Unable to get DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in windows 7

I am trying to add an initial vidpn topology by  implementing the
DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in the WDDM miniport driver.

But starting from windows 7 i am unable to get the
DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn function call from dxgkrnl.After
searching through the MSDN documentation i found out that the function
is deprecated starting from windows 7.

msdn link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee220395.aspx

According to msdn

"On a computer running Windows 7, the display mode manager (DMM)
determines an appropriate VidPN topology to apply using VidPN history
data in the CCD database. DMM no longer determines the VidPN topology
based upon the last known good topology as it did in Windows Vista.
Consequently, on Windows 7 DMM never calls the
DxgkDdiRecommendVidPnTopology function."

If so then how to provide initial vidpn topology?
else how to add the vidpn topology in CCD persistent data base from
which the DMM determines the functional vidpn?

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
Krish.
0
krish

Getting literal string value
Hi I am attempting to do a bit of error trapping, and want to replace the words 'lower school' with 'Lower School' in a memo field as someone types. I have set it on the on Change property of the field, and it works a treat, except it doesn't discriminate between 'lower school' and 'Lower School' in triggering the action. The syntax I am using is: If strRight = "lower school" Then 'strRight is defined as right(me.HoY_Comment.Text,12) intResp = MsgBox("Possible capitalisation error. Do you mean Lower S...

Database replication using Access 2003 in Windows 7
I am running Access 2003 and have recently upgraded to Windows 7 from XP. I have created a database which uses the Replication function to enable several users in different locations to update data. Because I transferred the design master to a new laptop, I have had to recover the design master. However, one of the forms now will not open and I get a message saying that Access has stopped working and Windows is looking for a solution. The database then closes. The form contains tabs, although other forms that contain tabs work ok. I get the same problem if I try to open the form ...

can't get rid of batch
I have created a sop batch in gp. I populated it with integration manager. Now I would like to delete the batch; it's not posted. When I try deleting the batch, i get a message: " not all tranx will be deleted". The whole point of using batches is to be able to delete before posting. What are the conditions that would prevent a batch from deleting? Thanks! If you printed any of the SOP documents (picking tickets, for example) they cannot be deleted. Look for a field TMSPRNTD (I think, Im doing this from memory) in the SOP10100 table for those orders and change it to 0. ...

Can't install office 2007 professional on windows 7
I purchased a new computer with the Windows 7 64bit OS. I can't get Office 2007 professional to install. If I try to run the install in the normal Win7, I immediately get "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000022). Click ok to close the program. If I try to run it in safemode it asks for, and accepts the product key asks to accept the terms which I do then gives the option to start or customize the install I've tried both options with the same result. The DVD starts to spin up and it looks like it's going to take off. Then I get a me...

VBA: How can I get the type of the control programatically?
Reference to Access 2007 I have a Dialog Form that users will use to select two Table names from two combo boxes. How can I clear the values when the form loads to force the user to select an item from the list? In code I'm iterating through the Form's Controls Collection to set the value but I can't seem to find how to narrow my collection to only text entry types. With VB this was fairly simple, but VBA is not any help. I could reference the controls directly but I have other forms with more text type controls and I'd rather iterate with For Each. Thanks! ...

Where can I get MS Money software?
I have been trying to buy the latest verions of MS Money Plus, but can't find it at Office Depot or Staples, the places where I have bought the software in the past. I'd rather own the disc -- not download it. Any ideas? Thanks. Microsoft provided information to the community earlier in the summer that indicated they were no longer producing retail packages of Money Plus and were converting exclusively to online/download distribution for Money applicaiton software. You may find a retail package still in the channel somewhere. It's hard to say where that might be. Bu...

DPM 2010 Unable to do item-level recoveries
DPM 2010 Unable to do item-level recoveries with Consistency Check Failures Background information: -DPM 2010 Beta on Windows Server 2008 R2. -Protecting Exchange 2003 SP3 running on Windows Server 2003 SP2. -KB940349 (Shadow Copy Fix) has been applied to the Windows 2003 Server. From the DPM Log: DPM failed to obtain catalog information as part of the backup for First Storage Group on "theexchangeserver.thedomain". Your recovery point is valid, but you will be unable to perform item-level recoveries using this recovery point. (ID: 3103) DPM ID: 1^|^DPMSERVER1^|^...

How do i compare two excel sheet and get it to show me diff.
How to do do a differences check of two excel sheet of two different version. Can Excel shows and direct me to the cell or format that has change from the original copy Maybe you could use a program written by Myrna Larson and Bill Manville. You can find a copy on Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm look for compare.xla Sky Yeo wrote: > > How to do do a differences check of two excel sheet of two different version. > Can Excel shows and direct me to the cell or format that has change from the > original copy -- Dave Peterson Hi Dave, I h...

stop calling sub Intentionally without error.
Hi all, I am trying to find a way to stop all sub's from running if certain conditions are encountered. sin the example below, if row count is less than 50 I would like to stop sub_1 from running. All of the posts i find on this subject are related to errors. this isn't really an error just a condition. Thanks for any advice. BRC sub _1() call sub_2 do some stuff end sub sub_2() if range ("somerange").rows.count <50 then msgbox("Less than 50 rows") exit sub else end sub You should write your Sub_2 as a Function procedure that returns True...

PostThreadMessage just gets last message
Hi there.. i have a strange problem with PostThreadMessage (a feature? ;-) and perhaps someone can jump in.... I wrote a threading-helper that *should* give an object of a derived class a worker-thread. That thread is started in the ctor (works) and killed in the dtor (works, too). The delete in method ThreadPost() marked with "* MARK *" is not executed, so it seems that PostThreadMessage works. Unfortunately, when i consecutively call ThreadPost(), only the last message arrives in _ThreadRun(). Perhaps someone can tell me whats going wrong here? TIA, .rhavin;) ________________...

How do I get the Word 2007 toolbar to be visible all the time?
Word 2007. The toolbar used to show all the time at the top of the document and now I have to move the cursor to the top to 'home' of another choice for it to show. How do I make it show all the time? Double-click a ribbon tab or right-click it and deselect the Minimize the Ribbon option on the context menu. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Dan Sr." <Dan Sr.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:274C71DC-7329-4464-BF35-960D37C52EE2@microsoft.com... > Word 2007. The toolbar used to show all the time at the top of the > docume...

How can we get the IDs name from GUID Structure
I am writing an application that is used to get the interface ID's of a COM . For that i am using ITypeLib ,ITypeInfo and TYPEATTR interfaces to load the com and to get its info. my pbm is i want to get name of the ID's from the structure GUID loaded in the interface TYPEATTR.. Say "CLSID_MyClass Class " something like this. GUID structure contains four data fields data1-data4 to store its information. But it also showing the Class ids name. How can i retrieve the class ids name from the GUID structure.. regds Jibesh.... Hi Jibesh, GUIDS are simply 128bit i...

Unable to configure protection
I'm getting the following error with DPM 2007, when tring to backup a drive on a 2008 server. Other volumes on the server are able to be backedup. I have removed and recreated the protection member. Ran checkdisk on the problem volume and rebooted the server. DPM could not start a recovery, consistency check, or initial replica creation job for volume xxx for the following reason: (ID 3170) An unexpected error occurred during job execution. (ID 104 Details: Access is denied (0x80070005) Retry the operation. ...

User getting duplicated e-mails
Exch2000 SP3, Outlook2002. A specific user reports that she is getting duplicated e-mails on her inbox. I asked her to exist Outlook and relaunch it, no success. Messages are duplicated. How can I fix this ? Sorry for not giving you answer, I have same problem when user configured POP3 accounts and MAPI account in same profile. I�ve tried all available patches until week ago. On MS sites says disble POP3 accounts, they must be out of their minds. In my case this troublesolving problem is unacceptable. "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23PKDV...

Money 2005 #7
When will Money 2005 be available? Will there be many changes from 2004 Last information seen on Amazon was 13th Sept. MS usually post something on their web site around that time. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback "mattwolrad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78f601c4847d$d136e270$a501280a@phx.gbl...

Trying to get a blank cell presented if B26=0
IF B26=0, how do I present a blank cell in another place, or put an amount if not true. I have used =IF(B26=0,0,Sheet1!E2) , but I get a $0.00 figure which I do not want. Even I if I used a blank cell for the true portion, I get then same $0.00 figure. I get the right amount for false. I am preparing an excel program for a small plowing business. Hi, Try this =IF(B26=0,"",sheet1!E2) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. ...

in VB6, how to get an equation from the ChartSpace control
Hi there, How to get an equation from the ChartSpace control in VB6 ? I can display the equation by the following code, but I need to get the equation for further process. Your earliest reply will be highly appreciated! ' Display the equation used to calculate the trendline. tlSeries1Trend.IsDisplayingEquation = True ' Set the trendline to be a Logarithmic trendline. tlSeries1Trend.Type = chConstants.chTrendlineTypeLogarithmic On 01/07/2010 01:57, sunlite wrote: > Hi there, > > How to get an equation from the ChartSpace control in VB6 ? > >...

Unable to check stores when register is on a router
I've got two registers on different routers. I've turned off all firewalls on the computer, on the router etc. I still cannot check stores on both these registers, even though I am able to use HQ client, connect to the database etc. ...

Outlook Calendar has been 4 days ahead how do I get it corrected?
For the past week or so my Oulook Calendar has been ahead of itself by four days. ie. Today is saturday 21st but my outlook calendar says it is wed. Nov 25th. I am a novice so please make it simple. step by step instructions. what date is the computer set for? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST...

Unable to restore brick level mail after brightstor 11.5 upgrade
After upgrading from brightstor arcserve backup and exchange agent from vesion 11.1 to version 11.5. I can no longer restore brick level email folders using the exchange agent from a tape that was backup up using version 11.1 of brightstor arcserv backup. I can restore contact and task folders but am unable to restore any email or calender folders. Restores using tapes that were made after the 11.5 upgrade all work fine and I can bricklevel restore email using those tapes. When trying to restore email folders using tapes created with version 11.1 I get the folwing error: E8603 Failed to wr...

Get Performed Illegal Action message with Files, Properties, OK
Hope you can help with this. With Outlook 2000, if I open an email, click Files, Properties, OK, and then click Files again, I get the "Performed Illegal Operation" message and Outlook closes. Why is this? Thanks for your help. ...

"setup was unable to register the security service" error on insta
We currently have a 2K3 server that we are trying to install CRM 1.2 on. and we get held up at this error: "setup was unable to register the security service" It is evident that that service is in fact registered, but it would seem like it fails to start. Asd a result, the whole entire installation fails. Background: Installing to SQL Server 2000 on another machine running 2K server. Logged in as domain admin(via terminal services). Machine were installing to is nothing more than a rack server set up for testing that is just another machine in our domain. When we try to star...

Windows ME and Money 2005
Has anybody had any horror stories about ME and Money 2005? I can't seem to start Money under Windows ME. I converted my Quicken Data File on another computer then installed it to my IBM ThinkPad along with MSmoney. Now when I try to start MSmoney, I can see the msmoney.exe running in the Task Manager but I can't get it to open the application window. Any ideas or input would be great, M. Reid upgrade to Windows XP! >-----Original Message----- >Has anybody had any horror stories about ME and Money >2005? I can't seem to start Money under Windows ME. I >...

How to get spell check to work
I have just started using LiveMail. How can i get spell check to work? There is a spelling tab under tools, which always tells me the spell check is complete when I press it. But I have never formatted the spell check for UK English, it doesn't capitalise the first letter of names or the letter 'i' and i have bo idea how to make it do what i want it to do. It used to be so easy in Outlook. Naturally Outlook has more features than the free Windows Live Mail. You can change the spell check options under Tools - Options - Spelling (in the main program window, not...

Windows Live Mail accounts
Where is the Windows Live Mail account stored!! I think that my configuration has been canibalized. "Emrys Davies" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:7t0l4jFogtU1@mid.individual.net... > Where is the Windows Live Mail account stored!! I think that my > configuration has been canibalized. I have found that right under my nose. ...