How set default value for argument?

Is there a way to set default value function/method arguments? Something like:
FindEmployees(string argName=="All")

FindEmployees("Raj");
FindEmployees();

Thank you

Regards
Raj

Hello,

> Is there a way to set default value function/method arguments?

This is new in C# 2010
(http://andrewtroelsen.blogspot.com/2009/01/c-2010-optional-parameters_28.html)

> FindEmployees(string argName=="All")
>
> FindEmployees("Raj");
> FindEmployees();

Until now in C# it would be rather done by defining a FindEmployees method
with no argument that calls FindEmployees("All") (described in the same
article I mentionned above).

--
Patrice

0
Patrice
2/17/2010 12:08:17 PM
On 17-02-2010 06:50, Raj wrote:
> Is there a way to set default value function/method arguments? Something like:
> FindEmployees(string argName=="All")
>
> FindEmployees("Raj");
> FindEmployees();

Today:
   no

April 12th (supposed to be C# 4.0 / .NET 4.0 / VS 2010 release date):
   yes

Syntax:
   FindEmployees(string argName = "All")

Arne
0
UTF

How do you change default font size for UML elements in Visio Dra.
I'm just getting started with Visio 2007 and reverse engineering C++ code (although I'm interested in C# code as well!) I have two questions. 1) When I drag classes onto the drawing surface the font of the text is too small. I can change it class by class, but that's a pain. Surely there is some global place to change it? 2) How do I drag all the classes on from the Model Explorer onto the drawing surface at once? Shift key and ctrl key do not work. Thanks Dave. ...

Setting up new email
Hi I recently switched to MSN Internet service and want to set up my Outlook email program to receive mail at home. I don't know the pop3 and other information to put into the program so that I can resume receiving email there. I have both Outlook Express and Outlook 200 installed on the computer, whick is running on W98SE. Thanks for any help! Terry Ray plinus74@msn.com Consult the MSN help files for the correct information. Note: Many accounts were converted to HTTP accounts only. POP3 accounts may be unavailable depending on your service package. --� Milly Staples [MVP - ...

How set totals of various cells with per colour fill value?
I have a sheet containing values as follows. April May June company 1 43 company 2 5 company 3 17 The cell values are also coured to indice a status. Somewhere beside the table I want to mention the totals of the cells, per status (so per colour). How to perform the latter? Thank you. Bart Excell 2003 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a working solution -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Why my default number format changed
I am using Excel 2007. From time to time, I found the default number format changed when I open an exiting excel file. For example, originally its default format was "General", but when I open the file, found it changed to "Custom". How is it happened? How can I prevent? How can I fix it. Thanks in advance! ...

Dynamic Value in Workflows
Hello, I am creating some workflows and I want to set a value in an Account Entity based on a value in the Opportunity Entity. I believe I should be able to use the Dynamic value wizard within Workflow manager - i.e. select Account and the filed and select = and then go to Dynamic Value and select Opportunity and the field that I want the value to inherit on change of status. However when I do this I can only select Account within the Dynamic Value picklist. Any ideas? Dynamic Values are only available to children of Parent entities. Since Accounts are at the top of the CRM food c...

AutoFill Changing Wrong Value
I'm trying to create an analysis sheet that gathers data from 100 worksheets within the same workbook. I want the same cell reference in each sheet, but to change the sheet number in each cell. The worksheets are named 1 - 100 Here is the formula: ='1'!B3:E3 It changes the cell references only, not the worksheets. I've changed the formula to keep the cell references: ='1'!$B$3:$E$3 I now need the formula to increment the sheet number each time, PLEASE!!! Thanks, Lisa Presumably you want to sum data from that range? Try this: =3DSUM(INDIR...

Calendar and Settings sometimes missing in CRM web interface
I refer to the message below from a few months ago, which Google informs me I can no longer post to... http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=E5891C96-F093-43BF-80D7-48E168ACD54E@microsoft.com Apparently there is a problem here that is caused by Outlook (with CRM client) being open when CRM web interface is loaded - that when this is done, the service schedule calendar is missing, and in my case, so is the Settings tab/section. Someone has suggested creating a different DNS alias for outlook to use to connect to the CRM, so that IE and Outlook are using different cookies. Has anyone el...

setting up Vista-microsoft mail-getting POP3 server error message
What am I doing wrong? Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and service provider TWC or Time Warner Cable and the error message comes up. What should I do? Can you help me? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:27:09 -0700, "asilocreo" <asilocreo@microsoft.com> wrote: >What am I doing wrong? >Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about >the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and >service provider TWC or Ti...

Trusted Code Settings.
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. We currently have moved to outlook xp and we have a visual basic 6 program that sends email.Since moving to outlook xp when the visual basic program sends mail these prompt box's appear which tell there is a program trying access mail and you have yes no options. I was on the microsoft site and found a security features administrive patch which we downloaded you have a couple of options on this you can set the security settings for each user manually which works fine when we do it the boxs dont pop up.But There is another option that ...

which table Picklist integer value stored?
Hi there, Which database table pick list interger values stored? thanks Kyaw this query will list all the pick list integervalues and attribute name select AttributeName,AttributeValue,Value from StringMap // for account WHERE (StringMap.ObjectTypeCode=1) //for contact WHERE (StringMap.ObjectTypeCode=2) attributename will tell u about the name of the picklist attribute value is the intigers and values are what u can see on the form i think this will help u ...

Getting the "name=" (bit, picklist) value that is returned from SOAP
Hi all, I am getting several fields via a Web service request in javascript in an OnChange event to poulate other field on a case. One of those fields is a bit, and one is a picklist. Those nodes in the response come back with <attribute="new_active" name="true">1</attribute> for the bit field and <attribute="status" name="On Hold">3</attribute> How can I read the name value? I've tried selectSingleNode("//status").name with no luck. Thanks! I am doing a similar process, using a SOAP response message. I ge...

How can I send a set of files, one file per email, automatically?
I need to send about 40 files to one or two people. I'm willing to do this in Eudora or in Outlook Express or Outlook. The problem is that these files are each relatively large: around 25MB each. Combining them into one file would be prohibitive. So I want to send 40 emails, each with one file. Does either of these mailer programs make that task possible? Of course, doing it manually would not be a reasonable option. Outlook should be able to do that with a batch file but you might want to find another way of getting that much data (approx 1GB) to the recipients like via FTP serve...

setting up outlook #8
Hi, I am running Vista and I can not get Outlook to correct to my wireless service. Could someone please tell what I can try. Thanks, DK Contact your Internet Service Provider or visit their help site to get the correct server settings and instructions for setting up Outlook. Wireless is your network connection method, not your email provider. Use the Network & Sharing Center in Vista to set up your network connections. "debbie" wrote: > Hi, > I am running Vista and I can not get Outlook to correct to my wireless > service. > Could someone please tell what ...

Set Departments and Categories discount.
Is there a way to set the departments and categories to a discount price. For example i have a category name soda, can i put the whole soda category to a discount price and on sale schedule?? You can use the Inventory Wizard in Store Operations Manager -- Regards Michael (Brisbane, Australia) "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89FA3DB0-4F8A-4A70-BFDA-19C66D5BB708@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to set the departments and categories to a discount price. > For example i have a category name soda, can i put the whole soda category > t...

Hiding Returned Value of hlookup
Okay, this is a tough one... (At least for me) I'm using the hlookup formula to import the starting times and ending times of employees on a daily assignment sheet. I'm compiling all the times onto a weekly schedule where each individual's hours for the week are added up. Now, I've done all this, but I get #NA when a particular employee is not on a certain day. I'm currently using IF and ISERROR to convert the #NA to "0", which allows the sheet to properly add up the hours being used by each employee. Now, I need to be able to hide the zeros so I can pri...

Counting Different Values
Well here we go, i have coloum B which has the name of the person and column F has the number now i want to have a summary page which has : Name & Number from the other page counted up. For Example: Robert Smith 10 Robert Smith XX Jim Smith 10 Jim Cox 10 Jim Cox XX Jim Cox 10 and on the summary page it has: Robert Smith - 10 Total: 1 Robert Smith - XX Total: 1 J...

Help with counting values that have different endings
Hi guys, i just joined SQLMONSTER and was wondering if you guys can help me with this problem... I have 10 columns and 8,000,000 rows which have stock ticker names and exchange tickers-like the following: [Column A] AQR.L GDY.LS NBAE.LS (blank) 0023CA.S FOR.L AQR.KZ ... ... How do I find the number of unique ticker names in my database and disregard the .L, .LS, .S, .L, .KZ endings (because I am looking for the unique tickers, not the exchange). I.E., I want the values counted to be only AQR, GDY, NBAE, 0023CA, FOR or 5 values (I don't want AQR to be counted twice becau...

how do I set availability at less than 8 hours per day?
As much as we would otherwise prefer, our team spends less than 100% of our time each week dedicated to projects. In reality, we're about 60% projects and 40% support. We also tend to work on several smaller projects at the same time, rather than one large project. Is there a way to set Project to have the work day reflect the number of hours that are available for project work, then assign a percent availability to use the number of project hours? When I tried to set the standard calendar to a 5 hour work day, and allocated a resource at 50%, they showed as working 4 hou...

Change default about reminders?

how we can retrieve the value of edit control of combobox.
hi guys, how r u, can you please tell me how we can retrieve the value of edit control of combo box. actually i want to allow the user to input data in the combobox and then save this data in the database. i don't want to select already exist data in list box of combobox. please help me. raghunandan_1081@yahoo.com wrote: > hi guys, how r u, can you please tell me how we can retrieve the value > of edit control of combo box. actually i want to allow the user to > input data in the combobox and then save this data in the database. i > don't want to select already exist da...

Make Publisher default font and line spacing preferences availabl.
When bringing a mixture of text and graphics (in an ad for example) into one publisher file from another publisher file, publisher automatically changes the font of the imported box to Perpetua and changes the line spacing to 5.96 or something. I am assuming there is a way for this NOT to happen but I can't find it and it's not obvious in any of the help menus. ...

Setting up a Form to be able to print
I have set up a form so as there are two pages (one after the other) on the form. When i view the first page of the form in Print Preview - there are two pages that i am able to print. However, when i print it out, only the "first page" of the Form prints. Any suggestions as to find out how to be able to print both pages of the form? You might try saving the form as a report, then adjusting the margins. Right-click on the form's name in the database window and choose: Save As then change the dropdown in the dialog to Report. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastr...

Multiple If True Values?
Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and if a certain combination of values exists, change the format of another cell? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You. Start by experimenting with Format|Conditional Formatting Then come back if more help is needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DC594F-6045-4A81-B8B9-19F295A2AAA5@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and &g...

Stored Procedure with array of values
I have the query below in a stored procedure in MS SQL 2005 server. My problem is that I would like to be able to pass in multiple questionID values. So I would like to replace A.QuestionID = @QuestionNumber with a method where I can pass in a list of question numbers. For example instead of passing in 286 I would like to pass in 286, 289, 412, and 513. The number of values passed in would vary from 1 to 15 or 20. I imagine the line A.QuestionID = @QuestionNumber would be edited to something along the lines of A.QuestionID IN ( @QuestionNumber ) SELECT Coun...

My Account Settings, Icons, Files are "Missing"
Recently, I booted up and discovered that my personalized icons (under my account) had disappeared from the desktop. The Account Name is "Gilxxx" but my data is under "Curxxx" When I looked closer, I was able to see the directory structure in my "Documents and Settings" folders, but none of the files. The files are there, however, as I can play MP3s in Windows Media Player (and they are in my My Music directory). And, when I tried to add new desktop icons to "re-create" my old desktop, Windows tells me that a shortcut with that name alread...