C#.net click event associated with database error

I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below:

  When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the
'next' button, I am getting the following error:
  'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is
      not registered on the local machine'.

 I think that I  may need to change some setting I have in the visual
studio.net
2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the
'next' button.

  I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating system. When
the click event has occurred, I have just attached an excel 2003 spreadsheet
to a file in the general directory structure.
  This application runs fine in production, this error just occurs in debug
mode.
Thus can you tell me what I could change to fix my problem?

"aaron" <aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below:
>
>  When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the
> 'next' button, I am getting the following error:
>  'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider
> is
>      not registered on the local machine'.
>
> I think that I  may need to change some setting I have in the visual
> studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to
> clicking on the
> 'next' button.

No, you need to install the Jet provider. Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239114

0
Jeff

Return the name of the object I click on in a form
Hi, How do I go about returning the name of an object on a form. For example if I set the "On Click" event procedure on a rectangle object to return: MsgBox Me.Name I get the form name. What I want to do is click on the object and be abe to reference it's properties such as Tag to run other code based in these values. As always any assistance is greatly appreciated. Regards, John Dumay For the name of the control try Screen.ActiveControl.Name For the control itself use Screen.ActiveControl -- AG Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom "John Dumay" <JohnDumay@dis...

Error? Missing banks in Money 2005...
I am missing my bank for downloading in Money 2005 even though it is listed as supported on the Money website. In fact it appears that the list in Money 2005 is about 25% that of what appears on the website. Am I doing something wrong or is Microsoft false advertising their product? Thanks There appear to be a number of missing banks now, but our understanding is that the list will be updated soon. -- "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:414501c49f60$13cb3da0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I am missing my bank for downloading in Money 2005 even &g...

Will a c# program run on any PC?
Hello, I am new to C# and think that it is a very interesting tool. But there is one question I couldn't find an answer til now: Any C# program needs a .NET framework to run to translate the intermediate language to the systems machine language. But will this framework be available everywhere? Is it generaly on any Windows-PC? And how about Linux-PCs? How large is the dependency of a C# program from the version of the framework? Say I develop for framework A, will it run on framework B (B younger than A)? And vice versa? Can there be several framework versions installed o...

Formula causing run-time error in Excel Programming
This is a repost. I have the following line of code that I am trying to drop in a cell via Access VBA but I keep getting a Run-time error 1004, Application-defined or object-defined error. xls.cells(Rw, Col + lngColumn).value = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2:ET_Raw_Data!$C$20000,ROW(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2:ET_Raw_Data!$C$20000)-ROW(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2),0,1)),--(ET_Raw_Data!$A$2:ET_Raw_Data!$A$20000=A" & lngColumn + 1 & "),--(ET_Raw_Data!$D$2:ET_Raw_Data!$D$20000='Feature Request'))" I already have 2 other formulas that are being add...

Public folder1101 event viewer messages
We have Exchange 2000 and outlook 2000. We are getting public folder error messages - error occured on message (xxx) during a background cleanup on database first storage group/public folders. These are safe to ignore however I want to get rid of the messages so that the Exchange server event viewer is clean. How do I find which messages are faulty and how do I remove them from the public folder database. I have been told about message searching but do not know how to do it. thanks Kath On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:08:02 -0700, Kaddie <kathied@tweed.nsw.gov.au(donotspam)> wrote: >...

[ANN] Xinclude.NET 1.2 released
Hello! I'm glad to announce XInclude.NET 1.2 release. What is XInclude.NET ==================== XInclude.NET is free open-source implementation of XInclude 1.0 Working Draft of 10 November 2003 [1] and XPointer Framework Recommendation [2] written in C# for .NET platform. XInclude.NET supports XPointer element(), xmlns(), xpath1() and xpointer() (XPath subset only) schemes. XInclude.NET has been tested using The XInclude Test Suite under Microsoft .NET 1.0 and 1.1 on Windows 2000. Changes since 1.0 release: - Updated to new XInclude syntax and namespace according to new XInclude 1...

unknown error message
what does this message mean and how do i correct it. 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1) ...

Event 5895 Error: Can't clean up the following tables: Activity
I have CRM 1.2 and I have applied rollup 2, but it didn't fix this problem. Any suggestions? Thank you very much. When I do the crmdeletionservice.exe -runonce, it gives med 3 possiblities. Usage. -Install -Remove -Console But I can se in the eventviewer that it is the activity table which is the problem. My only problem is that I don't know how to use the Query Analyzer. Thanks for you answer, I'm sure thats the sollution. Br Steen Hey again I didn't know it was that simple to use the query analyzer :-) I did just as you write in your guide, and it worked perfec...

Net display extended desktop
I've created a html page with microsoft frontpage and in it theres a wmv video. When i open the page, I can watch the video in my main screen, but then when I move it to my extended screen, theres nothing but a black screen. Is there a way I can fix this? Thanks. When you go to your POS screen and press ctrl+F6 is 'show net display' enabled? -- Jenny "Mike" wrote: > I've created a html page with microsoft frontpage and in it theres a wmv video. > When i open the page, I can watch the video in my main screen, but then when > I > move it to my ext...

Best Practices shows 114 GB Database Size limit
I just ran a best practices scan against my Exchange 2003 SP2 Server and it shows that the Mailbox limit is 114 GB. I though the limit was going to be 75 GB in SP2? The value data in the Database Size Limit in GB registry key is 72 hex. DO I have it configured wrong? SHould it read 114 GB in the best practices scan? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- jgarcia 72 Hex is 114 decimal...you need to set it correctly in your registry. "mrjules" <mrjules@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BD7A4CB-DFA0-4485-844F-3BE6A3A56ACE@microsoft.com... >I ju...

Outlook Client error w/MSDE SP4
When I try to install the Outlook Laptop client, it passes through everything but the MSDE Service Pack 4. It gets about halfway through the install and fails saying "User cancelled installation". I didn't do anything to cancel the installation. This happens on two laptops. The laptops are also running SBA, not sure if that's a factor or not. Either of 2 things are happening: you already have a default instance of MSDE installed on the laptops and you need to define an instancename (generally you will want to use the instancename: crm) or your MSDE install has a d...

Excel.Application User-define Error
In trying to solve a Access to Excel data linking problem from Microsoft's site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904953 I am trying to run the example and it dies on Dim xlApp As Excel.ApplicationThe error message I get is "Compile error: User-defined type not defined." Is there something I need to add like a reference in order to get this to work?Mike You need to add a reference to Excel (through Tools | References while in the VB Editor). Personally, I prefer using Late Binding, since setting a reference then limits your application to only those users with the same ...

Converting an Access 97 db to 2003, I got a message "conversion errors encountered - look in conversion errors table". In the table is a single row-- Object Type: Table Object Name: MSysObjects Error Description: -1611: Could not find field 'Description'. This database contains only tables, queries and reports. Any idea what this means? All I can suppose is that some query or report refers to a column called Description in a table that does not contain it. But how to find out which one? David This message probably represents a corruption in the original Access 97 data...

Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted
I am receiving this error message on a client workstation, none of the other 4 users on the LAN are receiving this error. They are using Outlook 2002 connected through an ADSL modem. The user still can send and receive e-mails but this error message always appears. Any one have any ideas? Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted Sean For those of you that have been getting "Sending and Receiving reported error .... connection to server was interrupted" as I have, try creating a new HTTP email account, send and receive a couple of messages from that...

Type mismatch error in Excel
Hello, I receive a type-mismatch error when compiling. The cells being referenced only have dates. Can someone help? Heres some of the code Application.Windows("rpt_BigTicket.xls").Activate a = Range("D:J") b = DateValue(Format(Now(), "mm-dd-yyyy")) - Weekday(Now(), 1) c = Application.VLookup(b, a, 2, False) "This is where the ERROR-13 'Tpye Mismatch occurs' The default property for a range is the .Value property, so a = Range("D:J") is returning an array of values, not a range object. Try something like: Dim a As Range D...

CROSS-POST (also on General)
Hi, when I right-click in the folder list to create a new sub- folder I get an error: >>>> ERROR MSG >>>> Outlook can't read the registry information - Close and restart Outlook - Reinstall Outlook - Reinstall Microsoft Exchange or other e-mail system <<<< END <<<<< we have tried everything, including re-install of Office 2000. We have run this on Windows 2000 Professional.... please help if you have an answer thanks Philip When this error occurred on a Win XP machine (running Outlook 2002), I did a System Restore to fix it. If ...

HELP- error Outlook
What's this mean and how to fix? in error dialogue box: "c:\program~1\micro~2 \office\outlook.exe" Abnormal program termination .. ...

saving file from asp.net
Hi all, I dynamically generate Word Documents from my web application using XmlDocument object and need to save them on a mapped network drive. I use the Save method of XmlDocument object to save documents. Ican save them successfully on local drive on web server. But when I try to save them on a mapped network drive, I get permission denied errors. I made sure that ASPNET had full access right in the folder where I need to save documents. I also tried using UNC path, but that also does not work. Can someone please point to what I may be doing wrong and explain the whole setup proces...

Database Field Sizes.
I have two small problems, firstly Can the Matrix Description field size be increased to 40/60 chars at present too small. or is there a bigger field i can use eg the extended description field size increased. We need a way that when a saleperson inputs a sale order at the POS and the item needs to be special order the following information is automatically passed to the purchased order for the supplier. 1, supplier Ref number for item. 2, Supplier Colour (four suppliers have 56 colours each) 3, Size of Dress etc 4, delivery date required 5, Order confirmation date and number from suppli...

create a database
Steve can you email me I really need a database created as well and will pay you the fee. Sheryl On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 10:26:01 -0700, Sheryl <Sheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Steve can you email me I really need a database created as well and will pay >you the fee. Sheryl Luckily for you, he can't, because he doesn't know your email address. Don't post it here, or even worse spammers than Steve will pick it up. I would recommend that you find someone (perhaps locally) who can help you, rather than paying someone who has habitually and constantl...

Any idea why this is giving me a #Value! Error?
Function FrstLtrs(MyStr As String) As String Dim temp Dim i As Long TmpStr = Split(Trim(MyStr)) 'MsgBox "String" + TmpStr For i = 0 To UBound(TmpStr) If Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "OF") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "FOR") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "THE") And _ Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "AND") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "A") Then If Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) >= 65 And _ Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) <= 90 Then FrstLtrs = FrstLtrs & Left(TmpStr(i), 1) End If End If Next End Function Find the mo...

how to route messages using the internet and not the VPN c
Hi, we are currently in the process of evaluating exchange 2003 in the past we used 3rd party POP3 mail servers for each office, so each office also had it's own MX record no problem that way..BUT now we implemented AD and one of the exch2k3 server is the US is holding the Primary dns MX record for the company the same MX record that we want everyone else to use ( i.e someone@company.com ) regardless to which office they are located in. when the mail is being intercepted on the primary mail server, it's routing itself via the AD GC's servers internally on the vpn connection, becasu...

divide so no error Excel 2007
I have a simple issue. I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide one by the other and set it up on many cells. Problem is if I enter the folmula befor there are actually numbers in the two cells I get the Divide by 0 error (#DIV/0!) So How can I divide A2 / B2 only if it won't produce an error? =IF(B2=0,0,A2/B2) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Striker" <striker3070@qwest.net> wrote in message news:%23CnsJAoRJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a simple issue. I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide >one by the other and set it up ...

Conversion error 05-09-04
I am using access 2003. When I link or import tables from Excel XP I get a Coversion Error table for those fields which contain user defined functions. I would appreciate it if you could susgest how I can remedy this problem. Thanks, Richard Richard ...

Outlook 2002 and Retrieving Data Error Message
OS is Windows XP SP1 Email - Outlook 2002 SP3 Error Message: Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server <server name>. You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Other Related Issues: At times, the message displays the correct server name and sometime it does not. At times, it displays the name of an active directory server. This only happens to workstations located in an remote office connecting to the exchange server via ADSL\VPN connection. We have one exchange 2003 server - public...