GridView - After submit, want to keep selected row visible

Hello,

I have a GridView with a number of rows in it.  I need to scroll up
and down the grid view in order to see all the rows.

The problem is, when I scroll down, and highlight a row, then click
"submit", when the new page is rendered, the GridView shows the first
row, not the row that I show highlighted (after scrolling down and
clicking on submit).

How can I fix this problem in both IE and Firefox?

Thanks
Jason
0
Jason

On Dec 12, 12:54=A0pm, Jason <jason.wu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a GridView with a number of rows in it. =A0I need to scroll up
> and down the grid view in order to see all the rows.
>
> The problem is, when I scroll down, and highlight a row, then click
> "submit", when the new page is rendered, the GridView shows the first
> row, not the row that I show highlighted (after scrolling down and
> clicking on submit).
>
> How can I fix this problem in both IE and Firefox?
>
> Thanks
> Jason

May I see the code of the gridview please? Does it look similar to my
example on
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/bro=
wse_thread/thread/cdf4f5f019eabdcf
1
Alexey

Highlighting the active row with special colour
Hi there Is there a macro that highlights the whole active row (not only the active cell) that the cursor is in, in an Excel worksheet? Thanks Raj Highlight it in a particular colour, I meant... that would move along when I would move the cursor onto another row.... "Raj Mazumdar" wrote: > Hi there > > Is there a macro that highlights the whole active row (not only the active > cell) that the cursor is in, in an Excel worksheet? > > Thanks > > Raj Try this '---------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workshe...

Checkbox event to control other checkbox selections
I have been working for a couple of hours now trying different ways to solve this problem and I'm out of ideas (or tired). :-/ Here's what I'm trying to do: On a form I have a section with six checkboxes that represent 6 different mailing lists an organization can subscribe to: MailList01, MailList02, etc. I have a seventh checkbox named MailListOmit for orgs that want to opt out of mailings. If MailListOmit is checked, when the user attempts to click any one of the MailList checkboxes, I want to return a dialog box that says, "This organization has chosen to not receive ma...

Select multiple adjacent cells of multiple cells without selecting
Select multiple adjacent cells of multiple cells without selecting adjacent cells one by one. those cells looks like; |adjacent cells |cells| |some characters | A | |some characters | B | |some characters | A | |some characters | A | |some characters | B | I am trying to select adjacent cells of A cells without selecting adjacent cells one by one. Thank you for your help. Adjacent in this case, means? If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgr...

Media players opens and keeps trying to refresh about 5 times a mi
I have done numerous spyware chaecks all showing nothing detected I have eliminated any options in the media player that would have it trying to check for updates or web items. Completely at a loss and extremely unhappy the microsoft site does not have an answer. Acer Exyenza Laptop with Win XP , Office 07 and player 11 any help guys? in the time in took to type this meassage the player popped up three times Try disabling (unchecking) all active WMP plug-ins in WMP's Options. If you download and run Process Explorer - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb8...

Headers to remian visible
Have set up a master "Job's Completed List" listing all my different jobs with various headers for various bits of information for those jobs. The page is set up with 8 headers going across the top of the page and the invoice numbers go down the right side of the page. I would like to have these headers to remain visible on my work sheet at all times. Right now I have scrolled down of the sheet and thus the headers disappear. Makes for guess work and possible mistakes when entering information into the proper column. Select the leftmost cell below the header row, i.e. if r...

more than 65,536 rows
Hi Is it possible to have more than 65,653 rows on a worksheet? The data I have does not fit on a normal sheet Harald Harald, Unfortunately, the maximum number of rows on a worksheet is 65,536 rows and cannot be increased. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Harald Bock" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E9402F-92F4-4649-A72C-BC38BE6C89EB@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is it possible to have more than 65,653 rows on a worksheet? The data I have does not...

Rows and Columns Settings Problem
How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scrol down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out XL Help for "Freeze Panes" In article <JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>, JMorgan <<JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scroll > down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s). Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Minimizing Rows of with similar data
I am using Excel 2007. I have 3 columns A, B, and C such as below: TU10-10 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-10.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-11 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-11.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-12 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-12.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-13 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-6 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-6.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-7 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-7.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-8 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-8.5 TU10 Tung...

Returning Data from a third cell in same row that meets two other
I'm looking for a formula that will return a result from a cell on a same row as two other cells that meet certain criteria. I'm sure there is a way to do this but i am a novice at this kind of stuff and can't seem to figure it out. For example i want a cell to = what is in column E when column A="36751" and when column B="Total Returns" The spreadsheet has 55000 rows. there will only be one instance where both these criteria are met. i want to use this to create a seperate spreadsheet with just info i need and can update on a daily basis. thanks in ...

How do I filter rows based upon a column value
I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When generating reports, I would like to filter per agency and display only the rows associated with that agency. Is there a tutorial or sample on how to do this? Hi It sounds like you are looking for Data / Filter / AutoFilter. Have a look here for some basics: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html -- Andy. "Jack" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eqiU08TVEHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When > generati...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

How to get Row # in formula?
I have several rows with the same formula but they are seperated, in some cases, by rows with other information to prevent me from just dragging a formula down to other rows. Ex. While in row 13: B13*C13+B13*D13+B13*E13 While in row 20: B20*C20+.... how can I write a formula to populate the "13" or "20" automatically for whatever row I am in? Thanks, Dave You may not be able to drag it, but if you copy row13 formula and go to row 20 it updates does it not? -- HTH Bob "DaveR" <DaveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

keep my signature the same
when i originate an email, the signature with the hyperlink sends and is functional. when i reply or forward, the font changes, the spacing changes, and the hypertext link becomes non-functioning. what am in doing wrong? i am using the same auto-signature for both... You're probably replying to a message that was sent to you in plain text. Outlook assumes that worst case scenario - that the sender can't read HTML - so you reply is in plain text. If you change it to HTML, it won't help because it'll look to the recipient just like it looks to you when it's wrong. In fact,...

count rows
Hi I have two worksheets - sheet1 and sheet2. Sheet1 is my main data which contains 7 colums (A-G) and number of rows varies depend on data. In sheet2 I have formula in Row1 (A1:G1) and I need to copy down the formula to exactly the same number of rows in Sheet1. (For eg: if my sheet1 has 15 rows, I need to copy the formula in A1:G1 of sheet2 till A15:G15). Hope someone help me Thanks in advance Toms --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Toms You could add an unused row with a number or letter in it and then count that separately each time with countif? John "SMILE...

Cross referencing named row with named column
I'm trying to find a way to cross reference a column named June with a row named Sales but cant figure out what the syntax is. I thought it used to be =June|Sales but it doesnt seem to work. Hi try =INDEX(A1:H20,MATCH("June",A1:H1,0),MATCH("Sales",A1:A20,0)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "davide212" <davide212@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:917620B9-9182-45C8-9D0F-56B0878CF617@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to find a way to cross reference a column named June with a row > named Sales but cant figure out ...

deleted or filed emails keep reappearing into inbox
Hello, I have a user that when ever he deletes an email or even if he files an email and moves it to a folder, a few days later that email keeps coming back to his inbox. He is using Outlook2007, is connected to Exchange 2007 and he's also a blackberry user on BES 5.0. I have tried the following: - recreating his profile in Outllook , -checked on his blackberry to make sure Mailbox wins on conflicts,- - he has no rules in Outtlook -turn on/off the Cashed mode Any ideas? ...

removing empty cells in a rows of data

M04, Go to Online Services, default selection
Whenever I synch with my bank, MS Money defaults to 1) Download quotes, News, and Exchange Rates 2) Get the latest money updates I'd prefer to do neither by default. Can I turn these selections to default "off"? TIA ...

In Word 2007, I want to enable tabbing between fields in my .docm
In Developer Mode, how can I set the properties of my fields to support tabbing from one field to another in my Word form? What kind of "fields" did you insert? If they're form fields from the Legacy Controls button, you have to turn off Design Mode and then protect the document for forms. Either click the Protect Document button and go through the Restrict Formatting pain/pane, or add the Lock command to your Quick Access Toolbar. If they're content controls (the other buttons in the Controls group), tabbing between controls other than a Rich Text control w...

Hide column is empty, not including header (row 1)
I'm lost on this one, but I'm sure there is simple macro code to do this. I need this in a macro as I'm massaging data that beyond removing empty columns. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCol As Range Dim wks As Worksheet Set wks = Worksheets("Sheet1") With wks For Each myCol In .UsedRange.Columns If Application.CountA(.Range(.Cells(2, myCol.Column), _ .Cells(.Rows.Count, myCol.Column))) = 0 Then 'hide it myCol.Hidden = True Else ...

In Excel how can I add 90 every value in a row or column? #2
I need to add 90 to every value in a row or column, whichever is vertical ...

Row Height #2
How do I change the row height with two decimals, i.e. 13.95 ? Martie Choose Format, Rows then type the hieght in the pop-up box. Regards >-----Original Message----- >How do I change the row height with two decimals, i.e. >13.95 ? >. > "Peter" <peter@nomail.com> wrote in message news:0dd001c3917b$61e37f50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Martie > > Choose Format, Rows then type the hieght in the pop-up box. > > Regards > >-----Original Message----- > >How do I change the row height with two decimals, i.e. > >13.95 ? I think row height...

Selecting rows after time intervals
Hello! I have some data which is collected at different times. I need to find the rows who are registered between 1:00:00 and 1:05:00 and copy them to a new worksheet. How do I do that???? Regards dSb ----- dSb wrote: ---- Hello I have some data which is collected at different times. I need to find the rows who are registered between 1:00:00 and 1:05:00 and copy them to a new worksheet. How do I do that??? ********** You could apply a filter (Data/filter/Autofilter) to the column the click on the drop down box and select custom. Here you make it equal to ...

Same operations on a variable number of rows
I am posting this to both the regular and the programming group because I don't know if the solution requires programming. If not, sorry and ignore this. Anyway, here is my questions. I have a specific and then a more general issues. I have a set of data that changes frequently. In particular, the number of items change. What I want to do is get the list of unique concatenations of the items. Now that part is easy. I concatenate the cells. Copy as value. Then make a filter unique. But that is lots of action on my part. I have to copy the concatenate formula to a variable number of rows. I...

Excel xp giving me CAN when I want CNA entry in a cell.
Tried looking at the menus but cant find the right one. Tools|autocorrect options|autocorrect tab. will A wrote: > > Tried looking at the menus but cant find the right one. -- Dave Peterson Wow, I missed that menu, thanks so much for your help Dave. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Tools|autocorrect options|autocorrect tab. > > will A wrote: > > > > Tried looking at the menus but cant find the right one. > > -- > > Dave Peterson > ...