WLK 1.5: IO Cancellation with Direct IO on network storage (Preview)

Hello,

I am trying to run unclassified tests for NDIS5 virtual miniport + IM
filter driver - we need WHQL signature for Win7.
There is new test "IO Cancellation with Direct IO on network storage
(Preview)" that keeps me from having submission report to be "likely
accepted".

When I skip it, Submission reports as "will fail" because test is
missing.
I didn't found anything about this test in DTM help, nor when I tried
to "google" anything.

When I select it, it requires additional setup - need to fill local/
remote message/support device + remote machine.
I have no idea how to set up this test.
Moreover, when selecting to test IM filter driver miniport edge, the
DTM studio generates System.NullReferenceException ...

There is no documentation about how to setup this test + it is still
marked as "Preview" ...
Do I really need to run this test - will the submission really fail ?
Or where can I find informations on how to setup the test ?

regards,

Martin Dominik
0
Martin

Can't help Martin, but I'm experiencing the same problem.

It doesn't make sense to run this test, as it seems to be for testing USB
mass storage devices, which I am not.

Cross-posted to microsoft.public.development.device.drivers.dtm......

"Martin Dominik" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run unclassified tests for NDIS5 virtual miniport + IM
> filter driver - we need WHQL signature for Win7.
> There is new test "IO Cancellation with Direct IO on network storage
> (Preview)" that keeps me from having submission report to be "likely
> accepted".
>
> When I skip it, Submission reports as "will fail" because test is
> missing.
> I didn't found anything about this test in DTM help, nor when I tried
> to "google" anything.
>
> When I select it, it requires additional setup - need to fill local/
> remote message/support device + remote machine.
> I have no idea how to set up this test.
> Moreover, when selecting to test IM filter driver miniport edge, the
> DTM studio generates System.NullReferenceException ...
>
> There is no documentation about how to setup this test + it is still
> marked as "Preview" ...
> Do I really need to run this test - will the submission really fail ?
> Or where can I find informations on how to setup the test ?
>
> regards,
>
> Martin Dominik
> .

Hello, Martin and spazekaat.

I also have the same problem.
"IO Cancellation with Direct IO on network storage [Preview]" job
cannot be added.
I don't know how to run this job, or how to avoid this job.

I'm still investigating this problem.

Regards,
Miki

On 3=E6=9C=8816=E6=97=A5, =E5=8D=88=E5=89=8D1:08, spazekaat <spazek...@disc=
ussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Can't help Martin, but I'm experiencing the same problem.
>
> It doesn't make sense to run this test, as it seems to be for testing USB
> mass storage devices, which I am not.
>
> Cross-posted to microsoft.public.development.device.drivers.dtm......
>
> "Martin Dominik" wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I am trying to run unclassified tests for NDIS5 virtual miniport + IM
> > filter driver - we need WHQL signature for Win7.
> > There is new test "IOCancellationwith DirectIOon network storage
> > (Preview)" that keeps me from having submission report to be "likely
> > accepted".
>
> > When I skip it, Submission reports as "will fail" because test is
> > missing.
> > I didn't found anything about this test in DTM help, nor when I tried
> > to "google" anything.
>
> > When I select it, it requires additional setup - need to fill local/
> > remote message/support device + remote machine.
> > I have no idea how to set up this test.
> > Moreover, when selecting to test IM filter driver miniport edge, the
> > DTM studio generates System.NullReferenceException ...
>
> > There is no documentation about how to setup this test + it is still
> > marked as "Preview" ...
> > Do I really need to run this test - will the submission really fail ?
> > Or where can I find informations on how to setup the test ?
>
> > regards,
>
> > Martin Dominik
> > .

0
Miki
3/16/2010 2:22:06 AM
Hello.

I was able to pass "IO Cancellation with Direct IO on network storage
[Preview]" job.

As follows was done.

1.I prepared DTM Client A(Local Machine) and DTM Client B(Remote
Machine).
2.I installed my virtual NIC driver in both A and B.
3.A and B was moved to the same Machine Pool.
4.I was usually create submission.
5.I choose "IO Cancellation with Direct IO on network storage
[Preview]", and clicked "Add Selected".
6.Because dialog opened, I set the parameter that local/remote message/
support device + remote machine.
7.I was able to execute the job.

regards,
Miki

On 3=E6=9C=8816=E6=97=A5, =E5=8D=88=E5=89=8D11:22, Miki <myamase...@gmail.c=
om> wrote:
> Hello, Martin and spazekaat.
>
> I also have the same problem.
> "IO Cancellation with Direct IO on network storage [Preview]" job
> cannot be added.
> I don't know how to run this job, or how to avoid this job.
>
> I'm still investigating this problem.
>
> Regards,
> Miki
>
> On 3=E6=9C=8816=E6=97=A5, =E5=8D=88=E5=89=8D1:08, spazekaat <spazek...@di=
scussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Can't help Martin, but I'm experiencing the same problem.
>
> > It doesn't make sense to run this test, as it seems to be for testing U=
SB
> > mass storage devices, which I am not.
>
> > Cross-posted to microsoft.public.development.device.drivers.dtm......
>
> > "Martin Dominik" wrote:
> > > Hello,
>
> > > I am trying to run unclassified tests for NDIS5 virtual miniport + IM
> > > filter driver - we need WHQL signature for Win7.
> > > There is new test "IOCancellationwith DirectIOon network storage
> > > (Preview)" that keeps me from having submission report to be "likely
> > > accepted".
>
> > > When I skip it, Submission reports as "will fail" because test is
> > > missing.
> > > I didn't found anything about this test in DTM help, nor when I tried
> > > to "google" anything.
>
> > > When I select it, it requires additional setup - need to fill local/
> > > remote message/support device + remote machine.
> > > I have no idea how to set up this test.
> > > Moreover, when selecting to test IM filter driver miniport edge, the
> > > DTM studio generates System.NullReferenceException ...
>
> > > There is no documentation about how to setup this test + it is still
> > > marked as "Preview" ...
> > > Do I really need to run this test - will the submission really fail ?
> > > Or where can I find informations on how to setup the test ?
>
> > > regards,
>
> > > Martin Dominik
> > > .

0
Miki
3/16/2010 8:20:23 AM
Hi Miki, I finally found out how to do that in the on-line help.  The
procedure which you described is there.

However, I don't think that procedure should apply to me.  I'm just testing
a non-NDIS networking-over-USB driver we have.  My client machine just
connects to a USB gadget - the sole purpose for this is that the gadget
supplies the proper VID/PID codes to satisfy the driver.  Nothing more.  No
"storage" involved, and I'm not testing a NIC (as per the help document).

This test NEVER showed up in Win 7 testing with WLK 1.4, and we have
received WHQL certification for that.

So, WHAT'S CHANGED in WLK 1.5, is this an erratum item, or can this
erroneous "test not run" be filtered out in the submission summary?

It looks like a bug to me.

C'mon MSFT, PLEASE chime in any time....this is dragging out and we all
could use your input.

GLK

"Miki" wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I was able to pass "IO Cancellation with Direct IO on network storage
> [Preview]" job.
>
> As follows was done.
>
> 1.I prepared DTM Client A(Local Machine) and DTM Client B(Remote
> Machine).
> 2.I installed my virtual NIC driver in both A and B.
> 3.A and B was moved to the same Machine Pool.
> 4.I was usually create submission.
> 5.I choose "IO Cancellation with Direct IO on network storage
> [Preview]", and clicked "Add Selected".
> 6.Because dialog opened, I set the parameter that local/remote message/
> support device + remote machine.
> 7.I was able to execute the job.
>
> regards,
> Miki

Access '03 Text Wrap print preview (and printer) issue
Whenever I try to print a form, the text box (be it memo or text) doesn't quite wrap completely in the print preview window, despite wrapping perfectly in the design and form views. I have tried pushing in the margins as a temporary solution, but that hasn't solved the problem at all. I still get half words lopped off by the printer (and print preview) before the text is wrapped onto the next line. Create a report for printing and leave your forms for data entry, navigation, etc. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "karateka.returns@gmail.com" wrote: > Whenever I...

Editing in Print Preview in Word 2010
Is it possible to edit a file after clicking File, Print, in Word 2010 while you are still in Print Preview or is the only way to edit to click one of the tabs to return to the editing screen? Arlene I haven't used Word 2010 myself (yet), but I'm told that Print Preview is no longer editable in that version. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Arlene" <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E0E367E-D3C3-4279-A128-BA2927812FCF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to edit a file after clicking File, Print, in Word 2010 > wh...

Exchange 5.5 #3
I am having trouble with outlook 2000 running with 5.5. the problem. eg. i have 10 emails in my inbox that I want to delete. I can highlight them all and press delete but in doing so outlook freeze's and crash's. I have to delete them 1 at a time. can anyone help with this please. I'm guessing its and exchange issue. but ive never come accross this before......any help is appreciated.regards Jeff "Jeff" <Jeff@canopus-uk.com> wrote: >I am having trouble with outlook 2000 running with 5.5. >the problem. eg. i have 10 emails in my inbox that I want >...

Cannot move mailboxes between two Exchange 5.5 servers.
The option to move mailboxes between servers is greyed out. The new server is specifically to swing into 2003 so I can remove the old server which is also a domain controller. Any Ideas? Thanks Ashley Heaton On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:19:01 -0800, "Nex-Tech Support Staff" <NexTechSupportStaff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The option to move mailboxes between servers is greyed out. The new server is >specifically to swing into 2003 so I can remove the old server which is also >a domain controller. > >Any Ideas? > >Thanks >Ashley Heaton Is the swi...

Remove GUID from MS CRM 1.2
Is there a way to remove the GUID from MS CRM 1.2 e-mails? Please explain how... Thanks, Doros No answer yet... For 1.0 version there is a special patch from Microsoft that removes the identification from e-mail's subject. Also there is way to do it manually in registry. Any ideas for 1.2? Can you describe the manual way? (even for 1.0 version) Please help, cause it's quite urgent! Thanks, Doros "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message news:etYhZv0wDHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the GUID from MS CRM ...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 on WinNT to a Win2K server running Exch 2K
I am new to the Exchange game. I have a WinNT machine running Exchange 5.5 and I need to migrate the users and mail to a machine running Server 2K and Exchange server 2000. Exmerge doesn't work on the NT machine due to OS restrictions. How can I Copy/Past or Migrate all of the users and mail from one to the other. They are running on different domains and are able to see each other through Network Neighborhood. Is there a way of backing up and restoring ? Please any help is very much appreciated as I am new to the company and this migration is a very big project. ...

CFolderDialog + SetControlText on Cancel Button
Hi. I have a question. I use the CFolderDialog class to select a specific folder. There is a SetOKText-method in the CFolderDilaog class. But how can I set the text of the CANCEL button? I didn't find a SetCANCELTExt-method. Can you help me plz. thx chris Unfortunately I don't think there is one. The BFFM_SETOKTEXT is something that is built into the shell dialog displayed with SHBrowseForFolder (CFolderDialog is a wrapper class for that shell function). You might be able to get the window for the control after the dialog is displayed. You could look at the window with Spy++...

Registry #5
Hi, Does anyone has sample application of write/read info in registry from a CDialog ? Thanks. Regards. >Does anyone has sample application of write/read info in registry from >a CDialog ? I'm not sure what magic you're looking for - just look for examples on MSDN or elsewhere that use CRegKey or the underlying Reg* APIs. Dave <aloha826@gmail.com> wrote in message news:634e918b-5819-4f23-b1ea-0d44c8a37602@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone has sample application of write/read info in registry from > a CDialog ? > > Thanks. > ...

How do I use excel to add up the best 5 numbers in a sequence?
I am running a spreadsheet where I need to add up the 12 best numbers from a sequence of 19, running across. Does anyone have any idea how I can do this? Thanks Jon What is 'best' Assuming it is largest, then =SUM(LARGE($A$1:$A$30,{1,2,3,4,5})) or if smaller is better =SUM(SMALL($A$1:$A$30,{1,2,3,4,5})) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ----------...

bcm for windows Mobile 5...
I recently bought a SPV M3100 WM5 phone and installed BCM for wm5 on it. However, it all synchronised up ok, and then I set the options to sort them by business rather than name. It hanged the whole system and now, even though I've un-installed it, it won't even run at all now. Any ideas? ...

NDR 5.1.1 caused by deleted delegate for unknown mailbox
I've seen a few posts similar to this, but none of the solutions have helped. A delegate for a users had their mailbox deleted when they left us. We now get NDR's when the existing user gets a meeting request saying that the message couldn't be delivered to the deleted account (who used to be a delegate of theirs). BUT...... we don't know which mailbox is the problem because it always happens from the result of sending emails to an "All Staff" DL. So the solutions posted so far, including the following Microsoft articles don't help because we don't k...

A new resource in the company since 1 month ago
Hi all again, The question is the follow, have 4 new resources, but they is 1 month ago. Well, i need to look the work available 2 months ago, this resources is not in the company, but for project have work available 2 month ago. How I can to tell to project the date of added to the company ? Ths resources should not show when this resource is not added. for example, Jhon is since January Bob is since January I select resource usage view, group by "group" and i can see work available on November and december. (Wrong no ?) I hope that my english can expla...

Exchange 5.5 mailbox issues #2
Any ideas for the below pls. We are currently using a exchange 5.5 server and some of our clients are not getting all emails sent. Its been when 3 or 4 external users send them email but they dont get it and the external senders get an NDR. The NDR sent to the senders refers to the exceeding storage allocation, "Remote host said:552 requested mail action aborted:exceeded storage allocation" The users is not over the storage limit, as we individually set large limits for them. It only happens occassionally it could be more than the 4 senders, as its difficult to monitor. An...

Registry setting for Preview Pane
Is there a key in the registry that I can set to make sure the Preview Pane is always on? No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4f6f01c4c5ad$f7d063e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a key in the registry that I can set to make > sure the Preview Pane is always on? ...

CRM 1.2 Lead Topic
I've been recently playing with CRM 1.2 on a W2k3 test server to get an insight before implementing it - upon demonstrating it to a few people, when creating a new lead I was asked what the Topic field was, as it was required before closing the form. What exactly is the intended use of the Topic field? I then tried editting the form and removing the property for it to be required - but it hasn't had an effect. I've got the update roll ups on, but at the client machine it was still required to be entered, but when viewing the form again, it is not required - how long/why has...

Filtering Tasks in Outlook 2002 (10.2627.3501) SP-1
I've attempted to a apply a simple filter to my task list without any success. I have tasks on my list that are due yesterday, today and tomorrow. View > Go To > Tasks View > Current View > Customize Current View... In the View Summary dialogue box I click on Automatic Formatting... In the Automatic Formatting dialogue box I click on Add. Under Properties of Selected Rule: - I type "Today's tasks" in the Name field. - I click the Font... button and select bold, green and click OK. - I click the Condition... button and select "due" and "tod...

4.25" X 5.5" Booklet in Publisher
I am trying to create a booklet in Publisher that each page will be 4.25" X 5.5", so I can print 4 'pages' on one sheet of regular paper. I would like the program to shift everything if I need to insert a page, and keep them in order. Page setup, booklet, type 5.5 height, 4.25 width, portrait. Publisher should say, prints two to the pages per sheet. You have the option to insert a page anywhere you want. Publisher will prompt you to insert 4 pages, ignore it and insert one. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.mic...

Crystal reports #5
Bought Crystal reports 8.5 recently. Made defintion files to load the selection field of the CR report when used in Microsoft Headquarters. When I select a field after starting up a CR 8.5 report in Headquarters and try to generate the report I get an error message with no description, so can't track down what the problem is. The standard CR 7.0 reports that come with Store Operation Manager work in Headquarters. I tried to save a new developed CR 8.5 report into an 7.0 version but get an error message that the database is working in a CR 8.0 version and is not able to save it. Tri...

some help or direction on using excel
cutting to the chase. what i'm trying to do is i have a report that i import from one program to an excel spreadsheet, based on the information in that report i need to be able to send email notifications to people on the report to make sure they are going to be able to meet their deadline. the report gives me a code for the persons name and i have a vlookup function i built to turn that code into the persons name. I dont need to send the report to everyone. just those people who are close to missing their deadline. my fields are something like "ID", "loc...

Desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook with RollUp 1
Hi If in install ‘Microsoft CRM desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook’ ‘Version 3.0.5300.1361’ on my PC and then I go to install Update RollUp 1, should I be receiving any errors, or will Update Rollup 1 only install on a PC that has an earlier version of Microsoft CRM desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook’. The reason I ask is that Update RollUp 1 installs fine on a PC that has ‘Microsoft CRM desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook’ ‘Version 3.0.5300.0’ Thanks Doc As far as I know the v3c client already contains the fixes that are included in update rollup 1, so...

Spb Finance 2.1 for Pocket PC #2
Spb Finance was released for pocket pc. Some of the fixes for this program is that it is compatible with money 2006. The good thing is that it works and sync's well with money 2006. I own a axim x50v and I have had no trouble syncing with money 2006 so far with the newley released software today. Hope this helps for Pocket PC users. Kaine260 ( Helping out the money 2006 and below community ) Here is the link to download it. http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/finance/?en ...

opening more than 1 file
I used to be able to open more than 1 excel worksheet at a time, all of a sudden it only shows 1. If I try to open another I no longer see the other open one on the task- bar. Some "computer genius" from work moved things around, this is the only thing I can't fix. Please help.... Tools / Options / View / Check 'Windows in Taskbar' option -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A lit...

Service pack 1
Any one know whats new in 2.0 service pk1 ? According to the readme file the following is included in SP1: The time clock supports calculating total hours worked over multiple days. The Find function is enabled when receiving in POS. You can post batches to QuickBooks using the same day for the start date and end date. Item receipts are automatically updated when a purchase order is updated with a new supplier. The label preview will now preview a label if only one item is selected. Support for Microsoft Office Accounting 2007 Service Pack 1. Import Wizard performance enhancements. The ...

Exchange Standard to Enterprise 5.5 part 2
My final question on this topic (I hope) I installed Enterprise over my Standard, do I need to reapply service pack 4?? mike Yes. Although you are installing a different edition of Exchange, the binaries of those files are lower than Service Pack 4, so you will have to re-install SP4. -- Iona Wilson Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. **Disclaimer** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mike" <nosmap> wrote in message news:7KadncyPipIbsafdRVn-hw@sed...

Exchange 5.5
Hi all, We have a legacy Ex5.5/SP4 on an NT/SP6 box that we are going to migrate to Exchange 2003 (server-name MAIL). We have already upgraded (in a testing network environment) an old DC through which we created a new AD Domain. When we join MAIL to the AD Domain for testing purpose, we can no longer login via either OWA or Office Outlook. However, POP3 and SMTP works (through Outlook Express for example). Any clues? I guess some GPO is causing this, but what should we look after? Thanks in advance. Manos ...