Is SQL 2000 tran working with VS2008?

I code a store procedure mySP in SQL 2000 in which using transaction.
I used two ways to test after saving sp.

1) rename one table
or
2) rename column name

If I use "exec mySP" in SQL 2000 query window, error will catch but ASP.NET
try-catch will catch nothing, it always return no error.

Is SQL 2000 tran working with VS2008?

aspfun

On Feb 5, 10:15=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote:
> I code a store procedure mySP in SQL 2000 in which using transaction.
> I used two ways to test after saving sp.
>
> 1) rename one table
> or
> 2) rename column name
>
> If I use "exec mySP" in SQL 2000 query window, error will catch but ASP.N=
ET
> try-catch will catch nothing, it always return no error.
>
> Is SQL 2000 tran working with VS2008?

ms.aspx/asp-net/201002/1

Are you sure that you execute SP from ASP.NET, does it work when table
is not renamed?
0
Alexey
2/5/2010 10:52:04 PM
Alexey Smirnov wrote:
>> I code a store procedure mySP in SQL 2000 in which using transaction.
>> I used two ways to test after saving sp.
>[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
>> --
>
>Are you sure that you execute SP from ASP.NET, does it work when table
>is not renamed?

Yes, I try to figure out the problem for two days but no luck.

aspfun
2/5/2010 11:32:26 PM
"aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote in message

>> Are you sure that you execute SP from ASP.NET, does it work when table
>> is not renamed?
>
> Yes, I try to figure out the problem for two days but no luck.

Please show your code.

Also, FYI, SQL Server 2000 has not been supported by Microsoft for nearly
two years unless you have taken out an extended support contract:
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?sort=PN&alpha=SQL+Server+2000&Filter=FilterNO

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

0
Mark
2/6/2010 1:40:18 PM
Mark Rae [MVP] wrote:
>>> Are you sure that you execute SP from ASP.NET, does it work when table
>>> is not renamed?
>>
>> Yes, I try to figure out the problem for two days but no luck.
>
>Please show your code.
>
>Also, FYI, SQL Server 2000 has not been supported by Microsoft for nearly
>two years unless you have taken out an extended support contract:
>http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?sort=PN&alpha=SQL+Server+2000&Filter=FilterNO

Here is the code copied from
In asp.net code behind, I use try-catch try to catch any error but never
catch it.
In SQL database, if I rename Employees to Employeesx or change column
DepartmentID to DepartmentIDx, record will not be deleted (it is right)
without any error (it is wrong, suppose catch an error).

CREATE PROCEDURE DeleteDepartment
(
   @DepartmentID    int
)
AS

BEGIN TRANSACTION

DELETE FROM Employees
WHERE DepartmentID = @DepartmentID

IF @@ERROR <> 0
 BEGIN
    ROLLBACK
    RAISERROR ('Error', 16, 1)
    RETURN
 END

DELETE FROM Departments
WHERE DepartmentID = @DepartmentID

IF @@ERROR <> 0
 BEGIN
    ROLLBACK
    RAISERROR ('Error', 16, 1)
    RETURN
 END

OMMIT

aspfun
2/7/2010 9:03:42 AM
aspfun via DotNetMonster.com wrote:
>>> Yes, I try to figure out the problem for two days but no luck.
>> Please show your code.
>>
>> Also, FYI, SQL Server 2000 has not been supported by Microsoft for nearly
>> two years unless you have taken out an extended support contract:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?sort=PN&alpha=SQL+Server+2000&Filter=FilterNO
>>

> Here is the code copied from
> http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/080305-1.shtml
> In asp.net code behind, I use try-catch try to catch any error but never
> catch it.
> In SQL database, if I rename Employees to Employeesx or change column
> DepartmentID to DepartmentIDx, record will not be deleted (it is right)
> without any error (it is wrong, suppose catch an error).
>
> CREATE PROCEDURE DeleteDepartment
> (
>    @DepartmentID    int
> )
> AS
>
> BEGIN TRANSACTION
>
> DELETE FROM Employees
> WHERE DepartmentID = @DepartmentID
>
> IF @@ERROR <> 0
>  BEGIN
>     ROLLBACK
>     RAISERROR ('Error', 16, 1)
>     RETURN
>  END
>
> DELETE FROM Departments
> WHERE DepartmentID = @DepartmentID
>
> IF @@ERROR <> 0
>  BEGIN
>     ROLLBACK
>     RAISERROR ('Error', 16, 1)
>     RETURN
>  END
>
> OMMIT

Well, you would 'return' @@ERROR as an Output parm from the sproc and
check the Output Error code in your code that called the sproc.

If Output Return code <> 0, then the sproc aborted.

You should look-up how to return an output parm from a SQL Server Stored
Procedure.

So, on one hand, you have try/catch looking for SQL exception, but on
the other hand, you are looking at the Output Parm Error code. If Output
Parm Error code = 0, then ok, else terminate program.
0
Mr
2/7/2010 10:37:22 AM

>> Please show your code.

> Here is the code
>
> CREATE PROCEDURE DeleteDepartment
<snip>

That's great, but now please show your code...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

0
Mark
2/7/2010 10:54:27 AM
Mark Rae [MVP] wrote:
>>> Please show your code.
>
>> Here is the code
>>
>> CREATE PROCEDURE DeleteDepartment
><snip>
>
>That's great, but now please show your code...

I did use output parameter as set @myerror = @@error.
In ASP.NET catch block, @myerror is cought but always = 0 no matter how to
test, such as rename table or rename column name. (both tests should return
@myerror <> 0 but not)

aspfun
2/7/2010 11:06:23 AM
aspfun via DotNetMonster.com wrote:
>>> Here is the code
>>>
>>> CREATE PROCEDURE DeleteDepartment
>> <snip>
>>
>> That's great, but now please show your code...
>>
> I did use output parameter as set @myerror = @@error.
> In ASP.NET catch block, @myerror is cought but always = 0 no matter how to
> test, such as rename table or rename column name. (both tests should return
> @myerror <> 0 but not)

Well, if any T-SQL statement is executed after the error and the
statement is successful, then @@error is going to equal 0. Each T-SQL
statement that is successfully executed after the error is going to
override what ever was in @@error when the error occurred.

The error was not critical enough to throw a SQL exception, and the
sproc executed other T-SQL statements after the error, which resulted in
@@error being set to 0.

It doesn't seem you're trapping the @@error at the right time possibly.
0
Mr
2/7/2010 11:30:19 AM
On Feb 7, 10:03=A0am, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote:

> >> Yes, I try to figure out the problem for two days but no luck.
>
> >Please show your code.
>
> >Also, FYI, SQL Server 2000 has not been supported by Microsoft for nearl=
> >two years unless you have taken out an extended support contract:
> >http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?sort=3DPN&al.=
>
> Here is the code copied fromhttp://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/080305-=
1.shtml
> In asp.net code behind, I use try-catch try to catch any error but never
> catch it.
> In SQL database, if I rename Employees to Employeesx or change column
> DepartmentID to DepartmentIDx, record will not be deleted (it is right)
> without any error (it is wrong, suppose catch an error).
>
> CREATE PROCEDURE DeleteDepartment
> (
> =A0 =A0@DepartmentID =A0 =A0int
> )
> AS
>
> BEGIN TRANSACTION
>
> DELETE FROM Employees
> WHERE DepartmentID =3D @DepartmentID
>
> IF @@ERROR <> 0
> =A0BEGIN
> =A0 =A0 ROLLBACK
> =A0 =A0 RAISERROR ('Error', 16, 1)
> =A0 =A0 RETURN
> =A0END
>
> DELETE FROM Departments
> WHERE DepartmentID =3D @DepartmentID
>
> IF @@ERROR <> 0
> =A0BEGIN
> =A0 =A0 ROLLBACK
> =A0 =A0 RAISERROR ('Error', 16, 1)
> =A0 =A0 RETURN
> =A0END
>
> OMMIT

ms.aspx/asp-net/201002/1

Here's the code that works

 SqlConnection conn =3D null;

            try
            {
                conn =3D new SqlConnection("....");
                conn.Open();

                SqlCommand cmd =3D new SqlCommand("DeleteDepartment",
conn);
                SqlParameter p =3D new SqlParameter("@DepartmentID",
xxx);
                cmd.Parameters.Add(p);
                cmd.CommandType =3D CommandType.StoredProcedure;
                cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Response.Write("Error: " + ex.Message);
            }
            finally
            {
                if (conn !=3D null)
                {
                    conn.Close();
                }
            }

Tested against SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.2187 (x86) Enterprise Edition
(Build 2195: Service Pack 4)

Hope this helps
0
Alexey
2/8/2010 8:45:28 AM
Alexey Smirnov wrote:
>[quoted text clipped - 46 lines]
>> --
>
>Here's the code that works
>
> SqlConnection conn = null;
>
>            try
>            {
>                conn = new SqlConnection("....");
>                conn.Open();
>
>                SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("DeleteDepartment",
>conn);
>                SqlParameter p = new SqlParameter("@DepartmentID",
>xxx);
>                cmd.Parameters.Add(p);
>                cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
>                cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
>            }
>            catch (Exception ex)
>            {
>                Response.Write("Error: " + ex.Message);
>            }
>            finally
>            {
>                if (conn != null)
>                {
>                    conn.Close();
>                }
>            }
>
>Tested against SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.2187 (x86) Enterprise Edition
>(Build 2195: Service Pack 4)
>
>Hope this helps

Thank you. I'll test it.
I just check sql server in our company, they are only have sp2 installed.
(sp4 is available for a long time). Is it cause problem of not catching error?

aspfun
2/8/2010 4:08:43 PM
On 8 Feb., 17:08, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote:
> >[quoted text clipped - 46 lines]
> >> --
orums.aspx/asp-net/201002/1

> >Here's the code that works
>
> > SqlConnection conn =3D null;
>
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0try
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0{
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0conn =3D new SqlConnection("....");
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0conn.Open();
>
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0SqlCommand cmd =3D new SqlCommand("Delet=
eDepartment",
> >conn);
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0SqlParameter p =3D new SqlParameter("@De=
partmentID",
> >xxx);
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0cmd.Parameters.Add(p);
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0cmd.CommandType =3D CommandType.StoredPr=
ocedure;
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0}
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0catch (Exception ex)
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0{
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Response.Write("Error: " + ex.Message);
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0}
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0finally
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0{
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0if (conn !=3D null)
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0{
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0conn.Close();
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0}
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0}
>
> >Tested against SQL Server =A02000 - 8.00.2187 (x86) Enterprise Edition
> >(Build 2195: Service Pack 4)
>
> >Hope this helps
>
> Thank you. I'll test it.
> I just check sql server in our company, they are only have sp2 installed.
> (sp4 is available for a long time). Is it cause problem of not catching e=
rror?

ms.aspx/asp-net/201002/1

Well, I don't think that this is a server issue. I think your code was
wrong
0
Alexey
2/8/2010 6:13:44 PM
Alexey Smirnov wrote:
>[quoted text clipped - 42 lines]
>> --
>
>Well, I don't think that this is a server issue. I think your code was
>wrong

I checked my code, it is the same as yours.

Protected Function Test(ByVal _id As Integer) As Boolean
		Dim myDSN As String = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("ConnectionString")
//get connection from web.config
        Dim myConn As New SqlConnection(myDSN)
        Dim mySQLCommand As New SqlCommand("sSQLTransation", myConn)
        mySQLCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure

        Dim prmid As New SqlParameter("@DepartmentID", SqlDbType.Int, 4)
        prmid.Value = _id
        mySQLCommand.Parameters.Add(prmid)

        Using myConn
            Try
                myConn.Open()
                mySQLCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
                myConn.Close()
                Return True
            Catch ex As SqlException
                 Me.lblMessagebar.Text = ex.Message
                 Return False
            Finally
                If myConn IsNot Nothing Then
                    myConn.Close()
                End If
            End Try
        End Using
	End Function

aspfun
2/8/2010 6:46:01 PM
Alexey Smirnov wrote:
>>> [quoted text clipped - 46 lines]
>>> Here's the code that works
>>> SqlConnection conn = null;
>>>            try
>>>            {
>>>                conn = new SqlConnection("....");
>>>                conn.Open();
>>>                SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("DeleteDepartment",
>>> conn);
>>>                SqlParameter p = new SqlParameter("@DepartmentID",
>>> xxx);
>>>                cmd.Parameters.Add(p);
>>>                cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
>>>                cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
>>>            }
>>>            catch (Exception ex)
>>>            {
>>>                Response.Write("Error: " + ex.Message);
>>>            }
>>>            finally
>>>            {
>>>                if (conn != null)
>>>                {
>>>                    conn.Close();
>>>                }
>>>            }
>>> Tested against SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.2187 (x86) Enterprise Edition
>>> (Build 2195: Service Pack 4)
>>> Hope this helps
>> Thank you. I'll test it.
>> I just check sql server in our company, they are only have sp2 installed.
>> (sp4 is available for a long time). Is it cause problem of not catching error?
>>
>> --
>
> Well, I don't think that this is a server issue. I think your code was
> wrong

Hear! Hear! ADO.NET and SQL server have been around a long time for it
to be a SQL server issue.

The OP is doing something wrong in code.

0
Mr
2/9/2010 12:05:58 AM
On Feb 8, 7:46=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote:
> >[quoted text clipped - 42 lines]
> >> --
orums.aspx/asp-net/201002/1

> >Well, I don't think that this is a server issue. I think your code was
> >wrong
>
> I checked my code, it is the same as yours.

There are few things in your code where it might be wrong.

1) sSQLTransation is not the same stored procedure
2) check if ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("ConnectionString")
returns correct database
3) check if lblMessagebar is visible and you don't change its text
after calling the Test() function

It must be something in the code. Try to simplify it as much as
possible (for example, create a test page where you run only one
function and see what happens)

Hope this helps.

0
Alexey

SQL vs. VBA
I am learning (slowly) how and where to use VBA and SQL. I've noticed that some jobs can be done using either. For example, I can have a button with 'ON CLICK' code including the SQL fragment: UPDATE tblData SET Description = "Not Available" , but I can do the same thing with a Sub containing a code fragment like: With rstData Do While Not .EOF !Description = "Not Available" .Update .MoveNext Loop End With It seems like there are probably many jobs that can be done with VBA alone ...

Problem After Conversion from Access 97 to 2000
I have created a database file about 4MB in Access 1997, we have about 5 people in the office to use it, and there is no log in process. There is only one Main Menu and I have placed links to many forms on it. I have recently converted it into Access 2000. After conversion we often get the error message, "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. Your design changes will not saved" when we input data in some of forms. Actually, the entry is saved even this message keeps popping up. I have tried to fix this problem by clicking on Debug command and Compile RW...

Copying access 2002 to create access 2000 database
I have Access 2002 with a database I created for a friend. My friend has Access 2000 at work. I need to make a copy of the database and convert it to Access 2000. Then I will send it via Internet and have it copied to the PC at work. What is the procedure to convert a copy of an Access 2002 database to Access 2000? Thanks It's entirely possible that it's already in Access 2000 format: that's actually the default format for Access 2002. Look under Tools | Database Utilties | Convert Database. If it's already in Access 2000 format, the option to convert to 2000 will be...

Does this SQL Statement Look Safe to Run?
I need to update reorder and restock based on the mpq listed in the supplier table. I wrote a select to check: select item.description, item.itemlookup code, item.restocklevel, item.oreorderpoint, item.id, supplierlist.itemid, supplierlist.masterpackquantity from supplierlist where item.id = supplierlist.itemid then I wrote an update: update item set item.reorderpoint = 1 from supplierlist where supplierlist.masterpackquantity <=1 and item.id=supplierlist.itemid I ran through several permutations of this query to get the results I wanted on an offline db, and everything looks good, ...

OUTLOOK 2000
No matter what I do I can't get outlook to open. It says - The Server containing the Global Address List is no longer available. Try again. But it doesn't give me an alternative server or tell me where to find one. I am trying for help this last time - after this I think I'll forget about trying to use Outlook Many thanks for your time Best wishes Teresa ...

Convert Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000
Okay... Several hours later.... I have repaired the Outlook 2003 beta install. I have also installed installed Outlook 2000. **** All I need now is to be is to convert from Unicode data to non-Unicode (for Outlook 2000).************** FROM Outlook 2003 Help - (I need to do the opposite.) {Convert a non-Unicode data file (.pst) to a Unicode data file (.pst) Show All Hide All There is no automatic way of converting a Microsoft Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders file (.pst) to a Unicode- capable Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders file (.pst) file. The easiest way to convert a non...

Creating a rule in Outlook 2000
Hi there, I have created a rule to move emails from the inbos to another folder. It does this without a problem. I would like it to mark them as read as well. Does anyone know how to do that. I can't find anything in help or the knowledge base. Ta Ellie You would need to use a third party add-in for this -- two such addins, MarkRead and AutoRead, are listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/custom.htm. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:...

Contact list icon won't work
Hi there, I've got Windows 7 and in WLM after a re-install the contacts icon won't take it anywhere.... Any ideas? Thanks, Gordon Do you mean that Contacts icon at the bottom of the Folder Pane? Are you using the released version (2009) and not the 2010 Beta? In the 2009 version, the contacts opens its own Window which normally opens on top. But I suppose it could open minimized, off screen or some other issue. On the task bar for the WLM icon do you see a second window there (offset shadow)? To get a window back on the screen, try this: - Use Alt/...

"Backspace" key doesn't work right in MSWord
For some time now, I haven't been able to use my backspace key to delete large portions (selected by highlighting) of text. I have to use the "delete" key. Similarly, I cannot just "write over" highlighted text that I want to replace. (This has become quite frustrating.) My MSWord application hasn't always had I this problem, so I'm thinking I must have accidentally change a setting some time ago. I don't have this problem with any of my other applications. Thank you SO MUCH for your help! Sincerely, cjouelle Go into Word Options and check ...

Excel 2003 Format Painter
The keyboard shortcut for format painter in Excel 2003 doesn't work. >From Microsoft Excel's website: "To copy formatting, select the text, control, or other object with the attributes you want to copy, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+C. To apply the copied formatting, click the object you want to copy the attributes to, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+V." I cannot toggle Format Painter either, as described in some forums: CTRL+SHIFT+P. (I do NOT have InfoPath 2003.) Any advice? Thank you! You say you found that on the Excel website, but the only place I can find it is on the ...

Java script help please
hi I am trying to work with two dates on phone call entity in crm - actual start and scheduledend what i want to achieve is - set the actual start date to current date if it is null and then add 5 working days to actual start date below is the code i am using var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE: crmForm.all.actualstart.DataValue == null crmForm.all.actualstart.DataValue = new Date(); crmForm.all.scheduledend.DataValue=dateadd("w",5,actualstart) break; case CRM_FORM_TYPE...

Password won't work
I believe I've read all the password problem posts but haven't found my answer. My new computer is running Vista, I have loaded Money 2006 Deluxe on, and when I try to open a backup file it asks for my password. I enter my password and it will not accept it. Please help - my life is in that file. -- Thanks!! Slim In microsoft.public.money, Slim in Mexico wrote: >I believe I've read all the password problem posts but haven't found my >answer. My new computer is running Vista, I have loaded Money 2006 Deluxe >on, and when I try to open a backup file it ask...

Official document about restoring SQL Server 2000 logs to SQL 2K5
Hello, I am trying to get a document, a technote or something, telling officially that the transactional logs of a SQL Server 2000 SP3 can be restored to a SQL Server 2005 SP3 database. Did you see anything like that ? Thanks in advance, Regards, Vincent Hi You can restore database backed up on SQL Server 2000 and restore on SQL Server 2005/2008 Are you trying to log ship between SQL2K and SQL2005? "Vincent D." <VincentD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:197AF810-0295-442C-AB8F-794957C6869D@microsoft.com... > Hello, > &g...

convertor from ODBC to visio 2000
i have a relations about 100 tables made in ODBC i want to convert them to Visio 2000 , so i can desgin the tables in away that can be more understandable. need help thank you I think you may be confused due to the fact that odbc is a link to a data, not data itself. You have two issues first the database and second whether you have a version of v2000 that supports data modeling. I believe the datamodeling 3.1 may still be available as a download (not sure if it works with v2000) al "klfa" <ramadanam@mea.com.lb> wrote in message news:9ea7e9f69b694d2db814ed77fb220049@...

sql 2008 Simple Dynamic query
HI all I am run this simple query on sql 2008 and getting erro declare @sql as varchar(50) select @sql='select order_trn.fac_order,order_Trn.article_no from order_trn where order_trn.fac_order like 'N-5%'' EXEC(@sql) Please help thanks Hmmm, do you really need dynamic? select @sql='select order_trn.fac_order,order_Trn.article_no from order_trn where order_trn.fac_order like ''N-5%''' See if the above works, I hope you are aware of SQL Injection.... "Capri" <NoEmail@NoDomain.com> wrote in messag...

Move Mailbox 55 to 2003 delegate/client permissions not working
Hi Hope someone out there can help. We recently started moving mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. What we find is that users who remain on the old system and which had permissions to certain folders of a user moved to 2003 can no longer access these resources. Now here is the strange part, on this particular 2003 user, when you remove the permissions on Outlook and recreate them the 55 user can still not access the folder. BUT, if I assign permissions to a completely diff Mbx (previously migrated to 2003) on 2003 then the 55 user can access the resources. We have many users w...

Money 2000 asking for password
Money 2000 asking for password for a file that was not previously password protected. The PC concerned has recently been fdisked and fresh install of win 98 and the same version of Money 2000 Standard edition installed. All data files, My Docs etc burnt on to CD, then copied back to the PC. Now when attepting to open money files an error message apperas: Money cant locateC:/.........My Money....or cant open it because read only file or disck write protedted. The file was read only so change back to read/write, and now it stil will not open because it asks for a password. here was ...

dvd drive not working
I am having some trouble with my NEC 3550A DVD drive in Windows XP SP3. The drive is not visible in Explorer and cannot be accessed. The Device Manager does show the drive but informs me the driver is missing or corrupted (Code 39). I have uninstalled the DVD drive numerous times from the Device Manager and either rebooted or ran the Add Hardware Device applet. In each instance the OS finds the Plug and Play device and installs the device drivers but informs me that it couldn't do it properly. I have replaced the IDE cable and tried out a known good DVD drive as a replacement...

Scheduled delivery not working
Hi All, We set up a custom schedule under delivery options on the SMTP connector to schedule delivery of any messages over 4MB. It is set to deliver after hours to keep from maxing out our connection to the internet. Unfortunately, messages seem to be sitting there for days on end and not going at the scheduled times. I am able to manually force the connection and emails go fine. Anyone have any ideas of where to look since everything looks just hunky dory? Thanks! Mav ...

SSRS 2008 get report parameters to work
I want to add report parameters to a sql server report service 2008 that has been generated by the report wizard and have the parameters work. I can get the report parametes to look like they work by doing the following: 1. select view then report data then right click parameters in the report data window. 2. I then select add parameters then enter a 'name' then enter a prompt name and then select data type. 3. I then right click on the dataset and then click dataset properties and then click on parameteres in the dataset properties window and add the parameters I w...

GP install dexterity sql server 2005
I Just installed sqlserver 2005 then great plains, without any errors. When i start great plains dexterity dialog box pops up i answer yes and then it locks up. I cant even ctr-alt-del, have to manually shut down. Any suggestions? thanks How long did you give it? The first time you log into Great Plains after a new install or upgrade, it can take a bit of time to do what it needs to do. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "Big Momma" wrote: > I Just installed sqlserver 2005 then great plains, without any errors. When > i start great plains dexterity dialog box pops up...

Cached mode for Junk Mail folder to work?
Yesterday I posted about a customer's Inbox filling up with SPAM and GFI MailEssentials apparently not working for him, but everyone else. Turns out he was not in 'cached mode' and the Junk Mail folder would not work without cached mode being enabled. Why is this? Thanks. In news:uDHiPoS7GHA.4500@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, r042wal <r042wal@nospam.gmail.com> typed: > Yesterday I posted about a customer's Inbox filling up with SPAM and > GFI MailEssentials apparently not working for him, but everyone else. > Turns out he was not in 'cached mode' and th...

Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 connection
I have 2 Exchange orgs that need to be connected to each other. One is Exchange 2000 the other is 2003. They are in different sites. Is there a reference somewhere that will provide all the steps neccessary to connect them together? On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:04:36 -0400, "Mr. Lee" <Nospam@email.net> wrote: >I have 2 Exchange orgs that need to be connected to each other. > >One is Exchange 2000 the other is 2003. They are in different sites. > >Is there a reference somewhere that will provide all the steps neccessary to >connect them together? > If yo...

SQL Server limit question
Hello there! It seems that we are about to exceed the 8000 bytes SQL Server limit. I found in this newsgroup some aswers about it, though not quite easy ones....My question is "this limit is per table, eg we cannot add a schema in AcountsBase, or it is in total, we cannot add a schema nowhere???" Thanks a lot, Elena Elena: The limit is 8000 bytes (roughly) for each entity in the CRM. So that means you get 8K for Accounts, 8K for Contacts, 8K for Leads, etc. Dave "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message news:etfhnrWdEHA.384@TK2MSFT...

how to make activesync and direct push work?
any good reference or step-by-step guide? Thanks tree leafs <treeleafs@hotmail.com> wrote: > any good reference or step-by-step guide? > Thanks Check out http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exchange-2003-Mobile-Messaging-Part1-Microsoft-DirectPush-technology.html Thanks Lanwench! That was very helpful. Cheers, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23v3PPmdgHHA.3852@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > tree leafs <treeleafs@hotmail.com> wrote: >> any good reference or step-by-step...