Get photos from a camera

I have an asp.net intranet application that I need to upload 1 or all photos
from a digital camera at a PC workstation.  We are using DataGrids and
GridViews to display them on the web once they are uploaded but need
something at the client. I assume I need some sort of ActiveX process or
something.  Has anyone run into a solution for this need?  Thanks.
--
David

"DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message

> I have an asp.net intranet application that I need to upload 1 or all
> photos
> from a digital camera at a PC workstation.  We are using DataGrids and
> GridViews to display them on the web once they are uploaded but need
> something at the client. I assume I need some sort of ActiveX process or
> something.  Has anyone run into a solution for this need?  Thanks.

Assuming that the camera creates a virtual disk drive, you could use
something like this:
http://www.utechsoft.com/products/uupload/

However, this will still require the user to select the drive / folder
initially to kick the process of - you have (next to) no chance of doing
that step automatically...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

0
Mark
1/16/2010 12:17:27 AM
Mark,
This does not seem much different than the asp.net FileUpload control. Am I
missing something? Thanks.
--
David

"Mark Rae [MVP]" wrote:

> "DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message
>
> > I have an asp.net intranet application that I need to upload 1 or all
> > photos
> > from a digital camera at a PC workstation.  We are using DataGrids and
> > GridViews to display them on the web once they are uploaded but need
> > something at the client. I assume I need some sort of ActiveX process or
> > something.  Has anyone run into a solution for this need?  Thanks.
>
> Assuming that the camera creates a virtual disk drive, you could use
> something like this:
> http://www.utechsoft.com/products/uupload/
>
> However, this will still require the user to select the drive / folder
> initially to kick the process of - you have (next to) no chance of doing
> that step automatically...
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net
>
> .

"DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message

[please don't top-post]

>>> I have an asp.net intranet application that I need to upload 1 or all
>>> photos from a digital camera at a PC workstation.  We are using
>>> DataGrids
>>> and GridViews to display them on the web once they are uploaded but need
>>> something at the client. I assume I need some sort of ActiveX process or
>>> something.  Has anyone run into a solution for this need?  Thanks.

>> Assuming that the camera creates a virtual disk drive, you could use
>> something like this:
>> http://www.utechsoft.com/products/uupload/
>>
>> However, this will still require the user to select the drive / folder
>> initially to kick the process of - you have (next to) no chance of doing
>> that step automatically...

> This does not seem much different than the asp.net FileUpload control. Am
> missing something?

This allows you to select a folder rather than an individual file, and then
upload the entire contents of that folder with one single operation...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

0
Mark
1/17/2010 5:41:01 PM
"Mark Rae [MVP]" wrote:

> "DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message
>
> [please don't top-post]

> >> Assuming that the camera creates a virtual disk drive, you could use
> >> something like this:
> >> http://www.utechsoft.com/products/uupload/
> >>
> >> However, this will still require the user to select the drive / folder
> >> initially to kick the process of - you have (next to) no chance of doing
> >> that step automatically...
>
> > This does not seem much different than the asp.net FileUpload control. Am
> > missing something?
>
> This allows you to select a folder rather than an individual file, and then
> upload the entire contents of that folder with one single operation...
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net
>
> .

Yes, I think it is a great tool and I may need it for some applications.
Being able to upload multiple files is really nice.  For this application,
the user wants to be able to view the camera images before uploading them.
Apparently they have photos for multiple jobs and want to pick the ones
appropriate for the job at hand.  That is why I thought some ActiveX (ugh)
control or something is needed.  If the images are displayed as thumbnails,
then I can allow them to select some and upload to a known destination which
is different for each job.

--
David

how do I get a photo frame onto a picture
I have a picture that I would like to frame in word, or other means how can this be done please Why do you want to use Word to edit a photo? Use a photo editing program. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rolling taxi man" <rolling taxi man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4333DE3A-53D0-4AFB-B256-B561D8D87094@microsoft.com... >I have a picture that I would like to frame in word, or other means how can > this be done please ...

How do I get a percent in excel. ex 24 out of 32
How can I get a percentage of 24 out of 32 if a1=32 and a2=24? =A2/A1 formatted as a percentage or =B2/A2% depending on what you want to see and do with the answer Regards Trevor "snowynoe" <snowynoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AD1777F-0B8B-4DFF-A5DB-F2578D268CAD@microsoft.com... > How can I get a percentage of 24 out of 32 if a1=32 and a2=24? The key is to know that percentage is merely a fraction multiplied by 100. A1*100/A2 (with 24 in A1 and 32 in A2) will work but the magic of Excel to give 75 but you need to recall it is a percent. A...

Bought Money 2006, reinstalled computer, now idea how to get it ba
I paid for a copy of Money 2006 Premium. I reinstalled my machine recently and found a link to download the trial version of MS Money, which I did, thinking there was a way to reactivate my product, but if there is, I can't find it. How do I get my paid for version back? I still have my receipt and can log into the billing support site. Thanks. Open the sample file. Assign it the Passport you used to buy the copy. Do an Internet Update. Open your own data file. Next time buy the CD. "Architekt" <Architekt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3137CC7D-6B7...

User not Getting Some External E-mail but Message Tracking says He Is
Exchange 2000 SP4, Outlook XP. External email from a particular person apparently does not get delivered to one user's Exchange mailbox even though Message Tracking shows that it has. Another user gets the same external email in his mailbox OK. I have asked the user who isn't getting mail to check to see if he hasn't created a rule to move mail from this person to another folder. Any other ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Sorry! Should have posted in Exchange 2000! "Bill Glidden" <billyg1943@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OB2PIpDMGHA.500@TK2...

Getting grip on dependents
Hi, In my spreadsheet ther is a field that has a dependent in an other worksheet. How can I find that. the VB property 'dependents' will only return dependents on the same worksheet. best rgds, Ton Ton, It's a nasty one. A small extract of a much much bigger routine kludged quickly purely to demonstrate how to test it. Might be bugs in this, since I haven't tried doing anything with it. 'you would probably set up some kind of loop here but for the time being Set rngTestCell = cells(1,1) 'use the showdependents method then try and navigate along the arrows rng...

Getting rid of blank rows withouth deleting them #2
I wanted to find a way to make it automatically because i have to do i in many worksheets, but this works great, Thanks a lot for the hel -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27725 ...

Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm ,
http://shopforless.itgo.com/ Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , ...

I cannot get my sheet to fit the page
I have followed all formatting suggestions but in printing landscape, onto an 8.5 x 11" page, my worksheet still doesn't fit the entire page and is too small to read, the spaces aren't adequate enough. I have tried adjusting row height, and if I choose the scaling option then the end of my columns spill onto another page....help! I use excel 2003 and if the sheet will not fit the page, is to small to see print, then how else would you make it fit on one page but to make it even smaller. What are you actually asking for. The adjustments that have available are -- margins...

Re: New Website and getting indexed Found out that prince harry seems to be in thenews
http://pearlcompany.ca/labels/prince%20harry%20girlfriend.html seems to be really popular in google these days but with all the bragging I see on google adsense I still have yet to have one successful steady income of checks why do you guys always lie how easy it is and I haven't even got one click yet how am I suppose to get to 10 bucks to even get verified? I would rather get a steady check every two weeks I just don't get it what does it take? ...

How do I get the formula icon back on my toolbar?
I seem to have lost the formula icon off my toolbar and don't know how to get it back so that I can do quick sums in my spreadsheet. How do I do this please? hi are you talking about the autosum icon. if so then.... right click any toolbar and from the popup. click customize. in the customize dialog, click the commands tab. on the left, click insert. on the right, scroll down to autosum right click and hold the autosum icon and drag it to where ever you want it. release the mouse. close the customize dialog. done. regards FSt1 "Andrea confused" wrote: &...

How can I get my forgotten password
I have protected my sheet in Exceel, which I forgotten my password. Would you please let me know how can I recover it? try searching password sub mcgimpsey probably won't make any difference if you do a web or a groups search. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Golam Rahman" <Golam Rahman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47998858-7F28-4CEE-A061-E0A24B5B09AD@microsoft.com... > I...

How Big can Company Data Bases get
Company running Dynamics GP Standard 1) How big can we allow their database to get? I beleive it is approaching the limit, so I would like to go through and eliminate old data. But first as their year end approaches, I would like to copy the existing data to a second data base- (a back company up per say so they could easily enter that company and then go back in time that way). Would someone have detailed instructions on how to do this? -- Clay Tait How big is it now and what makes you think it's near "the limit"? The limit tends to be pretty fluid depending on hardwar...

How to get the PivotTable report info that feeds another PivotTable report.
A pivot table can get it's data from another pivot table as so: Right click in the pivot table and select PivotTable Wizard Click the < Back button Click the next < Back button Select the "Another PivotTable report or PivotChart report" radio button and click Next > Select the pivot table containing the same data and click Finish What I want to get is the source pivot table for a pivot table. I guess I'm looking for the "parent" of the "child" pivot table :-) How can I do this in VBA? Here's the macro recording of the above steps but it di...

get rid of extra rows
I have this nice spreadsheet, but somehow additional rows were created at the bottom, and I can't get rid of them by "deleting", backspace, editing and deleting the formatting in those rows. Suggestions? You can't change the number of rows in an XL sheet (65536 pre-XL07, over a million in XL07). You could hide them instead (Format/Row/Hide). In article <761C1720-3B35-4FBC-8C58-A48AE057C8D4@microsoft.com>, kendallzemp <kendallzemp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have this nice spreadsheet, but somehow additional rows were created at the > bot...

Get an error when opening Public Folders
When trying to open public folders in Exchange System manager. the token supplied to the function is invalid. id no. 80090308. Do I need a MAPI client on the server like Outlook? I always thought it was a big no no to put Outlook on the same box as Exchange is installed. Thanks On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:35:02 -0800, "John McCoy" <JohnMcCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When trying to open public folders in Exchange System manager. the token >supplied to the function is invalid. id no. 80090308. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324345 > >Do I need a MAPI cl...

Upgading Office -- will I get VPC 7?
Hello all- I currently have Office v.X for the Mac; I don't have Virtual PC. I was planning to get VPC 7 w/Windows XP. However, I notice that for only $60 more I can get Office 2004 for Mac Professional Upgrade, which include VPC 7. If I buy this upgrade, will I be able to use VPC 7 even if I don't already have an earlier version of VPC? Thanks in advance, jf In article <1129607198.334577.174130@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, google@jfruh.com wrote: > Hello all- > > I currently have Office v.X for the Mac; I don't have Virtual PC. I was > planning to get ...

How do I copy a graph to new worksheet and get data from new sheet?
When I copy a worksheet with a graph or just copy a graph and paste in a new worksheet, the source data is still linked to the original worksheet. I've tried editing the sorce data to remove the sheet name to try to make it relative to the current sheet, but that gives me "Error in your formula". Is there a quick way to get the graph to link to the data in the new worksheet? Even a macro would help, if that's what it takes. Thanx in advance... If the chart is embedded in the worksheet, you should be able to copy the worksheet elsewhere, and the copied chart will point t...

Getting the same transactions over and over
After hours and hours of trying, I finally figured out some of my problems with '05, but this one has me stumped. Every time I open Money it downloads from the web (which is okay) but it downloads the same transactions - over, and over, and over, and over. What am I doing wrong? How do I make it stop? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Sherry wrote: >After hours and hours of trying, I finally figured out some of my problems >with '05, but this one has me stumped. Every time I open Money it downloads >from the web (which is okay) but it downloads the same transacti...

Outlook User Gets Outlook Express Notice "Can Compact Messages"
I am an Outlook user and not using Outlook Express; Outlook is my default email program. About a month ago, I started getting notices that Outlook Express can compact messages to free up disc space. I double checked the settings and they are correct; set on Outlook and not Outlook Express. I have done lots of research on line on this seems to be a recurring problem. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks. If you look in the Outlook Express newsgroup and even ask there, you'll find out that it can be triggered by third party applications. It's been covered t...

How do I get my CD into MS Publisher so I can work on the content
I jsut purchased MS Publisher 2003. How do I connect Publisher to my CD I received and is in my CD drive. What CD did you receive? Work on the content of what?...the CD? What's on the CD? If you mean you have a Pub file on the CD, copy it to your hardrive, then check the properties of the file to make sure it's not Read Only...if it is change it. Then work on the file in Publisher Just guessing here...if that's not what you mean please clarify. "JoAnn @CCI" <JoAnn @CCI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B742F41D-E267-437D-BEC4-25F54E46AA2C@...

hyperlinks in getting external data through web query
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C47E46.231F97A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =20 The WEB PAGE I am downloading using the WebQuery with <full Html = formatting> is something like the following=20 Symbol Name Last Trade Day's Range Volume More Info =20 ^BSESN SENSEX 3:58pm 5,233.21 5,154.32 - 5,240.29 N/A Chart, Components =20 ACC.BO A C C-A 4:00pm 261.40 255.30 - 262....

What if somebody get ahold of my DL and send unwanted messages ?
I need to avoid that anybody outside of my company send messages to any of my internal DL's. How can I do that ? CUrrently my ALLEMPLOYEES dl can accept messages only from selected users - OK. However, other smaller DL's do not have that configuration (everyone can send e-mails DL's). So far I haven't seen a third party software able to accomplish that. I have Symantec Mail Security and I am buying MailEssentiasl 10. Any ideas ? Exch2000SP3. Sunbelt Software's iHateSpam Server Edition will filter for DL's. Short of that you could restrict sending to a DL to authen...

How can i get back the deleted outlook.pst file
I have deleted the Outlook.pst file from my computer and now when i open the outlook the message comes that outlook.pst file is missing and then it close. there ware alot of important emails in my account how can i get back this file. the size of the file was 2GB or more. Depends how you deleted, from explorer or? Is it in your Recycle Bin? If it contained important data you would have had a backup "Junaid" <junykhan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3361D68C-B6B1-466E-BBF5-0C22BE1F1680@microsoft.com... > I have deleted the Outlook.pst file from my computer a...

cannot get into outlook!
I was able to get into Outlook and get messages for 4 days. I wasnot ablew to send. Now I cannot access any of it!! I get this: MAPI32.DLL ma be corrupted You don't mention what version of Outlook you are using and on what operating system. Not knowing this, it would be difficult to suggest deleting/renaming the MSMAPI32.DLL file found under c:\program files\common files\system\msmapi\<langid>\ and then do a repair installation of Office/Outlook via the add/remove programs applet in the control panel. Another option might be to try using the FIXMAPI command. FIXM...