Counting ASP.NET sessions in a web farm

Hi,

We have a ASP .NET application which will be deployed in a web farm.
We would like to find the total number of sessions that have been
established. If we create a counter in global.asax.cs, it will be able
to count only within aspnet_wp process. In a web farm, multiple nodes
will have IIS on multiple machines.
If we use SQL server-based session management, can we get the total
number of active session by querying the Session DB?
If we later decide to use session state server to store the sessions,
can we get the number of active sessions?

Thanks,
Yash
0
Yash

On Oct 8, 11:44=A0am, Yash Ganthe <yas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a ASP .NET application which will be deployed in a web farm.
> We would like to find the total number of sessions that have been
> established. If we create a counter in global.asax.cs, it will be able
> to count only within aspnet_wp process. In a web farm, multiple nodes
> will have IIS on multiple machines.
> If we use SQL server-based session management, can we get the total
> number of active session by querying the Session DB?
> If we later decide to use session state server to store the sessions,
> can we get the number of active sessions?
>
> Thanks,
> Yash

Hello:
Yes, if you use Sql DDBB you can query it for session values.
Best regards.
0
Cubaman

outlook web access #38
When I click on the address book icon in Outlook for Web 2003 it i empty. However if I type in a name on the search function th information on the individual appears from the global address book. Ho can I get the global address book to show all entries when it is evoke from outlook for web as it does for outlook 2003 locally. Also I ca only see the last 25 emails when I check email from outlook for web. I there any way to display all emails in the in-box. I appreciate an help I canget ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and po...

Synchronization problem with Outlook Web Access
A few weeks ago we had some problem with our servers, and we reinstalled everything, but we restored the exchange database. Now I have a problem with some old calendar items. They generating reminders in Outlook Web Access, and they are visible there, however I cannot delete them. Using Office Outlook these items are not visible, as if they are non-existing. How can I solve this issue? ...

display ratios as written in web query
I am using a web query to display data about screen contrasts, all written with the formatting of "700:1" or "3000:1" It displays corectly in the edit web query window, but everything I try to make it display as delivered fails. I tried text, custom formats with @ etc, but it seems to insist on doing the calculation before turning it back to text, or as a ratio it does the division. (The text formatting for this works OK if I type directly into the spread sheet) Is there a way to make a web query display as written? Any help appreciated. Keith ...

Multiple results with Count
Hello Everybody, In Access 2003, I am trying to get multiple results in a query using Count with the same column and table as my source of data. So far I have been unsuccessful in bringing two results of Count onto a same query. For example: I have a list of amounts paid to different employees in a column. I want to count the rows base on two different criteria (i) rows with amounts more than $1000 each and (ii) rows with amounts less than $500. I want to get the results of these two criteria in same query but in two different fields with distinct names. What would be the structure of ...

Display a count of unique records in a query in Access 2007
Hi, I'm not sure if I should be in this group, or Reports, but I'll start here. I have a user who would like to do a count of unique records and display the information in a query, or a report. Here are the basics: She has a list of donors, some of the donors donate more than once to the same cause. What she would like is a list of the number of donors, per cause. But, if the donor ID repeats for the same cause, she does not want that ID counted again. Example: We can get a query to return a count of the records per cause. It is returning a value of "7" for a cause,...

Anyone ever seen a case where FormatConditions.Count = -1 ?
I have a case where I have a selected range (Application.Selection) that I want to do some conditional formatting on and I am seeing a case where Application.Selection.FormatConditions.Count is -1 instead of a value between 0 and 3. Anyone ever seen this before? I am sure that some sort of error condition exists, but don't know the significance of Count = -1 except that I cannot add a condition. I believe the selection is valid. Any help would be appreciated. TIA. Roy You'll see that if the selection contains cells with different conditional formatting. roybrew@att.net wrote:...

Pivot tables- 0 counts don't display
How can I get a 0 counts to display in the pivot chart and subsequent graphs. Thanks to Debra for answering my last question, it was a big help! You could enter a dummy record for each combination in the table, and leave the door field blank. For example: door floor core doortype 1 1 1 2 1 1 3 1 1 These records will be displayed in the column and row area, but won't be counted in the data area, where 'Count of Door' is used. Jim wrote: > How can I get a 0 counts to display in the pivot chart > and subs...

Outlook and VB.NET
I'm creating a ASP.NET webapplication in VB.Net. In my code i create a mail and when i use the save method it saves the mail in the draft folder. Do to this i use the code i found at the link below and de outlook COM-objects in Visual studio. I found this code: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Internet/SendingEmailsThroughOutlookCB.asp and this work partly... with this code i can save the mail in the draft folder. But i can't get it to display to the user. mailitem.display does not seem to work. so now i'm searching for a way to open or focus on the mail in outlook once it's cre...

how to return a xmldocument to classic asp
Hi everyone, I'm making a SOAP request to a webservice from classic asp with(SOAP Toolkit v3.0). This function has to return the XML document or the xmlstring to the classic asp page. How can i do this? Here is how i try todo it now: Public Function getData(ByVal strParamValue As String) As System.Xml.XmlDocument Dim connIsOpen As Boolean Dim strXml As String Dim xmlDoc As New XmlDocument() 'Dim xmlNodlist As XmlNodeList strParamValue = strParamValue + "%" connIsOpen = openConnection() If connIsOpen Then ...

Count Outlook messages.
Hi there I'm pretty new at Outlook 2000 so i'm not too sure weather you can do this or not but i'll try to explain it as best as i can. I'm getting messages from a specific email sender address. And what I want to do is count how many messages i am getting from this sender. I am on a network and i think we are running Windows 2000 server with Exchange 2000. I have a Win2k PC with Outlook 2000. Is there a way to count the amount of messages that i'm getting from the sender or do i need a specific type of software to do it? Thanks guys. Tell me if you need anymore ...

Publishing 2007 Reports To The Web
I am getting ready to create a runtime version of a program created for my employer. I created it using 2003 but will convert it to 2007 and use the runtime components for that process. 2003 had the Data Access Pages and I know that 2007 does not. We do have a web site and I would like to publish reports from Access 2007 to the web so our participants can view these. What would be the best method to accomplish this? Thank you for any help. On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:11:01 -0800, Arturo <Arturo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: One option is to save them as PDF (DoCmd.O...

Outlook Web Access Error #2
We have a front end / back end Exchange 2003 setup. When some users log into OWA they receive a you are not authorized to view this page error. As soon as they refresh their browser window, their mailbox shows up. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike We've had this as well and apparently that happens when the password is about to expire. After changing the password, this doesn't happen anymore. I found no solution for this. "Mike Fefferman" <fefferman@news.org> wrote in message news:%23S6NpdkLFHA.1096@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > We have a front end / back end Exchange 20...

Enabling .NET programmability?
I am installing Microsoft Data Assistant for PowerPoint and Excel, but I must first enable .NET programmability? How do I do this? ...

Same class file for Win and Web
Hi I've a very simple class file with a number of static methods that I need to call from both a Windows app and a Web app. I dont want to build seperate dll's for these projects. The code should just be a part each project. I've tried in studio to add the .cs file to each project but instead of a reference to the same file the .cs file is copied to each project directory. Any help would be appreciated,- thanks. Peter Hello, > I dont want to build seperate dll's for these projects. The code should > just be a part each project. I've tri...

web access
Hello, I'm currently running an Active Directory 2003 domain with Exchange 2003. When clients access their emails via Web Access, they are not seeing any emails in only a few folders that they have created. Emails are in the folder if accessed through Outlook but not Web Access. Any Ideas? Thank In Advance... Sam They're not delivering mail to a PST are they? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "mr S" <mrS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD348774-CE0C-4437-9B9D-EFA8A698DC6C@microsoft.com.....

How to link sheets/cells over web
So the questions is as follows: I have a loads of different excel workbooks which are linked to on "total"sheet that gathers the information from all sheets. Now I hav to store them into a web folder and I can't link them the way I hav linked them now. Now the formula is like this 'C:\=[Book2.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1. And now when I put them to this we folder every workbook get its own http address and I should someho change the path C:\... with web address. Is it possible and how? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTi...

ASP.Net 2005 Editable Drop down server control
Could any one share me open source code to customize Asp.net 2005 drop down control as an editable drop down control. This is an urgent requirement. Thanks in advance Check out the code at this link: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/EditableDropdown.aspx - Dave "JPrasad." <JPrasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50FF9826-BB9B-4E99-9D73-745274229164@microsoft.com... > Could any one share me open source code to customize Asp.net 2005 drop > down > control as an editable drop down control. This is an urgent requirement. > > Thanks in a...

Going From MFC to .NET
I hope someone can help me on this! here is what's happening: Big project created on MFC C++ with extensive GUI etc... I tryed to open this project using .NET and everything is fine from GUI to project settings etc... Now the problem is that when I try to compile a debug or release vr. the project gives the following error after successfully compiling all of the other codes: //**THIS IS JUST PART OF THE OUTPUT**// Linking... C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib\msimg32.lib : warning LNK4003: invalid library format; library ignored C:\Program Files\Micros...

SSL in a C++ web services client
I'm trying to add SSL support to my web service client. It's written in VC++ 7.1 (Visual Studio .NET 2003), but it's NOT managed code. I've created the web service, and configured my server with a certificate, and tested it with IE, and it works fine. When I add a reference to the web service into my C++ client application, it will work unsecured, but not secured (using SSL). Apparently, the ATL classes don't have support for SSL sockets. Is this true? If so, what's the best way to achieve secure access to my web service from a C++ application? Thank you! ...

Viewing Hotmail message on web vs. WLM
Let's say I'm viewing a message from Hotmail's website (as opposed to viewing it in Windows Live Mail), and the message contains a 1 meg attachment. If I click on that attachment in order to view it, has it been downloaded at that point? (i.e. would it count as a meg of transferred data?) -- Mark Depending on your connection speed and the type of file, the file will start downloading to your browser's temporary files. A pdf file will display before all of a large file is downloaded. If the file has downloaded and you want to keep it, File, Save as, change t...

Counting 12-28-07
I have a data element in a table named Results. This is defined as a number field. The Values go from 0 to 11. The problem is I need to count a certain value but sometimes that value has not been chosen and that, of course, returns nothing. I would like it to return the result value I am looking for and a '0'. Any ideas? Post your SQL. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Bunky" wrote: > I have a data element in a table named Results. This is defined as a number > field. The Values go from 0 to 11. > The problem is I need to count a certai...

Line spacing in text boxes for web pages
For some reason, the text formatting menu in the web page project area doesn't have an option for changing the line spacing from double-spaced. I want the text on my web pages to be single spaced. In all the other projects, you can use the text formatting menu to change the line spacing but I don't see that anywhere on my web page project. Surely, web pages don't *have* to be double- spaced? They *don't* have to be anything. Have you read the HELP file? How *would* we know when *you* don't tell us what version of Publisher you are using!!! Pity you *don't* hav...

What is the Best XML API for .NET 3.5?
I’m starting a new project which will dynamically generate (user will have to pick and choose data, then generate the XML dynamically) RDLC for Reporting. My approach was to use LINQ to XML for the API. My question is what is the best API to use? Performance is no concern, most critical factor is that the code be easy to maintain easy to dynamically generate the mark-up for the RDLC. Note: We are all ready using LINQ to XML in the main application. This is for the reprinting module of the application. -- Alexander L. Wykel AW Software Works Alexander Wykel wrote: > I’m start...

Importing data into Excel 2003 from a Web site
Can anyone tell me the steps for importing data from a website into Excel 2003? The data is made up of text and numbers. Thanks. Data - Import External Data - New Web Query... That should get you started. =) "MW" wrote: > Can anyone tell me the steps for importing data from a website into Excel > 2003? The data is made up of text and numbers. Thanks. You may like to place your cursor in the web site table you want>right click>import to excel -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Wood Grafing" <WoodGrafing@discussions.micros...

Writing to web-based database
I am trying to build VBA code that will write to a database locatedona web server. Database is MS Access now, but could use SQL Server orsomething else SQL based. How can I automate the process of opening,appending, and closing a database when the Office application is onthe local computer but the database is on a web server?...