Entity framwork accessing private member variables

(The following was posted in the ADO.NET newsgroup but got no responses.
Thus the posting here.)

Doing some testing with Entity Framework, I have been able to get POCOs to
save using the public Properties.  Now I am trying to switch from using
public properties to private member variables.  Originally the getter and
setter of the ID property were public.  I have changed the getter and setter
to private access and changed the name to 'id' the name of the underlying
member variable.  I get an error:

"Mapping and metadata information could not be found for Entity Type"

Does the entity framework not yet support accessing member variables, or is
there something else that needs to be modified?

tobiwan_kenobi wrote:
> (The following was posted in the ADO.NET newsgroup but got no responses.
> Thus the posting here.)
>
> Doing some testing with Entity Framework, I have been able to get POCOs to
> save using the public Properties.  Now I am trying to switch from using
> public properties to private member variables.  Originally the getter and
> setter of the ID property were public.  I have changed the getter and setter
> to private access and changed the name to 'id' the name of the underlying
> member variable.  I get an error:
>
> "Mapping and metadata information could not be found for Entity Type"
>
> Does the entity framework not yet support accessing member variables, or is
> there something else that needs to be modified?

The metadata which is the model.edmx must match and is XML. XML is case
sensitive. I don't think it can find 'id' in the model.edmx, which was
originally 'ID'. It means you're going to need to modify the model.edmx
using NotePad and make changes there too.

You verify the Model by going to the Model Designer, right-clicking in
an open area and select Verify. If you can't verify after making changes
to the model.edmx, then something is wrong in the model.edmx.
0
Mr
12/1/2009 3:51:53 AM
I have already done what you recommend and it didn't seem to recognize the
private member variable.

"Mr. Arnold" wrote:

> tobiwan_kenobi wrote:
> > (The following was posted in the ADO.NET newsgroup but got no responses.
> > Thus the posting here.)
> >
> > Doing some testing with Entity Framework, I have been able to get POCOs to
> > save using the public Properties.  Now I am trying to switch from using
> > public properties to private member variables.  Originally the getter and
> > setter of the ID property were public.  I have changed the getter and setter
> > to private access and changed the name to 'id' the name of the underlying
> > member variable.  I get an error:
> >
> > "Mapping and metadata information could not be found for Entity Type"
> >
> > Does the entity framework not yet support accessing member variables, or is
> > there something else that needs to be modified?
> >

> The metadata which is the model.edmx must match and is XML. XML is case
> sensitive. I don't think it can find 'id' in the model.edmx, which was
> originally 'ID'. It means you're going to need to modify the model.edmx
> using NotePad and make changes there too.
>
> You verify the Model by going to the Model Designer, right-clicking in
> an open area and select Verify. If you can't verify after making changes
> to the model.edmx, then something is wrong in the model.edmx.
> .

custom entity + linking contact
Hi, I am new to the CRM product. And have a few questions...... I know that in 3.0 you can create custom entity, but can you link your custom entity to other entity such as contact/account? In defining the custom entity, there's a relationship field and mapping field. What are they exactly? When/How do you define a relationship/mapping? Thanks, Jane You can create relationships to other entities when you create a new custom entity in 3.0. I believe that you can also establish if the new custom entity maps up to an existing entity, or receives mapped info from an existing entity. -...

Column Reference to External Source As a Variable
Can anyone help me convert the column referenced in the formula below into a variable that the user can define? More specifically, I have several columns that I need to read from an external workbook (Short_Billy.xls). Each column to the right of column C represents an additional day out in a 14 day projection from today (whose data is held in column C). In cell I5 of my active workbook (Inventory.xls), I would like the user to be able to enter a value representing the number of days out they would like to see the projection for (0=today=Column C, 1=Tomorrow=Column D, etc.). In cell I6, I...

comdlg32.ocx and Access 2007
I have several Access databases that were originally written using an Access version prior to Access 2007. I am in the process of converting the databases and installing them on new machines running Win7 and Access 2007. Over the years, one of the References I commonly used was comdlg32.ocx. It does not appear that either Win7 or Access 2007 installs that particular Active X file. I can copy it from an older machine, but that seems like a strange solution. Is comdlg32.ocx a "legacy" Active X file and has it been replaced with a newer (and differently named) Activ...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Simple Access counting queries

Expression Too Complex in Access 2000
Hi, Consider the following query: SELECT crTbl.acct_1, crTbl.amount, crTbl.date FROM crTbl WHERE (((crTbl.acct_1)="Supplies") AND ((crTbl.date) Between [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![startDate] And [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![endDate])); The query works fine on my own computer in Access 2002. When converted to Access 2000 and used on an other computer, I get the following error: "This expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex to be evaluated. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables." The problem is with the "Between...

groups detail section totals access 2003
Hi all, I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet. I have what basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail rows. I want to total these rows in the report and display immediately below the detail section. I don't really want to group anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group. That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I can add my total columns. If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts grouping things and that is not what I want. I don't want to use the "page foo...

How to add new entity?
Hi. I'm now researching the customization abilities of MS CRM 1.2. So I have a small task, which I'm not able to accomplish with SDK. The main question is how to add additional entity to CRM? I need to add entity "Pets", and dictionary "PetTypes". Pets should be linked with Contacts (1:M). Pets should have 3 attributes: - Name (string of 150 chars), - Type (value from PetTypes dictionary), - Description (string of 1000 chars) PetTypes should have 3 entries: "Cat", "Dog" and "Parrot" I expect that i...

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

Access 2007 12-17-09
I am building a contact data base for my church. How do I get the phone field to automatically format like this (xxx) xxx-xxxx when the numbers are typed in the cell? -- Thank You In the form design view select the phone control and open the properties dialog. Goto the Data tab and use the Input Mask to define the format you wish to use. If you click on the ... to the right hand side on the property you will get another dialog where there are predefined input mask or you can define your own. For instance, I use !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ to format my telepho...

how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array one?
Hi, In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array? ....... CString strRst; unsigned short strOleChars[100]; strOleChars = strRst; //??? Thank you. Is ConvertStringToBSTR() what you are looking for? AliR. "David" <David_Wang_Xian@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e6gbA3avFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short > array? > ...... > CString strRst; > unsigned short strOleChars[100]; > strOleChars = strRst; //??? > > Thank you. > > ...

Can Entourage be used to access Google Groups
I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on Entourage or Mac Mail? Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something everyone except me knows. Thanks, Michael Plog On 1/31/10 3:25 PM, Michael Plog wrote: > I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this > news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on > Entourage or Mac Mail? > > Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something e...

Counting the number of times more than 1 variable occurs
I need to determine how many Separations were processed by a particular salesperson. A | B 1 MIKE | SEPARATION 2 MIKE | LEAVE 3 SARA | SEPARATION 4 JOE | SEPARATION 5 JAMIE | LEAVE 6 MIKE | LEAVE 7 JOE | LEAVE 8 SARA | SEPARATION The only way I can think of is the COUNTIF Funtion *COUNTIF(-range,criteria-)* =COUNTIF(A1:A8,(A1:A8="MIKE")*(B1:B8="SEPARATION")) This does not work though. The results return 0 with no errors when the answer should be 1. does anyone else know of a wa...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

link file from virtual windows xp to access 2007 on windows 7 plat
I am trying to link a paradox db file to access 2007 db. The paradox file resides on a virtual windows xp platform within the windows 7 platform of the physical machine. How do I map this field into access? -- cblackman ...

Unhandled exception at 0x10001e80 in EXCEL.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x10001e80.
Hi All, Does somebody know what's a shit is that? I installed XP from scratch, then all service packs and update, VS etc., finally I installed the Office 2000. When I close Excel (and Word as well) I get this error. Unhandled exception at 0x10001e80 in EXCEL.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x10001e80. I installed all service packs and updated over the office, no results. My friend told me that it's a big difference how did we install Office, in what order. If I install the Office exactly after Windows main installation, then install all other packages, updates, ...

pass through query variables
Hi Guys, I am looking for some help with a pass through query. I have a number of reports that allow users to select values from combo box's and want to know how I can pass this data in a pass through query. I have looked through and searched but seem to just get sites that I have to register to get some details, but do not wish to register elsewhere to get some info. If any has an example or links to any sites that would cover this I would appreciate it. An example of what I would want to pass is [forms]![frmReports].[txtsupplierID] [forms]![frmReports].[txtprod...

Puzzling out the Navigation Pane (Access 2007)
Hi All, Been looking at the Access 2007 Navigation Pane as a replacement for the venerable Switchboard. Soo... I can create shortcuts to objects, put those shortcuts in Custom Categories and Groups and Disable the DesignView property of the shortcut. Ok. I can run an autoexec macro to hide all native categories. Fine. What's to prevent the end user from right clicking on the shortcut and enabling DesignView again? ...

administrator denied access to system manager
done a nice silly thing, accidentally changed the permissions on the administrator account to deny full access in the exchange organisation. i used the reg hack to access the security tab. i know that's why it's hidden to prevent things like this, so please dont remind me ;) thing is, although i can do most things from another admin account, i cant get access to that security tab, even with the reg hack for that user. so i cant undo the damage. is there any way or removing those permissions using another tool? i cant add the other amin account to the delegation wizard, it says...

Converting Access 97 to Access 2003 10-14-05
This is my first conversion. Can anyone offer tips on the easiest and safest way to convert a multi user database which was developed in Access 97 to Access 2003? You can try opening A2003, and before opening any database, choose: Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database. If you run into problems, see: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Jane...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 on same workstation
Sorry, this has probably been asked a thousand times. Can I install Access 2007 on a machine with Access 2003 and keep both versions. I used to do this with Access 2000 and 2003. Since I am a developer, I need to test and develope with the customers version. TIA Marcus Yes you can. However, be aware that there's currently a problem so that whenever you switch from one version to the other, it'll take several minutes. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Marcus Smaby" <mrsmaby@msn.mom> wrote in message news:%23...