Display a PDF in a Windows Form.

I've got a kiosk program that displays information that runs unattended. I
need to have the ability to put PDF up on the screen. I have other stuff on
the screen that needs to still be displayed.

Adobe opens as a new window with menus and whatnot so this is not
acceptable.

Does anybody know of a way to display a PDF in a winform? I don't need any
of the menus or stuff like that - just display the pdf. It would also be
nice if I could programmatically control what page it's displaying so I
could display multiple pages in succession.

TIA - Jeff.

0
Mr

"Mr. Magic" <Mufasa@NoWhere.Com> wrote in message

> I've got a kiosk program that displays information that runs unattended. I
> need to have the ability to put PDF up on the screen. I have other stuff
> on the screen that needs to still be displayed.
>
> Adobe opens as a new window with menus and whatnot so this is not
> acceptable.
>
> Does anybody know of a way to display a PDF in a winform? I don't need any
> of the menus or stuff like that - just display the pdf. It would also be
> nice if I could programmatically control what page it's displaying so I
> could display multiple pages in succession.

Check out the ActiveX control whose ProgID is AcroPDF.PDF. It's in
AcroPDF.dll.

0
Jeff
4/21/2010 2:48:29 PM
When I try to run it, I get a Class Not Registered message. When I looked at
how to register it, which involves using aximp.exe, when I run aximp it
tells me AxImp Error: Did not find a registered ActiveX control in
'c:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash\flash10e.ocx'.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA - Jeff.

"Jeff Johnson" <i.get@enough.spam> wrote in message
> "Mr. Magic" <Mufasa@NoWhere.Com> wrote in message
>
>> I've got a kiosk program that displays information that runs unattended.
>> I need to have the ability to put PDF up on the screen. I have other
>> stuff on the screen that needs to still be displayed.
>>
>> Adobe opens as a new window with menus and whatnot so this is not
>> acceptable.
>>
>> Does anybody know of a way to display a PDF in a winform? I don't need
>> any of the menus or stuff like that - just display the pdf. It would also
>> be nice if I could programmatically control what page it's displaying so
>> I could display multiple pages in succession.
>
> Check out the ActiveX control whose ProgID is AcroPDF.PDF. It's in
> AcroPDF.dll.

0
Mr
4/21/2010 5:32:13 PM
There are different ways to do this, but I found using the webbrowser
component on a window form very easy.
Just set the webbrowser's url to the complete file name .

> When I try to run it, I get a Class Not Registered message. When I looked
> at how to register it, which involves using aximp.exe, when I run aximp it
> tells me AxImp Error: Did not find a registered ActiveX control in
> 'c:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash\flash10e.ocx'.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> TIA - Jeff.
>
> "Jeff Johnson" <i.get@enough.spam> wrote in message
>> "Mr. Magic" <Mufasa@NoWhere.Com> wrote in message
>>
>>> I've got a kiosk program that displays information that runs unattended.
>>> I need to have the ability to put PDF up on the screen. I have other
>>> stuff on the screen that needs to still be displayed.
>>>
>>> Adobe opens as a new window with menus and whatnot so this is not
>>> acceptable.
>>>
>>> Does anybody know of a way to display a PDF in a winform? I don't need
>>> any of the menus or stuff like that - just display the pdf. It would
>>> also be nice if I could programmatically control what page it's
>>> displaying so I could display multiple pages in succession.
>>
>> Check out the ActiveX control whose ProgID is AcroPDF.PDF. It's in
>> AcroPDF.dll.

0
Mel

faxing form
Is there a way to fax the form page via the fax modem on my computer? Create a report based on your form then fax the resulting report. Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=231797 hopefully it is what you are looking for. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault If this post was helpful, please rate it by using the vote buttons. "He cries for help" wrote: > Is there a way to fax the form page via the fax modem on my computer? "He cries for help" <Hecriesforhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:252D07EA-5886-4B0C-99...

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

reference to master form
Hello there I have master form and inside there is subform. If an event procedure uccur on subform, how can i get refence to the master form in order to change there things when the name of the master form is diffrent always? Roy Look in Access HELP for the "Parent." property. Your code will look something like: Me.Parent.... from within the subform. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "Roy Goldhammer" <roy@ho...

How can I refresh the master form from a subform?
Hello. On the After Update of the subform I am trying to refresh the Master form. I have tried things like Docmd.requery and Me.Refresh, but not sure what I am doing. Can you help me with this? Thanks. Iram Iram wrote: >On the After Update of the subform I am trying to refresh the Master form. I >have tried things like Docmd.requery and Me.Refresh, but not sure what I am >doing. Try using: Parent.Requery -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

Modal Form from a child form
Hi, I have a little problem, I have a MDI form (Main Menu), this form open a child form (A), and I need to open a form B as modal form from form A. I can to this with showDialog(), but it open form B outside MDI form (Main Menu) and it is showed on the windows bar as another application opened. So the question is, there are any way to open a modal form from a child form inside a MDI form? Thanks El Alquimista wrote: > Hi, I have a little problem, I have a MDI form (Main Menu), this form > open a child form (A), and I need to open a form B as modal form from > form A. I c...

Data source for PivotTable-Form in ACCESS 2000
Hi, this drives me crazy, 4 years ago I defined in an ACCESS 2000 application a "PivotTable-Form". The resulting EXCEL table inclusive the "Data refresh" works perfect. I now want to update/change the query for the "Data Source" but cannot find which query is behind the "PivotTable-Form" or behind the resulting EXCEL spreadsheet. When editing the properties for the "PivotTable-Form" or the EXCEL spreadsheet the "Data Source" is always blank. Question: Where does Access 2000 or EXCEL 2000 hide the respective data source (Query)...

Money 2006 Investment Account balance display
I have two Investment Accounts (401k) in Money 2006 Deluxe. For some reason, Money stopped displaying the account totals on the Account List page. It used to show the account balances and the subtotal for all of my investment accounts. Additionally, I now notice that each account now has a second account with the same name, but has the word "Contributions" added in parenthesis. This seems to be new as well. The data in the accounts still seems alright. My investment subtotal on the Account list page shows a zero balance and there is no balance listed for the accounts the...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Tying tables to forms
I have four connected tables that work well as table input but when I put them in a form some of the fields will not let me make entries. Does this happen because I am using the Id fields and subsequent data from the wrong tables? -- Taylor It sounds like you have created a non-updatable form. One cautionary note first: Don't tie your forms directly to the tables. Use queries instead. The queries will act as a stop light for which data is written and when. If more than one person tries to make a change to the same record at the same time, you will run into problems. From wha...

Stop Buttons showing when opening up form
I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any Help.....Bob Private Sub ckbHelp_Click() If ckbHelp = True Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True End If If ckbHelp = False Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False End If End Sub Bob, In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No Regards/Jacob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote i...

Using Excel to design business forms
I have been using excel hit and miss to design business forms. I have been pretty successful but in many places I have found myself doing many inelegant things to get stuff to layout. Is there a good place to start looking to see how this is done properly, as I have seen many well done forms produced in excel. ...

Outlook 2000
I'm having a strange Outlook issue and cannot figure it out for the life of me. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5 (can't recall the SP right now), and the Client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. The user can view his primary email box without any troubles, but also has access to another Exchange email box. He can view every folder in it except the Sent Items. The error it returns is "Unable to display the folder". What's strange is he can view the subfolder in Sent Items, no problem. I've configured his email on a different PC, and everything shows up fine, so I know ...

Cannot view any form in crm 3.0
We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities, calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that with an restricted access code i can't do much. I have tried assigning different roles ...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

close all windows
is there any way to get access to close all the open windows usingVBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael Dim frm as FormFor each frm in Forms Docmd.Closenext frmOn Mar 20, 10:15 am, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> DoCmd.Quit>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>>>> "michael goodall" wrote:> > is there any way to get access to close all the open windows using> > VBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -...

Minimizing form
Hi How can I minimize the current form? Thanks Regards DoCmd.Minimize in a command button code or other event. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:uBcRcE73HHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > > > How can I minimize the current form? > > > > Thanks > > > > Regards > > ...

window client area...
Hi, After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns huge numbers that don't make sense. Please help. Thanks. Tony Try GetClientRect() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FD6826E.1030603@srac.com... > Hi, > > After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how > to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns >...

how can i present a JPG in a window having cell with the path?
I build a catalog for coins collection with Excel. each row represents a coin (record). in two cells (fields) i have a path to both sides of the coin scanned as a JPG files in the specific directory. i would like the following scenario: when i stand on a specific row (any cell), the relevant images are presented in 2 big windows. when i move to another row, the image automatically changes etc. i would like also to control the size of the window. would appreciate your help, thanks, sam Hi Sam See if this gets you started: Insert an Image1 from the activex coltrols toolbox. S...

Embedded Pictures received from Others do not display in outlook.
I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. When e-mails are received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook Express but do not display at all in Outlook. Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to allow these pictures to be displayed? PLEASE HELP!!!! Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. When e-mails are > received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook > Express but do not display at all in Outlook. > > Is this related to a securi...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

Sum of values in a form
Folks, I have read numerous threads on this topic, and understand that in order for my Sum() to work I need t ensure all references are made back to the Record Source. I have endeavoured to do this, but am still getting #Error. I am trying to Sum the revenue each tenant provides in a given date range, to give a total revenue figure. If the date range is a whole month, then the expression just takes the value of Rent PCM, and not Rent PCM * No. of Days, which would give some unusual results. My Expression looks like this: =Sum(Nz(IIf([Short Let]=-1,[Rent pcm],IIf(Day([Forms]...