C# programs startup with an error dialog box

Hello,

I have a problem with .NET programs (C# written using Visual Studio
2005) that are running on a particular computer. When I execute the
programs, there is a delay followed by a dialog box with the name of
the executable on the title bar. There is an error icon with an OK
button. There is no other information displayed.  After pressing the
OK button the application exits.

I tried to compile a simple WinForms application. It runs okay on my
apps development PC, but when transferred to and run on the other PC,
it crashes with the same error.

I tried to reload the dot Net 2.0 framework, selecting the repair
option. After doing this the error persists. What could be causing
this?  I am fairly sure it is not a virus or such as this computer
does not connect to the internet. I will check for this however.

Thanks for any ideas on the cause of this error.

Mike

0
eljainc

eljainc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with .NET programs (C# written using Visual Studio
> 2005) that are running on a particular computer. When I execute the
> programs, there is a delay followed by a dialog box with the name of
> the executable on the title bar. There is an error icon with an OK
> button. There is no other information displayed.  After pressing the
> OK button the application exits.
>
> I tried to compile a simple WinForms application. It runs okay on my
> apps development PC, but when transferred to and run on the other PC,
> it crashes with the same error.
>
> I tried to reload the dot Net 2.0 framework, selecting the repair
> option. After doing this the error persists. What could be causing
> this?  I am fairly sure it is not a virus or such as this computer
> does not connect to the internet. I will check for this however.
>
> Thanks for any ideas on the cause of this error.

Well, in order to find out what the real problem is, you're going to
have to put some messageboxes in your program to tell you where it's at
during certain points in the execution at start-up.

If you don't have exception handling in the program doing a stack trace,
which will give the line number of the line and possible program name
that caused the problem, then it's going to be though for you to find
the problem.

You should put the exception handling at the start of the program that
encompasses all code that's being executed at startup.

0
Mr

Errors saving to network drive

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Error loading XML into DataSet

Run time error 5 : HQClient

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

delivery failure error
"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to" then says user unknown, even though other comupters don't have that problem. I get this error for a few clients, yet other clients can email the same address. I have Windows small business server 2000, I am pretty sure everything has updated patches. I know i security updates automatically. My clients are an updated Windows XP SR 1 with Office 2003(outlook) SR1. ...

on Writexml error
(Type your message here) Hi all, I have a XML file as a datasource. I read that file using dataset.readxml.Then in that dataset I make some changes. Now I want to write that changed dataset by overwriting the file that was created initially. I someone please tell me how to do it. -------------------------------- From: ratnesh gupta ----------------------- Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/) <Id>sCyOfoucUUyYsxAsNxg9AA==</Id> ...

Excel error 1706

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Error with Bold
What's wrong? With Worksheets("Recent") Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End with Take a look at the activesheet. I bet that range is bolded. But if you want Recent to be the sheet with the change, add a couple of dots. With Worksheets("Recent") .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End With Without those dots, the range refers to the activesheet (if the code is in a general module). crapit wrote: > > What's wrong? > With Worksheets("Recent") > Range(Cells(1...

Oulook 2003 dial up sync errors
we are using outlook 2003 will all current updates insatlled and are using cashed exchange mode. our operating system is windows 2000 SP4 with all the current updates as well. when the user connects and hits f9 to sync we get the following error in the sync log (i have run detect and repair and removed and recreated the users outlook profile) any suggestions??: 18:57:44 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 18:57:44 Could not connect to public folder server. 18:57:44 [8004011D-526-80040115-0] 18:57:44 The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are networ...

Error loading outlook 2003
Hey Guys need a little help I'm running office 2003 with outlook, I'm using my own exchange server, everytime I load up outlook on one of my workstations it loads up fine until I hit the inbox, once I do that Outlook closes down, I check in the event view and got this error message: "The MOF file created for the outlook service could not be loaded. The error code returned by the MOF Complier is contained in the Record Data. Before the performance counters of this service can be collected by WMI the MOF file will need to be loaded manually." Anyone know a fix inste...

Rule Wizard: "Rules In Error"
I have a blackberry, and I have my outlook forwarding emails to it, but about once a day, I get a message that says "Rules in Error: Error in Rule Execution" and it won't forward any emails after that. I only have one single rule, so it's not a rule conflict. Does anyone know the deal? This is extremely frustrating as sometimes I'll be out of the office during the weekend or at night and won't receive any message for hours on my blackberry, only to find out later that this "Rules in Error" dialog box popped up and it won't forward emails. It see...

Error #5
I've tried to save my transaction data to my desktop. However, each time I try this I get the error "Error reading or writing file "." " Could someone tell me what's going on? ...

Outlook error message
Unable to expand the folder. The rest of folders could not be opened. There are no additional Microsoft Exchange client licenses available. Contact your adminstrator to obtain a client license to use Microsoft Exchange This is the error message that our clients are receiving when attempting to open outlook version 2000 or above to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 server. We do have the available licenses and have already set them up in license manager on the server and then license logging service is started. We keep having to stop and start the License Logging Service and then they can get in fi...

XML Serialization Error of Collection
// Can anyone explain the bizarre XML Serialization behavior seen in the following code. // It seems that a collection can not be XML Serialized if it contains an Add() method // with a single parameter where that parameter is of a type in the System.Data namespace // (or a class derived from something in the System.Data namespace). // Is there any way to prevent this from blowing up? using System; using System.Data; using System.Collections; using System.IO; using System.Xml.Serialization; namespace XMLStub { /// <summary>A simple class that holds a collection of ints.</summary>...

Add a secondary administration group error c1041721
I have added a new administration group for a sub site in Japan and now I am getting the following error: The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is unavailable. Operation: Retrieving mount information ID no: c1041721 Exchange Sytem Manger I get this error when I try and drill down to the new admin group to the First Storage Group. I only get this message on machines on my side of the network. If I remote to the mail server in the new site I am able to drill all the way down and see the mailboxes. I can also see our main site informat...

OE Backup program
Is there a version of "pfbackup.exe" that works for Outlook express running on XP? Ask in an Outlook Express group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, DRG asked: | Is there a version of "pfbackup.exe" that works for Outlook express | running on XP? ...

problem opening up program/file