Downloading file from Unix not working

I am trying to download a file from a Unix server to my Windows platform and
the file is not being downloaded.  My code is shown below:

FtpWebRequest request = (FtpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(ftpsite);
request.AuthenticationLevel = System.Net.Security.AuthenticationLevel.None;
request.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(UserID, UserPassword);
request.Method = WebRequestMethods.Ftp.DownloadFile;
FtpWebResponse response = (FtpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();
Message.Text = response.StatusDescription;
response.Close();

The variable ftpsite is set to an ftp address such as
"ftp://ftp.myserver/myfile.dat"

When in debug mode I get the response " 125 Data connection already open -
transfer starting".

Do I have to do some kind of timing operation to keep examining the response
to see if I get a download complete message before I close the response?  It
appears that if I go right on through the process without stopping, the
download will not finish.  Can anyone see any errors in my coding?

I have answered my own question after some research.  If anyone wants to know
how to download a file from an ftp server to the PC here is the  amended code:

FtpWebRequest request = (FtpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(ftpsite);
request.AuthenticationLevel = System.Net.Security.AuthenticationLevel.None;
request.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(UserID, UserPassword);
request.Method = WebRequestMethods.Ftp.DownloadFile;
FtpWebResponse response = (FtpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();
Stream responseStream = response.GetResponseStream();
StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(responseStream);
string record = "";
StreamWriter wr = new StreamWriter(fileName);
    while (reader.Peek() > 0)
    {
           record = reader.ReadLine();
           wr.Write(record);
    }
reader.Close();
wr.Close();

"Parrot" wrote:

> I am trying to download a file from a Unix server to my Windows platform and
> the file is not being downloaded.  My code is shown below:
>
> FtpWebRequest request = (FtpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(ftpsite);
> request.AuthenticationLevel = System.Net.Security.AuthenticationLevel.None;
> request.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(UserID, UserPassword);
> request.Method = WebRequestMethods.Ftp.DownloadFile;
> FtpWebResponse response = (FtpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();
> Message.Text = response.StatusDescription;
> response.Close();
>
> The variable ftpsite is set to an ftp address such as
> "ftp://ftp.myserver/myfile.dat"
>
> When in debug mode I get the response " 125 Data connection already open -
> transfer starting".
>
> Do I have to do some kind of timing operation to keep examining the response
> to see if I get a download complete message before I close the response?  It
> appears that if I go right on through the process without stopping, the
> download will not finish.  Can anyone see any errors in my coding?

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

downloading
After downloading from bank I have 26 items that do not show up in my account register. How do I access these items? This is the first time that this has happened. In microsoft.public.money, Gary wrote: >After downloading from bank I have 26 items that do not >show up in my account register. How do I access these >items? This is the first time that this has happened. In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then open Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box. ...

Public Folder link to Excel File

can i download lxce serv.exe

Renaming Partial File Names

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

why does my spell check not work?
My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? In what program / version "karen" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8883BD-0958-4AB0-93FF-F43E4FB9D176@microsoft.com... > My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? ...

Date function quit working

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro