How can i start application before User Logon

I having a project which need to create a kids used application which
run prior before user log in. Is there anywhere to do it? And is it
possible to disable the combination keys of alt+ctrl+del in vista?

--
bing88
0

Sounds like malware to me.

"bing88" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I having a project which need to create a kids used application which
> run prior before user log in. Is there anywhere to do it? And is it
> possible to disable the combination keys of alt+ctrl+del in vista?
>

> --
> bing88

0
Scott
1/30/2010 6:11:15 PM
Only app that can run before logging in to the system is a windows service
ctr+altl+del ? well that is hard nowadays as it is considered malicious to
do so , but it is still not impossible or to substitute
what exactly is your gola with this ?

M/ Posseth

"bing88" <guest@unknown-email.com> schreef in bericht

> I having a project which need to create a kids used application which
> run prior before user log in. Is there anywhere to do it? And is it
> possible to disable the combination keys of alt+ctrl+del in vista?
>

> --
> bing88

0
Michel
2/1/2010 5:49:15 AM
Disabled the alt+ctrl+del is to ensure that the kids cannot kill my
program which restricted them access to other programs. My program is
about a kids used desktop that can let parent control them on using the
computer. :geek:

--
bing88
0

-Scott

> Disabled the alt+ctrl+del is to ensure that the kids cannot kill my
> program which restricted them access to other programs. My program is
> about a kids used desktop that can let parent control them on using the
> computer. :geek:
>

> --
> bing88

0
Scott
2/2/2010 12:03:44 PM
"Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nospam> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : eIfwt#$oKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> So you want to make a security program that disables the first piece
> of security the user encounters?  Bad design idea.

Hello,
To try to intercept Ctrl+Alt+Del is bad. But you can simply disable it
with a group policy.

--
Fred
foleide@free.fr

0
Fred
2/2/2010 12:30:06 PM

"Fred" <foleide@free.fr.invalid> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : OpBg1NApKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

> "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nospam> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
> discussion : eIfwt#$oKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> So you want to make a security program that disables the first piece
>> of security the user encounters?  Bad design idea.
>
> Hello,
> To try to intercept Ctrl+Alt+Del is bad. But you can simply disable it
> with a group policy.

Perhaps not on all systems !

--
Fred
foleide@free.fr

0
Fred
2/2/2010 12:34:18 PM
It mayb a bad design idea but I have to solve this problem also. So
please give some constructive suggestion~ :)

--
bing88
0
"Fred" <foleide@free.fr.invalid> wrote in message

> "Fred" <foleide@free.fr.invalid> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
> discussion : OpBg1NApKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nospam> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
>> discussion : eIfwt#$oKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> So you want to make a security program that disables the first piece of
>>> security the user encounters?  Bad design idea.
>>
>> Hello,
>> To try to intercept Ctrl+Alt+Del is bad. But you can simply disable it
>> with a group policy.
>
> Perhaps not on all systems !
>
> --
> Fred
> foleide@free.fr

No not on all systems by a long shot.  If you are in a domain, it can't be
bypassed.

0
Scott
2/2/2010 6:41:09 PM
You've already gotten the suggestion: make a Windows Service and forget
about CTRL+ALT+DEL.

> It mayb a bad design idea but I have to solve this problem also. So
> please give some constructive suggestion~ :)
>

> Scott M.;1223536 Wrote:
>> So you want to make a security program that disables the first piece of
>> security the user encounters?  Bad design idea.
>>
>> -Scott
>

> --
> bing88

0
Scott
2/2/2010 6:43:03 PM
I agree with Scott. Name your service's executable something cryptic
that won't be obvious and tell the user that it is your program. The
service runs on boot up and will be running even if the user is logged
out.

Catching Ctrl Alt Del, may not be effective. To stop a process in Task
Manager you can right click the task bar and select Task Manager, no
need for Ctrl Alt Del. If you need to, control user actions through
privileges
and policy. That will define what the user can and can't do.

User should have his/her own Windows account with the appropriate
privileges set. A separate account with local admin privileges should be
used to install and modify settings, but user should not have access to it.

I think we are assuming tat you are developing this app using some .NET
language. If this app already exists and is a normal application, then
running it as a service might be more complicated and perhaps impossible.

If these measures are not enough, describe in better detail how you wish
to control your user and what app it is you are talking about. Regards, Saga

"bing88" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> It mayb a bad design idea but I have to solve this problem also. So
> please give some constructive suggestion~ :)
>

> Scott M.;1223536 Wrote:
>> So you want to make a security program that disables the first piece of
>> security the user encounters?  Bad design idea.
>>
>> -Scott
>

> --
> bing88

0
Saga
2/2/2010 8:29:33 PM
On 2/2/2010 7:40 AM, bing88 wrote:
> It mayb a bad design idea but I have to solve this problem also. So
> please give some constructive suggestion~ :)
>

> Scott M.;1223536 Wrote:
>> So you want to make a security program that disables the first piece of
>> security the user encounters?  Bad design idea.
>>
>> -Scott

Just take the computer away from the kids!

--
Mike
0

> Just take the computer away from the kids!

That, of course, is the ideal solution, but somehow I don't think that is an
option for the OP <g>. Saga
> --
> Mike

0
Saga

Shortcut to other user's folders
At our office we view other user's folders by: File:Open:Other user's folder... Is there a way to make a shortcut in the "Outlook Shortcuts" pane on the left to one or more of these user's folders? Thanks! Edit: This is in Outlook 2000 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ bump, nobody? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from ht...

Removing multiple users from Outlook

automaticaly create a variable sized table from user input
Hi, How can I user data input to a cell by a user to create a table with that number of rows. eg. User enters 1024 in B2 165 in B3 12.5 in B4 A10 would contain 1, B10 would contain =B3+(A10*$B$4) A11 would contain 2, B11 would contain =B3+(A11*$B$4) etc to 1024 The user entered number in B2 could be any whole number between 1 and 1024 Thanks, Iain I could make this better but other things to do right now so try this. Uncomment the last line to remove the formula and just leave the values. Sub makeformula() Range("a10") = 1 Range("b10").Formula = "=B3+(A10*$B$4)...

can i download lxce serv.exe

how many receivers i can add

Can't configure Outlook Express

what printers can run Vista
just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP 5550 deskjet) won't print. I need to find a new printer that i can hook up to the computer. This is an Access newsgroup. We help with questions related to Microsoft Access - the database application that is part of MS Office Professional. -- Rick B "monroe" <monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC746826-251A-4097-AF88-2805BCDE7DEC@microsoft.com... > just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP > 5550 > deskjet) won't print. I need to...

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...

Can not open PDFs
I'm using Outlook Express,when I receive e-mail with pdf attachments I can not open or save the PDF files I can see that the file is there but nothing happen. thanks Cesar Open the message in question. Is there a informational bar across the top that states Outlook Express blocked access to the file? If yes, select Tool > Options > Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Cesar Calderon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29c4e01c465ca$a76ec470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook Express,...

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

DLLs being loaded for all applications
I get the following warning at system startup: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." How do I review the list of libraries and how do I eliminate any that should be removed? ...

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...

Outlook has started coming up with wizard
Hi, My Outlook has started coming up with the wizard like it was first installed. How would this have happened? Thanks, We don't know. We don't even know what version of Outlook you have so how could we? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jason asked: | Hi, | | My Outlook has started coming up with the wizard like it was first | installed. How would this have happened? | | Thanks, XP,2002,2003 have the same startup wiz...