MVC2: linking from one area view to another area view

I am working on an MVC 2 app. I have 7 different areas in it which has a
view that should be accessible from the home page (or anywhere else really).
The links most likely will go in a sitemap and get put on the apps master
page. Either way, How would I say link to Headlines/home/ from the apps
master page?

0
Andy

One (novel) approach in managing bookmarks.
I've found that a rather =93novel approach=94 as one of many (often mundane) ways in managing over 700 links of bookmarks divided into 50 categories. One of several means applied in managing bookmarks is to determine the average number of links per category (by dividing 734 (links) by 50 (categories) to equal and average of (14.68 to be exact)), or rounded- off to 14, and 15 as the average number of bookmarks per category. The specific categories that have 14, and 15 bookmarks are analyzed, and even (more often than not) contain overlooked links, which are found to tie into cu...

How do I run a recipient policy on one mailbox.
I have setup a policy for checking email folders. It works fine but when I modify it too run on just one of the user's, it still processes all the mailboxes. How do I create a recipient policy for just one mailbox? It is Exchange server 2000. Thanks, Frank did you modify the filter so it only picks up that user? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Zach" <zach@news.postalias> wrote in message news:079490D9-07F7-4427-B009-5F66C4F22DC8@microsoft.com... >I ...

Only one record shows in input form
Good morning, I have created a database with Access 2003. I imported 17 records from Excel into the products table. When I open the input form to add new or correct the existing records, the input form sees only one of the 17 records. Can someone tell me why? If it will help to look at the database, I have uploaded it to: http://www.netstore02.com/db/ It is titled "trouble.mdb" Thank you for whatever help you can give me!! :>) Mary Hartman <MaryHartman@smallville.og> wrote in news:k5b1k35btmcn75o4n3nsolrt6ht6j3vlhl@4ax.com: > > Good morning, > > I h...

Customize printing in Notebook view
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is it possible to print my notes created in notebook view such that the sections I have collapsed on the screen are also collapsed on the print? Whenever I collapse sections and try to print it, the sections don't end up collapsed on the print. ...

working with a tab control with no tabs in design view
I'm using a tab control in Access 2000, and the user requested to have buttons in the form header, instead of the built-in tabs (so that when they scroll down, they can still switch tabs). Now, this works fine. However, when I'm in Design View, I can't access the tabs without changing the tab control's Style back to Tabs. But I want to be able to place controls in that space at the top where the tabs used to be. But if I need to turn the tabs back on when I need to make design changes, then I can't do that. So the result is wasted space at the top of the tab control,...

Access 2007 Layout View for reports upgraded from Access 2003
I notice that in Access 2007 only those reports newly created in Access 2007 appear to have access to Layout View. In an ACCDB that had been converted from an Access 2003 MDB the reports that had originally been created in Access 2003 do not have access to this feature. Any attempt to do so is met with a "Layout view is unavailable for this Report." message. Is there any way, short of recreating the report and manually copying over its controls and code, to upgrade such reports so that Layout View is accessible? Hi Benjamin, 1. Open the report in design view 2. Open the property s...

Excel View
When I am using Excel I can not see my fill colors in Normal View. I can hit print preview and see the fill colors and the doc will print correctly, however I would like to see my fill colors as I am creating my spreadsheet. How do I get the program to do this? Check this out................ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=833258 The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or AutoShape object in an Office document does not change As directed, change the High Contrast setting in Windows OS for users' profiles. Gord Dibben MS Exce...

How does one talk to a USB port
Bought a bar code scanner, came with USB cable. No drivers or anything like that. I'm wondering how to listen to a device on a USB port. Hoping theres a microsoft class or something that makes it relatively easy. I've done serial ports before so familiar with the CreateFile idea, but cant find any MSDN info on how to talk to a USB port. Want to use VC++ Thx. You can use CreateFile,ReadFile, and WriteFile methods for accessing the USB. Cheers Jagadeesh "Vapour" <Vapour@net.com> wrote in message news:c1tq6d$qlo$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > Bought a bar code sc...

Spam sent to one user goes to other users ?
Users in general complain that all of sudden junk e-mail appears in their Inboxes, but I see that "to" line is to=myUserA@mycompany.com. That means that the spam that targeted myuserA appears in the inboxes of myUserB and everybody else. Although users that receive such e-mail are various so far, the "to" line is consistent 'to=myUserA'. This is very interesting because I do have MailEssentials running and blocking mail based on DNSBL. Have you ever seen such thing ? -----Original Message----- From: Beau Morton [mailto:whitener@doneasy.com] Sent: Friday, Marc...

How to pass value from one form to another form.
I have the following code in BookList.aspx: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <div> <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="LibSysDataSource" AllowPaging="True"> <Columns> <asp:BoundField DataField="AccessionNo" HeaderText="Accession No" /> <asp:BoundField DataField="Title" HeaderText="Title" SortExpression="Title&qu...

Is this realistic? Vista on HD and apps files etc. on another?
I want your opinion. I need to reformat and reinstall vista. A friend who insists he is an expert told me to partition HD and put the vista operating system on one drive and install and have everything else on another drive. The reason he said is if I need to reinstall vista I do not have to reinstall everything else like I am doing now. I am skeptical. (Definitely do not want this guy touching my computer.) Questions: 1. Assume I figure out and do this install configuration correctly. Can I actually reinstall Vista later if needed without causing trouble with my apps on t...

checkbox linked to a cell
Hello, I am programatically trying to add a checkbox. but it looks like you have to give pixal locations ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.CheckBox.1", Link:=False, _ DisplayAsIcon:=False, Left:=111.75, Top:=197.25, Width:=85.5, Height _ :=21.75).Select is there a way to add a checkbox and give the cell row / column? One way: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Dim OLEObj As OLEObject Set myCell = ActiveSheet.Range("b3") With myCell Set OLEObj = .Parent.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="F...

Changing Source excel file causes links in word to fail
I've got a Word document with about 600 links to an excel spreadsheet. Updating the links works fine until the source excel file is changed thenword changes some portion of the links from Unformatted Text to a spreadsheet cell. Changing the links manually or with a macro there are some observed changes in the links. The cells that change are changed from Automatic to Manual and this happens to all of the cells on a single Excel row. There's nothing wrong with the data and the spreadsheet formats are identical. When I go back to the original settings I can change the ...

Display ranges from one worksheet to another
I am running excel 2003. I have been given the task of creating a workbook where on one main sheet I want to display named ranges from up to 4 other worksheets based on the user selection. The ranges are work weeks and we want to be able to display 8 weeks at a time for resource planning. Can someone point me in a direction where I can find a way to do this? Thank you. Check Ron's site under the Copy/Paste section. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Opal" <tmwelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eb392038-e6ab-46b0-a3d6-eb0df5c7a0fd@h2g2000vbd...

Access 2003 linked tables causes read-only
Hi A weird one - I have an Access 2k mdb set with linked tables. Ive opened the set under Access 2003. If the link is to the c: drive (where the functions are) all is OK, but if I put the mdb with the tables in on a net drive (eg X:\.....) the tables become read only and I can find how to stop this.. Any help anyone, please???!!?? thanks Jim McDonald What permissions do you have on the folder where the mdb has been placed? You must have Change permissions (Read, Write, eXecute and Delete) on the folder, not just the file. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele ...

How to merge 10 files in one step?
Hi Everyone I would like to check is it possible to merge 10 files with the same format together with one step or less steps when compared to opening up 10 files and then copy and paste? I would really appreciate any help given... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements There is no way built into Excel to do a merge other than copy/paste. (Well, there is th...

Customising views in CRM 3
I altered the default active user view and the advanced find user view by adding the domain logon field. However when I then use those views the additional field does not appear. When I go back to the customisation screens for those views the additional field is not present. I executed iisreset but this had no effect. Where am I going wrong? Did you "Publish" those customizations? If you didn't, that's probably why you haven't seen the changes. Thanks, Mitch ...

Outlook
We're running Exchange Server 2003/Outlook and running into a problem with Public Folders. When an item is received via an email enabled public folder, there is a delay in that item displaying in Outlook. Sometimes the delay is a few minutes, other times is can be as much as 20 minutes. Interestingly, we have rules enabled on the public folders to notify users when specific items are recieved. These notifactions are sent immediately, yet looking at the public folder, you can not yet 'see' the item. This tells me Exchange has indeed recieved the item, but not yet updated Outloo...

Rotate a page to change its view in OneNote?
How do i rotate a page to change the view in OneNote? I want to rotate a page 90 degrees from portriat to landscape. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > How do i rotate a page to change the view in OneNote? I want to rotate a > page 90 degrees from portriat to landscape. There is no ability in ON to rotate a page, even not for pictures. But for pictures/printouts there is a powertoy: http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2007/12/14/image-rotator-powertoy-for-onenote-2007.aspx Bernd ...

One file in Excel will not open.
Can anyone offer help on this one? We have a user running Excel 2000 and there is one spreadsheet that is just over 3MB that he cannot open. If we try from another machine, the file opens no problem, but on his machine it will not. It appears to load the first worksheet, but the mouse stays in an hourglass and he cannot edit it. Eventually he has to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of the program. The odd thing is, he can open any other Excel sheet, even larger ones, without a problem! Can anyone give a suggestion? I have tried Excel in safe mode, I have tried an older version of the file that u...

Display page breaks in normal view in Excel 2007
Hi In Excel 2003, I could click on Tools/Options and then tick the "view page breaks" box, so that I could see dotted lines representing my page sizes in workbook (normal) view, but I can't find a similar command in Excel 2007, apart from Page Break Preview" view, which doesn't really suit what I want. Can somebody help please? Why not use View|PageBreak View since in XL2007 you can still edit the worksheet in this view? If it looks too small use the zoom slider on the status bar. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email ...

Problem with copying a to from date to another cell
I am trying to enter the first 7 days of the year in one cell. ie: A1 -> 1/2/05 to 1/8/05 And then I want to drag that down to 53 cells and have it copy in the following format. ie: A2 -> 1/9/05 to 1/15/05 A3 -> 1/16/05 to 1/22/05 etc... Is this possible? I would do it by using two separate columns, typing in the two top row dates, the highlight the area you wish to fill, then Edit > Fill > Series > Trend..........then when you have the two columns of dates, use a third helper column with this formula copied down...... =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&...

Link chart format to a cell
I want to create a chart that changes format depending on value in a special cell. For exemple a bar chart that for one value have blue bars (the whole chart) and for another value red bars? Please anyone? On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, vito <vito@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to create a chart that changes format depending on value in a special >For exemple a bar chart that for one value have blue bars (the whole chart) >and for another value red bars? You can't, it's not possible in Excel. But you can have two series, one which...

Changing database used with ODBC link
I have a excel spreadsheet containing many (we're talking thousand here!) of cells which look-up information via an ODBC link to our SQ Server database. This database has recently changed, so I need to mak every one of these queries point to a new database in the system Unfortunately the name of the database appears to be hardcoded in t each query. I have tried in vain to do a search and replace in a tex editor on the spreadsheet, but as I feared once I have done this th spreadsheet no longer opens. Is there any way to globally update the queries used? I don't fanc manually updating e...

Details gone in calendar view
In calendar view my appointments do not show any details unless I open the appointments up. I was able to 'hover' over an appointment and a bubble would show all that was not visible in calendar view. Now it's gone. I have no idea what I did to cause this. Any suggestions? Thanx!!! ...