Last and Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

What is Happening?
This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.

Why?
As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites.  This
move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier
for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redundancies and
make the content easier to find by customers and search engines through
improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and spam
management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by encouraging a
healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end, Microsoft will
begin to progressively shift available resources to the forums technology
and discontinue support for newsgroups.

In addition to offering a compelling online browser experience, for those
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
newsgroups community, we have developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality.  You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
NNTP Bridge here: http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
October 10, 2010.  Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased
approach,
starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more
active ones throughout the course of the next six months.

When will this Happen?
Effective the week of October 3, 2010, this newsgroup will be closed.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
In an effort to enhance and improve your experience, this newsgroup is
scheduled for closure in the upcoming week and we would like to invite you
to participate at http://forums.asp.net forum(s).  An
exact date will be posted in advance as plans are finalized.

Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
NNTP@microsoft.com

0
nntp

Recurring Calendar entry reminder
Problem Description: Everytime I start outlook I get a reminder msg for a reoccuring appointment, which had been deleted as I no longer needed that appointment in the future. When I click on dismiss I get the following msg. Cannot turn off the reminder. You may be reminded again. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment. Any assistance on how to clean this up would be appreciated. Operating System: Windows XP Did you try restarting outlook with the /cleanreminders switch? See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm if you need help using switch...

OT what's with microsoft.public.office?
Sorry to be off-topic, but wondering what's with microsoft.public.office. It's filled with spam and looks like it's not being monitored or maintained. At least microsoft.public.excel looks OK. Actually, I shouldn't have said microsoft.public.office was filled with spam, it just has a little bit--even that's too much, tho! I should have said microsoft.public.shortcutbar--that IS filled with spam. All this by way of saying "never mind my post" "insaprsr" <cmxlusegrp@xemaps.com> wrote in message news:pUSbd.19$oU3.2@trndny04... > Sorry t...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM config wizard
hi, getting this error message when inputting web addresses to use when trying connect to Microsoft CRM Server. client found response content type of", but expected text/xml. the request failed with an empty response. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Custom Membership, Role and Profile: Silverlight RIA Service http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ee9d9436-5e3c-4cb5-9323-68bc8ba3e476/custom-membership-role-a.aspx ...

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additionally, f...

Default Microsoft Exchange Services-Stopped
Unable to figure this out. I have a SBS 2k3 server, running Exchange 2k3. When it was first installed, I was able to connect mailboxes on clients, etc. Now, I'm unable to resolve the server from the client side. Opening Exchange System Manager, Servers-right click on Server-Monitoring tab, it shows 'Default Microsoft Exchange Services-Stopped'. When I click on it to view the details, all of the sub-services are running. Event logs are clean for the most part. Event ID 8026 does show up. Following the KB 272552, the recipient update service is already pointing to itself. I've ...

Microsoft Support
I run the latest patched version of Office 2004 on OS/X 10.4.5. I run Entourage which connects to my Exchange 2003 server, and Word/Excel etc with local storage which i replicate to the server using a third party (and troublesome) replication tool. There are a few problems with Office which are obvously bugs - but since the 10.4.5 update I have had issues with Entourage and time zones, culminating in a week where all my appointments were displayed an hour later than they were scheduled... The cause seems to a mismatch in timezones - OS/X and Win XP have an updated timezone for Australia for ...

Can't re-install data on Microsoft $ 2001 after computer crash
My computer crashed last week. I have reinstalled my Microsoft Money 2001 software. I have the back up data on two floppies. But I cannot get the back up data to transfer to the Microsoft Money 2001 program. I get the back up data to my C drive but no further. I have read the "Getting the Most from Microsoft Money 2001" and I followed the instructions carefully, but the instructions seem to be only for restoring the data to the hard drive, not to the Microsoft Money 2001 program. The prompt asks for account names, but all the account names were abbreviated, and I cann...

Delete reminders from reminder window
Outlook 2002 Is there a way to delete reminders/recurrences from the reminder window instead of opening the item and then deleting? Thanks in advance. ...

unistall microsoft 2007
I previously tried to install microsoft office 2007 but my computer was too slow so i turned it off to try and reinstall but it keeps telling me that the program is already in process of installing. How do i uninstall that previous program so that i can start over. When i check in my add/remove programs office 2007 is not there or i do not know the name of the file that is already installed See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledg...

Hi, will Microsoft Shared View work in an XPSP3 virtual machine
hosted in XP 64Bit Professional? -- ....scribble scribble scribble... ...

Ex 2003 sp1 stops responding #2
Hello! Yesterday we experienced the problem described in KB830829, Event ID 9646 : maximum of 848 objects of type "objtMessage" after one user bulk deleted thousands of spam mail. We have increased this value from default 250 earlier trying to get rid of the error messages. But yesterday Exchange stopped responding after having this error. Microsoft say this is a known problem, does anyone know if they have a fix for this (server stop responding). We have put the value of "objtMessage" back to default 250, since I dont know if it is the increased value which caused ...

Microsoft 2007
What is the formula for a percent change between 2 cells? Everything I am trying will not work with the 2007 version. I have used the formula I know in an older version and it worked fine. Please help Try this:- =((A1-B1)/A1)*100 If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "christie" wrote: > What is the formula for a percent change between 2 cells? > Everything I am trying will not work with the 2007 version. I have used the > formula I know in an older version and it worked fine. > Please help Try dividing. We use the % si...

FWD: Prove pack from the Microsoft Corporation
--opjdtzpfezcqbsr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wraqpgezzp"; type="multipart/alternative" --wraqpgezzp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ufegirtjaltpfmqki" --ufegirtjaltpfmqki Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Insta...

Pivottable last 6 months
I have a pivot table with customers down the left side (rows - (Name)) and the dates along the top (columns (date)) with sales as the data (Sum of Sales). All of it is linked to an Access db query so the info is constantly updated. I want to show the change in sales to each customer over a 6 month period current year to previous year. I thought about creating more queries in Access so that only the last 6 months shows and then the same period of the previous year and importing them as 2 seperate fields (current_sales, previous_yr_sales) fields then doing a calculated field ([curre...

Microsoft 2007 Excel quirks with Charting
Has anyone had this happen to them yet? I have created an SPC line chart with my data. I add my titles, logo, copyright info, etc. Everything looks great. I save and close it. When upon opening it again, everything within the chart is distorted. The Y axis is about 1" high, the images and copyright I inserted are huge and distorted. So I basically need to go back in and readjust all elements of the chart to original size and shape. It's driving me crazy! However, what I have noticed, is that once you open the chart for the first time in 2007 version, it does this, you f...

FWD: Use these correction pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--zwnqscijrsonfn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lrejpiap"; type="multipart/alternative" --lrejpiap Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wbknhuicg" --wbknhuicg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping you...

Will people like Giganews retain discontinued Microsoft groups?
Someone was asking, what happens to all our postings in Microsoft groups that are about to be discontinued. The response was, everything disappears and can no longer be accessed. But what about, say, Giganews, which has text retention currently of 2518 days? Will all the postings in the 2518 days before shutdown stay there, gradually disappearing one day at a time for the next six years plus? Okay, I could ask them; but I assume there are other providers that might or might not keep their copies of our postings while not allowing new ones. Is anyone here informed on how this stuf...

Exchange 5.5; To Address not last, first
In exchange 5.5 in the global address book all the names are listed as lastname, firstname. How can I make it read firstname then lastname. This for writting emails with outlook. In Administrator, click on OPTIONS-TOOLS and in AUTO-NAMING tab go ahead change the Display Name Generation mike "David Lewis" <*@*.*> wrote in message news:2lin305ntectp47clc85b3ouappdfejqap@4ax.com... > In exchange 5.5 in the global address book all the names are listed > as lastname, firstname. How can I make it read firstname then lastname. > This for writting emails with outlook. ...

Outlook error "Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library
What a problem "Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Outlook.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unuasual way. Please contact the application support team for more information." And then it shuts outlook down. Looked in event viewer and SNDsrvc started at or close to same time .dont know what that is...no reference to outlook..please help?? .. ...

Excel Microsoft query
Hi I have a few queries, 1. Can a .txt file be joined to another database table? 2. Can I join a two tables in different sheets in the same workbook? 3. I tried to query a table on Excel sheet using the source as Excel Files*, but a field populated with numbers returned blank cells as the results. Why? ...

IE 8 loses last tag(s) and displays </ at bottom of page
Hi everyone, I have a java web app that generates HTML pages and sends them to IE 8 clients. The HTML appears to be well formed and includes all required ending tags and I have verified that the entire HTML stream is flushed to the client and that the proper content length is set in the response headers. On some pages, the client page seems to cut off somewhere near the end of the HTML (sometimes within a hidden input definition or usually within the trailing </html> tag. The view source shows me that the end of the html is missing which explains why the </ appea...

microsoft update KB936960 wont download
I keep receiving new updates to install but 2 always fail! KB936514 & KB936960! ...

Check that correction patch for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--tgikutlbcborn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vtbptissvsfvuitv"; type="multipart/alternative" --vtbptissvsfvuitv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lvvwgfnzorfi" --lvvwgfnzorfi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure fro...

Sum the last seven days?
I have a list of daily figures that is being added to every day (one for ea= ch day). Each day is listed in the rows. I would like a formula that woul= d give me the sum of the last seven days changing daily to take into consid= eration yesterday's figures being added to the list. Thanks in advance... Bob. last 10 columns. Modify to suit =3DSUM(2:2)-IF(COUNT(2:2)>10,SUM(A2:INDEX(2:2,COUNT(2:2)-10)),0) or try =3DSUM(OFFSET(a2,MATCH(1E+30,a:a)-1,0,-7,1)) On Jan 19, 9:05=A0am, Bob Newman <newmaga...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a list of daily figures that is being added to ...

Microsoft Office Service Pack 3 Problem
Hi All. Since installing Office 2003 Service Pack 3 we have been experiencing problems on multiple machines with data entry in an Access 2003 form linked directly to the table in a Project file. The table has 3 bit fields whose default value is Zero in each case. The form has a CheckBox for each of these fields. Again the default property inherits the 0 default value from the table. The form also has a before insert event that retrieves some values via an ADO recordset to populate some other fields. As soon as the first value has been retrieved the form sets the value in each of the b...