Create user Wizard / Login Control

Good Evening everyone,

Just wondering if someone can help with my problem.  I created an ASP
website using VB ( all in VS 2008), I created a Create User page and added a
Create User Wizard Control, and I also created a second page that has a
Login Control, once logged in the user is redirected to a Members page.
Eveything works fine on the computer I created this on and it works on every
computer I have copied it to and worked on thru VS.  I wanted to put on a
webserver to view in actual production, I just copied the folder with
solution and all other files onto a flash drive and then I copied them from
there onto a computer that I have running Windows Server 2003 Web Edition,
into the Inetpub folder where I have the other websites That I have.

The website comes up no problems, BUT when I try to log in or create a new
user i get an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
set to "Off".

I am thinking that it has something to do with the built in database file
that is created and put in the App Data folder when you use the create user
and Login Controls.?

I have had nothing else loaded on the Server on the server OS, so today
thinking that maybe it needs SQL server to know how to deal with the .MDF
file I installed SQL Server express, but that did not help still same error.
Although my other ASP sites (and this one) had been working without
Frontpage Extentions configured I went ahead and ran that configuration
manager, again nothing.

So I am not sure what I need to do or what setting I might need to correct
on the server in order to get this site working correctly?

Thanks for the Help,

Jeff

0
Jeff

"Jeff" <jeffby@nospamtds.net> wrote in

> Runtime Error
> custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the
> application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons).
> It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server
> machine.

Until you get to the actual error, there is NO WAY to accurately predict
what is going on.

If I were to take a wild guess, I would say you have an incorrect
connection string. Or, perhaps, the database does not have the proper
protocol(s) installed to talk to your app. But there could be bad code
in your app, as well, so these are just guesses based on common
questions asked here.

But, with the "I can't display the error, but something bad happened"
message, I can't verify this is true.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld

|      Think outside the box!             |
Gregory
12/7/2009 4:57:03 PM
This has NOTHING to do with FrontPage Extensions which at this point in
history are not needed and should not even be used. Throw FrontPage away and
use Expression Web or some other HTML IDE.

Secondly, if you're going to run your own server fine but generally speaking
SQL Server Express and the MDF files are nothing but trouble which can be
learned by search and reading what others have experienced.

Finally, if you are running Vista and have an instance of IIS running on
your local Vista machine running to test some more load this blog item and
follow the directions:
http://metromilwaukee.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!BE0E8B9C55C5E5E4!215.entry

Then replicate your thumb drive file transfer method. Don't forget you have
to give the folder permissions. Microsoft is FUBAR and keeps changing the
name of the service that ASP.NET needs to run so you determine what is
needed by their current server product. This will help you determine which
machine and which instance of IIS configuration is giving you a problem.

"Jeff" <jeffby@nospamtds.net> wrote in message
> Good Evening everyone,
>
> Just wondering if someone can help with my problem.  I created an ASP
> website using VB ( all in VS 2008), I created a Create User page and added
> a Create User Wizard Control, and I also created a second page that has a
> Login Control, once logged in the user is redirected to a Members page.
> Eveything works fine on the computer I created this on and it works on
> every computer I have copied it to and worked on thru VS.  I wanted to put
> on a webserver to view in actual production, I just copied the folder with
> solution and all other files onto a flash drive and then I copied them
> from there onto a computer that I have running Windows Server 2003 Web
> Edition, into the Inetpub folder where I have the other websites That I
> have.
>
> The website comes up no problems, BUT when I try to log in or create a new
> user i get an error:
>

> Server Error in '/' Application.
>
> Runtime Error
> custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the
> application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It
> could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
>
> Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be
> viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a
> "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the
> current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its
> "mode" attribute set to "Off".
>

> I am thinking that it has something to do with the built in database file
> that is created and put in the App Data folder when you use the create
> user and Login Controls.?
>
> I have had nothing else loaded on the Server on the server OS, so today
> thinking that maybe it needs SQL server to know how to deal with the .MDF
> file I installed SQL Server express, but that did not help still same
> error. Although my other ASP sites (and this one) had been working without
> Frontpage Extentions configured I went ahead and ran that configuration
> manager, again nothing.
>
> So I am not sure what I need to do or what setting I might need to correct
> on the server in order to get this site working correctly?
>
> Thanks for the Help,
>
> Jeff

0
Hillbilly

Enable control/field if in Add New Record page/form
I have a field that I disable in the Edit mode of a form but I would like to Enable the same field/control when the same form is in the 'Add new Record' mode. Can you tell me the code and event to use. In the form's OnCurrent event (every time it moves to a new record), include this code: If Me.NewRecord Then Me.Controlname.Enabled = True Else Me.Controlname.Enabled = False End If this could be simplified to one line: Me.Controlname.Enabled = Me.NewRecord Or, if you are talking about the AllowAdditions and AllowEdits properties, you can use the...

CRM shuts down the users Internet Explorer
Hi, I have the following configuration : SrvA (w2k3) : dc + sql; SrvB (w2k3) : Xch + crm. SrvC (w2k3) : ISA2004. Server C is NOT a member of my xxx.local domain. Internally I can reach the CRM server (webbased +thr Outlook). I have configd a srv certificate and installed it on SrvC. I want the Internet part of the communication between external clients and CRM to run thr https, the internal part thr http. For security I want the ISA srv to bridge, not to route. DNS is configd correctly. So I published a secure srv in ISA (publ rule + listener) When an external webclient tries to connect,...

VC++ 6.0 class wizard
Hi everybody, I have a rather strange problem with VC++ 6.0. In my workspace I have 4 projects. (main exe, zip compression library, 2 language dlls). The language dlls were added yesterday. Before this everything worked normal. Now I want to add new classes to my main project, but if I select the class wizard, only one of the language dll projects is shown in the "project" combo box. What happened to my workspace an what can I do to solve this problem? Thanks, Chris Delete the .clw and .ncb files and then try recreate the classes. -- Vipin Aravind MVP "the.chris"...

How can I create my own calendar in Publisher?
I once had a print out on how to create your own calendar in Publisher. I need to create a calendar that is two rows of six months each. It is to go on my keyboard hand rest so it must be narrow. I am using Microsoft XP. Thanks. Small 2006 calendar here, might work for you http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "SummerLoverNan" <SummerLoverNan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56814E5C-C7BE-4218-ADA7-79E6F0D3B9AA@microsoft.com... >I once had...

Creating and adding a Report in CRM 3
The report manager provided by Microaoft is for CRM 1.2.How do I create a report and add it to CRM 3. Can I still create it in Crystall reports and then add it to CRM 3.(I ahve done this for CRM 1.2) Need guidance Thanks & Regards SAM Sam, CRM 3 uses SQL Reporting Services, imo a superior product than Crystal. In v3 you can use the advance find to construct queries. Its a much more dynamic reporting tool. If you created your Crystal reports then you should have no problems recreating them in SQL RS. If you dont want to however i beleive there is a method of using your Crystal repo...

How to Create a Window
Hello, I am having an unbelievable amount of trouble just creating a window with MFC. First I construct a CWnd object. Then my CWnd object calls CreateEx as follows: (I want to create a top-level window) BOOL Result = CreateEx( NULL , AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW) , NULL, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW , CRect(0, 0, 20, 20), this, 999); It fails without any error message, and the window is not created. Do I have to Show() the window before it is actually created, or something like that? This is driving me nuts. Thanks, Rich S. I Figured it out. I'm supposed to put...

How do I create an investment portfolio for my clients?
Hello, Currently I am a financial planner, and, having recently left a major firm, I am attempting to streamline my marketing process. As such, my goal is to create an excel document (or locate a template) that allows me to include the following: Holdings (cash equity, mutual funds, bonds, etc) with a number of different graphs, including allocation, sectors, etc. If possible, I would like to be able to update this chart for client account changes. I was hoping that someone might be able to provde some type of insight into how I would go about this. I certainly appreciate everyone'...

User MS Contact to MS CRM Contact
Hello Experts!! I would like to ask something regarding the functionality of MS CRM. Is there any way to import selected contacts from user mailbox to MS CRM Contacts??? I know that with MS Sales for Outlook you can import MS Contacts, but the problem is that I can´t choose which contacts I will convert to CRM, so for example, if the user has personal contacts that shouldn’t be in CRM Contacts how can the user "in a easy way" export and convert them to CRM selecting only those contacts that should be in CRM from MS Outlook?? Is there any function as "Create CRM Cont...

Runtime type of windows / controls
Hi. Im trying to programmatically enumerating an applications windows / controls at runtime. My problem occurs when using my program on MFC applications. All i see is the afx: dynamic id�s and i dont know how to get information enough to determine whether the control im looking at is a ListView a Header, Button etc. Shouldnt this be possible in some way as a lot of the standard windows controls are wrapped by the MFC ? Does anybody know how to get information about a given control with a given handle, or iin some other way ? Best regards, Thue Thue Tuxen wrote: > Hi. > > I...

user rights
I need a group of users to be able to create and move mailboxes and to add users to a distribution group. I need to know the best way to do this without giving to many rights. Thanks, Tyson Tyson, You can set DL modify permissions directly in AD Users and Computers via the Security tab of the group in question (you must first turn on Advanced Features from the view menu). Follow the instructions provided in the below link: http://lspservices.iupui.edu/docs/permissions.asp As best practice for AD you should, when feasible, put all groups requiring similar permissions in the same O...

How to create win32 Static library
hi, how to create and write win32 static library? thanks. ...

How to Create a Discount Calculator based on volume
I am trying to create a cost calculator form, which will automatically calculate the discounted monthly price for a service based on the number of units. I want to have a single cell which will calculate the discount rate based on the number of units. The discounts are: if units =<50 price = 10 if units =>51 and <101 price = 9.75 if units =>101 and <201 price = 8.75 if units =>201 and <301 price = 8.00 if units =>301 and <401 price = 7.00 if units =>501 and <501 price = 6.00 if units =>501 price = 5.00 I have tried to create a module in VBA,...

Configure user permissions on a custom webpart
Hi. I'm working on a custom webpart, which is a list that gets data from a ms sql database. If you press a record, a new form will be shown containing information regarding this record. I would like to be able to limit access to the second form, it should only be certain user who should have access to this. On the second form it is possible to edit the information, by pressing a "edit" btn, only specific users should have access to this. My question is, how do I make these permissions, should I make a table in the database with the certain users, and make code for...

New users not working on Front End OWA
I'm running Windows Server 2003 SBS with SP2 as my Exchange Back End and Windows Server 2003 Standard with Exchange 2003 SP1 as my front-end server. I've created a new user but cannot get it to work properly on the OWA if I'm going through the Front End server. So for instance - if I go to http://backend/exchange, the OWA comes up normally. HOwever, if I go http://frontend/exchange the user logs in but I get 404 errors on both the left and main panes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293386 Nue "Kelvin Kang" <...

Exchange 2K forwarding to external- need to know who has set this up on AD users
We recently had what appears to be someone logging onto the Exchange 2000 server and setting any mail sent to two domain users to be also forwarded to an external recipient (Contact) that I had set up previously. This is the second time this has happened in 6 months, and meant the user whose Contact address this was, was getting mail destined for these 2 users- obviously a big security risk. Is there ANY way of finding out which domain user might have made the changes to the Active Directory objects for these users? Neither previously had any forwarding set up in Delivery Options. There does...

Create a custom culture that might be wrong
Hi! I'm reading in a book and there is some code that might be wrong. Here is the code enclosed within "" "CultureInfo usCulture = new CultureInfo("en-US"); RegionInfo usRegion = new RegionInfo("US"); CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder demoBuilder = new CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder ("en-US", CultureAndRegionModifiers.Neutral); demoBuilder.LoadDataFromCultureInfo(usCulture); demoBuilder.LoadDataFromRegionInfo(usRegion);" As you can see the CultureAndRegionModifiers is set to Neutral but according to the MSDN doc this Neutral ...

Migration Wizard
Help! I get "Windows SBS 2008 Migration Wizard has stopped working" Problem details are Description: Stopped working Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: migrationwizard.exe When trying to run Mig Wizard on new SBS2008 Server from 2003. Everything else looks OK - email flow, mailboxes, etc. Other tasks in SBS Console run OK. Not sure what is in the Mig Wiz so just want make sure I do everything required! Any ideas much appreciated Hello Neil, Thanks for your post. If you are using the built-in Administrator accou...

Create new field
Access 2007 - I have to label each claim with a claimtype based on a combination of fields and I'm not sure how to do this. In AS400 query, I used conditional calculations, but would really prefer to find a solution that is easier to update and manage. Hopefully, the table below gives an idea of the combination of fields that I am working with. Each claim has all of these fields. However, all claims with Aslob 052 should be labeled "Casualty". All claims with Aslob 230 and FieldB=EPG are labeled "Surety, but those with Aslob 230 and FieldA=EIC01 should be ...

TreeView Control Search
What is the simplest way to Search a TreeView Control? I need to find the a specific value in the TEXT of the TreeView. I've looked at: http://127.0.0.1:47873/help/1-7024/ms.help?method=page&id=M:SYSTEM.WEB.UI.WEBCONTROLS.TREEVIEW.FINDNODE(SYSTEM.STRING)&product=VS&productversion=100&locale=en-US&topiclocale=EN-US&topicversion=100&SQM=2 but the ValuePath and ValuePathText aren't available. ...

Can I create graph combining clusted and stacked columns?
There is an example on my Tip&Tricks page best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32ADC32A-7C2E-48F2-9D4A-3CF254D116FE@microsoft.com... > ...

getting pixels in an array out of an picture control
Hi, I just could get an CImage out of an picture control. But this CImage is not an Dib so I can't use the methode GetBits or GetPitch. How can I get the picture data in an array out of an picture control? Thank you for your help kind regards jorge try this on image.m_hBitmap use GetDIBits(...) on the handle you obtain above to get the data. "J�rg Weber" <j.weber@wincan.com> wrote in message news:#M3hMh6qEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I just could get an CImage out of an picture control. But this CImage is not > an Dib so I can't use the...

Trying to create a formula for adding and subtracting columns.
I have a class that keeps a balance of "money" they earn in school. Each week we add the total then at the end of the month they subtract thing s they bought. So I would need a formula that adds the total for four rows and then subtracts in the fifth row to give me a final total. I am new to excel and am hoping I will be able to do it without too much trouble. I am usually a pretty quick learner. Are you wanting only to make this calculation occur on demand at the end of the month? If your happy for it to just calculate as you go along then just use "=A1+...

Outlook Faults out when other when mail is opened and other users Calendars are selected:
Hello all (especially MS) Got one that has me stumped here and I'd love to see some suggestions or possibly a confirmation that this is a bug of some kind: Got an end-user who manages the calendars of multiple executives. As such she has delegated access to all of their calendars. The Back-Office system is as follows: Active/Active/Passive Exchange 2003 SP2 Mail Server running on Windows 2003 SP1, along with 3 Front-End Servers (two SMTP and One OWA/OMA/ActiveSync Host). Client - Windows XP SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2, all updates pushed to system via WSUS. Basically Outlook Blows w...

BUG: Exchange 2003
Microsoft MVP's or super heavy admins please send a URL to a site that you know works for this, pretty please. :) No one so far has come up with a solution that works on this and I just don't think it works. I did this all day on 2000 and even though the security tabs are there they just don't work right for 2003. If anyone knows differently please inform us b/c several people around the world are having the exact same problem. Please fix or post a link that actually has been proven to work. Have a great day! Paul Stephenson what do you mean by "they just don't w...

how best to creat an inventory list, with one master sheet and a sheet for each item #2
Not sure if what you have described will work. I am looking at havin to inventory 200 items or so, and keep a sheet on each that I ca record issue and received stock, with a couple other columns o information as well. The 'master' sheet would list all items and a current balance so that can print it out without having to print out excessive pages and i would provide a nice way to view current stock at a glance. I als have hopes of formatting that page so it will give me notice when t re-order, etc. Hope this helps clear up what I am trying to do. Thanks for all the help, keep it...