Prevent size of web controls from changing after accessing databas

Hello Community

    In an ASP.NET  using C# and SQL Server  on my web pages
there are different controls like labels, textboxes and dropdown boxes .

     The problem is that when information is entered into the
controls and the data is sent to the database or retrieved from the
database the size of the controls change.  Sometimes the controls
get smaller and sometimes the controls get bigger.  Also the font
sizes within the controls  changes  their size also.

    I tried setting the height of the controls in the controls
properties in the aspx  page but the size of the controls still change
after either retrieving or sending the data from the controls to the database.

     How can I make the size of the controls on my aspx web page
stay the same when either sending or receiving data to and from
SQL Server?

    Thanks
    Jeff

--
JB

"JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Community
>
>    In an ASP.NET  using C# and SQL Server  on my web pages
> there are different controls like labels, textboxes and dropdown boxes .
>
>     The problem is that when information is entered into the
> controls and the data is sent to the database or retrieved from the
> database the size of the controls change.  Sometimes the controls
> get smaller and sometimes the controls get bigger.  Also the font
> sizes within the controls  changes  their size also.
>
>    I tried setting the height of the controls in the controls
> properties in the aspx  page but the size of the controls still change
> after either retrieving or sending the data from the controls to the
> database.
>
>     How can I make the size of the controls on my aspx web page
> stay the same when either sending or receiving data to and from
> SQL Server?
>
>    Thanks
>    Jeff
>
> --
> JB

Setting the width of the controls ought to do it.

0
James

Easy Control question..
I have a dialog with some controls... and each control is linked to a member variable, such that i can the control value (eg a CEdit), and the linked member variable will change. How do i do the reverse? That is, at runtime i want to change the control. Say I have a CEdit with a member variable m_CEditVal. If I go m_CEditVal = "sdfsd", the CEdit does not update. How do I do this? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157275706.966396.172990@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... >I have a dialog with some controls... and each control is linked to a...

Mystery price changes-anybody experienced????
When I have been updating items in Manager, sometimes the price from the previous item automatically populates and changes on the next item. Has anybody experienced this? Very frustrating. Any suggestions? Apply the latest hotfix for RMS. This will resolve the issue. Mihir Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com "knightsbridge" <knightsbridge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BF21959-BD09-4005-B635-409A2EBD4570@microsoft.com... > When I have been updating items in Manager, sometimes the price from the > previous item automatically populates and changes o...

duplex printing question, change record order to line up with other side?
i have a report that i need to make the opposite side match up with the correct record. it is setup to print 4 records, 2 across then 2 below. like 4 post cards on a landscape page. records for each customer need to match up with the mailing address on the reverse side. so the records are switched if i were to make the report right now. basicly records start 1 and 2 on the top of the landscaped page then 3 and 4 under. so on the reverse side records need to be 2 and 1 then 4 and 3 under. i havent made the opposite side for mailing address yet. i need some info on how i need to do this....

receving email size limit
Hi, I have email send/receiving size limit setup for 5mb in exchange 2003 srv - globe setting/message delivery, but I'd like to permit certain users to receive emails > 5mb size, how can I set this up? I tried in user's exchange general setting/delivery restriction, it seems not working... do I have to restart anything after making changes? thanks al -- 007 You must override the global setting in the individual user account. ...

Remote Access to Web Client???
Are there any options for Remote Access to the Web Client? other than terminal services. ...

Change date format on report
My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple but I just can't get it to work for me. Thank so much for your help. On May 2, 1:50 pm, SITCFanTN <SITCFa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to > display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always > display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple...

Why does spell check change to English(US) on replies/forwards?
My default language is set to English(UK) spell checker reverts to English (US) when replying or forwarding messages. How can I change this so it is always English(UK)?Cheers,Tom ...

link Access workbook to Excel workbook
Can I link information from an Excel worksheet to an Access worksheet? Hello, In Access, clic on File menu, External data, link tables and follow each step. You'll have to define first row as heading label and that's it. regards "Toinett" wrote: > Can I link information from an Excel worksheet to an Access worksheet? ...

Creating Control with multiple comboboxes
Hello, I am using MFC VC6 and I am trying to create an activex control which contains multiple combo boxes but I am at a loss where to start. Does anybody know of a simple sample that could point me in the right direction. Thanks, Shaun Shaun wrote: > > Hello, > > I am using MFC VC6 and I am trying to create an activex control which > contains multiple combo boxes but I am at a loss where to start. Does > anybody know of a simple sample that could point me in the right > direction. > > Thanks, > Shaun The wizard sets up a skeleton ActiveX control project...

Combo Box changes after Microsoft Upgrade.
I have WindowsXP and Access2003. I have a Combo Box on a form used for finding a particular record. After downloading and installing the Office2003 upgrade (Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)), one of the columns (a text) Combo Box is blank. This remains blank even if I create a new Combo Box. Also, going back to a application backup I made in January2007, this column has become blank too. The Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3) is the only event which has occurred. Please help, Frank And, you've hit the nail on the head. It is SP3 which is causing this issue. From what I u...

Exchange 2007
I've been running the Exchange 2007 evaluation. On one of my configurations my messages weren't getting through so I tried to look at the mailbox size and the users connected. And I can't find how to do this in the graphical admin interface. I've asked some of my collegues and they don't know how to do it either. Am I missing something here? One of the first things I do on when arriving on a customer site is to check out the list of mailboxes and who is connected and I can't figure out how to do it on Exchange 2007. powershell get-mailboxstatistics will get y...

Sumproduct
I am using Sumproduct with three variables (Person, Product and Month). I am using data validation lists for the end user to select the person, product and month. I would like to be able to add a "Total" to the person list so that when the end user chooses "Total" and a product and month that the Sumproduct would only use the two other criteria (Product and Month) and be able to see the totals of those criteria for all Persons. I know I could nest IF THEN statements with the Sumproduct, but is there a better way??? Appreciate the help! No, an IF/THEN m...

view outlook calendar in web browser
I know there should be people who ask the same question before what I want is display the calendar in the outlook in a web page not using file->save as web page method it is sort of synchronizing with the outlook calendar whenever appointments changes, it will also show in the webpage the outlook i am using is 2002 version, and I am not using outlook web access to do this. need your help. thanks If you want a method that isn't built into Outlook, see = http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/olpubcal.htm for available solutions. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Micros...

Can't Use Outlook after changing Servers
Moved users from one server to another. Users map USER folder to U:\ drive, no chnage there. After move when trying to open Outlook it stops with an error that there is a security problem with the .pst file. There is none I can find. Tried deleting Outlook profile for user and installing a new one, came up with same pst file. tried adding a second pst file and get the same security violation, No other files have problems, WORD or Excel. ideas?? dave Admin ...

How to access a category name and code from vbscript
I am modifying the lineitem.html for the status bar in Store operation. I want to ask how can i access the category name and code for each item, i only can find a categoryid function, which is in the TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, but can not access the name and code for the category Raemond, You will need to retrieve the name and code via SQL using the ID: resultSet=QSRules.OpenRecordset("SELECT Name, Code FROM Category WHERE ID=" & TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, true) - Evan Culver New West Technologies Raemond wrote: > I am modifying the lineitem.html for t...

How to change the year?
I have a date column in my work sheet where I have enterred the year as 2005, but actually should be 2001. The cell format is date-month-year. My date range is B5:B55. How can I change the year on only for the dates in this range. Thanks. Victor Victor, The difference between a 2001 and a 2005 date is 1461. So do this: Put 1461 in a cell. Copy. Select B5:B55. Edit - Paste Special. Click "Values" and "Subtract." OK. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "la90292" <la90292@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ebnzG62qFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gb...

OWA Access Is Denied for Win2k Users on internet
Dear kind MVPs, Sorry for cross posting and the length.. but i am desperate for the solution. Heres the setup. one Win2k Server (DC) , One Win2k3 Server (DC+Exchange2k3), One server with Reverse-Proxy configured to direct all HTTP requests to the Exchange Server (working OK ). Assume my exchange server name is MyServer and Proxy Server is MyProxyServer and domain is MyDomain - names assumed for clarity otherwise valid IPs are used. I am able to login using http://MyServer/exchange interanlly ( XP + Win2k ) http://MyProxyServer/exchange from XP clients from internet but not from http://My...

IE cannot display web page
I'm using WinXP and IE7 on one computer and WinXP and IE8 on another. Both are fully updated--the OS and Flash and Java. Neither computer has been able to display one website. It's for a light fixture store; and when I phoned the store today, the people who work there said they use WinXP and IE and the site displays just fine (although someone else told them last week that the web page couldn't be displayed). Any idea how I can get to this site? It's http://lightoptions.net/ Thank you! Jo-Anne It doesn't display for me, both on my Win7 machine ...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

change range for multiple charts
Hi I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there a quicker way to do this? "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by > chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there > a quicker way to do this? I've written a little Excel add-in that performs mass edits of series formulas: How to Edit Series Formulas http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how-to-edit...

Change PST?
I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I want the default data location to be of my choosing. I assume I copy that data where I want it but how do I import it? "bobnewman backup.pst.pst". I am totally confused, both by the lack of documentation (that I can find) and the backup file name. I hope someone can help. Bob I found it! Thanks anyway. Bob "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net> wrote in message news:vD%7d.2900$TY2.272@lakeread04... > I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I > want t...

Managing spam emails
Hello, I have recently started using Outlook 2k3 and have a couple of questions about handling spam emails. I know you can just right-click on the Junk folder and delete all the messages inside. But, I like to at least preview the message list in the Junk folder before deleting everything, so that I can make sure that messages I want aren't being misdirected there and deleted by mistake. I know that often, just opening a spam email will activate an invisible "web bug" in web-based email that alerts the spammer that you've opened their message, and then they send you...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Sum of calculated controls in footers
I have a report with the following groupings: 1.) Claimant 2.) Group 3.) Carrier in the Claimant footer I have the a control named max_ded with the following calculation =Max([Ded]). I need to be able to sum this field at the "group level", and then sum the "group level sum" at the carrier level. I have tried to sum(max([Ded])) and I get error messages. I have tried Sum([max_ded]) etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Edit control
Hi, I have a dialog window to display as modal, in the dialog , there is a edit control, the focus is in edit control, I want to catch the enter key when user press enter in edit control, but the dialog close when I press enter key(I donot want to close the dialog). How can I catch the enter pressed message in dialog? Thanks Jessie Hi Jassie, Note that any time you press enter and if the focus is in an edit ctrl the CDialog::OnOk() func will be called. If you override CYourDlg::OnOk, it means that this func will be called, and, of course, it contains the call of CDialog::OnOk. Hence, y...