C# working with office tools

  I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server 2008.
I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them
together with a table of contents in a c#.net 2008. I then want to export
these reports into an electronic format to email to users.

  Can you give me suggestions on how to accomplish this task?

On 20/03/2010 18:15, Wendy Elizabeth wrote:
>    I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server 2008.
> I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them
> together with a table of contents in a c#.net 2008. I then want to export
> these reports into an electronic format to email to users.
>
>    Can you give me suggestions on how to accomplish this task?
How about writing your reports in a word processor, I always thought
that is what they were for :)
Zach
0
Zach
3/22/2010 12:35:26 PM
"Wendy Elizabeth" <WendyElizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D012D45A-2D4D-46B3-9CCA-9DA0A8F4CDBC@microsoft.com...

>  I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server
> 2008.
> I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them
> together with a table of contents in a c#.net 2008. I then want to export
> these reports into an electronic format to email to users.
>
>  Can you give me suggestions on how to accomplish this task?

Firstly, I wouldn't use any Office tools or SQL Server Report Server for
this.

Instead, I'd interface directly with SQL Server, fetch the data I require,
and then create a PDF for emailing to the users.

I use this: http://www.siberix.com/ - there are many others...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

0
Mark
3/22/2010 1:29:31 PM
"Wendy Elizabeth" <WendyElizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D012D45A-2D4D-46B3-9CCA-9DA0A8F4CDBC@microsoft.com...

>  I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server
> 2008.
> I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them
> together with a table of contents in a c#.net 2008. I then want to export
> these reports into an electronic format to email to users.

WHAT electronic format? Text in the body of the message itself? An
attachment? What kind? This is the first thing you need to define.

0
Jeff
3/22/2010 5:59:21 PM
I need to export the data to word. One of the reports will allow a data to
write their
comments on the data they used reviewed.

"Mark Rae [MVP]" wrote:

> "Wendy Elizabeth" <WendyElizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:D012D45A-2D4D-46B3-9CCA-9DA0A8F4CDBC@microsoft.com...
>
> >  I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server
> > 2008.
> > I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them
> > together with a table of contents in a c#.net 2008. I then want to export
> > these reports into an electronic format to email to users.
> >
> >  Can you give me suggestions on how to accomplish this task?
>
> Firstly, I wouldn't use any Office tools or SQL Server Report Server for
> this.
>
> Instead, I'd interface directly with SQL Server, fetch the data I require,
> and then create a PDF for emailing to the users.
>
> I use this: http://www.siberix.com/ - there are many others...
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

To: "Jeff Johnson"

To answer your

"Jeff Johnson" wrote:

> "Wendy Elizabeth" <WendyElizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:D012D45A-2D4D-46B3-9CCA-9DA0A8F4CDBC@microsoft.com...
>
> >  I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server
> > 2008.
> > I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them
> > together with a table of contents in a c#.net 2008. I then want to export
> > these reports into an electronic format to email to users.
>
> WHAT electronic format? Text in the body of the message itself? An
> attachment? What kind? This is the first thing you need to define.
>

> .

Can not run the migration tool a second time
What fields do I need to reset to run the migration tool a second time on data that I cleaned up. The DestinationID's are null for the fields, the status code is 0. The entity Migration Code field has a value of 1 and the entity fields migration code also has a value of one the testbatch is null. I was sure all I need to do is make sure the destinationid was null and then run the process to get the tool to process the records ...

no SCL rates IMF not working
Hello, I have installed sp2 for IMF. However in event viewer "An error occurred while loading Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Messsage Filter. The error code is 0x80004005" appears. I did as microsoft recommends and re-installed the sp2 with no change. Performance viewer shows that "total messages scanned for UCE :" is increasing. However i see no SCL rating 0-9 for none of the messages scanned. It seems that IMF is not acting at all, there is a detail i miss. and i am confused of what is wrong. thank you for any advice you give me. Savvas This may help: http://ww...

Name Format is not Working
We have a brand new install of Microsoft CRM 3.0.5300. Under the Name Format under Home...Settings...Organization Settings...System Settings...General Tab it is set to "First Name Last Name", when I change it to "Last Name, First Name" and click OK twice, the setting does not stick. When I open up the System Settings again it states "First Name Last Name" under the Name Format and it does not appear that I can change this. Has anyone else seen this before? Jack Bender You have to do this things to make changes on organization settings: first open report...

Work Order Change History
Is there a way in RMS to show the progression of a work order that has been changed, from the original work order to the final one? Assume that a work order was entered into the system containing a variety of inventory items and services. Along the way (prior to final delivery) the work order was changed several times. New items were added, and original items were removed. Also, prices on some items were changed. What we are looking for is a history or audit trail of that work order, from start to finish. By "audit trail" I mean the ability to see the work order in each ...

Code that works on XP but not on Vista
Hi. I have this code in a switchboard form and it works perfectly in the windows xp but not on Vista. Why? I'm using Office 2003 Thanks, Marco "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61CB5394-E259-4B2E-9279-5C968E516387@microsoft.com... > Hi. > > I have this code in a switchboard form and it works perfectly in the > windows > xp but not on Vista. > > Why? > > I'm using Office 2003 > > Thanks, > Marco What code is that, then? sorry. Option Compare Database Option Explicit Const conNumButtons = 8 C...

Upgrade to Office 2008
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I purchased the Standard Edition of Office for Mac last December and understand that a cheap (or free?!) upgrade to 2008 is available before the end of March 2008. How do I get this? I have been told something about a 'redemption certificate' available on the website and instructions on how to use... can't find it or any reference to the upgrade (available in high street stores in the UK for �15+ if you purchased Office 2004 from them... which I didn't). Purchased Office 2004 through an authorized Mac resel...

how can read tradition chinese in office v.x
I currently use Mac OS x 10.2 on my ibook, I have a excel file that included few tradition chinese word, but I can't see, how can I do??? danehill <123@123.com> wrote: > I currently use Mac OS x 10.2 on my ibook, I have a excel file that included > few tradition chinese word, but I can't see, how can I do??? You can't as far as I know... You need Unicode support for that and it came only with Office 2004. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS ...

my spell check is not working for my entire document
MY spell check is not working, I have version 2003. When I go to tools and language than set language and uncheck the do not check spelling and grammar and hit ok it will check for names and only a few words. But when I go back into language the box is checked again, and I have tried this several times. I rechecked the document after I went under options to see if the box for hide spelling errors in this document is checked and is not. Please help me!! Did you select all the text in the document (Ctrl+A) before clearing the "Do not check" box? -- Suzanne S. ...

Auto compact not working in access 2002
I have just come across a rather odd error message: Over a network I have an Access 2002 front end (xx.mdb) and an Access 97 backend. if I have the front end Auto compact on close, I get this message when I quit the application: Could not use "c:\xx\xx.mdb"; file already in use Sometimes when I double click on the xx.mdb file - I also get an error that the file may be corrupt but then it starts fineanyway after I click OK. Thanks in advance The implication is that someone else is using the front-end when you're exiting it. You shouldn't be sharing front-ends. Each use...

Is there anything C# can do and VB.NET cannot
I am learning VB.NET for sometime now and curious to know what am I missing by not learning C#. Also wanted to know is there anything VB.NET can do and C# cannot. Looks like C# getting popular day by day. Thanks for your guidence. Dan Dan wrote: > I am learning VB.NET for sometime now and curious to know what am I missing > by not learning C#. > Also wanted to know is there anything VB.NET can do and C# cannot. > > Looks like C# getting popular day by day. > > Thanks for your guidence. > Dan There are a few obscure things VB.NET can do th...

CRM Does it work?
Hello all CRM users. I have recently been told by several VARs that CRM 1.2 just flat out has too many problems. 1. CRM does not synch sometimes. 2. The Outlook client sometimes does not work correctly offline. What are the current user's thoughts of CRM 1.2 and do you like MS CRM overall and what errors have you found that you cannot get past? Thanks, Joe Luster potential CRM user I wonder if they are trying to sell you some other product? We have many customers who use CRM. We typically do not advise they use the outlook client as the primary client, we have them use the web a...

Memorising User name & Password not working
Every time I wish to download email in Outlook 2002 a dialog comes up asking for the User name & password on each of my 5 email accounts. The box for memorising these items has always been checked as it has also in all my email accounts. Very time consuming. How do I eliminate it? Never had this problem with Windows ME and the details in Tools/Options/Email Accounts are identical. "Deano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1b5e01c49a3b $9510a320$a301280a@phx.gbl: > > Every time I wish to download email in Outlook 2002 a > dialog comes u...

Win Messenger in Office (Outlook) 2003?
How can I disable Messenger in Office 2003? Tools->options->Other. Uncheck messenger "maigheu" <maigheu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B6C9547-674F-44B0-8BE2-7CA5C9FE78E4@microsoft.com... > How can I disable Messenger in Office 2003? "maigheu" wrote: > How can I disable Messenger in Office 2003? ...

How to amend dates on visio office move template
I've just downloaded the office move template and am trying to update the dates so that I can use it for my own office move - but it just keeps going back to the original - I've tried to amend the timeline but that just squashes everything to the right? ...

Can you change the name for your columns from A, B, C, ETC to oth.
Can you change the names of the columns in a spreadsheet to something other than A, B, C, D, etc.? 1 2 3 4 or put labels on the 1st row -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Alyce Newell" <Alyce Newell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B809C7D9-ECE4-43DC-A5D1-1A90C1C6DAC3@microsoft.com... > Can you change the names of the columns in a spreadsheet to something other > than A, B, C, D, etc.? > > No. But you can add titles in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to keep those titles in view. Select B2 to keep row 1 and ...

MS Office 2003 wants a product key after installed for 3 years???
I have MS Office for Students and Teachers 2003. The first computer it was installed on was stolen however I re-installed it to my newer one and it has been fine for the past 3 years when I installed it to the newer PC. In Jan 2010. Word and Powerpoint won't open, the windows installer comes up and then it asks for my Product Key, which I have but it won't recognize. However Excel still opens and runs fine. Why would only some components of this package function?? And why is it asking for my product key now? I thought this software was a one-shot deal, meaning you b...

No Formulas are working!
I'm using a workbook that was setup by a different user. When I double click into ANY cell that contains a formula, the formula stops working and is then changed into text in the cell. When I try to enter a new formula (even VERY simple one's) the only thing that appears in the cell is the formula text! I have NO clue. I've made sure the autocalcuate is turned on. This is because the cell format is set on "text" and not on anything else (usual: standard") maybe you can change it for every cell: go into the menue format > Style and change this form...

CRM Cannot Go Online -- Button Doesn't Work
CRM Go-Onlie Button Doesn't Work . I have a client whose go-online button doesnt' work. We are running CRM 3.0 on Rollup 1 and service pack 2 with Office 2003. We do have an exchange server 2007. Thank you, Tishaa When you say the button doesn't work, do you mean that clicking on the button produces no result, or that errors occur during the Go Online process? If clicking the button produces no result, try opening Advanced Find or a new phone call record from the toolbar. If those also don't work, then check to make sure the CRM add-in is not disabled: in Outlo...

Problem with Office 2003 SP3
In Access 2003, I have a Combo box in a form with one of the columns formatted Yes/No (the table the data comes from is also yes/no data). When the Combo Box was dropped-down, the column correctly showed "Yes" or "No"...until I installed Office 2003 SP3. Now, the column shows "-1" or "0" now matter that the format property is set to "Yes/No". Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Brossyg Change the SQL To Rowsource: Select MyField, Format(MyField,"yes/no") As Display From MyTable change the column count to 2...

Office 2007 security problem 03-29-10
We have a series of Word 2003 templates. These templates sit on a network folder with NT security permissions of Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read, and Write. Not Modify. A user can open these templates, make a change and save the changes using Word 2003. The same user using an Office 2007 installation receives an error message of "Access denied. Contact your administrator". Does anyone know why? ...

Cannot access office out, getting POP3 Reporting Error 0X80042108
Hi there, i understand MS made some changes and now i am locked out from my MS Office Outlook. I get a POP3 Reporting Error # 0X80042108. The server does not recognize me. Is there any instructions on how to set or re-set this? Is there any REAL PERSON i can talk to for FREE Tech Support??? Thanks, Ray @ manauto@msn.com The changes were to how Outlook pulls Hotmail. Verify your settings against this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514/en-us "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23A6252E-7B5F-454D-BB5A-5C9AB2B24DCD@microsoft.com... > Hi there...

seeing if email is working
"robert8653@att.net" <robert8653@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA2C7AD3-3DC2-4C89-A3C1-1396CF755E4E@microsoft.com... It is and you've just published your email address for all the world to see and spam. However this is not the place for any such tests, Try at: microsoft.public.test.here -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com ...

registering for .NET events from MFC C++ (How)?
Folks, I have a C# .NET Assembly that is called from an MFC C++ application. The assembly is marked as COM visible so I'm accessing the assembly from MFC C++ via COM. Everything works great but here is my question: I need to create an event in the .NET Assembly and have the MFC C++ application register for this event and handle the event. Can anyone provide an example or a link for doing this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, -- Anthony Yott It is mush easier if you add CLR support to your MFC app. "Anthony Yott" <anthonyyott@hotmail.com> д���ʼ� ...

tool for updating CRM data
Hi, We have the following scenario: we have quite large CRM installation and some parts of the data are not in very good shape. Especially the account and contact data is something that needs cleaning. There are duplicates, triples and perhaps even more of same accounts or contacts. Also address information and other data for accounts and contacts are not up to date. We have selected a partner who have quite good account and contact database and they offer service for cleaning the data. They are doing it to excel sheet into which we need to export our CRM accounts and contacts. They do not t...

Which Mac Office 2004 licenses have I used?
Hey there - we're struggling with office 2004 at the moment; we must have installed the same license key on more than iMac - can someone tell me how to check which of our 3 licenses we've used? We have a 3 license version, installed twice and they won't let each other run simultaneously (without pulling out one of the network cables that is) Thanks! Alan Melbourne Hiya to change the licence: 1. run the Office Removal tool, you will find it here: Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office/ RemoveOffice 2. When the first screen appear "Welcome to r...