One driver for multiple OS

Is it possible to use one build environment to create one bulk USB driver
binary to run on WinXP, Vista and Windows 7 using WDK 7600.16385.0?

Or do I need 3 driver binaries per platform (eg x86, amd64)?

--
Thanks,
Eric

You can do it with one driver, just use the build environment of the oldest
platform that you want to target (XP in this case).

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa906294.aspx for details on how
to dynamically take advantage of the features available on later platforms
(if you need or want to, that is).

-scott

--
Scott Noone
Consulting Associate

"Eric Grubbs" <EricGrubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to use one build environment to create one bulk USB driver
> binary to run on WinXP, Vista and Windows 7 using WDK 7600.16385.0?
>
> Or do I need 3 driver binaries per platform (eg x86, amd64)?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Eric

0
Scott
3/2/2010 4:54:35 PM
On Mar 2, 10:46=A0am, Eric Grubbs <EricGru...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Is it possible to use one build environment to create one bulk USB driver
> binary to run on WinXP, Vista and Windows 7 using WDK 7600.16385.0?

Yes, just use the most downlevel build environment for the set of OSes
that you need to support.  i.e. if you're supporting Win2k, XP, and
Vista, use the Win2k build environment.  Note however that you still
need separate x86 and x64 builds.
0
Chris
Thanks,
Eric

"Scott Noone" wrote:

> You can do it with one driver, just use the build environment of the oldest
> platform that you want to target (XP in this case).
>
> See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa906294.aspx for details on how
> to dynamically take advantage of the features available on later platforms
> (if you need or want to, that is).
>
> -scott
>
> --
> Scott Noone
> Consulting Associate
> OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc.
> http://www.osronline.com
>

> "Eric Grubbs" <EricGrubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to use one build environment to create one bulk USB driver
> > binary to run on WinXP, Vista and Windows 7 using WDK 7600.16385.0?
> >
> > Or do I need 3 driver binaries per platform (eg x86, amd64)?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Eric

> Is it possible to use one build environment to create one bulk USB =
driver=20
> binary to run on WinXP, Vista and Windows 7 using WDK 7600.16385.0?

Yes, but you need to use XP build env, and thus the lack of post-XP =
features, unless you will import the functions using =
MmGetSystemRoutineAddress.

--=20
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP
maxim@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com

0
Maxim

Setup multiple domains
My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to all the different domains via pop? Point me in the right direction please. Thanks On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:27:04 -0800, "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a >single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to >all the different domains via pop? > >Point me in the right direction please. > &g...

add public folder calendar to multiple user accounts favorite calendar list. 06-22-10
hey all, i need to add a public folder calendar to multiple user accounts "favorites" calendar list (shows as other calendars) in outlook 2007. i know, from outlook, you can right click and add to favorite to add it to an individual user's "other calendars" but i need to do this for a group of people. is there any way in exchange, gpo, or something to do this automatically based on group membership, etc.? thanks in advance. shrpshtr ...

Multiple scenarios for a pool of loans
I need to put together a spreadsheet that takes into account different scenarios for a pool of hundreds of loans. These scenarios include figuring out what happens to a loan when it defaults, when the borrower refinances, or when the loan is paid off. Since there are literally hundreds of loans involved, does anyone have a suggestion on how to manage this data? It seems to me that there would literally be hundreds of permutations and I'm not sure what the best way is to calculate this large amount of data. Would a macro be the best? if so, how do I create a macro? Thanks- Cour...

PowerPoint 07 multiple footers
I sent this question yesterday, but I don't see the post. I have a user who wants a footer on odd numbered pages, and another on even numbered pages. I know you can have multiple masters, but i'm not sure you can alternate them. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. please ignore this post. i didn't think the first one posted for the following reasons: an internet window appeared after i sent it, making it look like i was unsuccessful (SSL and TLS are checked) i didn't receive notification of responses, even though i checked the box and there were 3 respo...

HTA Create User assign multiple groups
Hi all. I've created a HTA to create an AD user. I have a multi select listbox which loads all security groups from AD and i can multi select them as planned. I now need to get the user added to the groups. I'm not sure where to go next. Can anyone suggest a method etc for this? Many thanks in advance ...

Multiple data validation criteria?
Working in 2003, but this workbook has to also work in 2007 For this project I have to avoid macros because users are remote and may not enable macros. I have a column which needs two different data validation criteria; (1) ColumnA >Column B and ColumnA <Column C (I can do this with data validation) (2) ColumnA does not contain values at more than one decimal place 4.2 is ok, 4.21 is not I can also do this with data validation (custom formula) However, Excel appears limited in that I cannot apply more than one data validation criteria. Is there any (non-VBA) w...

Why do multiple circular references affect each other in a worksh.
I am trying to create a mileage tracker for service records, eg. a1=total miles, b1=miles. I would like to enter in the new miles into b1 every time. I found that a circular reference works for this but for only one entry and I have many parts to keep track of. If at all possible I would like to be able to make this work for each part and all on one worksheet. If other worksheets are required for calculation purposes that is fine. Any help is appreciated. Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <3BCB94AA-A9B0-4107-BE70-9FB484765739@microsoft.com...

Multiple Open Psts. Limit?
This user is running Office XP service pack 2, Windows 2000 service pack 4 I have a user that opens 6 or so .pst files at a time. He is, once again, having trouble dragging and dropping mails between .psts. I have run detect and repair and reinstalled Office. I do not know of any viruses on the machine and his Norton Anti-Virus is up to date. Does Outlook have a limit to open .psts? None of the psts are at the 1.8 GB size limit. ...

Password not working on one machine
This is very bizarre. I have an excel document that is password protected and can be open by everyone except for this one computer. It's saying that the password is not correct. It doesn't matter who is logged in so it tells me it's computer specific. I have tried a different keyboard, with no luck...any suggestions would be great. I used to walk over to a co-worker's desk and turn off the capslock button. Could it be something that simple? M. Lord wrote: > > This is very bizarre. I have an excel document that is password protected > and can be open by e...

Passing a value from one form to another
Let me start out by saying I am a neophyte when it comes to Access. I was "volunteered" for this project, so I have to make do with the situation. I am using A2003 on a pc; the application is for data entry of a survey and the db contains one table with eight (8) forms (each being a section of the survey. On the first form is the survey ID; this is the value I need to pass from one form to the next. I navigate to each form via a control button, which I have a macro to close the form you are leaving and open the form you desire. What I need to do is to pass the survey ID from the f...

Multiplication Error
I am trying to compute an ending sales price after several discount have been applied. We have a retail price that is discounted multipl times depending on the type of customer we are dealing with. For example: Retail Price = $2.95 Dealer Discount = 50% then 10% then 5% Dealer Price = $1.26 The sum of the first discount is then multiplied by the next discount and so on. What formula can I use to compute the following? 2.95 * .50=1.48 1.48*.10=.15 1.48-.15=1.33 1.33*.05=.07 1.33-.07=1.2 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi =round((A1*0.5)*0.9*0.95,2) where A1 contains th...

How do I set up a banner so that it saves in one piece
I've been trying to save a banner in Micro. Publish. in one piece, so that I can forward it to a professional printer, however, the document keep saving in panels, which is no good for anyone. Does your printer have a setting for creating banners? Take a look in your Printer Setup. -- Don ------- Vancouver, USA "Derek R." <Derek R. @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5023AD8F-A31E-4043-83A4-FE364382D2C3@microsoft.com... > I've been trying to save a banner in Micro. Publish. in one piece, so that > I > can forward it to a professional p...

transferring data from one calendar to another
I finally received a computer at work, after having done all my calendaring for appointments on my home computer for several months. I work in a large school district and the new e-mail system seems to utilize Outlook (the calendar looks identical). Is there a way I can transfer the data from my Outlook (2002) calendar at home to my calendar through the system's network at work? The computer is brand new so I assume that it would be the most recent version of Outlook on the work computer. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it greatly! You can export your calendar to a PST file in...

TASKS: How can I paste a list into multiple task items?
When I try to hi-lite a list of tasks from notepad and paste them into Outlook 2003 Tasks, a dialogue box opens wanting me to enter the Task title. I'm hoping to be able to take a list and paste it into Tasks and have a list of Tasks without having to type individually. Thanks. That's not possible. You can drag blocks of text to the tasks button to create 1 at a time or import the list - it needs to be one task per row, comma or tab delimited. (It's easier to edit in Excel, if it needs edited before importing.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www...

couting occurence using multiple dates in single cell
Hi, I need to count the no. of meeting that took place in each month. My worksheet is January Feb to Dec column A column B Column C to Column M Column C (data) 1 name no of meeting No of meeting 2 Jack 1/1/09, 1/3/09, 2/1/09, 2/5/09, 3/1/09.4/1/09 3 Peter 2/1/09, 3/1/09,3/15/09 4 Paul 3/1/09, 4/1/09, 4/2/09 is there a way to count the ...

Outlook 2007 send from one email, get undeliverable that shows ano
I create a new message and send it using one email account (POP3) in Outlook 2007. I get an undeliverable message that shows the sending address (which should be the address I sent the message from) is a totally different address - also POP3. The content of the Undeliverable email is strange as well (this is the total message): ------------------------------------------------------------------ Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Our Vacation! Sent: 1/10/2010 10:09 AM The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: ...

Wince printer driver
Hi,Dear all I am developing a printer driver for wince 5.0,because my printer(EPSON LQ- 300K+) is not PCL based, I cann't use the pcl driver gived by MS.Now I have some puzzle... My printer driver named"LQ300K.dll",it contains the DDI functions such as "DrvEnableDriver","DrvEnablePDEV" and so on. Here is my registery setting: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Printers\EPSON LQ-300K+] "Driver"="LQ300K.dll" "High Quality"="300" "Draft Quality"="150" "Color"="Monochrome"...

Open multiple attachments
Is there a way to open multiple attachments in Outlook 2003? Holding Ctrl to highlight then and double-clicking doesn't work. I have a message with a few pictures and I'd like to open all of them at once. Thanks! ...

Sum Multiple Criteria 11-18-09
Hello Everyone, I have been try to learn how to use the SUM function with multiple criteria. I have run into a road block with my experimentation. By the way, I am using Excel 2003 SP3. My data looks like the following: city Mfr model volume dearborn ford taurus 10 troy ford fusion 20 shelby gm lacrosse 10 warren chrysler sebring 10 dearborn gm camaro 30 detroit ford fusion 40 shelby chrysler magnum 20 warren chrysler avenger 40 troy chrysler avenger 20 detroit gm lacrosse 50 detroit gm impala 30 warren ford fusion 40 troy chrysler avenger 20 detroit ford taurus 10 ...

Multiple Entries in Deliver New Messages?
How can you delete multiple entries in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" field in Outlook 2003. Al Franz <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote: > How can you delete multiple entries in the "Deliver new e-mail to the > following location" field in Outlook 2003. There is no way to have multiple entries in that field. You can have multiple choices in the drop-down (one for every PST you have, plus one for an Exchange messages store, and one for a Hotmail account with Outlook Connector), but only the selected one will be active. If you wish...

Multiple SMTP Virtual Servers
I would like to setup a seperate Virtual Server for sending outbound mail outside of our exchange installation. I can setup a virtual server and test it, but I want to know if I can seperate out the mailroot directory from the default server mailroot directory. I have seen the articles on moving the default directory to gain speed, but nothing regarding having two seperate mailroot directories. Thank you, Curtis <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to setup a seperate Virtual Server for sending outbound mail >outside of our exchange installation. I ...

Copy file from one directory to a new directory, using excel spreadsheet as reference for items to be copied
All- I have an excel spreadsheet containing 7509 rows (Products), and I have a directory containing 16,421 image files. The images are all named by the Product Number, which is also a row in my excel spreadsheet. I need to query the excel spreadsheet to get all the product numbers, then check my current directory for a <productNumber>.jpg file. If the file exists, I need to COPY it to a new directy. If it does not exist, I need to write the product number to a text file that I can go over after the fact to obtain the image for the products missing photos. On Dec 17, 9:49...

Getting the max date after filtering out the deleted ones
Hello i have a little problem. my tblServiceReports has 3 fields that i need to manipulate. the fields are ProductID, ServiceReportDate and SRDateDeleted i also have a ServiceReportID field as the key for the table. each product in my db can have one to many service reports. what i am trying to do is create a query that pulls the max date for the service report so that i can show the last time the product was serviced. there is a catch, cause i know you think that what i just asked how to do in the last paragraph was easy. i also need to filter out bad data. what? filter BAD data, w...

TWAIN Driver
I have to create a TWAIN driver. Are there any sample codes and maybe some code skelleton available on which I can base such a driver? hufaunder <hufaunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have to create a TWAIN driver. Are there any sample codes and maybe some >code skelleton available on which I can base such a driver? Have you done any looking for this? Have you downloaded the TWAIN SDK from the TWAIN Working Group? There is a sample TWAIN data source here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/twain-samples/ A TWAIN data source is a huge task. Do n...

Copy column from one sheet to another
I'm keeping grades in multiple worksheets in the same workbook. I'd like to copy the column showing the total of the weekly grades (using the SUM formula) on worksheet 2 to the column on worksheet 1 for that assignment (worksheet 1 reflects all the assignments which is why I just need the sum). When I simply do a copy and paste, I get #REF in the 'weekly' column and in the 'total' and 'grade' columns (total is the total of all assignments, grade is a series of if, then statements so I end up with A, B, C etc). How do I do this to just get the number and...