Find a running executable - 51741

Is there a way to find out if an executable (with known full path for the exe
file) is running or not in C#?

Roy wrote:
> Is there a way to find out if an executable (with known full path for the exe
> file) is running or not in C#?

Yes.  See:

     Process.GetProcesses()
     Process.MainModule
     ProcessModule.FileName

(All in the System.Diagnostics namespace)
0
Peter

How to copy a workbook so the buttons run the macros?
a.xcl has lots of macros and lots of buttons. If I copy a.xcl as b.xcl and move a.xcl to a different folder and run eg. macro1 from the button in b.xcl I get an error message: a.xcl/macro1 not found. How can I copy a workbook so the buttons will run the macros in that workbook rather than looking for the macros in the original workbook? You obviously know how to assign a macro to a button. Just do that again and select the macro that is in that workbook. HTH Otto "-" <unknown@unknown.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1cedbac140e53b9a989680@msnews.microsoft.com... > ...

Find workbook with code.
Hi All, I have about 4 excel workbooks that related to my db.I want to include these 4 workbooks as one package with my DB.I create a package cause need to copy to another computer. Let say their names are MyWorkbook 1,2,3,and 4. Currently I write the code to open the workbook like below. Set appXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set wkb = appXL.Workbooks.Open("C:\MyFolder\MyWorkbook.xls") Set wks = wkb.Worksheets(1) But if I copy the package and put it in another computer,mean the code need to be modified,isn't it?.And I don't want to get busy with that. I w...

Running XY chart labeller using a macro's parameters and arguments.
Hi, I recently got hold of Ron Bovey's XY chart labeler (http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm) . I want to do labeling using a macro. I would like to pass the arguments, the location of a chart (name of the chart object and within which worksheet/chartsheet it is located) and the range to be used for labeling, using a macro. Dont want any manual prompting for indicating the same. I did go through Ron's subs (the project is unprotected) and there were four subs and the second sub "Mnetrypoints" seemed to be the workhorse. But it doesnt use any arguments and i...

Correct name to find Outlook Express 6 group please
Hi can anyone please tell me the correct name for the Outlook Express 6 news group please I have tried but my ISP does not carry descriptions. Thanks, Mick. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Mick Cant wrote: > Hi can anyone please tell me the correct name for the Outlook Express 6 news > group pl...

Run time error 429 at startup of pos
we uninstalled epson opos adk to install newer version. now when we try to open pos, we get an activex run time error 429. anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? JohnnyBoy, Try re-installing the RMS program as the Epson uninstall must have wiped out something RMS needed. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System...

Re to David Lowndes :ComboBox
Thank you very much I did it , but in the line DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_COMBO_SELECT_ATTRIBUTE, m_CmbAttribute); that it plants in my code when I add the control variable to my comboBox, it brings an error message, when I debug it and enter the DDX_Control function, it stops at this line : ASSERT(!pDX->m_bSaveAndValidate) What does that meen ----- David Lowndes wrote: ---- >I just want to be able to change the data of the comboBox >I saw that the AddString function demands a pointer to the comboBox, and I don't know whether it is being created if I create ...

Can't find Publisher on my laptop
I am running Windows XP 2002, service pack 2. I've looked under control panel, add/delete programs and found that I have both Office Basic Edition 2003 and Office Standard Edition 2003 installed. 1st - how do I know if Publisher 2003 is a part of that install? 2nd - if it is installed, how do I access it? 3rd - if it is not installed, what should I purchase? Susan Melenchuk <SusanMelenchuk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Windows XP 2002, service pack 2. I've looked under control >panel, add/delete programs and found that I have both Office Basic Edit...

Can I know wat is the command in powershell to find the program
Can I know wat is the command in powershell to find the program is installed or not in a system. On May 17, 8:24=A0am, Coolguy <Cool...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can I know wat is the command in powershell to find the program is instal= led > or not in a system. for example: gwmi -comp computername win32_product | select name (though this only shows applications installed with windows installer) ...

find multiple data cells for one data source
I need a formula that will help me organize country codes. In Column A, I have 3 digit codes that have a country code, in column B, associated with it. The 3 digit codes appear multiple times in the spreadsheet. I need a way to show the 3 digit code and any and all of the country codes that are associated with it on one row. Example of my raw data below: ABF CN ABF MX ABF US ACC CN ACC IE ACC MX ACC TW ACC US Desired Output: Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E Col F ABF CN MX US ACC CN IE MX TW US Satisfactory out...

best way of finding the differences in two bit of xml
hi all if i have two fragments of xml, whats the best way of doing a "diff" on them to find any differences TI b bg wrote: > if i have two fragments of xml, whats the best way of doing a "diff" on them to find any differences. There are .NET tools for this, online and for download at the following URL: http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xmldiff/ -- Martin Honnen http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ ...

Running RMS HQ on multiple computers
Is it possible to run a copy of RMS HQ Manager on multiple computers? Yes it is 100% Just install it on that machine and point it to the HQ database, obviously they have to be networked for this to work? "Nabonibus" <Nabonibus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F316262-07FC-4B56-95A6-D80EEF34D207@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to run a copy of RMS HQ Manager on multiple computers? ...

Find Message doesn't tell me folder path
When I use Find Message (Ctrl-Shift-F), the resulting list only says the folder name of the mail. If I've created subfolders, it doesn't tell me how to find that folder, i.e., the "path" to the folder. Is there a way to do this. I have a fairly deep structure, and sometimes I have to spend a lot of time finding the location of a found email. How do other people handle this problem? Thanks. -- roricka If the "Include subfolders" option is checked, the subfolder name should be displayed in the Results. roricka wrote: > When I use Find...

How to find context menu!
Hi, I am trying to write down some codes to find out the context menu in VC++. However, the codes don��t work with Office and some application. If you right-click on Desktop or IE, you will see the ��Find popup menu�� is outputted. However, it doesn��t take place if right-click on Office. BOOL FindPopupMenu(IAccessible* paccParent) { HRESULT hr; long numChildren; unsigned long numFetched; VARIANT varChild,varRole; IEnumVARIANT* pEnum = NULL; IDispatch* pDisp = NULL; IAccessible* pCAcc = NULL; BOOL found = false; //Get the IEnumVARIANT int...

Finding links in multiple files
We are changing the structure of our network and want to move several hundred files from one drive to another, changing the pathing. For instance the file would go from X:\budget\*.xls to G:\vol4\budget\*.xls. Our fiscal people use links within and across workbooks and folders extensively. I am wondering if there is some way to run a text report that lists every link in every workbook in a particular folder and then update all those links without having to open each and every workbook. I posed this issue previously and was given wonderful utilities that work within a workbook, but I...

Outlook not finding connection or pop server
AAArrrrggggghhhhhh! Outlook keeps showing a message stating it can't find the server. I'v checked the account set up and it's set for the cable modem. When i does find it it keeps asking for my password. When I put it in an click ok, it asks for it again! Please help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Code to find all / next in a row of data
XL 2007 on XP Pro: I have a s/s with many names in cells along a row (in random order.) Some names may be the same. So I am trying to write a macro to "Find" the names that match one entered into a cell by a user. He should be presented with those that match and be able to select the one required. The active displayed cell should then move to that column in the row so that he can update data in the cells below. I have tried recording a macro using the "Find" in Excel but it does not record. Can anyone assist? Instead try data>filter>autofilter>...

How do I find something that was not saved?
I am workning in Publisher 2003. I was working on a project that I accidentially closed without saving. I was asked to save but chose no. Is it possible to retrieve that document know? It was the last thing I was working n. If you didn't save it, there's nothing to find. Sorry. (Try to develop the habit of saving a file often. And before you hit that "no" button - stop and think twice before you do.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Aniko" <Aniko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A04251C-1DFE-4D14-A140-D8BF367F44C2@mi...

Find and replace for cells with certain number of characters.
Hi, everyone. I am working on a rather large document so searching it manually isn't possible. I need to find all cells in this document (a text document imported as a tab-delimited file) that have more than 64 characters. Although I have found reference to the LEN function in Excel's help files I would prefer to work with Find and Replace command as it finds one occurrence and stops there only moving to the next if you press the Next button. Is there a way to do this with Find and Replace ? TIA, Joe You say you want to use Find & Replace and you say you wan...

Finding Location of Maximum Value in 2D Array
I am using MS Office ExCel 2003(11.6560.6568) SP2 and have a single sheet with a 2D array of numbers roughly 202x202 in size. Could someone tell me the quickest way to locate the maximum value in the array? I tried =WhereMax("Sheet1") but just got #NAME? as the result. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, Peter. Hi Major: Sub findmax() Dim r As Range Set r = Selection v = r.Cells(1, 1).Value For Each r In Selection If r.Value > v Then v = r.Value s = r.Address End If Next MsgBox ("maximum value " & v & " found in cell &...

Running Dos command using shellExecute
I am trying to run dos command DEL /f /s /q c:\\dirname\\* using ShellExecute API but command does not run and gives the error code 2 i.e file not found. IF i run the same command using system call then it works. Can anyone tell me how to use shellexecute to run dos command. I am using in following way ShellExecute(NULL, "open", "DEL /f /s /q c:\\check\\*", NULL, NULL, SW_HIDE); thanks manoj <manojkumar_net@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:1125928351.189476.270890@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to run dos command DEL /f /s /q c:\\dirname...

Clearing "Find" history
I use the find function to locate emails that I have looked at in the past. However, I have used it so often that there are many old searches in the drop down menu. how do I clear teh history and start fresh? ...

Performing multiple Find/Replaces All At Once?
Hello, regarding my issue here is a very brief summary. I have a database that stores "country of origin" quantitatively based on a standardized document called the Huridocs. When I run data queries for reports I need to present this quantitative data in standard text form (i.e. "1234" coding must become "China"). As a result, I must go through manually doing a "Replace" for each country code to its text equivalent so that my supervisor can do write up's for grants based on the data. What I wanted to know was if it is possible to have a pre-set &q...

finding next business day of end date
Can anyone help me with this? If I enter a date, for example, 5/20/04 in cell A1, I want cells A2 to A11 to show the same date in sucessive months (6/20/04, 7/20/04, etc) such as with the edate() function. But if that date happens to be on a weekend or a holiday, I want it to give me the next business day. so for June, it would give 6/21/04 since 6/20 is a sunday. for February, it would give 2/22/05 since 20th is a sunday and 21st is a holiday. any help would be greatly appreciated! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi try =WORKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)-...

Integration Manager
I'm trying to integrate transaction data into Great Plains thru integration manager. Is there any way to schedule the integration job to run it automatically? For instance, I want the "GL Transaction" integration jobs to auto run at every night 11:00 PM. Please advice. Cheers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...

How to hide values in a running balance untill new data is entere.
I'm trying to make a spreadsheet to keep track of the miles I bike and the total time. For each of these, I made a running balance. The entire range displays the total. I would like to hide the displayed future totals untill a new value is entered for that particular day. example: miles total 1 1 2 3 3 3 3 I don't want to see all those 3's until I input...