C#, .net 3.5sp1 and Visual Studio 2008 sp1 errors list

What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with
Visual Studio 2008sp1?

0
Andy

"Andy B." <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with
> Visual Studio 2008sp1?
Why would you expect any?
On the face of it vs 2008 sp1 will  target .Net framework 3.5 sp1 by
default.

0
Andy
3/9/2010 1:38:54 PM
Andy B. wrote:
> What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with
> Visual Studio 2008sp1?

That all depends on what kind of errors you have in your code.

Noting, of course, that there's no such thing as "C# 3.5sp1".  There's
only "C# 1.0", "C# 2.0", "C# 3.0", and "C# 4.0".  Perhaps you meant
".NET 3.5 SP1"?

Pete
0
Peter
3/9/2010 4:40:31 PM
Uh, yea. Sorry. I was just wondering because I thought I saw somewhere that
the C# compiler would show runtime errors before the code was compiled and
put them in the errors list. Or maybe it was after the code was compiled?
Either way it goes, how do you actually do this?
"Peter Duniho" <no.peted.spam@no.nwlink.spam.com> wrote in message
> Andy B. wrote:
>> What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with
>> Visual Studio 2008sp1?
>
> That all depends on what kind of errors you have in your code.
>
> Noting, of course, that there's no such thing as "C# 3.5sp1".  There's
> only "C# 1.0", "C# 2.0", "C# 3.0", and "C# 4.0".  Perhaps you meant ".NET
> 3.5 SP1"?
>
> Pete

0
Andy
3/12/2010 7:52:57 AM
Andy B. wrote:
> Uh, yea. Sorry. I was just wondering because I thought I saw somewhere that
> the C# compiler would show runtime errors before the code was compiled and
> put them in the errors list. Or maybe it was after the code was compiled?
> Either way it goes, how do you actually do this?

By definition, the compiler will show you compile-time errors only.
Many compile-time errors are designed to prevent run-time errors, but
they aren't run-time errors per se.  They are still compile-time errors.

You've either misunderstood something someone wrote, or someone wrote
something that doesn't make sense.

Of course, _after_ the code is compiled, you can run your program.  At
which time, the debugger will alert you to run-time errors (i.e.
exceptions�typically NullReferenceException and InvalidCastException,
those being the most common run-time issues you'd run into as far as
coding errors go).

Pete
0
Peter

GP 10.0 home page Runtime Error
Hello: This client was getting the "The specified module could not be found error", upon logging into GP 10.0 for the first time after a new install. I remedied this home page issue, by registering the msxml2.dll file in C:\WINNT\System32. Finally, this got the home page to at least appear. But, now we get this Runtime Error that says "Class not registered". We have installed the XML Parser and the Office 2003 Web Components and have registered the msxml3.dll file. No success. Any ideas? Security is ridiculously tight a this client. Would it do any good to mes...

Create a new chart in C#
I would like to create a new chart in c#, with each series coming from a different range. I have an array of Excel.Range - ranges... Here's what I have so far: Excel.Range range = ranges[0]; Excel.Worksheet ws = (Excel.Worksheet)range.Worksheet; Excel.ChartObjects charts = (Excel.ChartObjects)ws.ChartObjects(Type.Missing); Excel.Chart c = ((Excel.ChartObject)charts.Add((double)range.Left, (double)range.Top, 500, 300)).Chart; chart = c; Excel.SeriesCollection sc = (Excel.SeriesCollection)ch...

Custom view error
I cannot determine why I get this error when I try to switch to a view I just created. There's nothing special going on in the worksheet. It's just a list which I have applied an Advanced Filter to, but which hides all non- matching data. Is the Advanced Filter not compatible with Custom Views? Thanks for any help you can offer. Kimberly ...

Excel file in use error
This error occurs with spreadsheets which contain macros, they cannot be ammended nor deleted by a network administrator! any ideas???? ...

Reorganize excel listing
I need to develop a product/order list from an existing list in a different format. I have attached both. Is there VBA code that can do this for me.?? CustNo P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 P7 A1234 15 18 A3245 10 B3456 D3459 23 35 From the above sheet, I need code to create listing as follows: On the first sheet the field names P1,P2,P3…..are product code CustNo ProdCode Quantity A1234 P1 15 A1234 P3 18 A3245 P5 10 D3459 P2 23 D3459 P7 35 Thanks for any ideas. To reorganize the data, you can use the "unpivot' technique described by ...

Show this address list first?
Ho can we set all Outlook users to show a certain address list first? We don't want the first to show first. On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 14:58:26 -0000, "Gonzo" <no@no.com> wrote: >Ho can we set all Outlook users to show a certain address list first? We >don't want the first to show first. > Not sure if this can be done with a GPO, but in Outlook, open the GAL and under Tools/Options, select the list under the "Show this adddress list first" dialog box. ...

SFO Address list block
What is the process to disable the warning popup whenever you try a set up a crm appointment from within Outlook 2002 Users are tired of allowing 1,5, or 10 minutes for each use. This usually happens if your admins have made some additional security lockdowns in your organization. The fix is to trust the CRM add-in - there is information on MSDN about how to trust an Outlook add-in. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jim" <jim@kinetic.distillery.com> wrote in message news:etw4HYexFHA.3588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > W...

SP1 Update (12.1.0)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when i try install the update i get: You cannot install Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. tried holding shift upon log in (to disable the id db daemon?) - still same problem von <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/not_found.html> I'm sorry if this is brief, but this has been answered and discussed multiple times on this forum. -- Diane no problem - thanks. ...

Install problem Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I am able to successfully install my Office mac 2008 Home/Student edition, however it then goes into a Check for Updates module, finds no updates and allows only for exiting the update check - never initiating Office. Same cycle repeats no matter if I remove my 2004 version or let it do so. Anyone experiencing the same issue? Thanks - Mike ...

organizational chart #3
I'm looking for any kind of a download for a simple organizational chart In Excel 2000 and earlier versions, choose Insert>Object, then choose MS Organization Chart from the list. In Excel 2000, there's an 'Insert Diagram or Organization Chart' button on the Drawing toolbar. melvin wrote: > I'm looking for any kind of a download for a simple organizational chart -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Invoice payment error
I had submitted this question a few days ago with no response, so I'm resubmitting with more information. There is an invoice showing a balance due on the aged trail balance report. However, when a document inquiry is run for this invoice, it is showing paid in full. I found the transaction in the RM20201 table (Receivables Open Transaction File) with a 0 in the Posted field. It's the only record in that table with that value. What can I do to resolve this? This transaction is from a prior year. Thanks for any help you can give! daw Usually, running Reconcile will correc...

Evalutation Software Error on Old data
Hello, When I attempt to open the manager connected to an old database (i.e. a copy from a backup months or years ago.), I get an error saying the evaluation copy of the software has expired, and the program shuts down. Using version 1.3.1011 Thanks, Greg Yep, The DB is older than 45 days and therefore will not let you access it. If you create a new DB you can use it. =========== "Greg Shepherd" <greg@frgusa.com> wrote in message news:%23sgkBF7VIHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > When I attempt to open the manager connected to an old database (i.e. >...

Outlook and "Bad Image" error (msimtf.dll)
I have a user in the office, with Windows XP Home (SP2) and Office 2002 (SP3). She's starting to get this message: "OUTLOOK.EXE - Bad Image. The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS \System32\msimtf.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." every time she starts up Outlook, sometimes two or three of them in a row she has to OK. They'll also pop up now and then while using Outlook. This only started happening a couple of days ago, and she hasn't installed or uninstalled any software lately, and nothing else unusual has happened wit...

Add a Bank to your List:
I have my account with The Arizona Federal Credit Union: please add this to your list of banks. Robert This is a peer to peer group. None of us have connections with MS so your message won't get read by MS. Suggest you use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Robert Hunt" <rphunt54967@cox.net> wrote in message news:00f101c39b15$82c0ae70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have my account ...

Does Requery "Go back" to the remote Databse after I do an Open ? #3
I am using SQL Server 2000. If I do a cRecordSet "Open" that gets all the records of the table and later on I do a Requery, does the Requery go back to the remote Databse in SQL Server 2000 ? I don't have a way of testing this. Thanks a lot in advance. ...

sql 2008 Simple Dynamic query
HI all I am run this simple query on sql 2008 and getting erro declare @sql as varchar(50) select @sql='select order_trn.fac_order,order_Trn.article_no from order_trn where order_trn.fac_order like 'N-5%'' EXEC(@sql) Please help thanks Hmmm, do you really need dynamic? select @sql='select order_trn.fac_order,order_Trn.article_no from order_trn where order_trn.fac_order like ''N-5%''' See if the above works, I hope you are aware of SQL Injection.... "Capri" <NoEmail@NoDomain.com> wrote in messag...

Exchange Router Installation 3.0
Hi, I have a 1 fornt end exchange server and 3 backend exchange servers(clustered) where user mailboxes reside. The crmmail box (not CRM user mailbox) created resides on the 1st Exchange server in the cluster. 1- Where will I install my exchange router. On the 1st exchange server in the cluster or the frontend server. 2- During CRM installation, Should I specify the Frontend server name or Backend CRMMail box servername. Please Respond ASAP. Thanks Q Do you have 3 seperate Active-Passive clusters? If so, then you sould install the router on the cluster that has the sink maibox installed ...

DPM 2010 Setup error
During Installation of DPM setup I get the following error: DPMSetup has stopped working Problem details: Problem Signature Problem Event name: DPMException Problem Signature 01: DPMSetup Problem Signature 02: 3.0.7336.0 Problem Signature 03: SetupDpm.exe Problem Signature 04: 3.0.7336.0 Problem Signature 05: System.UnauthorizedAccessException Problem Signature 06: System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal Problem Signature 07: CC0B98E5 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.272.7 Local ID: 1030 This problem occurs approx 10 seconds afther the DPM setup start...

Windows Live Messenger: Logs Unspecified Error When Saving/Deletin
I have been having issues trying to save or delete logs from a friends conversation. Everytime I close the conversation, the screen pops up asking me to save older messages or delete, and choosing either of them pops up another screen saying Unspecified Error. Is there any solution to this, I have been kinda annoyed by this. Link to box that pops up: http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/Areno/Untitled-1.jpg This is the screen that shows up after i try saving or deleting. Greetings, You'll get this message if it can't parse the XML - for instance, if some binary...

Deleting files and folders in the C:\Windows directory
I thought I'd try my post from the other day again, and see if I can get an answer. Replacing the HD with a larger one is not a feasible solution. I'm trying to conserve space on a small HD on a laptop, and would like to know if I can remove the following files and directories. 1) Numerous files and folders in C:\WINDOWS with various names that have modified dates going back to the installation date of XP. C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB873333 C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstallIDNMitigationAPIs$ C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB835732$ 2) There are numerous fi...

DPM error 43 and 53!
Hello, I am at my end trying to correct this error. I am running DPM2007SP1 on Windows2K3SP1 box. I am patched to the latest as well. I have managed to work my way through most of my daily DPM errors, however this error has been dogging me daily for a week. This particular PG is backing up 5 Hyper-V servers on a single host. The host is 2008R2 and a Dell M950 blade. The 5 Hyper-V's are a Hyperion development environment and have quite a bit of traffic. I setup this PG about a week ago and was successful in building 4 of 5 replicas. The 5th continued to give me error 43....

Error: "customizing security roles" while installing CRM SBE on SB
Just wanted to make sure this could be found in the newsgroup... There is a known bug when installing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Small Business on Microsoft Small Business Server R2 Premium (whcih ships with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup) when SP2 of SQL Server 2005 is applied. Symptoms: Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://Servername/reportserver. Error: The feature: “Customizing security roles” is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. The knowledge base reference can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb...

sndPlaySound Link error
Hi, I wrote an application in VC++ 7.0 which uses sndPlaySound method .But when i am building to make a setup in Release then i am getting link error DCS error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__sndPlaySoundA@8 referenced in function "protected: virtual void __thiscall CAlarmDlg::OnOK(void)" (?OnOK@CAlarmDlg@@MAEXXZ) can any one help me out on this.I could able to build if it is in Debug Mode. Reny >I wrote an application in VC++ 7.0 which uses sndPlaySound method .But when >i am building to make a setup in Release then i am getting link error > >DCS...

SSRS 2008 get report parameters to work
I want to add report parameters to a sql server report service 2008 that has been generated by the report wizard and have the parameters work. I can get the report parametes to look like they work by doing the following: 1. select view then report data then right click parameters in the report data window. 2. I then select add parameters then enter a 'name' then enter a prompt name and then select data type. 3. I then right click on the dataset and then click dataset properties and then click on parameteres in the dataset properties window and add the parameters I w...

Adding Address line 3 to GP Forms
Several of our customers/vendors have addresses that include a 3rd Address Line (above City, State, Zip). However, in all of our GP forms, only Address Line 1 & 2, plus City/State/Zip where added. These all appear to be calculated fields on the report and I can see where Address Line 3 is available to be chosen - HOWEVER, I am an absolute novice when it comes to doing calculated fields in Report Writer. By using the manual and looking at how the other address lines where created, I've got the general gist of it; However, when I created "Ship To Address Line 4" (to i...