LNK2001: unresolved external CreateControl

This should be a case of just finding the right lib to link to.

I get the following error:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct
CRuntimeClass const CWnd::classCWnd" (?classCWnd@CWnd@@2UCRuntimeClass@@B)

What lib should I link to to resolve this error?

For future referance, I have look for documentation that tells me what lib
for what function but couldn't find anything. Is there a way of find out that
information in case I run in to this problem again?

Thanks

    This is from MFC I think.

--=20
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP
maxim@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com

"isenhand" <isenhand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> This should be a case of just finding the right lib to link to.=20
>=20
> I get the following error:
>=20
> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct=20
> CRuntimeClass const CWnd::classCWnd" =
(?classCWnd@CWnd@@2UCRuntimeClass@@B)
>=20
> What lib should I link to to resolve this error?
>=20
> For future referance, I have look for documentation that tells me what =
lib=20
> for what function but couldn't find anything. Is there a way of find =
out that=20
> information in case I run in to this problem again?
>=20
> Thanks
>=20

0
Maxim
3/3/2010 12:17:53 AM
Thanks.

That was my guess too but I have gone though all the *.lib files in
C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\lib\Mfc\amd64 and still no link :(

Looks like I will just have to work my way though all the other libs till I
hit the right one.

"Maxim S. Shatskih" wrote:

>     This is from MFC I think.
>
> --
> Maxim S. Shatskih
> Windows DDK MVP
> maxim@storagecraft.com
> http://www.storagecraft.com
>
> "isenhand" <isenhand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A7004DF-B87B-4E9F-A2E8-8E9C3704941B@microsoft.com...
> > This should be a case of just finding the right lib to link to.
> >
> > I get the following error:
> >
> > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct
> > CRuntimeClass const CWnd::classCWnd" (?classCWnd@CWnd@@2UCRuntimeClass@@B)
> >
> > What lib should I link to to resolve this error?
> >
> > For future referance, I have look for documentation that tells me what lib
> > for what function but couldn't find anything. Is there a way of find out that
> > information in case I run in to this problem again?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> .

I found a tool, dumpbin, and according to that CWnd::classCWnd forms part of
mfc42.lib.

Dump of file mfc42.lib

File Type: LIBRARY

     Exports

       ordinal    name

1964    ?classCWnd@CWnd@@2UCRuntimeClass@@B (public: static struct
CRuntimeClass const CWnd::classCWnd)

However, if I add that to my source file:

MFC_LIBS=C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\lib\Mfc\amd64
TARGETLIBS=\
	$(SDK_LIB_PATH)\strsafe.lib	\
	$(SDK_LIB_PATH)\kernel32.lib	\
	$(SDK_LIB_PATH)\advapi32.lib	\
	$(SDK_LIB_PATH)\oleaut32.lib	\
	$(MFC_LIBS)\mfcs42.lib	\
	$(MFC_LIBS)\mfcs42ud.lib	\
	$(MFC_LIBS)\mfc42ud.lib	\
	$(MFC_LIBS)\mfco42ud.lib	\
	$(MFC_LIBS)\mfcd42ud.lib	\
	$(WIN7_LIBS)\user32.lib

I still get the error:

"Maxim S. Shatskih" wrote:

>     This is from MFC I think.
>
> --
> Maxim S. Shatskih
> Windows DDK MVP
> maxim@storagecraft.com
> http://www.storagecraft.com
>
> "isenhand" <isenhand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A7004DF-B87B-4E9F-A2E8-8E9C3704941B@microsoft.com...
> > This should be a case of just finding the right lib to link to.
> >
> > I get the following error:
> >
> > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct
> > CRuntimeClass const CWnd::classCWnd" (?classCWnd@CWnd@@2UCRuntimeClass@@B)
> >
> > What lib should I link to to resolve this error?
> >
> > For future referance, I have look for documentation that tells me what lib
> > for what function but couldn't find anything. Is there a way of find out that
> > information in case I run in to this problem again?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> .

isenhand <isenhand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I found a tool, dumpbin, and according to that CWnd::classCWnd forms part of
>mfc42.lib.

OK.

>However, if I add that to my source file:
>
>MFC_LIBS=C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\lib\Mfc\amd64

With this line, you will not be able to build 32-bit binaries.  Instead of
going to this trouble, eliminate all of the "mfc" libraries from your list,
and add this to your "sources":

    USE_MFCUNICODE=1
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

That, at least gave me a differnt linker error. I shall work with the new
error a bit.

Thanks again.

"Tim Roberts" wrote:

> isenhand <isenhand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >I found a tool, dumpbin, and according to that CWnd::classCWnd forms part of
> >mfc42.lib.
>
> OK.
>
> >However, if I add that to my source file:
> >
> >MFC_LIBS=C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\lib\Mfc\amd64
>
> With this line, you will not be able to build 32-bit binaries.  Instead of
> going to this trouble, eliminate all of the "mfc" libraries from your list,
> and add this to your "sources":
>
>     USE_MFCUNICODE=1
> --
> Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
> .

External data limitation
I apologize for the duplicate post! We are having trouble downloading 80 fields from a DateTel database into Excel, and consistently get errors until we drop the fields down to around 60. Is there a limitation to the number of fields that may be imported into Excel?? Sandy -- IT Services Help Center Yes there is but it is way more than 80 .... Unless you are using a trial copy? -- John C. Harris, MPA JCZ Consulting Services, LLC "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34477098-6835-4138-A706-A5FB77BBAD63@microsoft.com... >I apologize for th...

Emails to multiple external recipients with a wrong address, sent to all daily
When a user sends to multiple external recipients and uses one incorrect email address, the message is then resent to ALL recipients daily. The only temporary fix is to freeze the connector in the queues and restart the SMTP server. The Exchange server has two routing groups, one being a "No Internet Mail" group. The Exchange server is 2003 SP1. Any ideas? Thanks, Lachlan. That is not supposed to happen, so I will start by wondering if it has anything to do with your routing group architecture. Will you please describe how you have this configured? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange...

Problem with external data web query
Hello I have an Excel spreadsheet that obtains data from the internet. It is updated daily. In all there are 42 separate web queries on my spreadsheet. They all download almost identical tables of identical sixe (7C x 50R) If I choose to update each morning by using the <Refresh All> button on the External Data Toolbar then problems occur. Most notably, some data are not downloaded. About 7 queries out of the 42 have faults. If I update manually (i.e. go to each table in Excel and right click and select <!Refresh> then the success rate is much higher. Still, and more ...

Secure Messaging (signed and encrypted) with external/interdivisional Recipients using Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003
I currently have to evaluate a solution for a signed and encrypted Exchange 2003 (SP2)Outlook 2003 (SP2) messaging environment, externally to the internet and "network internally" with other divisions (which are not trusted into our Win2003 Forest/Exchange 2003 Org.). MS PKI is in place and is used within our Forest/Exchange Org for secure messaging. My questions here are: Are there any possibilities for external, secure messaging (digitally signed and encrypted) using the existing MS PKI Infrastructure? Would a MS PKI cross certification infrastructure work with external internet ...

Recipient limit only on external emails (internet)
Hi, I would like to limit the number of recipients on external email only. ie: no limit on internal email and 50 recipients max. on external. How can I do that ? Best Regards, Sylvain Labrecque I forgot to mentioned, I have Exchange 2000. Tks "Sylvain Labrecque" wrote: > Hi, I would like to limit the number of recipients on external email only. > > ie: no limit on internal email and 50 recipients max. on external. > > How can I do that ? > > Best Regards, > > Sylvain Labrecque Do you use ISA? "Sylvain Labrecque" <Sylvain Lab...

unresolved external vc71
I have an application (a dll in this particular instance) that I'm moving from VC6 to VC71 and I'm getting linking errors: Linking... Creating library .\i386_o2/PowerUI.lib and object .\i386_o2/PowerUI.exp UI_OtherButton.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: static struct AFX_MSGMAP const CWnd::messageMap" (?messageMap@CWnd@@1UAFX_MSGMAP@@B) In UI_OtherButton.h class UI_OtherButton : public CButton { public: UI_OtherButton(); .... protected: //{{AFX_MSG(UI_OtherButton) afx_msg void OnKillFocus(CWnd* pNewWnd); afx_msg UINT OnGetDlgCode(); af...

Accessing OWA externally
Hi, I'm trying to make my users access the Exchange Server 2003 via OWA from their various homes via the Internet. Internally OWA is being accessed by https://exchangeserver However, I am not sure what the external address would be: is it: https://exchangeserver.mydomain.com OR https://mail.mydomain.com where exchangeserver= NetBIOS name of the Exchange Server and mail = the parameter from the MX Record settings. I have enabled port 443 SSL on my firewall but my domain is being hosted by a Service Provider. Any ideas ??? Cheers! -- glory -------------------------------------...

bounced back from external email (yahoo.com) with more than 3MB attachment
Hi, Our Exchange server is bouced back from external mail with more than 3MB attachment. Internal mail to mail with 10 MB is fine with testing. I am also set no limit on receiving email on global setting and my individual account delivery option is default . The NDR from yahoo email does not tell me much as following: Final-Recipient: RFC822; person@xxx.com action: failed status: 5.2.3 X-display-Name: xxxxxxx. How should I do to trouble shoot this issue? I will be appreciated your information and tips. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow Is it only messages to this particular Y...

External mail unreceived??
I volunteer with a church's technology needs, and one (only one) of their users is currently having a problem receiving external mail (internal mail send/receive works, and sending externally works). Their setup is as follows: -12-15 workstations, almost all running XP & Outlook 2003 -1 NT Server, running Small Business Server (unsure of version, but old), and Exchange 5.5 -DSL w/ static IP providing connectivity to Internet, internal workstations internally addressed -off-site Web host provides web space and pop3 accounts Mainly because of how the setup was done in the past (dial-u...

Public folders will not recieve external email
Currently we have public folders that will not recieve external email but will recieve email internally. We can even redirect email to my internal mail box. But the public folder will not recieve email from out the domain. On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:53:01 -0700, Carlos De Tirado <Carlos De Tirado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Currently we have public folders that will not recieve external email but >will recieve email internally. We can even redirect email to my internal mail >box. But the public folder will not recieve email from out the domain. Verify Contributor is s...

SQL Standart server 2005 can't see my local folder [ external USB
Please, can somebody help with issue: SQL Standart server 2005 can't see my local folder [ external USB drive] ? I restarted the server, changed letter but nothing help. Thanks. ...

Import/Convert Outlook Contacts to Exchange External Contacts
One of our clients have numerous (like hundreds) of Outlook Contacts that were put into a public folder structure on Exchange (running E2K3 SP2 migrated from 5.5). Now they are spending quite a bit of time updating DL's for different sets of contacts, so I was wondering if I could "convert" these contacts to external contacts in Exchange, and then use query based DL's Is this possible, any ideas to point me in the right direction? Tx Eugene "eugenevr" <evrng@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1134738250.957569.102490 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > One of our ...

Forwarding e-mail to an external address.
Our company is using exchange 5.5. A request from a couple of my users to allow e-mail arriving into the personal e-mail to be forward to en external e-mail address automatically. How do I do this task. I was able to do it in the pass but I just forgot how to do this. Please advise. Thank you very much or your help and time. "DYN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4f7201c4806b$10ed4e20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > > Our company is using exchange 5.5. A request from a > couple of my users to allow e-mail arriving into the > personal e-...

Forwarding Email to an External Account #2
I have a quick question to which I am hoping a simple one. Is it possible to route and Exchange Email address to an external address. I am not seeing anything in Exchange that will allow me to do this. I see that I am able to route to another address inside of Exchange just not outside. example: scott@domain.com --- forward --- scott@aol.com Thanks for you knowledge in advance, Scott Lakatos This may help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Scott Lakatos" <anonymous@d...

Outlook 2003
When trying to use a program (DtSearch) that indexes and searches email messages - great program by the way - I get the following error: "800401f3: "Invalid class string" Outlook Application could not initialize Outlook Item: Invalid Outlook Object supplied" - Never had any problems with previous versions of Outlook. Can anyone please up me? Have you checked with the writers of the external program to see if they have a version compatible with Outlook 2003? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After sear...

Stopping internal email but allowing communication to external email
I want to be able to... for one day only stop internal email communication between my users. I want them to be able to send and receive emails from external sources only. It was an idea from above that he feels will make people talk to each other more. This one takes the cake!!! You should send this to Douglas Adams for his Dilbert newsletter!!! If people talk, it will be to bitch about the stupid policy. Oh, by the way, don't plan to get any work done that day..... You'll be handling a massive number of support calls..... Regards, Hank Arnold Peeky wrote: > I want to be abl...

Unable to receive external email
Help! When I move a user out of the default Users Container into an OU. The user will not be able to receive external email (However, user will be able to receive internal email). External email - mean email from outside of the organization Internal Email - Email from within the organization. Email from within the same domain. The user account works perfectly when I move the account backup the the default Users Container. There are no custome policies to the OU or the exchange domain, The OU and Exchange have default (non modified polices). I have enabled SMTP log on the server and th...

reply to all for external incoming email
Hi all, We use exchange 5.5. We found that when we receive the external incoming email and click reply to all button, our own SMTP email address are also appeared in the to: fields. However, internal email does not have same problem. Anybody knows why and how to solve it? Thanks in advance. York ...

I need open or gain access to an external file
Here is my problem and I hope someone can help me out. I am trying to open or retrieve data from a file that is only accessable from a different user. Example: If you are logged in under user and need to access a file that is only available under admin. The files are unavailable under user because they do not need to be tampered with. These files cannot be made public. Is there a way to do this? Doesn't that sound like it would defeat the purpose of having the file placed where you can't/shouldn't be able to get to it? -- Best Regards, Luke M "P.Griesh...

Import External Data 02-08-10
Greetings, all. I am currently importing some text files into Excel, and wanted to find out if it's possible to import mulitple files. I can't seem to select more than one file from the list at this time. The files are Text, and are all bascially the same. They are space delimited, and I have no problems using the wizard to import single files. Since I usually have 8-10 files to import, is there a way to import them as a group? I sure hope so, my clicking finger is wearing out! Thanks in advance! Paul Q The short answer is no. While you know that the file formats ar...

Importing external data with cell value as input parameter
Hi , I need a query database with excel value say as A1 as input parameter and return the query value in cell B1.Tried with Data-->Connections.The connection DB is oracle and the excel verion is 2007.How can i pass the cell value to SQL statement? Thanks, PADS ...

External Data Query, named table not available for query in copies
In Excel 2000 I have extracted data from one workbook into another using the Data > Get External Data, Databse > Excel functionality. I established a query and the desired data appears. I require multiple source/template workbooks from which I plan to run the queries, but when I copied the original source sheet and try to use the Data > Get External Data, Databse > Excel method I used previously I get an error indicating no table is defined. The table range is named the same as the original file, but Excel just doesn't seem to acknowledge it is there. Newly created test she...

Add day of week to data from external report (html)
I have a spreadsheet which lists a date and time as 1/02/2007 8:31:36 AM. I would like to be able to add the day of the week for the date in column A. It would be preferred to have the day appear directly in the column but would be acceptable to add a column for it. -- Gerry St As long as you have that date and time in a cell as an Excel datetime then it is simply a matter of formatting in Excel, Format (menu), cells, custom ddd mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: ...

Getting name of last worksheet in EXTERNAL workbook
I'm trying to find out how to make a string variable's value the name of the LAST sheet in an EXTERNAL workbook. In lieu of actually setting a string variable, I've been using msgbox just to see instantly upon running the sub whether I've got it or not. I've tried: msgbox Workbooks("D:\Big Folder\Little Folder\Last Folder\WorkbookName.xls").Worksheets(Worksheets.Count).Name I've tried: Dim LastSht As String Dim wkbk As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet set wkbk = ....actually, I forget what all I did with that last starting point, I've been tryin...

wait for external code to complete before continuing
Hi, I have a script that runs an external program via the Shell.Run command. The problem that I am experiencing is that the entire script finishes before the external program completes its processing. Is there a way to call a program from within vbscript similar to the 'call' function in DOS? Thanks in advance, JeffH "JeffH" <JeffH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EA12914-91C9-4C79-8ADA-DBE8075D3252@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a script that runs an external program via the Shell.Run command. > The problem tha...