Dropdown list

How do I get the id value of the selected item in the dropdown list?

0
Man

"Man T" <alanpltse_NOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> How do I get the id value of the selected item in the dropdown list?

Reverse whatever process you used to store the ID.

0
Jeff

Displaying a List of All VBA Procedures in Excel 2007 fromthe Ribb
How can I make this available to any workbook. For instance, I have a system running and it has around 280 modules. you might see the code at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd890502(office.11).aspx or bellow: Option Explicit Private Sub btnClose_Click() Unload Me End Sub Private Sub btnList_Click() ' Declare variables to access the Excel 2007 workbook. Dim objXLApp As Excel.Application Dim objXLWorkbooks As Excel.Workbooks Dim objXLABC As Excel.Workbook ' Declare variables to access the macros in the workbook. Dim VBAEditor ...

Importing Item List for the first time
We are currently change over from Quickbooks Accounting 2002 Pro to MS Retail Management System and need to know the easist way to import item list into MS POS. -- Dan Hausbeck Dan, Easiest is to upgrade to QB 2003 or higher. Then follow these instructions; https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836444 Otherwise, does 2002 give you the ability to export a report to Excel? If so, create a report of your inventory items, export to an Excel file and then use the unsupported RMS Import Utility, again in CustomerSource. I think you are going to _have_ to upda...

Distribution Lists residing on exchange servers
Hi All, I am trying to export distribution lists in Outlook 2003 to load onto another comupter that is on another domain. Here is the scenario: Computer A is on domain 1. Network migration occurs. Computer A is now on domain 2. I want to take the GAL from domain 1, and put it into their outlook on domain 2 (I don't need it to be updated). The two domains are totally seperate from each other... (i do not own domain 1, i DO own domain 2). I've tried several methods like creating a new data file copying info to it, then opening the file in the other domain. I have been unsuccessfu...

two Global Address Lists
Is it possible to have one exchange 2003 server with two Global address lists? I have two companies with two different domains running off of one Exchange 2003 server and i want two Global address lists. I have created two Global address lists but they do not show up for some reason. Anyone know why? See the article: 822940 How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822940 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------- >Fro...

Validation list based on criteria
Hi I want to create a data validation list based on certain conditions. Let me try to explain by example. A1 = oranges B1 = oranges A2 = apples B2 = no record A3 = pears B3 = pears A4 = pears B4 = pears A5 = grapes B5 = grapes A6 = apples B6 = no record B:B value is based on a relative formula determined by the value in A A:A can have duplicate values I want to create a validation list based on B:B where the formula result is “no record” The list needs to be populated with the relative value in A For example: Since B2 and B6 = “no record” then the validat...

Lotus Notes has an All Documents list
Just moved from Lotus Notes which has a feature which gives a view of all documents received and sent which is very helpful if you have a document that has gone in the wrong folder or you need to check if it was ever received/sent. Does Outlook have a similar feature? Well, you could create a search folder that showed all items with attachments. That sounds pretty close to what you're asking for. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: ...

Showing list of range names available for formulas??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I know this MUST be possible in Excel...but I can't seem to find it. I have named ranges. I am entering a formula and want to refer to a range name. I don't remember exactly what I called it, or it has a long name that I don't want to have to type. Can't I use some sort of function key to just show a list of the available named ranges, so that I can point to the one I want? In excel for windows, we used a function key (can't recall which one). <br> Thanks, <br> hjd Rev...

Up/down arrows don't work with data validation list/in-cell dropdown
I have a number of worksheets where I use the in-cell dropdown (from list) function of data validation. When I open the list by either clicking on the drop down button or by pressing Alt-Down arrow, the only way I can move through the list is to grab the scroll bar itself and move it down. The up and down buttons do not function nor does clicking in the open space just above or below the scroll bar. Any ideas as to what is causing this? David Jones David, I just set up an entire column with Data Validation with List. I used 39 entries in the list. The up/down buttons are working as they ...

v2003 XML Map, Enumeration to drop-down list
I have XSD files with enumerations to constrain the value of specific elements. I want to use Excel to enter data using the XSD. When I apply the XSD as an XML Map I can assign a cell to each element and create a List which will get exported as an XML document. All good so far. For the cells that are constrained, if I don't enter a proper enumerated value into a cell, when I export I get a message like this: 'element' violates enumeration constraint of 'a b c d e'. The element {URIpath}Name with value 'foo' failed to parse. If I ensure that I enter correct case-...

Open with list
I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed the "open with" list did not have iTunes. No big deal, I could select iTunes from my Applications, but why is it not on that list - and how can I add it to that list? Registering programs with the "Open With" dialog: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/openwithadd.htm ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:43:59 -0600, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: >I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed th...

Retain drop down lists in Excel when saved as HTML
We are using MS Excel 2007. We have a spreadsheet which uses drop down lists (implemented using the standard method - validation referencing a named list). We want to save it in Excel-based HTML format so that a user can click directly on the file name in a SharePoint list and it will open directly in IE (rather than having to open the Exel file. This also works when you embed the hyperlink to the Excel-based web page in a standard SharePoint workspace page. If the user wants to edit the file they still have to go in via SharePoint and select the "Edit using MS Excel&...

Making a list of all persons in a table in a corresponding form.
Hi all, In a database of mine I have a table containing persons' name, address and so on. In the corresponding form I have of course all the fields where the users put in the data. In this form I want to have a list showing all the persons in the table as well, so that the users can click the right person in the list and have his or her data filled into the fields. I have tried to make a table form from the same table and include it as a subform. This, however, was not successful because the subform only showed the person in focus in the form, not all the persons in the table. Also...

What is differeence in opening a feature from the Outlook Bar or Folder List
in Outlook 2002. Seems extremely redundant. TIA normc wrote: > in Outlook 2002. > > Seems extremely redundant. > > TIA > I just noticed that one can also open some of the features from VIEW | GO TO, but the set available is not the same as in the Outlook Bar or the Folder List sets. Is this some kind of reduncancy again? TIA Nothing. Some people prefer to keep the Folder List visible, others the Outlook Bar. You choose which you prefer. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, a...

I want to send autom fax using a distribution list
I live in USA. I create a distribution list with 125 fax numbers in Honduras. All the fax numbers are +011 (504) number, but the fax in Windows XP don't recognize that list. What can I do? You can start by not multiposting. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "JLG" <JLG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED7BFC16-71A5-4800-A36C-000E85163913@microsoft.com... >I live in USA. I create a distribution list with 125 fax numbers in >Honduras. > All the fax numbers are +011 (504) number, but the fax in Windows XP don't > recognize that list. What can...

multiple dependent drop down lists
Hi, I am trying to implement multiple cascading drop down lists. I have two worksheets: a user one (with the dropdown lists and data tobe displayed) and a master one (with variables and data). on the master sheet, variables may be identical in a column but combination of all variables in a row is unique. Here's an example of my data worksheet (I use non standard characters and spaces in each column) var1 var2 var3 data1 data2 data3 A AA AAA 1 2 3 A AA BBB 4 5 6 A BB AAA 7 8 9 B BB AAA 10 11 12 B BB BBB 13...

How do I unpin an item from the list?
In addition to Word 2007 refusing to save documents unless I change the name I now have an old version pinned to the list and it refuses to unpin. Why is this happening, and how can I correct it? I am using Win7 Professional. "Viv" <Viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F370AAFF-607C-4816-AA0E-A53A944CB026@microsoft.com... > In addition to Word 2007 refusing to save documents unless I change the > name > I now have an old version pinned to the list and it refuses to unpin. Why > is > this happening, and how can I correct it? &g...

Distribution List Auto Respond
Hello all, Do any of you know of a way to have Exchange auto respond to messages sent to a distribution list? I do not want to turn on the Send Out-of-Office Messaegs to originator option on because all of the members will have their own OOF messages set up during our Holiday Closure (1 week). The desire is that when people send a message to our Help Desk DL during our closure they would receive a message in return stating that we are closed for the holidays. Thanks for any help with this. Mike Seattle Pacific University You may have to remove everyone from the DL except a temp user wi...

How do I remove an investment from the investment list
MS Money Deluxe 2007 on Windows XP. I can add and update investments, but can't figure out how to remove them. Any ideas? Also, I closed a previous 401k account after rolling over the cash to a rollover IRA account. But Money still thinks the mutual fund positions in that 401k account are there. Well, those funds do NOT show in "portfolio manager", but they are still there as far as Money is concerned. Sometimes I would get an alert saying that I have not updated the prices for those funds for a long time. What's happening here? If those positions somehow have ...

Nest members of a query-based distribution list
Hello Is there any way to nest members of a query-based distribution list within the list on the global address list and maybe make the list title bold. I know this can be done but cannot see where to do it Thanks Robin It's ok I have managed it now http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us Thanks anyway Robin "robinwilson16" wrote: > Hello > > Is there any way to nest members of a query-based distribution list within > the list on the global address list and maybe make the list title bold. > > I know this can be done but cannot see where to do it...

Jump to part of Validation List
I have a cell with Validation from a list. How do I make it so that when the user hits say the 'h' key when the validation list is displayed, the list jumps to the first entry that begins with 'h' ? *Note: Posted this same question in Excel Programming, but then found this forum. I thought the question may have been too basic for the techie programmers. You can't do it with Data|Validation. But maybe a combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar would work for you.... Metro wrote: > > I have a cell with Validation from a list. How do I make it so that when t...

display a drop-down list based on the content of another cell
I want to display a drop-down validation list for a target cell only if the vlaue in another cell meets or exceeds a numerical threshold. If the threshold is not met, I want to force the target cell to remain blank. Cell A contents -----> Cell B contents < 100 must be blank >= 100 may only be "red" or "green" or "blue" Using MS Office Excel 2003 Joe, without VBA you can have a Custom data validation with the following formula: =IF(A1<100, B1="", OR(B1="a", B1=...

How do I create a mailing list with current data in Excel?
I have a list of names, addresses and I would like to make it a list that can be used in a mail merge. Is this possible and how? http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Amanda" <Amanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:095EF751-B349-4C6C-BA5B-9D91ADF7DA9E@microsoft.com... >I have a list of names, addresses and I would like to make it a list that >can > be used in a mail merge. Is this possible and how? ...

Print email message with list of attachments

not listed as solution advisor
HISTORY: In the past we had USER1 using CRM. We later removed USER1 within CRM, but found that it didn't release the CRM license. Matt Parks help us by instructing us on removing the userid from the systemuserbase and systemuserlicense tables in SQL Manager. This worked and we were able to recover our license and reissue to another new user by using Deployment Manager. PRESENT: So here we are months later and USER1 is back. Using Deployment Manager, we attempted to add this user again as we have 1 available license. We got through the wizard until the end when we received the error...

List Control on DialogBox
Hi, I have class CPanelListCtrl derived from CListCtrl. I would like to create List Control on Dialog Box. PreCreateWindow method: BOOL CPanelListCtrl::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class cs.style &= ~LVS_TYPEMASK; cs.style &= ~LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS; cs.style |= LVS_REPORT | LVS_OWNERDRAWFIXED ; m_createStruct = cs; return CListCtrl::PreCreateWindow(cs); } I use 2 Create methods: First one to create the window: void CPanelListCtrl::Create(CRect rect, CWnd *parent) { //Register window class CString clas...