Two filters

Hello,

I want to load a single driver as upper and lower filter. I had
modified the registry to include it as upper and lower.

I'm confused how to track in the driver whether the request is coming
from upper interface or lower interface.
Do I need to create two separate device objects for two filters?

Also, in this scenario can i have shared data between two filters?

Thanks nd Regards,
kid

0
uba

> Do I need to create two separate device objects for two filters?

Yes.

--=20
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP
maxim@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com

0
Maxim
1/27/2010 12:31:07 PM
> > Do I need to create two separate device objects for two filters?
>
> Yes.

So, two device objects, and two device contexts for saving data. So, I
need to compare for device object for processing any request.

Is there any way i can have shared data between two filters?

Thanks nd Regards,
kid

0
uba
1/27/2010 12:55:28 PM
Hi,

The best way is to use two device objects. You can use any inter-process
communication, you can have one open a handle of the other, and you can have
both using the same file and thus both see the same globals.
(you can also look into IRP information)

Asaf
> Is there any way i can have shared data between two filters?

1) maintain a global map-style assoc array of <PDO->lower> and =
<PDO->upper>.
or
2) call the internal IOCTL of your own down the stack, which will be =
handled in your lower DO.

--=20
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP
maxim@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com

0
Maxim
1/27/2010 1:26:20 PM

> 1) maintain a global map-style assoc array of <PDO->lower> and <PDO->upper>.
> or
> 2) call the internal IOCTL of your own down the stack, which will be handled in your lower DO.

I forgot to mention that i need two filters for two different function
drivers.
0
uba

Indexing & two computers
Hi... I usually run my Outlook 2007 PST file on two computers. But the indexing is not adequate. It takes a loooong time for it to index, and there is no progress at all if I use the computer simultaneously Is it possible to set the indexing function to always run when ever Outlook is running...? -- Kind regards �yvind Granberg tresfjording@live.no www.tresfjording.com How are you accessing this pst file on two PC's - ie where is the pst located, over a LAN? "�yvind Granberg" <tresfjording@live.no> wrote in message news:2608E08F-DD5B-4BD2-B4C3-70B52BFD2069@micro...

Sales Report filtered by time, Z Report filtered by date
Does anyone have any Z summary reports that can be filtered by day, week, etc Also does anyone have a sales summary report that can be filtered by date and time. (Our liquor store is open untill 1 AM and I can't get the broken out sales over the "two day" period once sales has started on the next day? Thank you so much in advance. There is a combined Z report on the Jean Holland web site (I believe) that does exactly what you want it to do. In regards to (sales) reports by date and time: I asked the same question a week or so ago in this NG but didn't get any soluti...

Filter
I have a table that has various fields on information such as name, address, phone number. I would like to generate a mailing list so that one household per phone number gets the mailing (John Doe & Jane Doe have separate records, but share the same phone number - I want for their household to only get one copy of the mailing). Is there a way to do this, and if so, how? Thanks, Glenn The best way is to use Word and use the Excel file as the database. Use the Word help files on Mail Merge to get details. "Glenn" <glenn@glenncoolong.com> wrote in message news:%23ACfS1...

Filter viruses
Hi, I'm tired of these viruses. However antiviruses doing their job well, but the matter is traffic. How I can filter messages with viruses which declaring in the message's header that this message came from my own domain but not from my IP address? For example: Header >Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 >Received: from mydomain.com ([Not my IP address]) by mail.mydomain.com. What can I do in this situation? Thanks in advance, Paul Use SPF. Refer to: http://spammarshall.com/SpamMarshallWeb/Spf.jsp Paul wrote: > Hi, > > I'm tired of these viru...

'advanced filter/unique values only' inaccurate counts
i often have to use filters to reduce a column of numbers to just it's unique values. simple enough, but unfortunately excel's advanced filter doesn't always do the job and leaves out values or just doesn't filter correctly. i'm hoping there's a simple explanation for this and the filter can be made more reliable. any thoughts? The filters are reliable, so there may be a problem with the data. For example, a space at the end of a text string can cause two cells that look the same to be extracted by the filter. Perhaps you can give an example of what's left out, ...

vlookup from two sources
[Excel 2003] Is it possible to use syntax to perform a vlookup from a source and then another if the first is False? For example, My primary table of data is called "Materials" and my second source is a range A81:E140 on the same sheet as the vlookup, So something like : =vlookup(A1,Materials,2,vlookup(A1,A81:E140),2,False) Can anyone help with advice on syntax? Thankyou, Roger the false in a Vlookup is the mtach type, not an value to use if the formula is false. =if(iserror(vlookup(A1,Materials,2,false)),Vlookup(A1,A81:E140,2,false),Vlookup(A1,Mate...

Can't open two Documents with same name !!
Hi: I install Office 97 in WinXP, works good except when I open a excel spreadsheet a windows always opens saying Can't open two Documents with same name. I click ok and everything works OK. How do I stop this warning I get all the time when I first open a Spreadsheet. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has a list of frequently asked questions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqIndex.html This one sounds like yours: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Owen wrote: > > Hi: I install Office 97 in WinXP, works good except when I > open a excel spreadsheet a windows alway...

keeping two computers updated with one money file
I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I am on the road. What I would like to do is be able to keep my money file syncronized between my two computers. Money offers nothing that will help with this. There is no good way to do this short of something like WinXP Synchronization Manager. I can't say as I've tried it or read here of someone who has. Is that an answer to the question you never asked? "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95B9AF2E-EBD5-4D09-826A-1430BF6C035E@microsoft.com... >I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I am on ...

Finding the difference in days between two dates?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how I can find the difference in days between two date fields, would appreciate the help. Thanks Damon Damon; Just try this. Enter two dates ( 01/08/2003 and 21/08/2003 ) In another cell subtract the two dates, but format that cell as "General". If all is well, just must find a 20 in that cell. Or is it too simple and not what you want ? Mark Rosenkrantz. More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or info@rosenkrantz.nl ----------------------------------------------------------------- "Damon" <damon@nospam.co.uk...

How to update a portion of rows and columns between two files
I have a Master file with 20 columns of data for each of approximately 700 rows. Each month, I receive an update file that I need to use to update 10 columns of data for 3/4 of the rows in my Master file. There is a unique identifier in each file. Not all rows in the update file will be copied into the Master file and not all rows in the Master file will have updates. What is the best way to do this? I am familiar with VLookup. Shall I write aVLookup for each of the 10 columns in each row that need to be replaced so that I can grab the cell from the new file? Or, is there an easier way? ...

Can filter driver ignore an AddDevice?
Hello, I have a question. If my filter driver elects not to filter a certain PDO (e.g. it retrieves some PDO property through IoGetDeviceProperty and figures out the device should not be filtered), what should it do? 1) Return STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL, or 2) Simply return STATUS_SUCCESSFUL before doing any IoCreateDevice And anyway, is it legit to call IoGetDeviceProperty on the PhysicalDeviceObject at this point? Thanks. Just return STATUS_SUCCESS but do not attach to the device stack. If you return a failure code the whole device stack will be torn down. -- Don Burn (MV...

Creating a Report using two queries
I have created a chart report (bar chart) using one query. How can I create another single chart showing the results of both queries. One will show the bars of first query data and the other will show bars of the data from second query together in a single chart report. Any suggestions? -- FL This depends on how/if the two queries are related. I would expect the "X" axis values might be related. If so, join the two queries into a single query and graph the new query. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www...

how i can filter the Treeview child node
At the 'select purchase order items' screen (purchase order module-auto receiving), there is tree view object. Can i do some customization on the treeview object? I only want to display the PO NO according to the person in charges and the person currently log into GP. Can someone give suggestion on this? ...

JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver & ODBC driver are two different installati
http://www.paphoscarhire.mobi/odbc-bridge2.jpg desktop control panel settings, I have above URL (IMG) Settings well, I need to run in my PC: Type 1 db driver Access / java[SE1.6] Desktop Applications, what I need to install ? I refer for Type 1, JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver.... Is it needed install and Access 2003 ODBC driver (see URL) ...? How I understand if I already installed it(?) since I do not know ? JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver & ODBC driver are two different installations? How to load driver in my program ? The below are correct for: Class.forName & DriverManager.ge...

Two POP accounts with separate data files?
I'm using Outlook 2003. I've got two POP accounts, but I don't want mail for both to be delivered to the same Data file (Personal Folder). Also, I'd rather not use a rule to have mail from the second account simply delivered to a different folder. Is there a way to have two separate sets of "Personal Folders" and have one account deliver to one and the second account deliver to a second? Thanks. Your name <brown_sm@nspam.yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2003. I've got two POP accounts, but I don't want > mail for both to be del...

criteria for filtering check boxes in a query
I am trying to do a permanent sort for columns using check boxes. I need to know the formula for the criteria box On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:54:41 -0700, Desiree wrote: > I am trying to do a permanent sort for columns using check boxes. I need to > know the formula for the criteria box What is "a permanent sort for columns using check boxes". Perhaps your terminology is clear to you, but I think you would do well to re-think and repost your question. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:38:03 -0700, Desir...

OWA junk mail filter
In Outlook microsoft provides a way to update the junk mail folder by downloading updates for Outlook. If someone is using OWA exclusively how does one go about updating the junk mail folder and is there a way that OWA gets updated? ...

how do you compare two dates to find the difference?
mm/dd/yyyy is the format. I need to subtract two dates to find the difference Hi =A2-A1 and format the result as 'Number' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Todd wrote: > mm/dd/yyyy is the format. I need to subtract two dates to find the > difference With dates in A1 & A2, in A3: =A1-A2 This will give you the number of days difference. Format A3 as general "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B34084-E5BF-4D21-BB4E-DE60DB66CAE3@microsoft.com... > mm/dd/yyyy is the format. I need to subtract two dates to find the ...

Outlook Filters- Order?
Can someone help me with some info onthe use of outlook's filters. In particular I would like to know if various filters can be set in a order of when they operate?. Or is it that all filters just work together with no precedence ? Also could you tell me if I can get at individual filters or are they all inside *.pst files? David You mean Wizard Rules? (or Rules and Alerts in Outlook 2003) They fire in order from top to bottom. I don't know what you mean by your last question. Could you specify? don't forget to mention your version either. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]...

"A configuration error.. caused the message to bounce between two servers"
For a few weeks now I've been trying to debug the connection between two exchange 2k servers on my network. A new one and an old one. Users on the old server couldn't send messages to users on the new one and vice versa. I seem to have partially fixed the problem by Setting our two internal MX records to have the same metric or weight or whatever you want to call it. Now the origional server can send messages to the new server. The new server however still cant send messages to the old server. Anything you try to send in that direction instantly gets the following message...

automatic update of filtered linked data?
Can someone help? There's got to be an easy way to acoomplish this without some kind of refresh macro: 1. Sheet one has a grid of data. 2. I paste that grid into another sheet (paste special, paste link) 3. I then filter that linked table. 4. I change the source data 5. The filtered linked sheet does not update unless I manually re-apply the filter. I've even tried putting the linked sheet into another file and making sure it automatically updates links. Still no luck! ...

sending filtered messages
i have one user john and i want john can send emails to someone@yahoo.com;someone@gmail.com and except it john should not be allowed to send mails to anyone. how can i do it in the exchange i think this is not possible in exchange On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 20:29:00 -0800, mangesh.shukla <mangesh.shukla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have one user john and i want john can send emails to >someone@yahoo.com;someone@gmail.com >and except it john should not be allowed to send mails to anyone. >how can i do it in the exchange >i think this is not possible in exchange You c...

Combine Two Colums
Hello All Need help with the script below or maybe a better one. I need to combine the items in Column A and Column B into one Column The one below will combine the data into one column but it is backward, I need the text in column B to be added after the text in column A Thanks for any help Scott Sub addData() For r = 2 To 100 Cells(r, "D").Value = "@website.com" & Cells(r, "D").Value Next r End Sub This is what I have A B C D E 1 Jimmy @website.com 2 Jimmy @website.c...

How many quarters between two dates?
Hi Everyone! Got a date question for you. I was wondering if anyone knew of formula where I could do the following: Withing a column, find the oldest date, and the most recent dat listed. Then, find out how many quarters (three months) fell betwee those dates. Anyone know?? Any help is of course greatly appreciated. Thanks! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try: =DATEDIF(MIN(A3:A8),MAX(A3:A8),"m")/3 "Rich9016 >" <<Rich9016.14vysl@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Rich9016.14vysl@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi Everyone! &...

junk e-mail filter capturing other messages
I noticed my Outlook junk e-mail filter started catching (moving to delete folder) some e-mails that did not have their address listed in my "edit junk senders" list. Why would this be. What should I check to get it to stop. For instance, one of the addresses it it capuring is "Laridian Sales [sales@laridian.com]", but that is not in the list. Thanks for any help. Do you have "sales" in the list? I do and want it there. Try creating an exception. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to th...