 to Site2. What are some of the things that need to be done? Thank you, Bernie ...

Selecting the correct records for mailing labels based on SQL Server view
I need to print some mailing labels. I work with an adp Access frontend and a SQL Server backend. The problem is this: I need to print address labels for all the people whose birthday falls within a given month. So far I have a SQL Server view that generates the names, addresses, and birthday months (e.g. 1, 2, 3, ...) for the people I need to send mail to. I have a report for the labels that is based on this view and includes the name and address. I have a form that brings up the label report in preview mode. On this form I have a combo box that allows the user to specify the birthday month...

Syntax error in sql string to update a table from a form using co
Hi, I have a form from where I need to update a table using code: The Prefix field is a text field while the scenario field is number. However I am having difficulty having to contruct the sql statement that will update the record from the current form. I appreciate any help on this. Thanks CODE: Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set db = CurrentDb() strSQL = "Update dbo_PWO_Status Set " & _ "dbo_PWO_Status.QuoteStatus = Me![QuoteStatus] " & _ "where dbo_PWO_Status.Prefix = """ & Me![Prefix] & "...

Backup Exchange 2003 (member Server) onto a Domain Controller backup tape
The following article is confusing me. Exchange does have components installed in the Active Directory? XADM: How to Use NTBackup from a Non-Exchange 2000 Computer View products that this article applies to. Article ID : 275876 Last Review : April 28, 2005 Revision : 3.2 This article was previously published under Q275876 What is the best way to use NTBackup? On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:10:11 -0500, "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote: >The following article is confusing me. Exchange does have components >installed in the Active Dire...

during set up tells me that the ost file is not a offline folder #2
when I went to set up outlook when it attempts to create a default folderit tells me that the outlook.ost file is not an offline folder - when I click OK it closes outlook - so I am in a loop ...

Making Excel accessible on our server
Hi, We just got a new server at work and I'm trying to figure out how to make the excel worksheets asscessible from our server to our network users. Any ideas? Thanks -- smlyday ------------------------------------------------------------------------ smlyday's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489205 There are two approaches: 1. Put the workbooks in shared folders on the server and allow users to download them and run Excel on there local equipment 2. Setup some k...

Question on Connectors. 3 servers
I've confused myself. 3 servers: server1, server2 & server3. Server1 was our original Exchange box. We've outgrown that box and added another, and migrated most accounts to this server: Server2. We had been using NAV for Exchange, but have now purchased MailSweeper. Ran into some problems and decided I need a test server to work out these problems: Server3. I added a test account on the test server. With that account I can send and receive internet email. I did not add a IMC to the test server, so how am I able to "send" using this test account? thanks Hi Jo...

Need help with SQL statement
Hello, I need to do the following: The Item price must be copied to Pricelevel C as back-up. Next the price entered in Pricelevel A must be copied to Item price Is this possible thrue an SQL statement? I don't have SQL knowledge, so I hope you can help me. -- Kind regards, Raymond Bakker ReBuS b.v. The Netherlands BACKUP FIRST. If at all possible, perform these operations when the store is closed. In Store Operations: UPDATE Item SET PriceC = Price then... UPDATE Item SET Price = PriceA If you are in an HQ environment, you'll need a different set of queries. Tom -- St...

what advantages does outlook have over outlook express
I am wondering whether there is any advantage in changing from Outlook Express to Outlook. I have OE6. If you only wish to use email, then stick with OE, but see if link helps http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olexpr.htm "starsista" <starsista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6998AB6E-77FD-4975-85A0-63502870B072@microsoft.com... > I am wondering whether there is any advantage in changing from Outlook > Express to Outlook. I have OE6. ...

Problems writing a linked query in SQL
Hello Newsgroup, I am doing some archive database and therefore got one table indexing every folder and one table storing which rack belongs to which department, eg: table folders : +-----------+------+-------+ | folder_id | rack | date | +===========+======+=======+ | 123456789 | 325 | 05/02 | +-----------+------+-------+ | 987654321 | 158 | 02/07 | +-----------+------+-------+ | 987485221 | 666 | 01/05 | +-----------+------+-------+ table racks: +----+------+------------+ | id | rack | department | +====+======+============+ | 1 | 158 | FKA/PKG | +----+------+------------+ | 2 |...

Set additional shipping charge for certain items
Is there a way to set an additional shipping charge for individual items? ...

Can't get folder setting to stick
Hello All I'm hoping someone can help with this folder settings problem. When I click "Underline icons only when I point to them" in Tools/folder options and then hit Apply or OK, Windows won't change the setting. The folder icons and names remain underlined. If I reopen Tools/folder options, sure enough it's set back to "Underline icon tiles consistent with my browser." I've done this repeatedly. I've also tried switching first to Windows Classic folders, with the same result. Any idea why it won't change? Incidentally, I can chan...

Installing Business Portal/Terminal Server
Hello. A client of mine is currently running 2003 Standard AD domain, with a member server SQL/GP v8. They want to remove the GP apps from the workstations and place on new Terminal Server to assist in updates etc.. For security purposes, I would imagine that the term server should be inside network. They also want outside employees (non-AD domain users) to be able to access GP through using Business Portal. Should this BP server be in DMZ, or is this not recommended? Are ther too many ports that need to be opened on internal firewall that makes the DMZ pointless? The outside user...

how do I set up offline folder to automatically sync
I would like to set up an automatic synch on exit when I am working offline using Outlook 2002. Is there a way to do this? I know in Outlook 2000, if you go to Tools>Options and click on the Mail Services tab, there is a check box under "enable off Access" that says "When Online, syncronize all folder upon exiting". This should make that work. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to set up an automatic synch on exit when I >am working offline using Outlook 2002. Is there a way to >do this? >. > ...

Excel data to SQL database
I have an excel application that estimates a price for our product. want to be able to transfer that quote to our business software syste (which uses SQL Server) by the click of a button _on_the_spreadsheet_ The software system has a quote module which utilizes two tables;QTMAS and QTITEM. Creating the quote would be a two step process. 1st step Create the Quote Master record from within the system. This would giv me a quote number. And Step 2: import the Quote item details from th spreadsheet via a click of the button into QTITEM. How can this be done via VBA -- Kevla --------------------...

How do I find the port and SSL settings for Yahoo!Mail?
When I tried to link Outlook 2003 to my Yahoo!Mail e-mail account I found the exact steps listed by Microsoft and followed them. However, when I clicked on 'Test Account Settings' it still did not function properly after multiple tries. Three errors occurred: 1) Send test e-mail message: the specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. To access these settings... 2) Find incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server. The problem could be the server name...