Excel Pivot Items Using C# - Unable to Access

I am working on a C# add-in that modifies pivot tables.  I have done
this work in VBA, and the object model seems straightforward, e.g.,
PivotTable-PivotFields-PivotItems, but I can not get the object for
PivotItems, or iterate through the items. Do I need something other
than PivotItems?

Code for PivotFields, that works:

                        IExcel.PivotFields pvtfs = (IExcel.PivotFields)
pvtTable.get_PageFields(Missing.Value);
                        foreach (IExcel.PivotField pvtf in pvtfs)
                        {

Code for the does nto work, and PivotItems shows no values (as in
count):

                                IExcel.PivotItems pvtis =
(IExcel.PivotItems)pvtf.PivotItems(Missing.Value);
                                foreach (IExcel.PivotItem pvti in
pvtis)
                                {

Similarly, even though I can iterate the CubeFields, I can not edit
some parameters, although I can retrieve its value, e.g., trying to
modify EnablemultiplePageitems throws an error:

                                IExcel.CubeFields cbfs =
(IExcel.CubeFields)pvtTable.CubeFields;
                                foreach (IExcel.CubeField cbf in cbfs)
                                {
                                    string cbfname = cbf.Name;
                                    bool cbfMultiPage =
cbf.EnableMultiplePageItems;

                                    if (cbfname == dimensionName &
cbfMultiPage == false)
                                    {

                                        cbf.EnableMultiplePageItems =
true;
0
james

I should add I've been unable to find any information regarding this,
mostly unanswered questions.

On Nov 13, 9:26=A0am, james <james.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on a C# add-in that modifies pivot tables. =A0I have done
> this work in VBA, and the object model seems straightforward, e.g.,
> PivotTable-PivotFields-PivotItems, but I can not get the object for
> PivotItems, or iterate through the items. Do I need something other
> than PivotItems?
>
> Code for PivotFields, that works:
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 IExcel.PivotFields pvtfs =
=3D (IExcel.PivotFields)
> pvtTable.get_PageFields(Missing.Value);
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 foreach (IExcel.PivotFiel=
d pvtf in pvtfs)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 {
>
> Code for the does nto work, and PivotItems shows no values (as in
> count):
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 IExcel.Pi=
votItems pvtis =3D
> (IExcel.PivotItems)pvtf.PivotItems(Missing.Value);
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 foreach (=
IExcel.PivotItem pvti in
> pvtis)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 {
>
> Similarly, even though I can iterate the CubeFields, I can not edit
> some parameters, although I can retrieve its value, e.g., trying to
> modify EnablemultiplePageitems throws an error:
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 IExcel.Cu=
beFields cbfs =3D
> (IExcel.CubeFields)pvtTable.CubeFields;
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 foreach (=
IExcel.CubeField cbf in cbfs)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 {
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 s=
tring cbfname =3D cbf.Name;
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 b=
ool cbfMultiPage =3D
> cbf.EnableMultiplePageItems;
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 i=
f (cbfname =3D=3D dimensionName &
> cbfMultiPage =3D=3D false)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 {
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 cbf.EnableMultiplePageItems =3D
> true;

0
james

New to excel

Reporting from Project Server

Looking for Excel Help

Unable to delete empty database

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

how to find an item in a list control?

C-RunTime or Win32
This is a big question I always get in my mind, that Should I use C-Run Time Library functions or Win32 Functions? e.g. A simple task, open a file, if exist, open for read or open as append for write, what is its path, directory, extension, file attributes, etc. Now, all these taks, we need in our every projects, and hence I hace this question, that CRTL or Win32. Thanks for your vital views. Tom Alter wrote: > This is a big question I always get in my mind, that Should I use C-Run Time Library > functions or Win32 Functions? > e.g. A simple task, open a file, if exist, open for r...

using the journal on outlook

Pivot Table Question #5

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Access to User Calendar