Web Service call times out under IIS 5.1

I have code which makes web service calls from within one web application to
a web service. Under Visual Studio 2005 (it's .NET 2.0) development server
and on 2003 Server / IIS 6 this works fine. Recently (probably sometime in
the last month) this has stopped working under IIS 5.1 for no obvious reason.
We suspect it may be related to some recent security update but have not yet
managed to identify what is going on.

An example call looks something like this:
        try
        {
            TestWS.localhost.Service1 oSvc = new TestWS.localhost.Service1();
            string sResponse = oSvc.HelloWorld();
            if (sResponse != null)
            {
                Response.Write(sResponse);
            }
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            Response.Write(ex);
        }

Where TestWS.localhost.Service1 is the .NET generated proxy class to call
the service. Run this in the VS development server and out comes Hello World,
deploy to IIS on XP and the following exception is caught:

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
   at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest
request)
   at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest
request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at TestWS.localhost.Service1.HelloWorld() in C:\Documents and
Settings\mfishpool\My Documents\Visual Studio

2005\Projects\TestWS\Web References\localhost\Reference.cs:line 78
   at ASP.default_aspx.__Renderform1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control
parameterContainer) in

c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TestWS\Default.aspx:line 17

Inspecting the call using tcptrace shows the header is being sent but not
the content. The content length is there, just nothing after the headers. I
have a simple solution with two projects, web app and web services, which
demonstrates this and I've reproduced it on several developers machines in
our office. Happy to supply the example solution/projects to anyone who might
be able to help with this.

Any ideas of what's going on here, or possible avenues to explore?

Thanks,

--
Mark

see if this can help you

Abdul Sami

"Mark Fishpool" wrote:

> I have code which makes web service calls from within one web application to
> a web service. Under Visual Studio 2005 (it's .NET 2.0) development server
> and on 2003 Server / IIS 6 this works fine. Recently (probably sometime in
> the last month) this has stopped working under IIS 5.1 for no obvious reason.
> We suspect it may be related to some recent security update but have not yet
> managed to identify what is going on.
>
> An example call looks something like this:
>         try
>         {
>             TestWS.localhost.Service1 oSvc = new TestWS.localhost.Service1();
>             string sResponse = oSvc.HelloWorld();
>             if (sResponse != null)
>             {
>                 Response.Write(sResponse);
>             }
>         }
>         catch (Exception ex)
>         {
>             Response.Write(ex);
>         }
>

> Where TestWS.localhost.Service1 is the .NET generated proxy class to call
> the service. Run this in the VS development server and out comes Hello World,
> deploy to IIS on XP and the following exception is caught:
>
> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
>    at
> System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest
> request)
>    at
> System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest
> request)
>    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
> methodName, Object[] parameters)
>    at TestWS.localhost.Service1.HelloWorld() in C:\Documents and
> Settings\mfishpool\My Documents\Visual Studio
>
> 2005\Projects\TestWS\Web References\localhost\Reference.cs:line 78
>    at ASP.default_aspx.__Renderform1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control
> parameterContainer) in
>
> c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TestWS\Default.aspx:line 17
>

> Inspecting the call using tcptrace shows the header is being sent but not
> the content. The content length is there, just nothing after the headers. I
> have a simple solution with two projects, web app and web services, which
> demonstrates this and I've reproduced it on several developers machines in
> our office. Happy to supply the example solution/projects to anyone who might
> be able to help with this.
>
> Any ideas of what's going on here, or possible avenues to explore?
>
> Thanks,
>

> --
> Mark

Exchange Best Practices Tool 2.5
When I download it, it downloads 2.1...? when I go to do the upgrade from the products, it try's to install 2.1 again...? What happened to 2.5...? Tks, Tom... On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:45:04 -0500, "Tom K" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote: >When I download it, it downloads 2.1...? when I go to do the upgrade from >the products, it try's to install 2.1 again...? > >What happened to 2.5...? > >Tks, >Tom... > Its there. I had the same problem. Go to another machine that does not have the ExBPA installed and download it manually then ...

Outlook 2003 read time
How do you change the "read" time for Outlook 2003 messages so that they don't get marked as being read when you have clicked on them for just a couple of seconds? I had to change the setting in Outlook 2000 so it would wait 5 seconds before marking a message read and would like to do it again for 2003. Thank you! Right click on the reading pane options (right click on the dark gray border around the reading pane) and choose Reading Pane options. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Pr...

Partitioning
Hi, I have filegroups called 2006, 2007, 2008 etc. I have files, one for each of our larger tables that belong to each filegroup. E.G. File Name File Group 2006_Transactions 2006 2006_Events 2006 2007_Transactions 2007 2007_Events 2007 etc... I have the folloinwg partitioning: CREATE PARTITION FUNCTION [PFBusDate](SMALLDATETIME) AS RANGE RIGHT FOR VALUES (N'2007-01-01T00:00:00', N'2008-01-01T00:00:00', N'2009-01-01T00:00:00', N'2010-01-01T00:00:00', N'2011...

Formula for computing work time in Excel
Hi, For instance, A1 = 8:20, B1 = 16:30. I need to compute in C1 the following: B1 - A1 - 0.5 hour. What is the formula? If I use formula B1 - A1 - 0:30 I get invalid value. Thanks, -- Alex Vinokur email: alex DOT vinokur AT gmail DOT com http://mathforum.org/library/view/10978.html http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn =B1-A1-TIME(0,30,0) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Alex Vinokur" <alexvn@big-foot.com> wrote in message news:uGyW$ZgvFHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > For instance, A1 = 8:20, B1 = 16:30. > I need to compute in C1 the fo...

Re: Count "hours", as 1 each? Example attached....Please Help!
I am totally stumped... I would like if possible to count how many hours each employee worked, from a pivot table. I have already captured how many scans each employee did, just need to get a count of total number of hours each worker worked. ( Productivity report ) Example: a b c d e f g H 1 employee 8 AM 9AM 10AM 11AM 12PM 1PM TOTAL 2 3 BOB 40 49 50 55 80 274 4 NANCY 50 60 50 100 30 290 5 SUE 25 20 20 20 85 blank cells are when the worker scanned ...

1.2 Proxy Dll and the .NET Framework 1.0
Is the version 1.0 Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll compatible with MS CRM 1.2 ? I've got an application using the CRM proxy running on the .NET Framework 1.0. I want to know what steps I need to take to upgrade the application to CRM 1.2. If the 1.2 proxy is required (which I assume it is) then I'll need to recompile the application - however from what I understand the proxy is only built for the 1.1 Framework. Can anybody confirm this? (I don't see any reason why Microsoft doesn't suppy a 1.2 proxy for the 1.0 Framework?!). Thanks a million, Anil Anil, I believe you should be ab...

CRM Time Clock Different Then System and Server Clock
Hi All, I have run into an odd situation whereas one of my users CRM lists a different time clock within CRM. When they create an entry in CRM there is a three hour difference between the time they enter it and what is actually recorded within CRM. For instance, the user will enter an update of information about a client and a conversation they had. They enter it at 11am and yet CRM shows that the entry was entered at 8am. Both the users local time clock and server are set for the correct time for Eastern Standard Time. This only appears to have happened with one user. No other ...

Installation Problem for Outlook Sales for CRM 1.2
I installed the Outlook Sales for CRM 1.2, however I cannot see the details of accounts, orders and etc. When I debug, I found the problem is that there is only one file(dmUpdate.xml) in folder of "\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client\res\Web\_xslfiles". All the files such as 1_Update.xsl and so on were not copied. When I copied them from CRM Server, everything works fine. Is it a bug in the Outlook sales installation package ? Thanks Drew ...

office 2004 update 11.5.1 Macintosh fails to find correct version
I'm running MacOS X 10.5.5 and have not previously had MS update problems. I am running a full legal copy of 2004 version 11.5.0 . When I tell one of the apps to check for updates it finds 11.5.1, and that downloads fine. But when it attempts to install it searches for some time and then says it can not find the correct version of Office to update. I've tried downloading it manually and running the updater by hand but that fails in exactly the same way. Manually running updaters for 11.5.0 or 11.5.2 result in exactly the same error, but 11.5.1 should work (since I'm o...

2 charts on 1 worksheet
I have 2 data sources that I want to make a chart for. This is for a company survey I need a chart for Performance and 1 for Importance. There are 12 questions that I need to make charts for. I really want to keep a Performance chart and an Importance chart for each question on the same worksheet. Any suggestions? I must be missing something... Select the performance data and use the Chart Wizard to create a chart. Then, select the importance data and use the Chart Wizard to create a chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA ad...

Exchange 5.5 server -- edb.log files are filling my hard drive!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 and my hard drive is filling up with all of the log files. The server is in the process of completing a full backup and hasn't finished yet but I have over 1GB of EDB.LOG files at this point in time and am running out of disk space. The weird thing is that about a month ago our backups weren't working properly and we enabled circular logging to prevent this from happening. When I check the server properties circular logging is still enabled on the Information Store but I have over 200 edb.log files!! I also noticed that the earliest log file is from 6:00 P...

MSCRM.fcat_documentindex.[7.5] Job failure
Hi Everyone, We upgraded from CRM 1.2 to 3.0 and one of our SQL jobs keeps failing throughout the day. SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Start_Incremental on Company_Name_MSCRM.ftcat_documentindex.[7.5]' (0x6397B54081099A4C810F3C7744F609F2) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2006-08-22 10:45:00 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 15 (Indexed Document Title Schedule). The last step to run was step 1 (Full-Text Indexing). When looking at the job history, I'm seeing: Executed as user: Domain\SQLAdminAccount. Full-Text Search is not enabled for the current database. Us...

Exchange Admin 5.5.
Hi, could anyone give me a hint where i can find informations about this error. I would like to connect to an exchange systems. I have the necessary permissions on this structure. I got back the error msg DS_E_Communications_Problem!!!!! Thanks for any help Cya Alex Perhaps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322051 On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 04:33:43 -0700, "Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >could anyone give me a hint where i can find informations >about this error. >I would like to connect to an exchange sy...

transferring emails from Outlook express 5 to Outlook 2002
Can anyone please help. I tried to import messages from Outlook express 5 to Outlook 2002. However after importing, many of my messages had wrong receipt dates! The import process changed the dates of the messages to current date and time. As a result, i can no longer sort the messages by dates. did anyone face this problem before? Any solutions? ...

Button on a activity phone call
Hello, I like to create a button on a activity phone call to automatically trigger a phone call when I select Outgoing button option. Can you help me? Thank’s in advance, Ricardo Sousa Hello Ricardo, We have a new Add-On for MS CRM which add a button to contact,account. After clicking on the button the Add-On will ask you which phone number(mobil,..) you want to call and then automatically trigger a phone call and create a phone activity. In the same way it works for incoming calls. This solution works only if you have a PBX. If you are interested please send me an email. Regards, Ch...

CISCO Call Manager integration
Does anyone have experience in integrating CRM with CISCO's VOIP Call Manager solution? We are looking for people who have successfully implemented the two systems and can assist us in network design, implementation and management. We are a CISCO partner, where are you located? "IPnewdevdude" wrote: > Does anyone have experience in integrating CRM with CISCO's VOIP Call Manager > solution? We are looking for people who have successfully implemented the > two systems and can assist us in network design, implementation and > management. ...

Missing Transactions in GL in GP 7.5 and SQL Server 2000
We have some transactions that Accounts Payable show as posted but the GL does not have a record of it: 1. What causes this to happen> 2. How do I check in SQL Server for this type of missing transactions? 3. How do I fix them? Thanks Dear Sean, First of all check what is your posting setup is. Tools> Setup> Posting > Posting > Serieas = Purchasing Check you have selected the create A journal Entry per Transaction or Batch. It could be possible that you have posted more than 2 transaction and system has posted the summary. You also need to verify that what is the account...

Exchange 5.5 relay Prohibited Auth checked
I have an Exchange 5.5 server. I have Rerouting open with Users and clients the Authenticate checked. It has been working fine for a year and now all of a sudden my pop3 users get a 550 relay prohibited error when sending mail. It works if I uncheck "users and clients that Authenticate". I don't want to leave it wide open. I know their user names and passwords are correct. What could cause this to all of a sudden stop working? What changed? Did you add or change a firewall? The reason I ask is that firewalls that do any sort of mail handling, where they accept then forwar...

I believe it would be called a rolling formula????
I have a complicated problem. I have a spread sheet that calculates employee points. The spreadsheet itself contains all the employee points ever earned. I need a way to only calculate the last six months. And then every time the months moves forward (from May to June) it will automatically calculate the last six months including June (ex. June back to January). The other points that were incluided from December on the spreadsheet need to stay there just not be calculated. Is there a way to do this and if there is how. Thank you -- Catherine Foster MBS-Aumsville Toll Free 800-682-14...

SQL Reporting Services and GP Users
I need to create a subscription-based report using SQL reporting services that will notify a select group via e-mail whenever one of our GP users doesn't logout by a given time each day. With that in mind, does anyone know exactly which tables I need to set as my data sources? The obvious answer would be the ACTIVITY table in DYNAMICS but logins can get stranded there if an abnormal client machine shutdown occurs. You might try sysprocesses in master. Ta, M. "cgbama91" <cgbama91@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B65BD9F5-6126-4B91-924D-A0F4FC97C70F...

Time calculation #3
How can I calculate average time using hundredths of a second? For example: 1:43:23,88 is 1 hour, 43 minutes, 23 seconds and 88 hundredths of a second. If I want to divide this with, say 20, it's not so difficult to do by excluding the hundredths. But how is it done including it? (I want to use it to calculate average lap time running tracks). // Roger (Sorry for my poor english...) Roger, If you haven't done so, format it to include hundredths. Format - Cells - Number - Custom: hh:mm:ss,00 hh:mm:ss,000 -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net --------...

Save as Web Page for Excel 2000
I am new to Excel 2000 and attempted to save an Excel Document as Web Page that can be changed interactively. However, when I change the content in that spreadsheet via IE, it seems that the underlying spreadsheet is not updated. Is there anything wrong ? Thanks You should "publish" not save as. In the SaveAs Web Page ... dialog box, click "publish". You have to edit via the excel.htm as it really isn't an IE web page. If you edit with IE you are only changing the html not excel data. . >-----Original Message----- >I am new to Excel 2000 and attempted...

Publique sus archivos Excel en la web en tiempo real
Publique sus archivos Excel en la web en tiempo real. consultas a consultor_4@hotmail.com presupuestos sin cargo. ...

Monitoring Users Mailboxes
As Admin, I have been asked to monitor a users mailbox. Our network consists of 5 domains (has 5 mailservers, with my main server retrieving the mail from our ISP and then distributing it to the other servers ). This user is in a different domain than I. My Outlook 2000 can't access the mailbox. I gave myself Admin rights to this persons mailbox. I have tried many ways to open the mailbox. I have logged onto the other domain from my PC and tried to configure Outlook to connect to the other domain mailserver but it always says it can't open the information store or there is...

Formula for counting specific cells which are greater than 1
I'm looking for a formula that will count specific cells (not a range - A17, A27, A37 and so on) that will have a certain value (above $1.00 to make it easy). So if the cell has a value of $1.00 or less it will not count in the total; If it is above $1.00 if will count. If A17 is above $1.00, A27 is $0.50 & A37 is $3.00 the count will be 2. ...