Auto-Hide and Always On Top Plug In or Code?

I have developed a small app I would like to have behave like the
Windows XP Taskbar, in that users should be able to select either Auto-
Hide or Always On Top, and get the same behavior you get with the
Taskbar.

Is this something I should be able to accomplish in code?  When I
first started this project months ago, I didn't think so, so I
convinced my firm to purchase LogicNP's Shell Mega Pack
0
Patrick
5/17/2010 9:02:05 PM
dotnet.general 306 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sorry, too fast the fingers.

Anyway, there are a number of issues with the ShellAppBar tool that
make it undependable, and LogicNP seems to no longer be supporting the
product (or maybe they've just given up on me and didn't tell me).

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick
0
Patrick
5/17/2010 9:05:10 PM
LogicNP has contacted me, and the issue was that while I thought
"Always on Top" and "Auto Hide" are mutually exclusive, they need to
be paired to get the full TaskBar Auto-Hide effect.

On May 17, 5:05=A0pm, Patrick A <park...@stradley.com> wrote:
> Sorry, too fast the fingers.
>
> Anyway, there are a number of issues with the ShellAppBar tool that
> make it undependable, and LogicNP seems to no longer be supporting the
> product (or maybe they've just given up on me and didn't tell me).
>
> Any guidance would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick

0
Patrick

Disable Auto Budget feature
Hi All, I'm new to Money 2005 and stumbling my way through it. I'm using th Advanced Budget Feature because my income/expense constantly change. Here's the problem: I'm entering expense into the budget and when finish, it has adjusted them. Going back to edit, they were how entered them, so I assume this is the auto budget at work. I've trie disabling by unchecking the boxes, but it isn't working. It jus rechecks them every time I enter. How can I permanently disable thi feature? Any help appreciated. li "ejy110" <ejy110.22mzyb@no-spam-here.com...

Assistance with code Please
I have copied the code below to see if someone can help me with my problem. I work great unfortunately it needs to check from cells d2 to d101. I have to hit run about 5 times for the whole range to be cleared. I sthere anyway to loop it until it is done or have it complete in one shot. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong Sub CopyData() Dim rng As Range, cell As Range, col As Long Dim rw As Long, rng2 As Range col = 4 rw = 1 With Worksheets("SCHEDULE") Set rng = .Range(.Cells(col), .Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp)) End With For Each cell In rng If LCase(cell.Value) = &...

Hide report section
Hello All I have a report where the record sourse is a query that returns a single record. Normally the report prints on two pages, because I have a pagbreak controll half way down the detail section (this is necessary because of the particular requirement of the report's layout). In some cases, however, the second page is not required: this is when the value of a particular textbox ('txtFound') in the detail section is >0. In these cases only the first page is required - without a blank second page. I realise I could do this by setting the data source for all the '2...

Printed Calendar with Same Month at Top
I posted this question in the Calendaring newsgroup and no one knew of an answer. I haven't found any acknowledgement from Microsoft that this is a bug. Would like to know. When printing my monthly calendar, the top of the page shows thumbnail versions of the previous and next months, like most calendars do. Except mine shows the current month and the next month. It doesn't really help to have the same month twice on the page! :) Any ideas? Or is this a bug? It's not just you, but as far as I know it's by design, so it's not really a "bug". You mig...

deleting outlook auto-complete names
in outlook, this user has auto-completion for names in email, some of the names that auto-complete he wants to delete, these names are not in his contact list, some are in global list but with different work locations, user tried to delete but these will not Remove individual entries by highlighting them in the suggested names list and hitting your Delete key. Or clear the entire cache: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287623&Product=out -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jesse B. Carlisle" <jcarlisle@deloitte.com> wrote in message news:d20001c439...

Hiding Comments from others
I want to add comments to a worksheet, but not allow others to read the comments. I have seen that you can keep others from editing, but can you keep others from seeing the comments? TIA, Carla Hirschfeld Probably not. But you may be able to fool some users by just: Tools|options|view tab| and check the None option button for Comments. (But you saw how easy it is to toggle that setting!) Carla Hirschfeld wrote: > > I want to add comments to a worksheet, but not allow others to read the > comments. I have seen that you can keep others from editing, but can you keep > others ...

Converting to HTML with Auto Filters on
guys, Trying to save an excel file as a web page-did it no problem, however the filters do not stay in place in the html version. it justs becomes straight data with no sorting or filter options... ideas? please respond to the group and my email address because optonline news only keeps messages on the server for a day or two.... thx -- Walter W. Welle www.welleware.com -Music, Art, Culture, Photo's and Style ...

Hide and Unhide AC 2007 Navigation Pane
Access 2007 sp2. I'm using the tabbed interface. I've been trying to utilize the Navigation Pane ONLY when my main form (frmHome)is open or in front of other objects or forms. When any other object or form is in front I want the nav pane to be hidden not minimized like when one clicks the '<<' button in the top right of the nav pane because I want the screen spacer. Currently I have command buttons on the left side of my main form to open my forms but it would be nice to have access to other objects especially reports. Putting buttons for reports also on t...

Remove/Hide Navbar items
Hi all, I would like to have my own product page under opportunity products section. I don't want the users to see the Products side nav bar which comes with the default installation. I looked at the file which was loading the page (crmwebsite/sfa/opps/edit.aspx) and found out that it uses a custom web usercontrol to load the left side bar items in a <div> tag. The <div> tag does not even have a name or id. Is there any way I could remove the div tag ( which does not have a name or id) using JavaScript. Moreover I do not find the div tag inside the FORM element. At this poi...

The CRM 3.0 Email Auto-Numbering problem!(may be a bug)
The CRM Email will automatically add a Auto-Number at the tail of email subject. Such like this:"Your case has been opened. CR000000001". We know that's for the tracking use, but some of the target Email server will block this "auto-number" emails, which means this kind of email cannot send out!!! Not all of the Email server block these emails, but some of those do that. What's the solution? If you go into your system settings, you can turn this off. However, bydoing so you will not be able to track back to the originating object, inbound email will o...

Auto Date Footer in PPT 2007 / Make non slectable in normal view
I noticed in PPT 2007 when you apply an auto date footer on the master it actually places a selectable text box on all slides (footers also). Is there a way to include the auto date code in a text box on the master so it cannot be selected in normal view? Like it was in PPT 2003? I need to have it so it's not selected by accident in normal view. Maybe this? http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Old_Style_Slide_Numbers.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "...

Form Code Required
Hi I run Excel 2K Does anyone have some VB code that forces a form to open to the maximum screen size available. Also, where would I put the code if it is available. Thanks This doesn't force it to open to cover everything on the screen, but does open it to cover the displayed spreadsheet: Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Me.Width = ActiveWindow.Width Me.Height = ActiveWindow.Height End Sub The code goes into the form's Initialize event process. Here's a page that shows how to get the current screen resolution, and you could use it in conjunction with the above cod...

hiding GAL
On an Exchange 2003/Win 2003 Server setup I need to hide the GAL from a group of users (or better yet, hide it from everyone and rely only on filtered address lists). The problem is that (i) I cannot figure out how to hide the GAL from a group and (ii) OWA needs to display filtered address lists than instead of the GAL. Any ideas? In addition to hiding the GAL you should also hide the Offline Address Book. GAL ESM->Right Click GAL->Properties->Security Tab->clear "Allow inheritable permissions"->Choose to copy exisiting permissions->Remove Everyone and Auth...

"x" v.b.a. code entry question
I am currently using this code ti click "x" in to a column of cells. I there a way I can select only certain cells in a column, like b2:b8, o individual cells? Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Column <> 2 And Target.Column <> 4 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo errhandler Application.EnableEvents = False With Target.Offset(0, 1) If .Value = "" Then .Value = "X" Else .Value = "" End If End With errhandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Thanks, Vat -- Mess...

Auto Updates broke SSL for OWA
Exchange 2003, ran updates today (9 total) for Windows 2003 Server restarted and now SSL for OWA no longer works. If I take the 443 port our of SSL port in IIS It starts, put 443 back in there and it doesn't start saying the file is already in use. Now I know why people don't trust MS automatic updates, they really do break stuff. Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, I'll attempt to help you through this... First question are you running SP1 for Exchange Server 2003 ? -- Peter O'Dowd http://www.blade.net.nz &quo...

Loop Code?
I have a macro that when run changes the color of a row based on a cell value. Col A has TRUE & FALSE values and the color of the row changes whether TRUE or FALSE. It works fine when I manually run the macro. I want it to dynamically change whenever one of the cells in Col A changes. Is this when a LOOP is required? How do I code that? Here is the code I am currently playing with: Sub ColorRowBasedOnCellValue() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, ActiveCell.EntireColumn, _ ...

locking rows at top of chart #2
I am wondering how, in Office XP, to lock the first two rows of my Excel worksheet at the top, like a header, so they stay there when I scroll down the rest of the chart. I don't know what you mean by chart but to freeze the first 2 rows, select A2 and do windows>freeze rows Regards, Peo Sjoblom "blue-j-rock" wrote: > I am wondering how, in Office XP, to lock the first two rows of my Excel > worksheet at the top, like a header, so they stay there when I scroll down > the rest of the chart. ...

Making OL Notes Always On Top
Hi All, Is it possible to write a Note in OL and have it always On Top so that no matter what application is happening it is always on the screen. All I can seem to do is open the Note on top of one application, but if I go to another screen I have to click the Note from the Task Bar to place it on the screen again ie I can't get it to STAY on top - any ideas? Regards Ron H. ...

Top Buttons in Money 2006 Don't Work
Hi, I just upgraded from Money 2004 to 2006. The conversion of my file seemed to go OK. I use Money mostly for the Investing feature, but for some reason I can't access the top three button items -- Investing, Planning and Taxes -- directly. I can get to some of it indirectly, like Investing, by going through the left menus. So I can at least see and use my portfolio. But I can't click on, or use, some of the submenu items at all. For example, under Investing, I should be able to click on Markets, Stocks, Fuds, ETFs, Commentary and Brokers -- but none of those buttons work! Also I...

My code chart is looping
Hello, I would like to have a council of your share. I used the Macro mode to create a graph. I inserted this macro in the page of code of my sheet1. I inserted the name of my procedure in Worksheet_Activate and as soon as I click on my sheet1, then my procedure this regenerate constantly. My procedure is carried out in loop and I do not manage to stop it. How to make for to execute that one alone time at the time of the opening of my sheet in my sorter?. In addition, it is possible to remove all the graph during the closing of an Excel file. I know Workbook_Open but there is not Workboo...

Auto Indents in bulleting/numbering

Settings auto configured
When a user logs onto a different machine in the domain and launches Outlook 2003 they have to run through the outlook setup. (The server is Exchange 2003) Is there a way to set exchange or outlook to automatically put in the username and exchange server into Outlook so each new machine the user log onto they don't have to reenter the same info? On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:37:31 -0700, Tserch <Tserch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When a user logs onto a different machine in the domain and launches Outlook >2003 they have to run through the outlook setup. (The server is E...

Auto-forward mails
How to do auto forward mails from one mailbox to another in exchange 5.5 Internally: Outlook Rules internal to an External account: Create a Custom Recipient and add it to the mailbox in question as an alternate recipient. On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 02:00:46 -0700, "Saby" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to do auto forward mails from one mailbox to another >in exchange 5.5 ...

Setting Report Sorting By Code...
I know there's a way by coding the Fieldname and placing it in Report_Open...what is that code? TIA - Bob ...

Can i see code and spreadsheet simultaneously
I'm having trouble debugging a large piece of code. It would be awfully helpful if I could see the spreadsheet while I am stepping through the code to see what is happening. Is this possible with Excel 2003 ? hi, you can tile the windows. when i do this i usually put xl on top and the vb editor on bottom so that i can have the windows all the way accross the screen . it scruches things up a little but it's workable. regards FSt1 "Stuart" wrote: > I'm having trouble debugging a large piece of code. > It would be awfully helpful if I could see the spreadshee...