Auto-Hide and Always On Top Plug In or Code?

I have developed a small app I would like to have behave like the
Windows XP Taskbar, in that users should be able to select either Auto-
Hide or Always On Top, and get the same behavior you get with the
Taskbar.

Is this something I should be able to accomplish in code?  When I
first started this project months ago, I didn't think so, so I
convinced my firm to purchase LogicNP's Shell Mega Pack
0
Patrick
5/17/2010 9:02:05 PM
dotnet.general 306 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sorry, too fast the fingers.

Anyway, there are a number of issues with the ShellAppBar tool that
make it undependable, and LogicNP seems to no longer be supporting the
product (or maybe they've just given up on me and didn't tell me).

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick
0
Patrick
5/17/2010 9:05:10 PM
LogicNP has contacted me, and the issue was that while I thought
"Always on Top" and "Auto Hide" are mutually exclusive, they need to
be paired to get the full TaskBar Auto-Hide effect.

On May 17, 5:05=A0pm, Patrick A <park...@stradley.com> wrote:
> Sorry, too fast the fingers.
>
> Anyway, there are a number of issues with the ShellAppBar tool that
> make it undependable, and LogicNP seems to no longer be supporting the
> product (or maybe they've just given up on me and didn't tell me).
>
> Any guidance would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick

0
Patrick

Select Query to Open on Top of Form
I have a form [Grievance Tracking] that has a command button for a select query [GTS Audit]. When the user selects this button the query opens behind the form [Grievance Tracking]. Is there a way to have the query open on top of the form [Grievance Tracking] form instead of behind it? I'm using Access 2003. Thanks, -- Bob The problem is that the form PopUp Property set to yes, so every thing that you open will apear behind it. You can set it to No, and then the query will be on top of the form -- Good Luck BS"D "rdw1260@msn.com.(donotspam)" wrote: > I have a...

How to tell microsoft that Excel Union Operator doesn't always work
What is the best way to report a bug to microsoft? Cell A1 through F1 contain the colors red, blue, green, yellow, pink, purple Cell a2 contains green Cell b2 contains =or(a2=(a1:f1)) as a control shift enter array formula. Cell c2 contains =or(a2 = (a1:b1,d1:f1)) CSE Cell b2 works fine, but cell c2 does not work. Seems to me that the Union operator (which is a ,) should work but does not. "UncleBob" <UncleBob@microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:Ox4vAj1PEHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > What is the best way to report a bug to microsoft? > > Cell A1 th...

Bug Rep: Excel 2007 .xlsm file not saving commented codes
since i've tested this agaist 2 different copies of Excel 2007 fresh install on different machines at home, i think it's clearly a bug. ok, in order to save vba codes now in excel 2007, i'd have to save files in the .xlsm format. that's cool. everything been working sweet, until... spent 4 long days busting my butt during the new year, missed all the nice parties to rush this stupid project out, and 2 hours being scream at by my boss over skype kinda ate my heart out. how can such a simple mistake be made? very very easy >:Errrrrrrr go on any sheet that has codes ...

Auto Archive into a Public Folder
Can Outlook 2007 be configured so that auto archiving is done into a folder within the Public Folder system? No. Autoarchive uses pst files only. I think Auto-mate (http://www.pergenex.com/auto-mate/index.shtml) would be able to move to a public folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT....

Using A Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas
Hi can any one help me with a Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas in pre-defined set of cells i.e. in my case C14:C40 At present I have a copy of the Formulas in another part of th worksheet and when I want to reset the worksheet (as the user can ove right the formulas as the formula is based on either the sum of anothe two cells or the users input) I use a Macro to copy and paste (special the formulas. What I require is a Macro/VBA Code which already has the formula store in the actual Macro/VBA code i.e. so they are not stored as copy in m worksheet Ay help would be greatly appreciated T...

#DIV/0! hiding
how can i make a #DIV/0! message either hide, or appear as a 0.00 or something else that would look better in a spreadsheet? ...

Get Word 7 to display the complete path at the top of the screen?
I would like to have the complete file path displayed at the top of the screen when a Word 2007 document is open. How is it done? Add the Document Location item (from the Commands Not in Ribbon group) to the Quick Access Toolbar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "seniorhelper" <seniorhelper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ACFBCD7-DABB-4480-BE19-5BB624B5ADB3@microsoft.com... >...

Out of Office Assistant Auto Reply not working
The out of office assistant does not send a note to anyone outside of my network. Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server. Auto Reply is sent to anyone that is local on my network but does not send outside. Any suggestions? Automatic replies to the internet are disabled by default in Exchange 5.5 and later. Check wth your Exchange administrator to see if he/she is willing to change this. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a6f01c3d3b4$300761b...

slow code
i've made a code that searches one optional column for duplicates and deletes 2-6 cells in the same row as a duplicate data is found. I'm using this code a lot and my problem is that it can take very long time for the code to run, it can take 1 hour or more if i'm searching like 15000 rows. I'm going to the last cell in my row and uses the countif command to determine if there are duplicates, if not then i go to the cell above and run an new countif. is there a faster way to do this? jocke ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www...

Auto-Fill Templates

Count Rows When Using Auto-Filter
Using the auto-filter function I need to count the number of rows returned each time I select a new value. I can do a COUNTA (&#8211;1 to allow for the header row), on the column that counts all the rows but when I use the filter I still get the total count not a count of the reduced quantity by the filter. Can anyone help? Nick use the subtotal function with a first argument of 3 =subtotal(3,A2:A300) as an example. Make sure the column you do the counta on will have values in all rows. -- regards, Tom Ogilvy "Nick" <ner@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:15...

auto updater
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? "zazen@officeformac.com" wrote: > I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has > disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - > nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? You were seeing the old Office 2...

Splitting code to modules ... HOW ?
I have build several Excel VBA applictions, but many of them use som same code and functions. I like to put the code into ONE base module. How must I create the module, export it ? And how to refer to it in al the programs I like to use the base module ?? Roel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Roel If the macros are in several workbooks copy them into the same book and save this as Personal.xls The personal workbook may not be visible when you start Excel but the macros will be available to all workbooks. Alteratively, save the macro as an addin e.g. "myFile.xla&...

AUTO DATE RECOGNITION
HOW CAN I STOP PART NUMBERS WHICH HAVE DASHES IN THEM BEING CONVERTED INTO DATES WHEN I DO A DATA IMPORT INTO EXCEL? Yell real LOUD. That does it for me. Seriously, please don't use all caps for subject or body of msg. It is considered shouting and rude. Try pre-formatting your destination range to text. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "TONY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD32B08C-CD73-4585-B706-6F29B17894D0@microsoft.com... > HOW CAN I STOP PART NUMBERS WHICH HAVE DASHES IN THEM BEING CONVERTED INTO DATES WHEN I DO A ...

Colour code from different servers
-- I collect mail from 2 different servers and I was wondering if it is possible to have them show in the IN BOX in different colours. I know I can select different senders by colour but I want to show all senders that came from each server. Can anybody help Pete A "Pete A" <PeteA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB77DCA6-A07E-47E9-AD04-62C8B6BC1193@microsoft.com... > > -- I collect mail from 2 different servers and I was wondering if it is > possible to have them show in the IN BOX in different colours. I know I > can > select different se...

auto subtract order taken from supply table
I am new to access and I really need some help. I have two tables, order table and supply table. Each table has an order form and a supply form respectively. This database is use to collect supply items and the order form is to record who collects the items from supply. Everything runs fine expect that when an item is removed from the order table it does not auto subtract from the quantity field of the supply table. The supply table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity. Whereas, the Order table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity Out. I will like to have an update query t...

Hiding and Unhiding Forms In Code
This is what I am trying to do. I hide a form and opened another form using a button: Me.Visible=False DoCmd.Open "Select Report Type", acNormal Now I want to unhide the form again using a button on the second form, I tried: If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].IsVisible=False Then Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true End If But this didn't work. I am stuck. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Here is an example of using the IsVisible property (straight from your friendly Access help file); If Me!CategoryID.IsVisible Then Me!Line0.Visible = Tr...

track changes toolbar always pops up: make it stop!
this is one of those small things about word that drives me up a wall: whenever i turn track changes on and hit ok in the dialog box, a track changes toolbar suddenly appears. i don't want it there. i just want to edit what looks like a normal document with word tracking changes in the background. is there any way to make this toolbar stop appearing automatically? There's no provision in the program -- the bar is deemed necessary for more users than not. Depending on your version of Word you may be able to come up with a programmatic solution. Regards |:>) Bob Jones ...

how do i change or make this macro??? pictures and code included
i need to either make this from scratch or change it to suit my needs. Firstly a link to the template it is from http://www.exinfm.com/excel%20files/FY2000WhatIf.xls the code is Sub projection() Dim revgrowth As Single, costpercent As Single, smgrowth As Single devgrowth As Single, gagrowth As Single Dim intincome As Integer, noncontitems As Integer, otherexps A Integer Dim taxrate As Single, avgshares As Integer 'dialog box gets displayed With DialogSheets("dialog3") If .Show = False Then Exit Sub End If revgrowth = .EditBoxes(1).Text costpercent = .EditBoxes(2).Text smgrow...

Why can't the email attachments I send always be opened?
I have problems sending emails with attachments that contain a spreadsheet I made using works task manager and also an attachment of a schedule that was made with works word processor. How can I save these documents in a format that they can be opened when sent as attachments to an email? Hi the recipient of your email has to have a program which can open your files. e.g. MS Works. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cwrogers wrote: > I have problems sending emails with attachments that contain a > spreadsheet I made using works task manager and also an attachment of > a...

Hide column in ListView
I have an asp.net web page with a databound ListView showing in Grid format. I would like to conditionally hide a column in the ListView based on a checkbox outside of the ListView. I have a ItemDatabound event and thought the ListViewItemType could be checked but it only has data, insert and blank properties. The checkbox is called ckHasOT and I was planning to check something like If ckHasOT.Checked = False Then .... I would like to hide the column from all Templates (Item, Edit and Insert). Thanks. -- David "DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote...

Can't use new banks previously not in 2004 for auto downloads #2
I use National City and they are now listed in the banks for online services. I try to setup online services for my account and when I select them out of the list it starts downloading something but ultimately says account setup or online setup is unavailable and to try again later. Is this the Yodlee problem people keep speaking about? Yeah, I think it is. I have their credit card services and am having the same problem. It did download initially but there were some problems with it so I think they have completely shut it down for now. "ashwilliams" wrote: > I use Na...

Public Folders + Hiding
Hi Peeps, I have a bit of a problem with a Public folder I want to hide it the from all uses and then allow only certain users to see it in the list. To do this I would usually go on to the properties of the public folder in ESM, permissions, Client permissions. I would then proceed to set both the Default and Anonymos accounts no access and untick the folder visible box. This I can confirm hides the folder. However when I explicitally add a user to the client permissions and give them editor permissions and make sure the folder is set to visible they cannot see it. The only way around...

Outlook Contacts always suggests "Custom Form Cannot Be Opened"
Dear All, I have ascertained by searching "Message Class Field" that all contacts in the search come up as found. Therefore I think somehow I have put in place a Custom Form and would like Outlook to go back to using the default / standard form. Thank you for any further Help. Yours sincerely, -- Neil@UK Get http://www.publicshareware.com/download/DocMessageClass.zip and use it to change the message class back to the default. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sli...

Adding to a list of codes
Hi In Excel 2003 I have a spreadsheet listing a large number of cost centres. Each month I am given a list of the cost centres and expenditure against them, which I want to use a look up to populate in to a master spreadsheet. However, during the month new cost centres could have been created. What I would like to be able to do is run a macro against the monthly return and compare the codes contained in it to the codes already listed in the master sheet. If there are any new codes not already in the master sheet I would want them added to the existing list so that the mast...