WDK 7.1 Mirror driver, INF file fail on windows 7 64bits

Hi,

I'm trying to install the mirror driver sample given in the WDK 7.0 (rev
7600.16385.1) but I'm unable to execute the .inf file.

I tried the following ways :

  - Right click -> install
    Error : "The INF file you selected doest not support this method of
installation"

  - Using the device manager -> Add legacy hardware -> on Display adapter ->
select the path to mirror.inf
    Error : "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software
driver for you device".

  - Using DevCon.exe by doing "devcon install mirror.inf
Microsoft_Mirror_Sample1"
    Error : "devcon failed".

  - I tried all of this after doing "Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON"
but it does not change anything.

  - I tried to install it on Windows XP 32bits it work perfectly.

I remind that I'm running on a 64bits version of windows 7.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Some new informations.

I've found that the problem comes because the .inf file given in the WDK is
for x86 system-based, so I tried to "convert" it to x64 by decorating
[Manufacturer].

Now by the device manager I can see the driver and try to install it by it
still fail.

The error return is "The required line was not found in the INF"

Any help ?

Thanks.

"Stnaire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install the mirror driver sample given in the WDK 7.0 (rev
> 7600.16385.1) but I'm unable to execute the .inf file.
>
> I tried the following ways :
>
>   - Right click -> install
>     Error : "The INF file you selected doest not support this method of
> installation"
>
>   - Using the device manager -> Add legacy hardware -> on Display adapter ->
> select the path to mirror.inf
>     Error : "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software
> driver for you device".
>
>   - Using DevCon.exe by doing "devcon install mirror.inf
> Microsoft_Mirror_Sample1"
>     Error : "devcon failed".
>
>   - I tried all of this after doing "Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON"
> but it does not change anything.
>
>   - I tried to install it on Windows XP 32bits it work perfectly.
>
> I remind that I'm running on a 64bits version of windows 7.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards.
Hi,

I guess your .inf file is wrong.
Verify the if you have added in section [manufacturer] the "AMD64"
sub-section.

For example in the inf File:

[manufacturer]
%MOULEFRITE%=Moulefrite,NTamd64

; x86
[Moulefrite]
%USB\VID_0000%PID_9999.deviceDesc%=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

; x64
[Moulefrite.NTamd64]
%USB\VID_0000%PID_9999.deviceDesc%=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

For me I have sucessfully installed my driver like this.
If you use Seven or Vista 64, don't forget to disable signature verification.
"bcdedit /xxxxxxx" command didn't work for me.
For disable, reboot your PC, press F8 and select "disable signature
verification"

I hope to help you

ps : sorry for my bad level in english

Regards,

"Stnaire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install the mirror driver sample given in the WDK 7.0 (rev
> 7600.16385.1) but I'm unable to execute the .inf file.
>
> I tried the following ways :
>
>   - Right click -> install
>     Error : "The INF file you selected doest not support this method of
> installation"
>
>   - Using the device manager -> Add legacy hardware -> on Display adapter ->
> select the path to mirror.inf
>     Error : "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software
> driver for you device".
>
>   - Using DevCon.exe by doing "devcon install mirror.inf
> Microsoft_Mirror_Sample1"
>     Error : "devcon failed".
>
>   - I tried all of this after doing "Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON"
> but it does not change anything.
>
>   - I tried to install it on Windows XP 32bits it work perfectly.
>
> I remind that I'm running on a 64bits version of windows 7.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards.
Thanks for your reply, I finally figured out this problem.
I did all that you say but the copy of .sys and .dll was still failing.

So I copied them manually and now it works.

Thanks for your help.

"Moulefrite" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I guess your .inf file is wrong.
> Verify the if you have added in section [manufacturer] the "AMD64"
> sub-section.
>
> For example in the inf File:
>
> [manufacturer]
> %MOULEFRITE%=Moulefrite,NTamd64
>
> ; x86
> [Moulefrite]
> %USB\VID_0000%PID_9999.deviceDesc%=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>
> ; x64
> [Moulefrite.NTamd64]
> %USB\VID_0000%PID_9999.deviceDesc%=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

> For me I have sucessfully installed my driver like this.
> If you use Seven or Vista 64, don't forget to disable signature verification.
> "bcdedit /xxxxxxx" command didn't work for me.
> For disable, reboot your PC, press F8 and select "disable signature
> verification"
>
> I hope to help you
>
> ps : sorry for my bad level in english
>
> Regards,
>

> "Stnaire" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to install the mirror driver sample given in the WDK 7.0 (rev
> > 7600.16385.1) but I'm unable to execute the .inf file.
> >
> > I tried the following ways :
> >
> >   - Right click -> install
> >     Error : "The INF file you selected doest not support this method of
> > installation"
> >
> >   - Using the device manager -> Add legacy hardware -> on Display adapter ->
> > select the path to mirror.inf
> >     Error : "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software
> > driver for you device".
> >
> >   - Using DevCon.exe by doing "devcon install mirror.inf
> > Microsoft_Mirror_Sample1"
> >     Error : "devcon failed".
> >
> >   - I tried all of this after doing "Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON"
> > but it does not change anything.
> >
> >   - I tried to install it on Windows XP 32bits it work perfectly.
> >
> > I remind that I'm running on a 64bits version of windows 7.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Regards.
If you want use the right click of mouse and use the install item, you must
have in the .inf file a [DefaultInstall] section.

Perhaps, if you try to install a driver on a operative system of a version
not the same, only some part or none are used, and the install process does
not succeed.
For example, if you have adapted the .inf file decorating only the
manufacturer section, you could have left out other sections as those that
copy the files.. and the installation will be not complete.

I hope to be useful.

Rob

> Thanks for your help.
>
> "Moulefrite" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I guess your .inf file is wrong.
>> Verify the if you have added in section [manufacturer] the "AMD64"
>> sub-section.
>>
>> For example in the inf File:
>>
>> [manufacturer]
>> %MOULEFRITE%=Moulefrite,NTamd64
>>
>> ; x86
>> [Moulefrite]
>> %USB\VID_0000%PID_9999.deviceDesc%=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>
>> ; x64
>> [Moulefrite.NTamd64]
>> %USB\VID_0000%PID_9999.deviceDesc%=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

>> For me I have sucessfully installed my driver like this.
>> If you use Seven or Vista 64, don't forget to disable signature
>> verification.
>> "bcdedit /xxxxxxx" command didn't work for me.
>> For disable, reboot your PC, press F8 and select "disable signature
>> verification"
>>
>> I hope to help you
>>
>> ps : sorry for my bad level in english
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> "Stnaire" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to install the mirror driver sample given in the WDK 7.0
>> > (rev
>> > 7600.16385.1) but I'm unable to execute the .inf file.
>> >
>> > I tried the following ways :
>> >
>> >   - Right click -> install
>> >     Error : "The INF file you selected doest not support this method of
>> > installation"
>> >
>> >   - Using the device manager -> Add legacy hardware -> on Display
>> > adapter ->
>> > select the path to mirror.inf
>> >     Error : "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible
>> > software
>> > driver for you device".
>> >
>> >   - Using DevCon.exe by doing "devcon install mirror.inf
>> > Microsoft_Mirror_Sample1"
>> >     Error : "devcon failed".
>> >
>> >   - I tried all of this after doing "Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks
>> > ON"
>> > but it does not change anything.
>> >
>> >   - I tried to install it on Windows XP 32bits it work perfectly.
>> >
>> > I remind that I'm running on a 64bits version of windows 7.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help.
>> >
>> > Regards.

0
Roberto

Econnect 7.5 DocDate format?
I'm trying to import invoices as AR transactions using the RMTransactionType class. The DOCDATE is a 16 character long string according the the econnect help. I'm setting it to the format of 07/19/2006. i.e. gpTrans.DOCDATE = DateTime.Now.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy"); The transaction imports fine and I can do an inquiry on the imported transactions fine. However, when I try to post the batch that the invoice was a part of, it gives a posting error that "The date is missing or invalid". When I manually create a transaction it posts fine. When I compare my m...

xls spool file doesn't automatically link to new xls file
I created a .xls spool file, as an output from a SQL script. This .xls spool file is the source file for a report in xls. I would like to automatically update the xls report - when opening - with the new data from the xls spool file. However, this can only be done if I also open the source file. And that's exactly what I don't want. I only want to see the report xls file. Does anyone know how tho do this? -- zimon72 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ zimon72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30592 Vi...

Password for Hotfix 1.3.1011
I am furious right now. I got the hotfix via an Dynamics Support incident, and decided this weekend was a good time to do my install, only to find out that the password is no good (expired?). So I got in today at 6am for nothing, and don't know what to do or who to call. I updated my incident, but I doubt they will respond quickly. Anyone have a current password for this hotfix or a number I can call MS to get it? Check the email they sent you with the download link, they usually list current pass and future password. They also tell you that the passwords expire ;) "Jason"...

Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1
I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net 1.1. I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0. This is where I put my custom web pages. Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE account. Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows authentication. My question is why I am prompted to enter my credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I access the page? Have I not already been authenticated? Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put...

word file attachment
attached word document shows as word before sending but is automatically zipped as sent. how do i disable automatic zipping of outgoing file attachments? Do you have Quick View Plus on this machine? If yes, turn off the automatic zipping from within that program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, bentley asked: | attached word document shows as word ...

error report windows mail
I get this report below when I close windows live mail email account Windows live mail has encountered a problem and needs to close How can I stop this message from appearing when I close mail account Not a big problem just annoying, any ideas to sort this out? ERROR CODE Oxc0000005 File type 00000001 fdebug:o offset.0002175F This might be some help -- Message posted via WindowsKB.com http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/windows-vista-mail/201008/1 Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail? You mentioned both. If the latter: The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicat...

Import PDF File into Publisher 2002?
Hello... Can I import a PDF file (that has been sent to me as a half-page advertisement from a client) into Publisher 2002? I've tried importing picture, importing object and importing text all to no avail. And I've looked in the help file and help "on the web" and came up with nothing. Is it possible? Thanks for an early response as I'm on deadline! Gail Miller -- Gail Miller Communications Consultant Writing . Editing . Web Design wordcrafters@comcast.net 703.549.4117 Voice 703.868.4345 Cell ...

Driver Not Loading
I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v2.0 I'm running: 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft Intellitype Pro\itype.exe' at startup so I can take advantage of the volume controls on the keyboard to adjust the speaker volume on my monitor. I have a Mitsubishi 17" flat screen monitor which I've had for some time. Yesterday the volume controls worked fine but sometime between late yesterday and today they stopped working. I'm getting the following error in my admin tools event log: 'The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: i8042p...

Cannot access CRM from Windows 2003+SP1
I just upgrade my workstation from windows2000 to windows2003+SP1, when I tried to access CRM, it asked for my username and password, once I input and click ok, the IE seems loading something then closed without any error report. I tried to access CRM from other windows 2003 server without SP1, no problem. Is there anything that I can do to solve it? or need to config my IE setting? Any idea? Thank you. Sounds like you have a popup blocker installed. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 1...

Desparately need help. 2 of 12 charts on 1 page can't be saved as webpages?
Posted to Programming & Charting Windows 2000 with Excel 2002 I have created an excel spreadsheet that has a sheet containg 12 charts. I recorded a macro as I saved them to my web location, then ran thought it manually. I discovered 2 of the 12 charts would fail (see actual recorded macro below). Why? Each chart was originally copied from the same chart and just had its source data changed. I tried changing the order, and re-writing the code from other parts that worked -- but the same two charts always failed. Again why, they are identical except for the chart numbers. Test macro exact...

Keep two files open simultaneously
I've used MS Money for my own personal money management, but today I set up a new file to track my mother's accounts. Does anybody know how I can keep both files open at the same time so that I can simply toggle back and forth between the two files? In microsoft.public.money, Helen wrote: >I've used MS Money for my own personal money management, but today I set up a >new file to track my mother's accounts. Does anybody know how I can keep both >files open at the same time so that I can simply toggle back and forth >between the two files? Sorry. You can'...

Why can't I search for a file in the open file dialog box? I used to be able to until I upgraded to XP version.
Help! Ever since I upgraded to Office XP (from Office 97), I can't search for a file in the 'open file' dialog box. In other words, in the good old days, if I wanted to open a certain file, all I had to do was go to the folder where I new the file was. And instead of manually searching for the file, I just had to type in a keyword that I knew was in the file name. When I put in that keyword, it would only show the files with this particular keyword in the filename. This made it much easier and faster to find a file. Now, however, this feature appears to be gone and I'm forced ...

Publisher file won't open!
Help! I just spent 4 hours creating a document in Publisher 2003. I had been "saving" the file periodically throughout the morning, while I was working on it. The instant I closed Publisher and tried to reopen the file, it failed to open the file. Each time I try to open the file, it comes back with a "Send error report to Microsoft..." I tried to delete temp files; installed all service packs for Office, etc. I even tried to open the file with other applications like Word, Powerpoint, etc. I sent the file to a friend, they couldn't open it either. I have NEVER h...

Money 2005 SB can't open Money 2004 File
Hello all, I just upgrade Money 2004 to 2005, both Small Business version. I have 2 money files, one created in 2004 the other created in Money 98 and upgraded every year till 2004. The first one gets converted to 2005 without any problem. But the 2nd one can't be converted. Money 2005 said it is either locked or protected or corrupt. But it has no problem at all in 2004 I've tried to delete all accounts in this file but one to elimilate causes of problems but still have no luck. Can anybody help? I can even post this file here if the group accept bin upload. Thanks in advance Howard...

Does Antivirus software work in Windows Live Mail?
Hi. I've been using Kaspersky for a few years now without fail. I don't think the anti-spam and Virus are working With Windows Live. With Outlook, I would get a popup that would scan email messages before it would download them. Is this feature now gone? Thanks On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:07:01 -0800, Jet wrote: > I've been using Kaspersky for a few years now without fail. I don't think > the anti-spam and Virus are working With Windows Live. With Outlook, I would > get a popup that would scan email messages before it would download them. Is ...

Associating WINDOWS Addressbook with OUTLOOK Contacts/Addressbook...
Hi, everyone.... I have msOffice XP running on WinXP with service pack 2. I had to reinstall stuff on my system recently and am now trying to "recreate" all the tweaks that I had accomplished over the past few months and years. How do I make the *windows* addressbook associate itself with the *outlook* contacts/addressbook such that by making changes in either, these changes are reflected in the other? It used to be that I could edit my contact list in either the windows addressbook or in the outlook contact viewer -- it really didn't matter which method I used to do it...

Excel 97 File Reservation error
I am getting a File Reservation error when trying to open an Excel spreadsheet that is on a common drive. It gives the error: "xxxxx.xls is being modified by (ID) Open as Read-Only or choose Notify when it is available" -- The ID is the ID of the user who is actually trying to open the file. So it is telling her that she can't modify the file because she is in it. But she knows that she doesn't have the file open on any other PC. If she closes Excel and reopens it, sometimes it will let her into the file, and sometimes she just has to keep trying and it will ev...

Deploying and Retargeting a .msm file
I need to include VC_USER_CRT71_RTL_X86 merge module in my application setup. Generally files like MSVCR71.dll go into the machines system directory. However, there is not the option to specify a Module Retargetable Folder with this msm. Any ideas on how to place this file in the system folder using the msm? ...

Embed applescript in/with Excel File
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi there, <br><br>I have an Excel file I need to send to a dozen or so staff members and would like to include a simple script that renames the worksheet tabs once the staff members edit the first page. I have the script mostly figured out but... <br><br>...How/where does the script &quot;accompany&quot; the excel file I'm sending out? I'm sure this is something simple I am overlooking as far as Applescripting goes...any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! > T...

Auto-scroll in the Word window
Hi all, Does anyone here know whether it is possible have the Word window auto-scroll (by vba)? I'm asking this is because I woule like to keep looking at the same position all the time while typing, so there are always, let's say 10 (or any other number to be set) lines above the cursor automatically. Cheers, Shirley Nomey "Nomey" <newsgroups@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:qQI1n.34304$%54.11941@newsfe22.ams2... > Hi all, > > Does anyone here know whether it is possible have the Word window > auto-scroll (by vba)? I'm asking this...

Can't access... because the file had been moved or deleted
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I keep getting this error message when trying to open files in PowerPoint and Excel. I haven't noticed the problem in Word yet. The full text reads, "PowerPoint cannot access [drive:folder:file] because the file has been moved or deleted". The error returns after the progress bar gets about half way. I can copy files to my local machine and work on them without a problem. The remote folder is on a Samba share. Any one have any ideas? I have the same issue with Office 2008 PowerPoint. I can save the pre...

VBA Import of text file & Array parsing of that data
Using XL 2993 & 97 The array formula which parses the information below (from a text file) by "trimming" elements of the "Directory" line of information is: Workbooks.OpenText Filename:="C:\Test\Listing.txt", _ Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, _ FieldInfo:= Array(Array(0, 1), Array(10, 1), Array(17,1), _ Array(21, 1), Array(39, 1)) Specifically: "Directory of C:\BOB AMY Estates\Bank Documents" is being parsed: (because of data columns following it) 11/21/2004|of C:\|BOB|AMY Estates\Bank|Documents 0 | 10...

Can't open archive file...
Hello All, Recently I started backing up my archived emails on my laptop to a USB high-capacity drive. I use a backup tool called TK8. Well, I recently had a need to restore the file and when I did, I get an error that reads: File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file "<file name here>.pst" Any idea what may be the cause? All the credentials are the same. HELP!!! Thanks. hnmcclain@gmail.com Make sure the file isn't marked Read-only in its attributes. "HNM74" <hnmcclain@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11459...

How do I copy a file in VBA?
I am exporting data from Access to Excel, and want to use a template called Dallas-xxx.xls for the data. I would like to copy that template to Dallas-123.xls then fill that spreadsheet to preserve my template. How do I do the copy-paste in Access 2007 VBA? See http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&pid=0000000027#CopyFile -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful. "M Skabialka" wrote: > I am exporting d...

I want to subtract 57 sec. from 1 minute 27 sec. and input 1:27 not 87 sec. help!
This is what I do now A1=57 B1=87...... But I want B1 to look like this-1:27 =(B1-A1) Please let me know the right formula. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Nave! You seem to be wanting to have your data in time format but are not "telling" Excel that. How does Excel "know" that 57 is 57 seconds? in A1: =57/(24*60*60) Format as time (e.g.) h:mm:ss Returns 00:00:57 in B1 =87/(24*60*60) Format as time Returns 0:01:27 Now =B1-A1 returns 0:00:30 Excel records time as a decimal part of 1 day hence to get seconds from bare numbers we divid...