Creating a Word document from an ASP.NET application - 66689

Hello,
I just want to know if there is an existing DLL or Web Compasant that can be
used from an ASP.NET application (located on a IIS server without Office on
it) to create a Word document based on a template (.dot) that is used only
for the bookmarks properties (replaced momentarily with a personnal values).
Best Regards,

0
Bruno

On Jun 21, 1:34=A0pm, "Bruno MAIGNAN" <bruno.maig...@ca-atlantica.fr>
wrote:
> Hello,
> I just want to know if there is an existing DLL or Web Compasant that can=
 be
> used from an ASP.NET application (located on a IIS server without Office =
on
> it) to create a Word document based on a template (.dot) that is used onl=
> for the bookmarks properties (replaced momentarily with a personnal value=
s).
> Best Regards,

Even better, you can make it for free using xml and xslt:
http://weblogs.asp.net/cnagel/archive/2004/09/25/234188.aspx
Best regards.
0
Cubaman

Documentation
Does MS publish documentation for Visio2007? I can't find it on the disk. Jim what specifically were you looking for? there's a couple of articles on msdn on things that have changed, and of course the "developing visio solutions" material is still over there as well. al "Jim Gainsley" <jgainsley@rencocorp.com> wrote in message news:12ubu71c6nio2ba@corp.supernews.com... > Does MS publish documentation for Visio2007? I can't find it on the disk. > > Jim > > I'm looking the "standard" textbook--how to use the progra...

enlarging size of toolbars at top of Word 2007
How can one enlarge the toolbar buttonsand tabs at the top of the application for someone with poor vision. Is changing the screen resolution the only way? -- .. Pretty much. The size of the buttons cannot be changed, but what you see on the Ribbon does vary with the width of the Word window (there's more detail if you have more room for it). If you're not running Word maximized, you might want to try that to see if it helps. Otherwise, changing the screen resolution is the only way to make buttons and text larger; just be aware that you will see less detail. -- ...

Making Rectangles Visible when Publishing in MS Word
Hi I am new to reports and have what is probably a very basic problem. I have set up my text boxes with their relevant control sources and framed each text box and label using the rectangle tool with a thickness of 2 point. When I run the report the frames appear and the same if I create a pdf but if I use the Publish with MS Word option (Tools>> Office Links) then the rectangles disappear. Does anyone know how to solve this? The Visible property is set to 'Yes' and I am using MS Access 2003. Many thanks David The export to Word is in RTF (Rich Text Format), and it lo...

Create new directory
I'm new with Exel, so please bear with me. Sub saveascode() Dim sFileName As String Range("A3").Select Selection.Copy Range("F3").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ False, Transpose:=False Application.CutCopyMode = False sFileName = Worksheets("Hotline").Range("F3").Value ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\peter\3\" & sFileName & ".xls" Range("F3").Select Selection.ClearContents End Sub This saves my Exel file by giving it the file nam...

XMLHttpRequest in .NET
Is there any class or wrapper or support in .NET of any version for Microsoft.XML components. XMLHttpRequest is an object from MSXML component. If i'm not mistaken MSXML is designed preior to .NET. Is there any related objects in .NET namespaces? One of our client exposed an XMLInterface on web. So to get the request from the exposed interface, I’m using this object. For more understanding, please go through this link ( http://194.224.184.162/barceloDS/interface/example ) and this will give you idea on how our client exposed their interface To consume this interface, what kind of ...

Outlook mail message crashes when using MS Word as editor
Hi, I had been using MS Word as the mail editor for my Outlook 2003 for a very long time, but recently, my messages that I am creating and to which I am responding have begun to crash before I can send them. I will get a certain portion of the message typed, and the Editor window will crash. When I close the window through the task manager, a new MS Word document opens up. I know I can disable MS Word as the editor, but there are features that I like and have grown accustomed to using. Why has my Outlook started to do this? Thanks for any help. Frank Startng by doing Detect and Repai...

Create a FormView/Dialog in runtime execution in VC 05
He everyone I have a toolbar with only two buttons. The first button will be show a dialog/form view (any component where i can put buttons, scrolls, etc) in the left/right side in my viewport (client view). The second button will be hide the dialog/form view. I can't do it! Anyone can help me? thanks esmitt ramirez j. esmitt@gmail.com http://lcg.ciens.ucv.ve/~esmitt "You can do it!" You can't do what exactly? AliR. <esmitt@gmail.com> wrote in message news:388f1c24-6cee-4584-a0ea-3f3729d44098@64g2000hsw.googlegroups.com... > He everyone > > I have a to...

Help!!!!!!!!!! Word as my e-mail editor quit..took a hike
What happened? It was working fine... Now I get a message saying word isn't installed or there is a problem so Outlook is my e-mail editor.... The artist in my is crying WHYYYYY ME!! Any suggestions? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q284900 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319796 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q196871 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q223934 -- Russ Valentine [M...

How to create a function in a code sheet
Hi! I need to create a function that I will use in a worksheet. However, I need to create it in a worksheet code (not in a separate module, but in the "Microsoft Excel Objects"). I know it works for a macro, but not for a function. I tried to call my function with "private function", "public function", but it doesn't work. Thanks for your help guys! Mathieu Hi Mathieu Why on earth do you "need to create it in a worksheet code, not in a separate module" ? Insert a regular module and write your function, end users don't ca...

Using CRM Application Pool for Custom ASP.NET application
Hi All I am having 2 server based CRM configuration set that is CRM database is on other server, My intallation on multi server went well and CRM is working fine. I have asp.net application which also uses the same database server as CRM and it is deployed on CRM web server. I have added this ASP.NET application to the Application Pool that CRM is using so that I don't have problem in Connecting to Database server however though CRM is able to connect to the database my ASP.NET application is not getting trusted connection on sql server. What am i doing wrong here? Do I have to ...

How to create such rule?
Hello, I have a special email box at my exchange server fax@email.lt. When someone sends a letter to this box with like this <123456789><fax@email.lt>, this letter should be automatically forwarded by address [fax:123456789]. How can I write such rule using MS Outlook 2003? Maybe I have to write some VB code? I appreciate your help. Greetings, Vycka ...

How do I Create new Stages for opportunities
As part of the opportunities form I can Change the sales process by changing stage I didn't understand how do I fill all Stage table. This is done using Workflow Manger, which is well documented. Gill >-----Original Message----- >As part of the opportunities form I can Change the sales process by changing stage. >I didn't understand how do I fill all Stage table. >. > ...

What happens here man?-I am using vs.net 2003
this function is in a regular .dll statically linked to mfc. BOOL Initialize(void) { //have m_pMainWnd to be not null else the thread is going to die any how AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); HANDLE pphandle=0; pphandle=::GetCurrentThread(); DWORD ThreadID=0; ThreadID=::GetThreadId(pphandle); //processID=::GetProcessId(pphandle);//process id is corrent //ClassObj.m_pMainWnd=pwnd; return ClassObj.CreateThread(); } when run to test it. The Procedure entry GThreadId could not be located in dynamic library Kernel32.dll >The Procedure entry GThreadId could not be loca...

How do I create a template with a border that fills the page?
I have a PDF that I want to use as a background template. It consists of a border with the company colors, and a light-shaded graphic (watermark) in the middle. I created a template with margins of 0, but is there a way to set the page margins to 1" but still have the background fill the page, or would I have to create a text box? Okay, I have figured out that I need to insert it as a watermark and uncheck "washout," but now it prints out bright but shows up as faded/washed out on the screen. I am creating a letterhead template for letters that will be e-mailed (...

can't see photos in my document but they print
Somehow I've made the photos in my MS Publisher document disappear but they are there when I print. I need to see them as I edit and rework pages. What did I do wrong? How can I fix it. Thanks. Ron View, Pictures, detailed display... If this does not solve the issue, then your video/graphics driver needs upgrading. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter: Control panel, Display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If your images appear when you slide the acceleration down, then go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and u...

Word changing keyboard layouts on startup
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, I am generally using two keyboard layouts, Polish (Pro) and British, with the former being used most of the time and the latter - infrequently. Every single time I open Word, it changes the keyboard layout to British on the startup, and doesn't come back to Polish after quitting the application. Oddly enough, it seems to dislike certain languages, as I have done a bit of experimentation. - British - Polish (Pro) British remains British, with Polish (Pro) selected, it goes back to British on the startup. -...

Viewing a Word (*.Doc) File in CHtmlView
Hi All, I have created a SDI Project using MFC AppWizard. In Step 5, I have selected Project Style: Windows Explorer. In Step 6, I have selected CHtmlView as Parent class of Application View class. In LeftView, I have made a Tree of MS Word (*.DOC) Files and when double click on a File this file is shown in RightPane. Now, problem is that EXE of my Project is running fine on my PC. But, on some other PCs it shows a Downloading Dialog Box before showing file in the Right Pane. Dialog Box asks user to Open file, Save file, and to Cancel processing. How I can hide this dialog box. Best Rega...

SCR documentation?
I've got a SCR source in my test lab that is a CCR cluster and an SCR target that is a stand alone mailbox server. I've gotten SCR enabled, log files are replicating to the target, databases were successfully seeded, etc. However, all of the documentation I've found details how to recover this to a standby cluster consisting of two passive nodes. Maybe I'm not understanding the terminology correctly, but am confused on how to test the activation of the SCR target. Did I already mess up by not installing the SCR target in a passive cluster? Or do I still use...

How do I create my own clipart?
I have my own design that I would like to turn into clipart. How can I do that? Did you make the design in Publisher? What version? In 2002-03, select all the objects, right-click, click save as a picture. Save using .wmf or .emf. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mike G." <MikeG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAE37EEF-8D79-4129-8DAE-0DC3A70EF641@microsoft.com... >I have my own design that I would like to turn into clipart. How can I do > that? ...

Cannot create mailboxes after Exchange Install!
Just installed our first Windows 2003 Server AD server and first Exchange 2003 Ent Server, and I do not have the options in ADU&C to manage exchange stuff. I did extend the Forest/Domain schema's checked DcDiag/NetDiag, all check out fine. Exhibit: Server1 = Win2K3 Std Svr / AD / DNS server Server2 = Win2K3 Std Svr / Member server / Exch2k3 Ent. Added the Adminpak to the Exch/Member Server and it then shows up on its ADU&C on that server. Did I miss something, is there an extra step I need to do during the Exchange setup? Now, I'm thinking if I add the Adminpak to the DC it...

Reading XP generated publisher document
How would I go about open up a publisher doc that was sent by someone using Publisher XP. I am currently running Pub 2000. The Message I get when trying to open it is: Can not read this version Thanks Hi John, You need to have the person who created the Publication save the file as a Publisher 2000 file. Have them go to File>Save As and change the file type to Publisher 2000. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >How would I go about open up a publisher doc that was sent >by someone using Publisher XP. I am current...

creating labels?
How do I create 16 different labels on one sheet of labels. I can design a label and the same design will print on all sixteen, but want 16 different on the one sheet??? Setup your label page manually. Look at the label page setup for 16, duplicate the margins and gaps in the arrange menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2884E13-C74E-4FCE-B1C6-330CEBE4BD1F@microsoft.com... > How do I create 16 different labels on one sheet of labels. ...

Creating an icon in a DLL for ExtractIcon?
Hi, I would like to add an icon to my DLL so that ActiveSync will display an icon. I've seen that other sync DLL's have a "DefaultIcon" setting in the registry like -101 or something. I've got an icon in my DLL but there's no number associated with it so I can't set the "DefaultIcon" in the registry to anything. This registry setting is used by the ActiveSync app to display the icon for a DLL (I think). I think it's related to "ExtractIcon" which will extract an icon given a DLL path name and an id number but I can't find how to pu...

office documents dont show icon properly
I have notice that the icons for my doc,docx, xls .. etc are not show properly. The shortcut for word exe...etc show poperly but on on items created in the products. How do I fix this other than reinstalling office ? 'Properly' means what? Run Office Diagnostics "Help me" <Helpme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A305279-9E60-4DCB-88C2-38F92038DD8C@microsoft.com... > I have notice that the icons for my doc,docx, xls .. etc are not show > properly. The shortcut for word exe...etc show poperly but on on items > created in the p...

Format Painter in MS Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi - How do I set up a keyboard short-cut for Format Painter? (MS Word 2008 for Mac version 12.1.7) Thanks Derek Go into Tools> Customize Keyboard & Menus then click the Keyboard button. On the Commands page select Edit from the Categories list then locate the following commands & assign the keystroke of choice to each: CopyFormat PasteFormat HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/12/09 10:44 AM, in article 59b744e3.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Derek100@officeformac.com" <Derek100@o...