TWAIN Driver - 116467

I have to create a TWAIN driver. Are there any sample codes and maybe some
code skelleton available on which I can base such a driver?

hufaunder <hufaunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have to create a TWAIN driver. Are there any sample codes and maybe some
>code skelleton available on which I can base such a driver?

Have you done any looking for this?  Have you downloaded the TWAIN SDK from
the TWAIN Working Group?

There is a sample TWAIN data source here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/twain-samples/

A TWAIN data source is a huge task.  Do not underestimate the complexity.
Do you have complete specs for the device you are supporting?
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Planner for Driver's weekly journeys
I require a weekly/monthly planner for driver's journeys some of which occur on a regular basis ...

filter driver & embedded signature in vista-64
Is it possible to embed a signature in my x64 class filter driver? If so, does this eliminate the need to distribute an associated catalog file? Thanks dmm If the driver is installed using an INF file, then a signed security catalog file is required. Legacy (non-PnP) drivers that do not use an INF file are signed by signing the driver binary. IIRC boot-loaded drivers must have the driver binary signed - possibly in addition to having a signed security catalog file. Good luck, Thomas F. Divine "dmm" <dmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

trying to convert kbfiltr sample to a class level filter driver
hello, i am using the kbfiltr example from the WDK (7600) as a template for my keyboard filter driver. the purpose of the driver (at the moment) is just to enable/disable all keyboard input. i have got this working by modifying the KbFilter_ServiceCallback so that it drops all packets if required. i need to be able to send the driver IOCTLs from a user app and have got this working as well using this sample. but of course the sample only works for a single ps/2 keyboard and i need it to apply to all keyboards. so, i modified the registry so that the keyboard is installed at...

How do I add RAID drivers to an existing XP system?
I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a system using an Intel D945GNT motherboard. This motherboard has a chipset and BIOS which support RAID 1. I recently replaced my hard drives with a much larger pair of drives and would like to setup a RAID 1 array. All the partitions from my old drives have been transferred to one of the new drives, and the second drive is empty. The instructions for installing the RAID drivers say to start Windows setup and press F6 when prompted to install a third party RAID driver using the floppy which came with the motherboard. This is fine if you...

Modem driver "Not Sticking"
I installed a new modem. Everything is fine till a day or 2 later, and then device manager shows the modem with that "yellow symbol" showing that it isn't working. Any way to fix it permanently? Thanks. Is this the same computer as in your many other recent threads in this newsgroup? Mint wrote: > I installed a new modem. > > Everything is fine till a day or 2 later, and then device manager > shows the modem > with that "yellow symbol" showing that it isn't working. > > Any way to fix it permanently? > > Thanks. ...

[ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default dr
Please Help… I have a button on a unbound form, that fires a macro to run the code below… however… I keep getting [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified I believe I have everything as far as Access installed correctly… Is there a problem with my code? Public Function Update_Assign() As String 'Error Handling On Error GoTo Err_Update_Assign_Click 'Establish Dim allRecords As ADODB.Recordset Dim cnCh5 As ADODB.Connection Dim strConnection As String Dim cmdCommand As ADODB.Command Set cmdCommand = New ADODB.Command Dim M...

My Print Driver Crashes Publisher 2007
Hi, I am running a Fuji Xerox docuprint C525A colour laser shared on a wireless network and as soon as I attempt to print with it in Publisher 2007 the program crashes and closes with no error message. I have run the automatic 'safe mode' repair with no success and have tested the problem by setting the Windows XPS document printer as an alternative default which fixes the problem - but of course doesn't print. Any ideas? Thanks. What OS? There are drivers for Vista with a March 2007 timestamp here http://www.fujixerox.com.au/support/downloaddriver?productId=307&operatin...

Audio drivers
I am sure someone might have run into a similar situation. I have a HP Compaq DC 7900 machine with Windows Server 2003 R2 64 bit on it. The audio device listed in device management is "Audio Device on High Definiton Bus". However, HP doesn't do audio drivers for Windows Server 2003 R2 64 bit. Is ithere any work around to get the audio going? Your help is very much appreciated. Regards, Srini Hi, Your Compaq audio chipset is ADI1884, manufactured by Analog Devices. Unfortunately they don't post drivers for their chipsets in their web page, leaving...

Searching resources or books to learn Vista&Win7 OGL driver develo
Hi, Can any expert tell me where to find good books and resources to learn Vista or Win7 OpenGL driver development? Thanks KC Did you ever receive a response? I too am in the same boat or at least sailing in roughly the same direction "driver_guy" wrote: > Hi, > > Can any expert tell me where to find good books and resources to learn Vista > or Win7 OpenGL driver development? > > Thanks > > KC > ...

91 Firmware Drivers R4 Dsi. R4i Dsi 67553
Drivers Firmware R4i Dsi . Firmware R4 Dsi nintendo http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 Firmware Drivers R4i Dsi , R4 Dsi , R4i-sdhc.com ?yFGtj_lJ&y_(uhAhC=Qa*LzW ...

kdfile for miniport driver
Hi, i am trying to use kdfile while developing my storport miniport driver, but it is not updating the driver. i used to try it on file system and it was working fine. does anybody have any idea what could be the problem? or how it is different for miniport driver? thanks, Hitesh Storport miniport drivers are boot start, and kdfile does not normally work for boot start. There was an ntldr that did, but finding one and matching the rest of the OS to it can be a challenge. For storport you are best off assuming no kdfile support. Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem...

OPOS Driver
I have installed RMS to a new PC however now when I try to open the POS or Manager I get a message that says " OPOS driver not found" I went to the epson website but the download was not there. Anyone know what to do? Please help!!!! I had a similar problem and basically put a support request in to Epson. they emailed me the driver and... happy days. "Claudia Stevens" wrote: > I have installed RMS to a new PC however now when I try to open the POS or > Manager I get a message that says " OPOS driver not found" I went to the > epson website but t...

Save hardware drivers
Just re-installed Vista and it needed couple drivers - 1 for my Radeon 1650 SE video card and one for my M/Soft digital media 3000 keyboard I'm bit concerned about these drivers becoming obsolete (particularly the former) so I was wondering whether it's possible to save the drivers now for future install - the driver details document all the driver files & locations but not sure how to re-install - just drop them in the right folder? It seems impossible to just download driver nowadays - it's either direct install only or part of 200,million gigabyte software instal...

camera driver problem
Hi all, o.S: Windows CE 6.0 Processor: Omap3530 I am working on camera module for the omap3530 with sensor ov7670, I built the application CameraDshowApp.exe from private copied into my platform. The camera driver get loaded and successfully registered. After boot up, I executed CameraDshowApp.exe, there are few options specified as below, I selected options 1 to 4 and clicked OK. 1. Video capture 2. Video encoderer 3. Still image sink 4. File Mux 5. VideoRenderer 6. AudioCapture 7. Audio Encoder 8. IntellConnect 9. SimulControl Nothing I can see in the display window, it w...

USB CDC ACM driver for windows XP,vista,7
Hi I have one usb cdc acm supported wince device. i want to show this device as virtual com port in PC (Host) side. In PC side, should we write a usb cdc acm driver? or already windows current versions support usb cdc acm driver. does this usb cdc acm driver is enough to show virtual com port in PC? anyone have idea regarding this? thanks in advance. Regards, D. Hi Anybody having idea about usb cdc driver in PC side. Pls help me to start usb cdc driver. Thanks in advance. Regards - D. Hi, On 2010=E5=B9=B407=E6=9C=8804=E6=97=A5 17:00, dsrking wrote: >...

beginning UMDF Driver for PIC
Hi@All, Aim: App <-> UMDF USB Driver <-> ??? <-> USB PIC/FW The PIC runs with the manufacturer driver. This driver is thrown away and I would substitute it with an own UMDF driver. Therefor I must install WinUSB driver as a filter driver, right? At the upper Edge of the stack is the UMDF USB driver, right? The problem @ the moment is how did the WinUSB driver knows that he is used as a filter driver and should deliver requests from the pic to the UMDF driver? At the moment I read "How to Use WinUSB to Communicate with a USB Device" but this...

Identifying volume shadow copies from a minifilter driver
Hello, I was wondering if there is a reliable way of determining whether a volume is a shadow copy volume or not from a minifilter driver. An obvious solution is of course to look at the volume name and determining it from that. As far as I know this is the only way of doing this in Windows XP. In Vista there seems to be a function called FltIsVolumeSnapshot() which to me at least seems to do exactly what I want. The question is; Does this function only return true on these shadow copy volumes or on something else also? From the documentation it's a bit unclear. Also is t...

KeDelayExecutionThread in 64-bit drivers
The following code does not work (does not delay execution): __int64 WaitIn100nsUnit = - n100nsTimeCount; KeDelayExecutionThread(KernelMode, FALSE, (PLARGE_INTEGER)&WaitIn100nsUnit); while the following does work: LARGE_INTEGER WaitIn100nsUnit = RtlConvertLongToLargeInteger( -1 * n100nsTimeCount ); KeDelayExecutionThread(KernelMode, FALSE, &WaitIn100nsUnit); I am testing my driver on Windows 7. Thx in advance, John Bond > __int64 WaitIn100nsUnit =3D - n100nsTimeCount;=20 > KeDelayExecutionThread(KernelMode, FALSE,=20 > (PLARGE_INTEGER...

Filtering floppy operations with minifilter driver
I want to filter floppy disks operations with the file system minifilter driver. The problem is that I cannot attach minifilter to the drive unless the disk is inserted. If disk is not inserted into the drive, the FilterAttach function returns error (ERROR_FLT_DELETING_OBJECT (0X801F000B) for Windows XP and ERROR_FLT_VOLUME_NOT_FOUND (0x 801F0014) for Windows 7). When the disk is inserted, all works fine. After ejecting/inserting the disk minifilter continues to work properly. Is there any way to attach minifilter to the floppy drive without physical disk inserted into it? T...

Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed
I am just amazed at the sheer numbers of posts on the internet related to "Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be complete" and the various MS operating systems. My particular problem is with XPpro SP2 and I've done a ton of reading and followed many rabbit trails in search of a solution. When I attempt to use the plug n play wizard, it quickly drops me out with "an error occurred during the installation of this device, the system cannot find the specified file" [though it really would be sweet if that file were indeed 'specified']. ...

WinUSB as a filter driver?
Hi, if I write a UMDF USB driver whats the connection between the USB Device an the Kernelmode? The WinUSB driver, right? If it is so, how could I install the WinUSB for the device as a filter driver? The paper "how to use WinUSB to communicate with a USB Device" describes how to install WinUSB as a function driver. In this combination are no UMDF USB driver between WinUSB and the Application, right? Is it possible to skip the WinUSB and connect directly to the UMDF USB driver, or do I have to use WinUSB ever? regards Tobias Philipp You would need to us...

My driver will not install on windows 7 64-bit
My driver (WDM) will install on Vista 32-bit. When I tried to install it on windows 7 64-bit, I get the error message, "Device driver software was not successfully isntalled - No Driver found. I assumed it was a inf problem. I added the .ntamd64 but still got the same error message. I have not tried it on Vista 64 or Windows 7 32 Here is a copy of my inf file. I have removed the .nt extension that was used to install the driver on XP and Vista 32. What am I doing wrong? [Version] Signature="$Windows NT$" Class=GETNTDS ClassGUID={B8437626-328C-4df4-BC33-35D71C7...

Need pointers for driver signing
My team has developed a mirror driver for which we now have an unsigned package and need to get it signed (preferably from winqual). Could some point me to documentation of whom can we contact, what are the charges for getting the package signed and what all processes we need to follow before submitting the package for signing. ManmeetJ <ManmeetJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >My team has developed a mirror driver for which we now have an unsigned >package and need to get it signed (preferably from winqual). Could some point >me to documentation of whom ...

60 R4I-SDHC.COM FIRMWARE DRIVERS
FIRMWARE DRIVERS CARTUCHOS DSI R4I-SDHC.COM CAJA ROJA - ULTIMA ACTUALIZACION. http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_r4i-sdhc-com-nuevo-firmware-drivers-13b_1344437 sALUDOS cARLOS z@+M)G@PIlLEypu*)AD/)NOtp ...

Excel ODBC driver created table/inserted data lost on application
Using native ODBC API I connect to an Excel spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls) 4.00.6305.00 successfully and I am able to create a new table and insert data into the new table and retrieve the inserted new data successfully. While my application is running I can disconnect and reconnect to the Excel data source and see the new table and its data. However, when my application exit the new table and inserted data are lost and the spreadsheet is never updated. Is there a special ODBC command to close/save an Excel worksheet? OK. I found out the cause of this is...