httpcontext.current.user.identity.name - Forms Authentication

Is there any way to get the value from
httpcontext.current.user.identity.name when authentication in your
web.config is set to "forms"?
0
Doogie

On Feb 8, 8:38=A0pm, Doogie <dnlwh...@dtgnet.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to get the value from
> httpcontext.current.user.identity.name when authentication in your
> web.config is set to "forms"?

Yes, it should return a name. Please follow the article on MSDN on how
to implement Forms-Based Authentication in ASP.NET application
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301240

Hope this helps
0
Alexey

Multiple name appearances
Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? Pat318 wrote: > Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. > Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? If your list is in A1:A1000, put this in B1:B1000 and sort by column B: =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,A1) ...

Using Active Directory Users and Computers to administer Exchange
We have a 50+ Exchanger Server setup, 10 5.5 servers and over 40 2003 servers. I have Windows 2000 Professional on my workstation. When I go to a group in ADUC and try to add a user to the message restrictions part, I get an error. It is: Access Denied Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007005 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extensions. If I use 5.5 Admin, I can edit the message restrictions. Any ideas? do you have exchange system manager on your 2000 pro workstation? if not, you won't be able to use exchange extensions from there just be cautious if you install it with outlook;...

How to force special layout of File-as, Full Name and Company
When I enter a new business contact, "Johnny Rockets" for example, I want the Full Name, Company and File As to all show "Johnny Rockets" and not "Rockets, Johnny." Is there a way to cause that to happen without having to go back and adjust the items? Outlook 2007. vista. You can control it for new contacts - Tools, Options, Contact Options to set the file as format and the default name order. See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/contacts/contacts.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Range Names
I need to figure out how to automatically assign dynamic range names to each "Saturday to Friday" in a list of monthly day numbers and associated day names for an entire year. A B 1 Sat 2 Sun 3 Mon 4 Tue 5........etc. I don't know where to start. Thanks, Wes Hi Wes, Depending on what you wish to do, XL's built in WeekNum function may assist. --- Regards, Norman "Wes" <additude@texstapes.com> wrote in message news:uV1CDQweFHA.3836@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I need to figure out how to automatically assign dynamic range name...

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

Lookup Function in user form
I have a combo box (cboitem1) and a text box (txtprice1). I am using the code below to have txtprice1 fill with the corresponding price the worksheet: Private Sub Cboitem1_Change() If cboItem1 <> "" Then txtprice1.Value = Excel.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cboItem1.Value, Sheets("Pizzas").Range("A1:B65536"), 2, False) End If End Sub It works perfectly when you enter an existing value in cboitem1. However if 'the user' accidently types a letter that is not the first letter of one of the existing items VB debugging pops up with error &qu...

Excel user information
I am interested in learning about who uses Excel and how they use it. For example, what percentage of users have had formal training; how many use VLookup, or how many build models from scratch. Does anyone know of a source for such information? Thanks. Steve Powell No idea where you would get official stats, if indeed they even exist (Which i doubt), but happy to give you my personal guess:- Formal Training - Less than 1% Use VLOOKUP - Less than 10% Build Models - Depends on definition of what a model is. A couple of cells of data with a formula could be construed as a model, so I...

Name change due to marriage...
I have a user who recently got married and would like to have her new married name for her emails, but also wants external users to be able to send emails to her old address until she has adequate time to inform everyone. Her new email would be something like lastname-newname, firstname instead of lastname, firstname. Should I create a new account with her new name and forward all her emails from the old account to the new one and can I copy her current pst into the new one? THanks for everyone's help. No. Just highlight her account in ADUC, and choose re-name. Make the neede...

us payroll
After performing the 2005 year end user tried to do her checks in her payroll batch and it said :"another user is performing a check run, checks cannot be calculated." She has recreated her batch and still receives this error. ------=_NextPart_0001_3CD20887 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Jason, My name is Jen and I will be assisting you with your US Payroll Year End question. I understand you are after completing the year end process a user is getting the "another user is performing a check run, checks cannot be calculated." messag...

Which Controls to Build a Parent/Child Web Form
Hi there, I'm quite new to asp.net, but know exactly how to do this using classic ASP, but would like some pointers for aspnet2. I've got data being returned from an SP which looks like this: HeaderItem ChildItem A A1 A A2 A A3 B B1 etc I want to display the data like this A - This is the header record A1 A2 A3 B - Header 2 B1 etc. In classic ASP I'd write out my header row html when HeaderItem changes value and then write the Child Rows. As I've on...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

How can I turn of zooming so that users can't change size of work.
I have about 50 worksheets and the employees will be updating there own worksheet. Some like to change the size of the worksheet by zooming out which makes it hard for me to read. Is there a way that I can set the zooming to a specific percent and then no let anybody change it? Thanks, cwwolfdog I think I'd let the other users do whatever they found comfortable. But I'd have a macro that changed the zoom to what I liked -- I could run that whenever I wanted on whatever window is showing. Something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myWindow As Window Dim wks As...

Could Microsoft create a MSPOS user manual?
My customers are asking for one. Guess we were spoiled by RMS Store Operations having one available after Microsoft updated the SMS Commerce manuals. Makes me expect one for MSPOS even though most software no longer has printed manuals. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

addressing envelope from data input form
I don't know where to start to try this. I have the following fields that make up the entire address: Fname Lname Fname2 Lname 2 Address City, State Zip Is there any way to "push a button" on a form and have it print an envelope for that record? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Have you thought of using an MS template as a starting point? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172481033.aspx Dave Eliot wrote: >I don't know where to start to try this. > >I have the following fields ...

Viewing xml created in .Net in a ASP form VB6
I have been trying to create an xml document in VB.Net for displaying on an existing page written in ASP. im having a type mismatch error in my code. When i view my XML i have the following included in the <binary> node. <Binary xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="bin.base64">DATA HERE </Binary My issue is how do i set the datatype of the the node using dotnet so that i can replicate the same node structure and use my existing ASP page. thanks in advance Colin Graham ...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

Creating a form or template
We scanned in an image of a post it note that has graphics on it. It is a jpg file. Can we somehow make this jpg file a form or template in Outlook? Ideally, we want to pull up a form that looks like the image of a post it note with the graphics in tact and be able to compose a message on the email post it note. How do you accomplish this? Thanks! ...

Adding BMPs to a form
I use Access 2003. I have a table set up with a field for pictures, this table sits behind a form to add BMPs, which display on the form and print on reports. In the past, when I have had to reinstall Access for any reason, the pictures instead of displaying fully in the form, only show as thumbnails with the file name. I have in the past resoved this by removing Microsoft Picture manager from MS Office. I don't know how I figured that out or why it works but it does. However, I had to reinstall Office yesterday, removed MS Pictrue Manager as usual and it's NOT working ...

Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)
Hello- I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks. You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding b...

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

Adding User Name to footer
I have spreadsheets that go out to a number of users, and they make various changes and print out for themselves. The problems is that no-one knows which version to pick up from a central printer. Can I add the user name to the footer. I also have the path and file in the same area. I would like to end up with : User Name printed 'path/file' on 'date' ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
With code in Module 6, I created a button on a sheet as follows: ActiveSheet.Buttons.Add(1245, 16, 80, 16).Select Selection.Caption = "AutoFocus On" Selection.Name = "AutoFocusBut" Selection.OnAction = "FocusOn" Focus = True I placed the sub "FocusOn" also in Module 6. Public Sub FocusOn() If Focus = True Then .... .... When the button is depressed I get the message: "Ambigous name detected: FocusOn". What am I missing. Craig My bet is you have two 'things' named FocusOn. Two subs or a sub and a variable...

Name range within a name range
In Excel is it possible to create a name range that contains multiple name ranges. As an example, I have created several name ranges with one cell reference, such as Sales(A2), COS(A5), ADM(A7), SELLING(A8), MRKT(A9). I would like to create a name range that I could include the all the name ranges and call it GROSS_PROFIT. If later I add another range I would like to be able to just add the range name to GROSS_PROFIT, such as R&D. Also the reason I chose to use named ranges is my cell references can change from month to month, I find it easier to create formulas using name refer...

ActiveX vs Forms
Hello- I am trying to embed some option buttons on a worksheet. I want to have two sets of buttons which are mutually exclusive, say A-D and then 1-3. I want to start with 1-3 hidden and if the user chooses option D from the first set then 1-3 will be revealed. I did this fine with the activex option buttons and VBA, however, it is not recognizing A-D and 1-3 as separate groups. Therefore, as soon as the user select 1,2 or 3, it will uncheck D and therefore rehide the remaining numbered boxes. I grouped and named each set of buttons together, but that did not work. If I try to use a group...

Refresh Results In A Second Subform In A Form
Hi, This could be a tricky one. What I've done is created a Form named ACCOUNTS SELECT which has a control being a Comb Box named 'PICK RESNAME' and an embedded subform which returns all the records according to the particular data from the 'PICK RESNAME' Combo Box. Thats all fine and well ! But what I need is to pick specific records and to store them in a let's say temporary Table which I will print out via a Report. For this temporary table, I have created in the Form ACCOUNTS SELECT another Subform which I hoped will view all the selections I have made...