Wi-Fi Driver development for WINCE OS

Hi all,

I need to develop Wi-Fi driver for an ARM processor running in WINCE 6.0 R3
OS.

Please guide me suitable links\tutorials\examples which will get me started
on this very quickly.

Also I would like to know what hardware related data I need to write a Wi-Fi
driver.

I have done application programming on WINCE and this a totally new to me.
Request your suggestions\comments on this

TIA,
RAGHU

"RAGHU" <RAGHU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I need to develop Wi-Fi driver for an ARM processor running in WINCE 6.0
> R3
> OS.
>
> Please guide me suitable links\tutorials\examples which will get me
> started
> on this very quickly.
>
> Also I would like to know what hardware related data I need to write a
> Wi-Fi
> driver.
>
> I have done application programming on WINCE and this a totally new to me.
> Request your suggestions\comments on this

Cannot you get a driver prototype from the wi-fi chip vendor?

This NG unfortunately does not deal with WinCE drivers.
Try microsoft.public.windowsce.platbuilder - it seems the only WinCE NG left
alive.

Good luck.
- pa

0
Pavel
6/23/2010 10:30:28 PM
Hi,

We have done device driver development for wi-fi on ARM processor for SBC( single board computer). You can write to us da at radixweb dot com  for more info http://rndinfo.com/embedded-device-on-arm-processor.html
0
Dharmesh

SQLCompact on WinCe 6.00 R3
Hi, We are new to WinCe 6.00 R3. We are trying to create database on WinCe 6.00 R3 but dont know how to proceed for that. I added EDB database engine , SQL Compact , SQL Compact Managed Provider and also SQL Server Managed Provider. Is this sufficeint or do we also need to install some CAB files externaaly??? Do we also need to install SQL Compact on Host Machine??? Choosing everything database related is actually more likely to break things than to help. What sort of database do you need should be your first question. Do I need to store a lot of data? Do I need to be able ...

developing a tracking System for office activities
We have a timeline chart which we follow in our office for keeping track of our office's chief tasks. For example, it may have in January, clear past year's bills, in February get ready for taxes and so on. The whole office staff has the same chart, but different people are responsible for the tasks(someone for taxes, someone else for paying last year's bills and so on). We need a mechanism so that we can track what activities have completed, when and by whom, what are the remaining tasks for that month and year? Can that be done with the Calendar in Outlook 2007 where we have ...

Need help
Hello. I had a similar thread that didn't really get the results I wanted, so I guess I'll start a new one over and clarify a few things this time. I have a store online built with osCommerce. I am using a contribution called Easy Populate to insert/update items in my store. Easy Populate generates a tab-delimited text file of all the items in my store with the proper table structure that is needed for it to import to my site. My distributor supplies me with a .csv file with all of their products and their wholesale prices which I can download from their site on a daily basis. This...

New Developer specific Dynamics GP newsgroup
------=_NextPart_0001_365A72F0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit All, Just a heads up that a new Dynamics GP Public newsgroup has been created for developer questions and issues. This was done in an effort to allow developers a location to discuss their issues separate from standard application and installation issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP. If you are a developer, I encourage you to use the new Public newsgroup for those discussions. The new newsgroup is as follows: microsoft.public.dynamics.gp.developer Thanks again for everyone's support of the Dyn...

I have Office XP Developer...
....and want to install Publisher - but cannot find it anywhere on the CD disks supplied. Is Publisher available on the Developer version & if so can anyone point me in the right direction to install it - this is driving me bonkers! Cheers Mark Sorry - first time on here so have now found the answer which appears to be "unless you were dead lucky and got a super whizz special ltd edition version" then it's not included. I'm frankly appauled that, despite buying the most expensive version of Office XP such a major programme should be excluded from the Developer ...

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114 -Ora
Hi, I have a problem of running the ASP.NET web pages on the server after making the file deployment. The server was intalled OraClient11g_home1. I created DSN in ODBC with this driver. The test connection was successful. When I ran the page that has the connection with Oracle, I've got this error message : "ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114 (Oracle in OraClient11g_home1)" Could you help me to solve this problem? Thanks in advance. =?Utf-8?B?YmllbndlbGw=?= <bienwell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:44...

Not sure my Version of OS X will support my New Software
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Processor: Power PC Have recently Bought the Office mac 2008- Home and Student edition, but as I went to install it, I noted that they are requesting Mac OS X version 10.4.9 or later.... My Computer is only a Version 10.3.9, so I am now concerned I will not be able to run the package effectively, Please Advise, With Thanks, Helen On 3/10/08 2:35 AM, in article ee92f48.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Helen_Peirce@officeformac.com" <Helen_Peirce@officeformac.com> wrote: > > Have recently Bought the Office mac 2008- Ho...

Calling IOCTL of driverB from within an IOCTL of driver A with same datapointer
With WinCE6.0 I have a problem calling an IOCTL from within an other IOCTL using the same datapointer. In some cases a data abort exeption is rised and the driver is dead. Description: In an application there is a call to an IOCTL to driverA. Parameter is a pointer to a struct. Inside DriverA_IOControl handler there is another call to a second IOCTL of driverB. The data pointer pBufIn of driverA is transfered to DriverB_IOControl. In DriverB_IOControl there is some save buffering by calling CeOpenCallerBuffer(...). Using this data pointer sometimes leeds to the data abort exeption and...

CRM 3 Database Development question
Hi guys, Thanks in advance for any help. I guess, the question relates very much in how I can, in CRM3 to map the campaign response entity to the lead entity, so that I can transport custom fields from one to the other. Problem is, I am not sure how should I do this! I was thinking of creating a custom field on the lead entity and add a Nto1 relationship from the primary key in the campaign response entity to the custom field in the lead entity. But I am not very sure it will work. Anyone has attempted something of the sort? Thanks again, ...

Outlook Web Access Development
We are in the process of considering the appropriate platform for the first release of the next generation of our software we develop in house. Although not a classic example of a typical web application, we have several business reasons that may take us to a web deployment. I am researching the possibilities of what our interface would look like on the web. Outlook Web Access does a very good job of blurring the line between web application and desktop app. Looking at the source code it appears OWA 2003 is mostly accomplishing its look and feel with traditional HTML and a whole lot of JavaS...

Developing in Access 2003 Deploy in Access 2000
Is there a problem with developing my application using Access 2003 (with Access 2000 file format set) and then moving it to my Access 2000 development machine, compiling it and then saving it as an mde file and then deploying it to my customers? The reason I want to do this is to minimize the need to distribute the Access XP or 2003 runtime - most of my customers have at least Access 2000. Plus, I want to minimize dll updates on the client computers. Thanks for the help. You have to be careful not to use any new features that were not supported in the earlier version, but other than...

development several CRM implementations
Hi all, I'm presently working on several CRM projects for various clients and I'm having trouble with that as I only have 1 physical server to work on. Is there any resolution to keep my customizations for those projects intact from each other? Lok Try using Virtual PC or Virtual Server. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:31:50 +0800, "Keng Yuen Lok" <nospam_@_nospam_singnet.com.sg> wrote: Hi all, I'm presently working on several CRM projects for various...

ZwCreateFile in 64Bit Os
Hi, I am using an driver to access a file in Win32 systems it is working fine. When I rebuild the driver for 64Bit environment my driver fiails in "ZwCreateFile". Please help me to find an alternate API to use in 64 Bit OS. Thanks in advance for the help. Hi, well, you say it fails, but what is the failcode/reason you get when it fails, there must be some error and you should tell us what exactly fails,... Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Grüsse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue Kerem Gümrükcü Latest Project: http://www...

Had to reinstall OS any chance of recovering my emails?
My computer decided to stop booting and I was forced to reinstall the OS. Still using XP (same version as before) and all the data should be intact as far as I know. What would be the process for recovering my email if this is possible. look here, where username is the one for your previous logon. C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Note that it's a hidden folder, so you need to enable show hidden files and folders in windows explorers tools, options view. also - you may need to log on as an administrator and give your user permissio...

Allow the selling of discontinued items for the General Ledger wi
this is a test ...do not respond ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=15c16c1b-4794-4e6b-8ad8-438409ea2497&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

CRM and Upgrading of OS
We currently are running CRM on a Win2K server in a Windows 2000 AD domain. We are planning to upgrade our Domain Controllers to to Windows 2003 AD. Are there any issues that we should be concerned about as far as our CRM system is concerned...? Bill, If you upgrade your domain controllers, you will be ok with CRM. I believe that the CRM Implementation pdf outlines how to do this. You are going to need to migrate to crm 1.2 as part of this, and this is outlined in the manual as well. Good luck! Steve C. "Bill" <breeves@inergex.com> wrote in message news:22e701c4701...

Unable to print from MS publisher 2003 to HP laptop w/ Vista OS
I have an HP Pavilion Lap top, AMD Turion 64 with Vista OS. When I try to print from MS Publisher, I get a message that no printer is installed. However I have had HP 6800 and now have an Epson 600 installed on the wireless network. Other printing programs recognize those printers and print fine. MS Publisher does not. Any suggestions? Have you checked for updated drivers? Publisher is *very* picky about printer drivers. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Ed LeJeune" <Ed LeJeune@discussions....

Vista Unsigned Driver Issue
I have a File System Filter driver that we have designed and built. We went through the signing process and have received the signed .cat files from Winqual. I have a custom installer application (32-bit) for our product. When I try and install the driver with this installer application, it goes through the entire process of installing it and completes. Looking at the setupapi.app log file there was no error in there. However, after a number of moments the "Program Compatibility Assistant" message box appears saying that "Windows requires a digitally signed driv...

Internet Explorer 6 Caching (IE sample browser caching) in WINCE 6
When I try to Browse the web application with Images, I find it that when I refresh the web page. the browser itself try to download the images again, but when I check the Internet temporary files the relevant images already downloaded in to that folder. The Web application is Written by using VBScript. How can I improve the caching of images in IE sample browser. Have you tried to play with the cache registry settings for the browser (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa908143.aspx) ? -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) l.calligaris.nospam@eurotech.it.nospam www...

Any wifi / bluetooth keyboard / mouse receiver driver source code?
I need to write a receiver driver installed on windows to listen wifi or bluetooth mouse and keyboard. For the communication between PC and devices, I searched http://www.btframework.com/wcl.htm (I am not sure whether there are other alternatives). However, I cannot search the receiver driver. It is supposed that the machine has built in bluetooth and 802.11b Where can I buy or download the source and how to integrate with WCL? I found http://www.synaptics.com/developers/manuals Does it has other manufacturer like synaptics has developer manual? webphone <w...

Wi-Fi Driver development for WINCE OS
Hi all, I need to develop Wi-Fi driver for an ARM processor running in WINCE 6.0 R3 OS. Please guide me suitable links\tutorials\examples which will get me started on this very quickly. Also I would like to know what hardware related data I need to write a Wi-Fi driver. I have done application programming on WINCE and this a totally new to me. Request your suggestions\comments on this TIA, RAGHU "RAGHU" <RAGHU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F33F545-4F44-4922-89B0-E4D6BAFA60B2@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I nee...

porting Wince 6.0 in PDA with 512MB RAM and 512MB flash
Dear members, is it possible to port Windows CE 6.0 in PDA(PXA320 based) with 512MB RAM and 512MB NAND flash. what is the maximum RAM and flash sizes Windows CE 6.0 support? thanks Hi, Windows CE 6.0 support 512MB of memory to map your hardware. However for NAND flash, PXA320 has a seperate NAND Flash controller and it will not come under the direct memory mapping.So you can use 512 MB of NAND Flash. if you are going to use more peripherals, you have to effectively map your memory to the hardware to make use of RAM as much as possible. Here is the sample i used. h...

Mostly OT: put old HD into new 'puter; OS, personal conflicts?
I just got a new computer. I'd like to see about putting the hard drive from my old machine into the new one so I don't have to reinstall all the programs and transfer all the files. I'm concerned about conflicts at start-up between the operating systems on the two drives. Also, can I get Excel to open with the Personal.xls on the old drive, so I don't have to move all my macros over? Can someone tell me how to do this in simple terms? If it *is* simple, that is. Ed If I were you, I'd spend some time with the old manual (maybe at the manufacturer's site if ...

Excel ODBC Driver, Get Column Names?
Hello, Can someone please tell me how to retreive the column NAMES from an Excel spreadsheet. I can get the data, but I need to know the column names? Thank you! Robert, Here is an example that reads a sheet and displays the column names Sub ExcelSheet() Dim oConn As Object Dim oRS As Object Dim sFilename As String Dim sConnect As String Dim sSQL As String Dim i As Long sFilename = "c:\Mytest\Volker1.xls" sConnect = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=" & sFilename & ";" & _ ...

Publisher Pic Problems & VGA Driver
Hi, I'm very frustrated. I too cannot see any embedded photos when I open up my Publisher doc for editing. Tried everything in Help & now have read everything in the Online Support. (Btw, I'm not absolutely positive but I think this "invisible pics" problem started happening after I downloaded Flash 8, as a last resort I will uninstall it). Anyway, I have an Asus W5A laptop with Windows XP Pro. It has Intel Centrino Mobile which includes an Intel (R) 915/GM Chipset driver. So following suggestions on this site, I went to the Intel to find driver downloads to upd...