GridView paging - Invalid postback or callback argument

All,

I bind to a GridView on the Page_Load event.

Occasionally when clicking any of the pages within the grid the
following error appears :

"Invalid postback or callback argument."

Ideas/suggestions welcome

Ian
0
Iain

On Nov 23, 12:51=A0pm, Iain <i...@test.co.uk> wrote:
> All,
>
> I bind to a GridView on the Page_Load event.
>
> Occasionally when clicking any of the pages within the grid the
> following error appears :
>
> "Invalid postback or callback argument."
>
> Ideas/suggestions welcome
>
> Ian

It might be that you call DataBind before the paging event is raised.
Check if you didn't forget if (!Page.IsPostBack) before that call

e.g.

{
if (!Page.IsPostBack)
{
DataGrid1.DataBind();
Alexey

Word Mac Page Numbering
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently completed work on a book I have been writing. The last step in the process is to add page numbers. I want the first 5 pages consist of the title page, copyright page, etc., so I don't want page numbers on these page, I want to start page#1 on what is the 5th actual page of the document. However, after carefully following the Microsoft directions, as well as other online sources, and spending upwards of 4 hours just on this task, I am considering committing suicide. <br> Seriously, though, ...

Invalid References #2
I deleted a tab with charts (Excel 2007) in a workbook and all of a sudden I get the following error message in every spreadsheet that I have: A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workboo, range name, and cell reference. I'm sure there's a simple fix. Thanks Hi, Formula, range names, or chart references refered to the sheet you deleted. Whats' the fix? Find where the references are and decide what you are going to do about them. In other words this is like a REF error, what do you do about t...

large picture
I have a few pages in my document with 9x7 pictures that work well if I create a separate section, and put the page in landscape mode. (I additionally have to change the top margin to 1.5" (to match the left margin being 1.5"), but that's not really what I"m asking about.) The problem is that the page number in the header comes out landscape-oriented instead of portrait-oriented, which is unacceptable to the editor. Is there a way of making the page number be rotated so it shows up as portrait using this method? I need to keep the page number as a page ...

Show all investments on home page
Money 2004 deluxe shows only the first 75 investments on the home page investment summary. How can I get it to show all of them ca. 250? Running XP home. Jonathan notice the word 'summary'........... >-----Original Message----- >Money 2004 deluxe shows only the first 75 investments on the home page >investment summary. How can I get it to show all of them ca. 250? Running >XP home. > >Jonathan > > >. > Me: NOT helpful. Money 2000 showed them all. Jonathan "me" <m@e.com> wrote in message news:0aba01c3822e$e145f270$a301280a@ph...

Two docs on one page
I have created an A4 document with two A5 labels on it. The first sheet has label one and two upon it but when i go to sheet two i would like it to have the next two labels upon it but it has label two again and three, sheet three has three and four. I have tried starting with next record before label one (ie staring at label two to force it to push to next label at the beginning of the sheet but this didnt help) i have also tried the same at the bottom of each sheet..... please can anybody help I have created an A4 document with two mail merged A5 labels on it using an ex...

Save as web page, but still have spreadsheet functionality
how do i do this. whe i go to save as web page, there is no box i can click but interactivity and the software im using (certiport mous practice test) tells me it is wrong ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ no one knows how to do this. I know someone does ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Why wont Pub2003 allow me to send page as email any longer? #2
I used to be able to send my page as an email. Now the only option is to send as an attachment. What changed? How can I send it as a page in my email? -- integritytommyg ...

Across the Page
I can print monthly values (grouped by month in a single field) down the page. Is it possible to have them print across the page? "TeeSee" <bkeanie@glasscellisofab.com> wrote > I can print monthly values (grouped by month in > a single field) down the page. Is it possible to > have them print across the page? Without more detail on what information you have and what you are trying to do, it's difficult to give you specific advice. Here are a couple of possibilities: 1. Crosstab Queries can be used to turn a row into a column, which might do what you wan...

From Web page to Word
Hi, sorry for my english. I have a problem, I'd like copy a Web page in a white page of Word. I don't understand why I can copy only the text and I can't copy the image, with Word for Windows I can do it. Please help me. For your information I have Word 2008 Ver 12 and MacBook 2.4 GHz with OS X 10.5.5. I wait your answers. Thanks to all, Manuela When you copy from a web page Word has nothing to do with what gets copied. That's determined by the browser you're using. If you're using Apple's Safari make sure it's fully updated & you may want to experiment ...

How do I page break in the middle of a row in Excel?
I would like my document to fill the whole page and not just a 1/2 - 2/3 of the page due to the height of the row. You cannot pagebreak in the middle of a cell or row. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:55:01 -0700, Carolyn Fiutem <Carolyn Fiutem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like my document to fill the whole page and not just a 1/2 - 2/3 of >the page due to the height of the row. ...

print multiple worksheets on one page
I need to be able to combine 4 tabs (worksheets) to print on one page - can this be done? Take a look at this web site - it says it can be done and even shows you how: http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T0998_Printing_Multiple_Worksheets_on_a_Single_Page.html Al "Michelle" wrote: > I need to be able to combine 4 tabs (worksheets) to print on one page - can > this be done? Try this, it might be helpful http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010548301033.aspx "Michelle" wrote: > I need to be able to combine 4 tabs (worksheets) to print on one pa...

How to disable page break
Hi Everyone, I want to add multiple page breaks in my file, for example on line 20, on 36, and on 42, etc, and be able to disable page break, through a marco or something, so nobody can remove them. any help will be appreciated thanks david Consider protecting the worksheet and make sure delete rows it's not selected. "David" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I want to add multiple page breaks in my file, for example on line 20, on > 36, and on 42, etc, and be able to disable page break, through a marco or > something, so nobody can remove them...

why are my pages displaying in different widths?
I have my documents in landscape, but halfway through the document, the pages switch to a narrower landscape format than the rest. You must have a Section Break in there somewhere with different page setups for some of the Sections in the document. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "woelke" <woelke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:581F1425-8EAB-4D50-96E8-6E0472389A0D@microsoft.com....

Open form with arguments
In main form: Private Sub btnOpen_Click() DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEmployee", acNormal, , , acFormAdd, acWindowNormal, "Alan" End Sub In second form: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim empName As String empName = Forms!frmEmployee.OpenArgs <-- runt time error If Len(empName ) > 0 Then MsgBox empName Else MsgBox "null" End If End Sub The runtime error was: Invalid use of NULL "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:u8mI8acnHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > empName = Forms!frmE...

how do i get 4 postcards on one page?
I have created a postcard in publisher 2007. I cannot get it to print 4 per page. I have publisher 2003 at home and can get it to work fine. Help! Use one of the built-in Avery page setups, they work. Select postcard, Scroll down to Avery US letter, expand, 3263 landscape is a good start. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "LiteracyLady" <LiteracyLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A296F77-95DB-42ED-A471-1FE14BA8EC58@microsoft.com... >I have created a postcard in publisher 2007....

Printing to various pages
Someone might be able to help you if you provide a few details about what you're trying to do, and what problems you're having. Jerry wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Modify/customize login and logout page
Anyone know if it is ok to modify/customize the exchange login and logout page? Yes. This may help: Customizing the Outlook Web Access Logon Page http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996007.aspx -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Brent Anderson" <BAnder9447@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23SkU1W1ZHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it is ok to modify/customize the exchange login and logout > page? > ...

my printer won't print page 2 of my brochure in publisher.
I am making a brouchure in publisher and it includes 6 scanned pictures on the 2nd page. whenever i try to print it out the printer will only print page 1 but not page 2 How can i get this page printed. What printer? What version Publisher? How large is the file? Have you tried updating your printer driver from the manufacturer's web site? Are you using a HP printer? PUB2000: Cannot Print Photos to HP DeskJet Printers from Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;212599&Product=pub -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.or...

Delete Page Number Header
I created a 12 page newsletter in Pub 2002. I don't want the page number to appear on the top center of the last page since it is blank. How can I do this? Thanks. maven -- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this message, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. Be aware that the use of any confidential or personal information may be restricted by state and federal privacy laws. If you are not the intended recipient, do not further disseminate this message. If this messa...

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

How do I set up an outgoing e-mail page?
I've just got a new computer with Microsoft Outlook. I want to send e-mails, but cant find a "new memo" button. Drafts is just a blank white page, no header, no footer, no "to" or "from" lines for addresses, no send button. Where do I find these? Start Outlook. Make sure you are in an email folder (use the buttons on the left side of screen). Then in the top left of your screen you should have a New.. button. Click it and a new email will open. Write in the subject field, put an email address in the To field, and write the text in the big white area. ...

Working in with Pages on Tab
I want to know if this is possible and if so, how? I have a form with a Tab control with 3 Pages on it. I want to know if it is possible to set it up such that when the form is open, I can open the Tab control Page to any one of the thress pages. Take for instance, when the form is Loaded but I want it to open to Page 2 or Page 3 of the Tab control. How do I do that? I take it you want to programmatically open the form, and then choose Page 2 of the tab control? The code would be like this: DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1" With Forms("Form1") .MyTab = MyPage2....

A single Page print for key items
I have a 2900 line spreadsheet from top to bottom with information about rooms and organized by it's room number: example: col a: b : c : d: 101: Main Lobby: Lobby is 590 Sq ft 102: Janitors Closet: 15 sq ft 103: Elevator room: 15 sq ft 103: Elevatior room 2: 24 sq ft I want to be able to have one source page where I can type the room number in and then allow it to show and then print the room number. No data filters that's ok but not what I'm looking for. Some rooms have like 20-25 lines of information while some only has 3-4. Macro is ok but how? -- Je...

Export to excel fit a matrix to one page
Hi , I am creating a scorecard for a client which shows a range of kpi's . I would like to fit this on one page ? The excel sheet fits onto two pages when i export it .The client is quite pedantic about this . I have tried just about everything . Any suggestions will be appreciated .It is a matrix . Regards Malcolm I suggest instead of a matrix that you use a pivot statement in your sql statement. Pivot does the same thing as the matrix as long as you do not have a variable number of columns. I'm assuming that since this is a scorecard that it isn't v...

OWA Login Page
All, I have recently installed a new Exchange 2003 SP1 site and when I go to login to OWA I get this new login page rather than the old login dialog box. Does anyone know where this is coming from - I have other Exchange 2003 sites with SP1 and they all have a login box rather than a login page..... Sincerely, Derek Hi, I guess what your refering here is the login.asp page with the domain\username and password page. When you have form based authentication enabled, you will have this page and it is more than the log-in prompt if you use it with a SSL connection. Regards, Ruwan Diss...