Different use

Good Day to all

I just want to understand the use of each code and if possible an example
code thanks.

Free File()
Comparemethod
Line Input()
Instr()
Getlastwritetime()

Thanks much.. :)

shadow

"shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com" <u58543@uwe> wrote in message

> I just want to understand the use of each code and if possible an example
> code thanks.

That's precisely what MSDN is for...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.visualbasic.filesystem.freefile.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.visualbasic.comparemethod.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8e33ddk1.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/47d6yh63.aspx

> Getlastwritetime()
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.file.getlastwritetime.aspx

So, next time you need information on any of the .NET Framework classes such
as their methods and properties, together with code examples, all you have
to do is:

1) Launch your web browser (e.g. IE, FireFox, Safari, Chrome etc)

2) Navigate to http://msdn.microsoft.com

3) Enter the class, function, method or property you're interested in

4) Hit the button

This will give you the information you require in a matter of seconds
instead of having to wait several hours for someone to do the search for
you...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

0
Mark

Public Folders In different routing/administrative groups
Hi guys! I know this is a real mess, but I have an exchange 2000 org, (not native yet we have some 5.5s out there) with 2 different administrative groups with 2 different routing groups. Each admin/routing group has a 2003 sp2 exchange server running in it right now. One of those 2003 exchange servers has all of our public folders on it, and I would like to replicate those public folders to our other 2003 exchange server in the other administrative/routing group. Is there a reason why I should not do this? Thanks guys! Mike Not at all and probably makes sense from a user perspect...

Update Cell Value Based on different Cell
Hi, new to the forum but I've been reading it for a couple of days now. Looking forward to talking and learning with everyone. I think I a better than average with Excel but this problem is driving me nuts! have a list of lottery numbers listed by date drawn (see below fo example) on one worksheet. On another sheet I have a count of how man times a number has been drawn. I would like to add a column to show th last date a number was drawn and have it update automatically when I ad a new drawing. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to ge the date to update automaticall...

CRM Time Clock Different Then System and Server Clock
Hi All, I have run into an odd situation whereas one of my users CRM lists a different time clock within CRM. When they create an entry in CRM there is a three hour difference between the time they enter it and what is actually recorded within CRM. For instance, the user will enter an update of information about a client and a conversation they had. They enter it at 11am and yet CRM shows that the entry was entered at 8am. Both the users local time clock and server are set for the correct time for Eastern Standard Time. This only appears to have happened with one user. No other ...

Different formats within the same cell
Hello, i want to enter a word in a cell but only have one of the letter fomatted bold, eg - "wo*r*d" Is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Yes. Enter your word into the cell, go to the formulae bar, highlight th letter you want to have in bold and then click on the bold icon. This will format just that letter to bold -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sure. Just edit the word>highlight the letter(s) and change the font,bold,color etc. will NOT work withing a formula. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

Need help with using command button
I am needing some help with getting a command button to run a query through msquery onto a worksheet. i have a work book with 33 worksheets. the first 31 worksheets are setup to be 1 sheet for 1 day's data, worksheets are labeled as 1,2,3,...30,31. the last two of the 33 sheets are just for summary graphs. each sheet has the date split up into three cells, such as April 15 2005. i have 3 workbooks setup this way, 1 for each of three shifts. on each sheet in each workbook, i also have a cell listing what shift that worksheet is for, as well as a cell that lists what plant it is...

Transform using DoCmd.RunSQL fails
Hi, my transform is failing with ERROR 2342 , How can I redo this... basically I want my "detect" to be the column headers and "values" as rows.. This run fine in query window but I am trying to automate the transform process DoCmd.RunSQL "TRANSFORM First(test.value) AS FirstOfct_num SELECT test.Sample, test.user FROM test GROUP BY test.Sample, test.user PIVOT test.detect;" data below.. Sample User Detect Value 5442 img Test 1 Undetermined 5442 img Test 2 27.7402 5442 img Test 3 33.0166 Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster....

Can't Use an IF statement, so now what??
In columns C2:M1978 (sometimes even more columns) is the data I need to put together; in each row of each column is either a 1 or is blank. In column B2:B1978 I want to do the following: In cell B2 =if(C2="","",C1)&"; "&if(D2="","",D1)&....so on and so on. Limited to 7 embedded if statements is my issue as the columns can sometimes exceed 20+ Any ideas? I know I have done this in the past but been away from excel for so long I cannot remember....A duuuh moment Thanks Hans The limit applies to nested functions in earlier versions of...

Problem with Executable File generated using Debug Build
Hi All, I am facing a really wierd problem. I am working on a project in which I have implemeted a GUI for controlling laser microscopes. Everything was going fine till I added support for Filter Wheels. The program compiles perfectly fine. Runs perfectly fine if I run it using Microsoft Visual Studios. But When I try to run the program by double clicking on its icon in the debug folder, the program shows that main frame and then hangs. The problem was not there before I added the code for filter wheels. I am placed all the DLL files in the debug folder. Could any body help me out. Regard...

Can I use gdi+ in vs 6?
in "stdafx" I add #if defined(_WIN64) typedef unsigned __int64 ULONG_PTR; #else typedef unsigned long ULONG_PTR; #endif #include "gdiplus.h" #pragma comment( lib, "gdiplus.lib" ) and CWinApp::InitInstance(); ��Gdiplus::GdiplusStartupInput gdiplusStartupInput; ��Gdiplus::GdiplusStartup(&m_gdiplusToken, &gdiplusStartupInput, NULL); Gdiplus::GdiplusShutdown(m_gdiplusToken); ��return CWinApp::ExitInstance(); It compiles OK. But when I add Graphics graphics( pDC->m_hDC ); it tell me error C2065: 'Graphics' : undeclared identifier why ??ho...

Deleting pictures in Excel using visual basic
I have written a visual basic module to insert pictures from a list contained in a worksheet. I have figured out how to delete the picture when I load the next picture. For this I need to know the picture number. My problem is the indexing or the picture number. The number of shapes ActiveSheet.Shapes.Count doesn't change But the picture number does increment. I am using workaround by updating the picture number in a cell on the active sheet BUT this is a kluge! More importantly, I will be using this to display a large number of images [1000s 100000s]. I don't know wheter there is an ...

Send E-Mail using plain text only
I can find this OE feature anymore under WLM. Is it gone ? (Under Contacts) Thanks Stephan Tools/Options/Send - Choose either HTML or plain text. If no menu bar either Alt "M" or click on icon to the left of blue ? mark and select show menu bar "Stephan Koenig" <S.Koenig@LaserPlus.de> wrote in message news:OgKol3$zKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I can find this OE feature anymore under WLM. Is it gone ? > > (Under Contacts) > > Thanks > > Stephan "Stephan Koenig" <S.Koenig@LaserPlus.de> wrote in...

problem with fonts using Word as editor #3
All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What is one to do? Leo Leo Kerner <l.kerner@sympatico.ca> wrote ... > All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check > mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What > is one to do? Since you keep asking, I'll reply with my first reaction to all word-as-email-editor problems: don't use Word as your email editor. It's a simple and 100% effective solution to this and a whole host of ot...

Change a cell's value using a button
Hi - I know its possible but have no idea how to do it - How do I set up a cell with two buttons attached to it that increase and decrease the value in the cell? I.e. if I have a cell with 10% in it and hit the "up" button, the number goes up by 0.5% and down by the same amount if I hit the "down" button? I am pretty good in Excel but dont know anything about macros - but Im really not sure where you find this function. Thanks for your help in advance anyone! -- Ashley No macros required. Use a spin button control rather than 2 buttons. Follow these steps: 1. Go to...

Are GetSize() and GetCount() of CArray different?
What is the difference between GetSize() and GetCount() of CArray class? They seem to be the same (according to the help). Thanks. WJ On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:26:02 -0700, WJ <WJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the difference between GetSize() and GetCount() of CArray class? They >seem to be the same (according to the help). > >Thanks. > >WJ I'm not aware there is any difference. Looking at the source code, their implementations are identical. -- Doug Harrison Visual C++ MVP ...

Filtered Rows using Mode Function?
Hi Excel Forum, I am using numeric "filtered" data and I need to find the most frequen / re-occurring values (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc.) from the visibl filtered rows. The Mode function seemed likely, but I cannot get it t work with filtered rows. Can you assist with working examples, please: Formula based input direct on worksheet. VBA Macro using Formula. VBA UserDefined Function. Thank you QT -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I would use one of 2 methods :- 1. Formula in another column and sort descending :- =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$20,A16) Need to sort out dupl...

list box using defined name
I went through the directions for creating a "named" list (went to insert->name->define->added cells->clicked add->clicked close) I named my list "testname" I go to the cell I want to be a list box, then do the following ->data->validation->allow list->type "=testname" -> click ok I get an error message, is there something I'm doing wrong? Hi the way i do it in data validation is data / validation / allow = list, click in the source line and press F3, this displays the list of names, i then choose the one i want and excel ...

Bugs when using Access 200 DB on Access 2003?
I have developed a database in Access 2000, and it works wonderfully on all the computers I've tested it on... however, when I have tested it on two computers with Access 2003 (haven't tested it on more 2003 computers yet), it gets a little buggy and I need to fix that before I distribute this program, because it will go to about 300 clients, and I need to have bugs hammered out before I distribute it. the two bugs I know of right now are this: For example, on one of the main windows (form), you get a list of the records, in a continuous form. On all the versions I've tested, ex...

Could Excel be used as accounting software?
If so, any tutorials. (I don't want to learn or bky quick books) I jus want to keep tabs on business expenses and I would rather not do it o paper -- Freddy_Kruge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Freddy_Kruger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2962 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52382 Theoretically yes but practically no. There a lot of other softwares particularly databases that could do a lot than Excel. These include SAP,Oracle etc., Are you saying that excel wou...

eConnect is it in use?
I have come across an orphaned GP 9 client that has eConnect installed. No one there knows why eConnect is installed and I cannot find any applications that may be using it. Is there anyway to determine if it is actually in use currently doing something? Rich, A couple of things: 1) check for any econnect windows services running using the Services admin tool 2) in SQL, check the table called econnect_out table in the GP database. If it is not running, there should not be any data in there. You may want to monitor it for a few hours to see if anything pops into there and is cleared...

Multiple Instance of Same code
I have a form that lists duplicate Batch Job Names (form is based on a table that has job name and job nbr as primary key). I want to give the user the ability to click on the batch job name and open a new form (Batch Job Steps) that will show the job steps for that batch job and if needed click on the duplicate job name and show the job steps. In other words: Batch Job A (12 Job Steps) & Batch Job A (16 Job Steps). Both of these records have job nbr that form part of the primary key but is hidden from the user.) I was trying to use the code below and filter the form on load...

Use CPalette in CtlColor #3
hi, I want to change the Backgroundcolor in a ComboBox like HBRUSH CNxDbComboBox::CtlColor(CDC* pDC, UINT nCtlColor) { pDC->SetBkColor(RGB(255,174,94)); return blablabla... } ok, so far so good. But on Terminal-Server it won't show me the Color because of limited Colors in the Palette. So how can I use CPalette to solve this. I created a Palette and called pDC->RealizePalette(), but it didn't work out. A problem seems to me, that I need a CPaintDC, but I have a CDC!? Someone has a Idea? Thanks in advance Daniel ...

Problem using AcitveSync WM5
Hi, everyone I have WM5 device and th company have bought SSL certificate from third party. OWA works fine and recognizes certificate. I have installed certificate on the WM5 ipaq. But when I am trying to sync I am getting error 0x80072f0d The security certificate on the server is invalid. Contact your Exchange Server administrator or ISP to install a valid certificate on the server. Can anyone point what is wrong ? Thank you On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:37:19 +0100, "Nos" <nera@nera.com> wrote: >Hi, >everyone I have WM5 device and th company have bought SSL certifica...

subquery without using EXISTS word (?)
I am trying to open a report with the following code: strSQL = SELECT SheetsToPrint.* FROM SheetsToPrint WHERE SheetsToPrint.Type IN('TA', 'TAA', 'TD'); 'strSQL is built with code not shown here DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , strSQL the report itself has a query as its recordsource which reads (lengthy, I know, but that's what I inherited...): (the recordsource by itself does work) SELECT IIf(InStr([Type],"-")=0,Len(AllPagesToPrint!type),InStr([Type],"-")-1) AS order1, IIf(InStr([Type],"...

Different e-mail accounts
Hi, I have a user who does have configured several e-mail accounts in Outlook (one exchange account to that the CRM is configured and some other webmail accounts such as bellsouth, compuserve ...). I'm not sure if this configuration can affect the functionality of the SFO. Does anybody have experices in this field? Thanks, Marlen The impact on the CRM system is that you will have defined the email address for the user (as you defined in the crm user record). The user can still have 'many' Outlook accounts, and can 'promote' the emails from all their email addresses...

Add item using HTML Status Bar
I want to add a bunch of pictures of items to the HTML status bar and have the item added to the transaction when the cashier clicks on the item. Is that possible? I have the customization guide, I can modify the status.htm file to display the pictures, but I just need the code to add to the HTML file to trigger the adding of the item (again, if possible). P.S. I don't want to use the custom POS buttons (I already know how to add items that way). I almost have it figured out. I added this code to the Status.htm file: function addit() { qsBridge.FireEvent("PerformAddItem...