Order of events relating to a FormView inside a wizard step

Hi.

I am using asp.net 3.5SP1. I have a form view that is inside a wizardStep.
Inside the FormView, I have label controls I want to access and assign text
to when the wizardStep with the FormView on it becomes visible. Is it safe
to put this code in the FormView.ItemCreated event? More the less, does the
FormView.ItemCreated event fire when the WizardStep it is on becomes
visible? or is there more to it?

0
Andy

You use the event handlers of the Wizard control particularly the ActiveStep
property

"Andy B." <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I am using asp.net 3.5SP1. I have a form view that is inside a wizardStep.
> Inside the FormView, I have label controls I want to access and assign
> text to when the wizardStep with the FormView on it becomes visible. Is it
> safe to put this code in the FormView.ItemCreated event? More the less,
> does the FormView.ItemCreated event fire when the WizardStep it is on
> becomes visible? or is there more to it?

0
Hillbilly

Delegates and Events
The next part of C# I`m trying to get my head around is Events. I`m a bit confused why in some examples it says you declare an Event thus: public event EventHandler MyEvent and some have a delegate as well: public delegate void EventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e) public event EventHandler MyEvent. If the first one works (and it does) why use the second. Clearly I`m missing something. Can someone give me a nudge in the right drection. TIA, mick mick wrote: > The next part of C# I`m trying to get my head around is Events. I`m a bit > confused why in some examp...

events in forms
I have Form1() and inside it I instantialize Form2() wich is like tool window Form1() { Form2() form2 = new Form2(); form2.Show(); } how can i catch button_click events from form2 in Form1(). A form is a class as any other class so you could expose whatever you want by adding members to the Form2 class (if I remember you can even make a member public in the propery window). That said, in this particular case it might be beneficial to avoid exposing gory details i.e. it could be better to handle low level events in the Form2 class and expose higher level ...

Rules Wizard #15
I have had rules setup for some time now on Outlook 2002 and I have always used the rules wizard. Something has happened now and when I click on Rules Wizard it says "This command is not available. See the Program documentation about how to use this program." Does anyone have an idea about what is wrong and how I can fix it? Thanks, Roger ...

Event ID 3009 A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.1.0 appears randomly.
Exchange 2003 mail enabled Public Folder randomly don't receive e-mail from external sender, when it happens sender receives error : --------------------------------------------- Final-Recipient: rfc822;xxx@xxx.com Action: failed Status: 5.1.0 --------------------------------------------- Sometimes all work ok. Error in Application log : --------------------------------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: (8) Event ID: 3009 Date: 2005.12.21 Time: 11:43:32 User: N/A Computer: MailServerName Description: The description for Event ID ( 3009 ...

We are here for all your events!
Attention! Need an excellent event management for your business and home we must do events on your behalf with attractive Fees! Contact us :-) Rtlx Groups 61 PNS Gold Mahal, South Avani Moola Street, Madurai - 625 001, Ph No. 0452-4230735, MBL 9597766651/52 Website: www.rtlxgroups.com Email ID: rtlxgroups@gmail.com moorthy@rtlxgroups.com ...

Relative reference Chart data
Hi, This is probably easier than I make it out to be but here goes. I'm making a list of references I've been using for a research paper in excel and because the list is quite large (50 sources) I wanted to visually depict how useful each reference is. So I created a bubble chart with "relevance" on the x-axis and "quality of the source" on the y-axis which references a 1-4 scale for relevance and quality. That works fine, but when I want to sort references, let's say by date, the references for the chart data are absolute, which means if a Row is sorted up or ...

Template Wizard Add-In Nightmare
Does anyone know anything about this feature? Once I create a template of a form, I am trying to update a record that I previously added, however, I am not receiving that as an option. The only two options I get are "create a new record" or "close without updating". Help, Please! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Unable to access charts or chart wizard
I am able to access all the cells in my worksheet, but not able to click on the chart wizard icon (greyed out) or the charts (ignores clicks anywhere on a chart). All advice will be appreciated. Stupid clot! I had numerous worksheets selected as a group.......... "SouthAfricanStan" <me@there> wrote in message news:%23zydK0E7GHA.4620@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am able to access all the cells in my worksheet, but not able to click on >the chart wizard icon (greyed out) or the charts (ignores clicks anywhere >on a chart). All advice will be appreciated. > ...

On order but not open POs
On GP version 8: I have an inventory item that lists an On Order amount but there are no open purchase orders for this item. All purchase order amounts have been received and invoiced and closed purchase orders have been moved to history. Is there a way to determine why Great Plains thinks there is an On Order amount? Is there a way to zero out the On Order amount? Thanks, M. E. Houston Hi, did you try to Reconcile the Item? Tools-Utilities-Inventory-Reconcile -- Frederik Gagnon Analyst Programmer Dexterity Engineer "M. E. Houston" wrote: > On GP version 8: > &...

Set control AfterUpdate event to procedure in another module
Hi, i know i can set a controls AfterUpdate event to a user defined procedure if it is in the same module as the code, however is it possible to set it to a procedure in a different module? i.e. By setting in the OnFormLoad() event: cbo.AfterUpdate = "=Module1.Translate()" I cant get it to work, it just says "the expression you entered has a function name that microsoft office access cannot find". The Translate procedure is public. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris If Module1 is a standard module (not a class module, and not the module of a form...

Error occurred in deployment step 'Activate Features':
i receive an error when i deploy a simple visual web parts in by VHD ------=_NextPart_0001_A00A1332 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Ansari, Please mention the exact error message you are getting in ULS logs Look into application logs for related error messages. How to get the right set of ULS logs =========================================== Run following command on the Web Front Sever serving the SharePoint site: net stop sptrace net start sptrace These commands will force SharePoint to start logging to a new file. Now try to repr...

Any way to capture text in a textbox inside another application?
I need to write an application and need to find a way to "spy" on a textbox in another application. It will work the similar to the spy++ where you indicate that you want to spy on a control in another app, and the program will let you pick the control to spy on. From that point on, all the messages sent to the control will be routed to this program. I am wondering how spy++ does that and is there any sample in MSDN shows how to do that? Thanks Andy Andy, > I need to write an application and need to find a way to "spy" on a textbox > in another application. &...

Dynamic creation of owner-drawn button inside a dialog
Hi some months ago I created a owner-drawn button class that works really fine when assigning this class to a resource id via a DDX member variable. But now we want to reuse this class for dynamic creation of a button control inside the OnInitDialog member funtion of a dialog. Creating the control like that MyButton.CreateNULL,NULL,WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON|BS_OWNERDRAW,CRec t(0,0,100,100),this,2); seems to be OK. But the button never appeared inside the dialog. DrawItem of the button class is never called. So what may be missing? Thanks in advance Bernd How have you declared My...

Active synch error event id 3005
Hi all I am running exchange 2003 sp1 jsut recently i have a user who everytime he synchs i get an error in the app log on the server, its event ID 3005 Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [thebeast.insuranceskillscenter.com] User: [joeuser@domain.com] HTTP status code: [502]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly. Any idea on what is causing this? Thanks ...

Outlook Filters- Order?
Can someone help me with some info onthe use of outlook's filters. In particular I would like to know if various filters can be set in a order of when they operate?. Or is it that all filters just work together with no precedence ? Also could you tell me if I can get at individual filters or are they all inside *.pst files? David You mean Wizard Rules? (or Rules and Alerts in Outlook 2003) They fire in order from top to bottom. I don't know what you mean by your last question. Could you specify? don't forget to mention your version either. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]...

Create an order for multiple accounts
My issue: I am inporting a large database with accounts and contacts (approx. 13000 records) For the specific company I am doing this for, there is a history in the orders for a number of accounts (approx. 500 orders for 3 products). I want to create these orders in the CRM for this history, but cannot find out how to create these orders. Logically, I wanted to create 1 order and assign it to multiple accounts, but that does'nt seem to be possible. How can I best solve this? Logically I don't prefer to manually create each of 500 orders. Paul, by default on order is as you menti...

Order Entry and Leadtimes
We are having a lot of problems lately with our Customer Service Department entering orders at the appropriate lead-time. We have a lot of products with various lead times so the problem is understandable to a certain extent, but as you can imagine, this problem puts a strain on our procurement group and frustrates customers when we fail to meet commitments. Can something be done in Dynamics to prevent people from entering sales orders in the system inside the lead-time that is set-up for that item? What about a broader lead-time restriction? -- Eric Powers I think the only way to ...

No data event function
Hello. I have many reports and am trying to use a function to display a message when there is no data in the report: "Report has no data." The function seems to work in that if there is data, a report runs with the data. However, if there is no data, the report does not run but "Report has no data" does not appear to the user. I'd appreciate suggestions. Public gfReportHasNoData As Boolean Public Function PrintPreviewReport(pstrReport As String, pfPreview As Boolean, pstrWhere As String) As String 'Comments: Print or preview a report and handle errors 'ps...

How to change how a document (order, invoice) is printed?
Hi, i was wondering, how do we tell GP WHAT information to print on a sale order or invoice etc? I mean when i print a sale order or invoice there is always too much information written for each article, i want to have only ONE LINE of information for each article and not 2... how do i do it? Thank you! William! You would need to use Report Writer to modify the report. Print the order or invoice to screen and click the Modify button. This action will put you into Report Writer. You will need to set security to the modified report after you are done. To set security, launch Advan...

mfc class wizard problem on visual studio 2005
hi, all I found a problem of mfc class wizards (VS2005 with SP1). If a class doesn't inherit a MFC class *directly*, e.g. it inherit a class which inherit a well-known MFC class directly, you can only add message handlers by hand. And when you open the properties window of the class, you see the "Events", "Messages" and "Overrides" window are empty. For example: 1. create a new MFC class CMyDoc based on CDocument firstly. 2. create a second MFC class CMyDocEx based on CDocument. Because the wizards limit the base class to the well-known MFC class. 3...

Entry of new calendar event

Event ID:1233-FindOrCreateTokenContextEx Error: 0x80040955, 0xb72
Hello Folks, I see event "Function name or description of problem: FindOrCreateTokenContextEx Error: 0x80040955, 0xb72 "on Exchange 2003 SP# 1 Application Log; Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1233 Date: 7/6/2005 Time: 9:58:10 AM User: N/A Description: An error occurred. Function name or description of problem: FindOrCreateTokenContextEx Error: 0x80040955, 0xb72 There is an KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291397 but that is for differnt error. Any ideas? Athif MVP - Windows Server http://msmvps...

Utility To Relate Physical Drive To IDE Channel?
Tim Meddick was kind enough to take the time and effort to tell me how to do this myself - but I figure if I can do it, somebody may have written a little utility to do it a lot faster/easier. So... does anybody know of a utility that will relate physical hard drives to IDE Channels (as listed in Device Manager). It would need to return the drive's "Drive n" number, serial number or GUID. Windows seems to like to return drive model numbers - which is useless when there are many drives of the same make/model. -- PeteCresswell (PeteCresswell) wrote: > Ti...

Inventory Wizard doesn't update Matrix price
Hi All, In Store Operations using the Inventory Wizard to update prices, it changes the matrix components but not the matrix itself, anybody have a way of updating both at the same time? Thanks, CT ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 38268 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## ...

how do I create a drop-down list which is ordered from another table?
Thank you for checking out this post.. the subject is horrible, I kno but I wasn't sure how to phrase it correctly. Here's my dilemma: I have a table of data I call "tech_1" with columns. On another sheet, I want to be able to have 2 drop-down lists. The first drop-down list gives me a choice of 5 names, which are 5 o the columns in tech_1. (this is the easy part, here comes the hard part) Let's say I choose the name for column 3. In that column ar statistics for items. Sometimes a cell's value is 0. The names of th items are in column 1 of the tech_1 table...