How to remove entries from the driver store repository programatic

Hi All,

Can anybody help me to know 'How to remove any entries from the driver store
repository programtically?' Manually i can remove entries from the driver
store repository using pnputil.exe. I would like to do the same
programatically. Normally Vista and above OS will remember older entry of the
driver in the driver store.
Just to mimic what  OS is doing (device Manage  right click select uninstall
and check the option to remove the driver files)

Thanks in advance for helping me in this regard.

Regards,
Phaneswar

> Can anybody help me to know 'How to remove any entries from the driver =
store=20
> repository programtically?'=20

Look at DevCon sample for "dp_remove" (or is it "dp_delete"?) path.

Note that deletes the subdir in FileRepository and INF/PNF files in =
\Windows\Inf. The actual .sys and the registry entries are not deleted.

--=20
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP
maxim@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com

0
Maxim

how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list
how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list Chip Pearson has tons of ways of working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm stewart wrote: > > how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list -- Dave Peterson Use the technique here to tag the dupes, then autofilter on the tag and delete the filtered rows http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates "stewart" wrote: > how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list ...

User removed Anonymous permission from Calendar...how to get it back
A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In news:Xns9861A9314BAB8bobarcabca@207.46.248.16, Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> typed: > A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and > I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can > be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In that user's Outlook, right-click on Calendar, properties, permissions tab. Add Anonymous, and do whate...

Public Folder Stores #2
I had deleted a server from my Exchange organization and mistakenly lost some public folder data that was not replicated. Luckily I still had the EDB and STM files. So I copied them to another server and mounted them as an additional public folder store and hierarchy. The problem is that now I want to copy the folder data that I lost from one Store/Hierarchy to another. The only way that I can find to access the new store is through OWA which won't let me copy the data to the main Public Folder store. I am stuck. Anyone got any ideas on how to copy the data back into the main ...

Windows 7 Multi-touch driver capability discovery and reboot probl
Hi, I created a Windows 7 multi-touch HID driver based on WDK EloMT sample. The driver works ok but I have the following problems that I don't know how to fix them. 1. After my driver is installed (without reboot), sometimes the computer property shows "Touch Input Available with 2 Touch Points", sometimes it shows "No Pen or Touch Input is available for this display". 2. After my driver is installed, most of the time the system won't ask for reboot but sometimes it will. If anyone can point me the direction of how to solve these inconsistenci...

Blank Quantities in Store Quantity Tab
I added items via Headquarters and left store quantity blank. Through store ops I did a purchase order to accept items to the store. Then I ran a 501 - request full item count. Now, in the HQ on the store quantity table, no stores are listed. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, what am I doing wrong!? Thanks for the help in advance. diana This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0070_01CAD7D2.5CD027D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Diana, I don't see where you did a 250 wor...

State table lookup
Hi I have a form for entering Customer data. When entering a new record, I have a lookup combo box to validate the state that the user enters. The combo box displays the state code and the state name. (ie. Ca and California). The state code is the bound value and the state name is the display value. The only time I want to display the full state name is when the user is entering data into the form. I want the state code to be displayed on queries, forms, and reports. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks in advance Mark Create a table with 2 fields like this: StateID Text (say...

Public store restore to different Storage Group
Is it possible to do a restore of a Public Folder store to a different Storage Group on the same server ? I want to recover some deleted items, but don't want to overwrite/unmount the same store on my production server. I just want to pick up some items from the restore. Just like the Recorvery Storage Group for Private Stores. Or can I only restore the Public Store to another server ? Greetz rwillkomm@ortec.nl ...

Best way to store image, voice, text file?
Hello there, Is it possible to define a sql server field to store image, or voice, or text file? If the size of the file is very big, thus exceeding the max row size 8064 bytes limit, is it better to store it in a directory, and just save the location of the file in the field? Thanks, Ben On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:19:54 -0700, Ben <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello there, > >Is it possible to define a sql server field to store image, or voice, or >text file? > >If the size of the file is very big, thus exceeding the max row size 8064...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

Remove text from a cell
Hi there I have some data in a spreadsheet which is an output from another program. One column has a series of numbers in it, each with the suffix of "kb" and I want to remove the kb from each cell so that I can sort by number. Is there an easy way to do this without having to edit each cell individually (I have about 600 rows!) thanks Trace Hi one way: Use 'Edit - Replace' the other way: use the formula =--TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"kb","")) in a helper column >-----Original Message----- >Hi there > >I have some data in a spreadsheet which is ...

Outlook removes in box items upon reply
When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? "Jeff J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d84701c3ef3a$b3646a70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from > my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot > find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? View-Current View-All messages. When I look at that, it does nothing. If I cahnge the View to "View Me...

Use Stored Procedure developed in C# in a SQL Query
I created a Stored Procedure by selecting a SQL Server Project in Visual Studio 2008 using C#. It receives a SqlString as a parameter and return how many times a specific character was found. I deployed the procedure to a SQL Server database and can see it listed under the database. One caveat is that it has a small lock icon on it. I have a select query where I want to use the stored procedure. I am thinking this is doable in a select query but can't seem to get it to work. What I want to do is to have a select statement listing some fields and one of the fields being th...

Help does not allow entry in Answer Wizard or Index tab
Hello -- I am using Office 2000 Pro; Excel version is 9.0.6976 SP-3.. If I click a word in VBA, Help displays a help screen about it. However, the top menu bar says "Microsoft Access Help". I have Access on the machine. And, if I click the Answer Wizard or Index tab, the shape of the cursor in any field changes to a horizontal, double-ended arrow. Can anyone tell he how to solve this problem? Thanks for any help. L Mehl --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.572 / Virus Database: 362 - Release Date...

Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file operation. Please try again when tempdb is idle
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB1448.E88B1160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, I'm getting this message when trying to clear tempdb DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (tempdb, 10) WITH NO_INFOMSGS=20 Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file = operation. Please try again when tempdb is idle. Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file = op...

Need help storing all my emails before i redo my pc outlook 2003
i have microsoft outlook 2003 on windows xp i need to redo my pc but i dont want to loose my emails and contacts and I have too many things stored in files it'sjust too many things to move one by one thanks iris The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "IrisR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a1b901c434bd$d94a3940$a...

Exchange Failing when Removing GC from same box
The background: I am trying to install Exchange 2007 but cannot because I have two Windows 2000 DCs with GCs. The two Windows 2000 DCs happen to be on the same boxes as my Exchange 2000 cluster. I have two other Windows 2003 boxes in the same site with all FSMO roles and both are GC. The problem: I'm in a catch 22 because I cannot install Exchange 2007 and when I remove either the GC role from the Windows 2000 boxes or demote them, Exchange fails. The Question: Has anyone come across a situation like this and know of a solution? Thanks In order to install Ex07, you will ne...

How do I remove the pop up message when saving a CSV
I use alot of CSV files and when I save them I get the message "may contain features that are not compatible with csv". Is there a way to turn this off and just save it? Hi If you do the saving with VBA you could add the line application.displayalerts=false -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Eric wrote: > I use alot of CSV files and when I save them I get the > message "may contain features that are not compatible > with csv". Is there a way to turn this off and just save > it? I'm just opening them and changing a piece of data and closing t...

How To Execute The Start -> Run Programatically
Hey Friends Can someone suggest how we can Execute The Start -> Run Programatically? Take a look at ShellExecute/CreateProcess. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eO70xHhjDHA.684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... | Hey Friends | | Can someone suggest how we can Execute The Start -> Run Programatically? | | | | Hey...here is another link to TaskInfo 2000. It is a later version but just as good. I don't think you have to register it (can't remember). http://www.devhood.com/tools/tool_details.a...

many duplicate emails
I have trouble where recipents will receive the same mail that was sent last week. Sometimes as many as 60 of the same messages. It happens when I first mount the store and if I dismount and remount the store it will repeat those 1500 messages again. Once it sends the messages (or I delete the queue) it seems to run fine until it is restarted again. Of course restarting the server has the same effect and sends them out again. I have a Win2003 SP1 Server with Exchange 2003 SP1. Most users (~60) are on the mailbox store but ~20 are still on pst files. The clients are either OL 2003 or...

Non-Plug&Play driver installation
Hello there, I have a device which is not plug-&-play, but more a virtual hardware. I can install it using the Device-Manager --> Add legacy hardware, but I want to install it programmatically, eg. the use of the function SetupCopyOEMInf for plug-&-play devices. can anybody help me with this? Thanks in advance KW Is it a root enumerated device? If so, devcon is a good start (source and binaries in the WDK), the "install" switch will create a new root enumerated device and register your INF: devcon install myinf.inf ROOT\MadeUpHardwareId -scot...

add entries to Calendar
when adding an entry into the calendar(Outlook 2002), say an hourlong meeting for a week from now, it displays at the top of my calendar from the day entered until the meeting is over. any way to not show this? this isn't normal, its only happening to one user. ...

Item Transaction Entry
We currently have two companies and would like to know the best way to transfer inventory from one to the other. Currently we use Transactions-->Inventory-->Item Transaction and enter a (-) Qty to get the item out of Compay A, and do the same (+) Qty in Company B to get the item into the Inventory of Company B. We follow up with a report (using a batch name to mark these transactions) to do Intracompany transactions to match the totals. Without purchasing a 3rd party software to handle advanced intercompany transactions, what is the best practice at this point. Thanks Ric...

Re: How to remove xmlns attribute from XML document (.net)
Here is an updated link: Prevent Namespace Prefixes from Being Copied to the Output http://www.braintrove.com/Xslt/Articles/8/Prevent-Namespace-Prefixes-from= -Being-Copied-to-the-Output --=20 Greg Collins [Microsoft MVP] Visit Brain Trove ( http://www.BrainTrove.com ) ...

POS 2.0
I am opening another store and want to copy the products etc. to the new store's POS system. What is the best way of doing it? 1. Backup the existing DB and then restore it on the new store, then clear the transactions 2. Export the inventory in the existing system and import it into the new one 3. ... Please advice, Thank you, -D hi Dursun, Yes you describe the correct way like backup the existing db of the store and restore it to new store and then on the new store delete all the transaction there is button in Store Administrator program. Now there is matter of quantity which ...

Removed Firewall can send emails
I removed the firewall from my computer, some idiotic little "Freedom firewall" that came pre-installed with this system and am able to send emails just fine now, thanks all. In article <ONv$wgLxDHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, support@alfii.com says... > I removed the firewall from my computer, some idiotic little "Freedom > firewall" that came pre-installed with this system and am able to send > emails just fine now, thanks all. Firewalls are a necessary defense, now. If the idiotic little firewall couldn't be configured to allow outbound email con...