DTM: USB-IF test certification ID check

MSDN Document "USB-IF Test Certification ID Check" indicates the TESTID be
set to zero.  When I run this test in the DTM, the log reports an error: "No
valid USB IF test ID has been entered."

I am testing with WLK 1.5.  There is some buzz on the Internet that WinQual
has a method by which to generate a Test ID that works with WLK 1.5, but I
can find nothing helpful on their site.

Any ideas?

Thanks
dmm

dmm <dmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>MSDN Document "USB-IF Test Certification ID Check" indicates the TESTID be
>set to zero.

No, it doesn't.  The menu shows that the test ID starts out as 0, but
you're supposed to enter the ID that you got from running the USB
compliance tests.

>I am testing with WLK 1.5.  There is some buzz on the Internet that WinQual
>has a method by which to generate a Test ID that works with WLK 1.5, but I
>can find nothing helpful on their site.

You have to run the USB compliance tests from the USB Implementor's Forum,
and enter the test ID number that the compliance tests give you.  In WLK
1.4, the compliance tests were run as part of the test suite.  In WLK 1.5,
they originally expected you to go to a certificate USB testing company to
get the ID.  They've now decided to go back to the original scheme of
including the tests in WLK, but for now I believe you'll have to get the
test from www.usb.org and run them yourself.

Perhaps you should contact WHQL.  In light of the confusion, perhaps they
have a procedure for getting a variance.
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thanks

Ming <Ming@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How to get this USB compliance test suit, it's free? or I have to buy it from
>USB-IF?

I believe you need the tests here:
   http://www.usb.org/developers/tools

However, the whole thing is so much in flux, you should probably contact
Winqual for the definitive information.
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
0
Tim
1/8/2010 5:53:02 AM
Does anyone know how to get the ID needed to pass this WHQL test?  We
downloaded the certification test from USB.org but it does not seem to
generate an ID that we can see.

Regards,
Stacy Lukas

"Tim Roberts" wrote:

> Ming <Ming@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >How to get this USB compliance test suit, it's free? or I have to buy it from
> >USB-IF?
>
> I believe you need the tests here:
>    http://www.usb.org/developers/tools
>
> However, the whole thing is so much in flux, you should probably contact
> Winqual for the definitive information.
> --
> Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
> .

I'm stuck at the same point.  I downloaded the USB20CV R1.3.5.5 package, ran
the Compliance Test for the Chapter 9 Suite, see everything pass, but I can't
find a test ID anywhere.

Chris Myers

"Stacy Lukas" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to get the ID needed to pass this WHQL test?  We
> downloaded the certification test from USB.org but it does not seem to
> generate an ID that we can see.
>
> Regards,
> Stacy Lukas
>
> "Tim Roberts" wrote:
>
> > Ming <Ming@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >How to get this USB compliance test suit, it's free? or I have to buy it from
> > >USB-IF?
> >
> > I believe you need the tests here:
> >    http://www.usb.org/developers/tools
> >
> > However, the whole thing is so much in flux, you should probably contact
> > Winqual for the definitive information.
> > --
> > Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
> > Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
> > .

On 1=E6=9C=8828=E6=97=A5, =E4=B8=8A=E5=8D=881=E6=99=8230=E5=88=86, Stacy Lu=
kas <Stacy Lu...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get the ID needed to pass this WHQL test? =C2=A0W=
> downloaded the certification test from USB.org but it does not seem to
> generate an ID that we can see.
>
> Regards,
> Stacy Lukas
>

> "Tim Roberts" wrote:
> > Ming <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > >How to get this USB compliance test suit, it's free? or I have to buy =
it from
> > >USB-IF?
>
> > I believe you need the tests here:
> > =C2=A0 =C2=A0http://www.usb.org/developers/tools
>
> > However, the whole thing is so much in flux, you should probably contac=
> > Winqual for the definitive information.
> > --
> > Tim Roberts, t...@probo.com
> > Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
> > .- =E9=9A=B1=E8=97=8F=E8=A2=AB=E5=BC=95=E7=94=A8=E6=96=87=E5=AD=97 -
>
> - =E9=A1=AF=E7=A4=BA=E8=A2=AB=E5=BC=95=E7=94=A8=E6=96=87=E5=AD=97 -

To get a USB test ID, you have to submit a test requirement to USB-IF
qualified lab, you can find the test labs here http://www.usb.org/developer=
s/compliance/labs/

Steven Huang
2010-03-09 am
0
UTF

Bank Rec void check date s/b same as GL void date
When voiding a check in the payables management module and the Void date and Posting date are changed from the original check date, Bank reconciliation should recognize that void date instead of the original check date as the voided date. Please refer to Knowledgebase Article 857704 to see how Ban Rec handles the date of a void check. If a check is voided in Payables Mgmt on a different date than the original date, and bank rec uses the original date trying to reconcile to the general ledger is a problem because the adjusted bank book balance is different than the GL balance becuase th...

Currency ID
I just created a profile for an Inventory user, i took off the system access as well as the other modules she would not need to have access to, when she goes to price lists and attempts to change a currency ID the systems says she does not have adequate privileges. What did I miss??? Try giving the user access to Financial >>Currencies. "rcr" wrote: > I just created a profile for an Inventory user, i took off the system access > as well as the other modules she would not need to have access to, when she > goes to price lists and attempts to change a curre...

test
test ...

Check Reprinting
There are times when AP or Payroll checks are sent to the printer, the Printer jams or for some reason GP stops printing. I am trying to find the best way to handle this. For example. if I am sending 200 checks in my check run and say they start at check number 1 and the printer jams on check number 50. In this case if try to reprint checks from 51 to 200 - GP voids checks numbers 51 to 200 and requires that the next check number should be 201. This means I have to void/trash 150 perfectly good checks. Is there any way to reprint them without the GP "voiding" the checks. T...

How to make MSO close the imap connection after checking mail?
Hi, My server does not allow "idle" connections, and therefore the connection to Microsoft Outlook is closed after a while. I then get a error-message from MSO. How can I make Microsoft Outlook close the connection itself after checking mail? (and thereby I will not get that error?) Regards, ´┐Żystein Larsen ...

Test your knowledge here.
Suppose there is a number is 100 Problem 1: The amount is decrease by 2% Problem 2: The amount increase to 120 Conditions: 1. No hard-coding. 2. Use just ONE formula. This is to ensure that th formula created is flexible. Can the formula increase the price by 6% Can the formula decrease 100 to 80? Thanks. Your help is highly appreciated -- accountingfrea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- accountingfreak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2551 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

Option to select printer B4 printing Payables Checks
Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to select a printer after clicking print. From print payables checks In 7.5 when they would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to select a printer to send their checks to. Now it automatically goes to their defaulted printer. How do they set up the option in 9.0? Go to the Named Printers settings, and look at the checkbox to suppress the printer dialog box. This should solve your problem Best regards Mike "TROOTBMI" <TROOTBMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Checking cell for Number
I have about 200 numbers in column A. I would like to enter any number in Column B. In column C I would like, it to show if the number is used or free. can this be done with a if statement? Thanks Try... =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$200,B1),"Used","Free") If you have a list of numbers in Column B that you'd like to check, enter the above formula in C1, and copy and paste the formula to your other cells in Column C. Hope this helps! In article <E5CA9196-6FCF-492C-B488-1B7E431720CF@microsoft.com>, Lee <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have abou...

How can I transfer emails in a Mailbox folder to a USB device?
I have a large number of emails saved in a folder in my Mail box. Some of the emails have files attached, and some do not. I want to save all the emails (including the attachments) to a USB device. You cannot, assuming you are referring to Outlook you can only copy the data file in its entirety, which can then only be accessed within Outlook. You could save the emails as eml files and save the attachments seperately "Harrinton" <Harrinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F90EC062-4359-42E9-96FD-F88EA6536F09@microsoft.com... > I have a large numb...

Event ID 9554
Hello, I"m getting the following error: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/11/2005 Time: 1:33:15 PM User: N/A Computer: !@#$!# Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: 3b5b90b3-9fcd-4540-9858-d13d6498e9e1. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 3b 5b 90 b3 - 9fcd - 4540 -9858 - d13d6498e9e1 \b3\90\5b\3b\cd\9f\40\45\98\58\d1\3d\64\98\e9\e1 (msE...

test post
Testing my ability to Post. ...

Checking a folder for new email
Hi, We have a process that sends an email for every message that is processed (3rd party app). This app dies every now and then and the only way we have to find out about it is that we do not receive emails. Is there a way I can have a scrip that runs on my PC that checks every 15mins for emails in this folder? and then, if the oldest email in the folder is older than 2h seen an alert, popup, email or something? Thanks. George. Am Wed, 10 May 2006 15:28:33 -0400 schrieb George Lake: You can use a task reminder. Each time the reminder fires, add 15 minutes to the reminder time with th...

MRMS Certification
Dear Mates, Let me know how can i proceed with the MRMS certification. Any course materials available? Any institutes? Thanks in Advance ...

I need your help in transferring XP SP2 unto Flash USB Drive
I have an updated desktop that has Windows 7. I still have my Windows XP SP2 CD. I also inherited an HP netbook that had XP SP2 and wanted to know if it is possible to take my Windows XP SP2 CD and place it into desktop without it trying to reformat it and then to just copy it unto a Flash USB Drive. From there, I can then reinstall Windows XP SP2 unto netbook. Can that be done? Why don't you just use the hidden Recovery partition (not to be confused with System Restore) to reinstall WinXP on the netbook? Speaking of which, why do you need to reinstall WinXP on t...

USB KVM's always plays 'Device Connect' sound
It appears that USB KVM's with Audio support always make Windows XP computers play the 'Device Connect' sound when you switch between computers. Does anyone know of a USB KVM with Audio that can properly emulate the USB connection to the inactive computer, so that the 'device connect' event doesn't occur when switching between computers? <prubin@equilter.com> wrote in message news:293fbb08-74eb-4b65-8807-1c43540b4c88@o10g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > It appears that USB KVM's with Audio support always make Windows XP > computers play the &...

test #11
please use the test groups "h" <h@ms.com> wrote in message news:Oq5QWRPRFHA.2384@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > ...

Error 1067 Event ID 7031
I am currenlty faced with a complete outage of my email services. I am unable to start my IMC service. I repeatedly getting error 1067 and showing event ID 7031. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Exchange 5.5 Corrupt message? You can try stopping the IMS service, move all the messages from the imcdata\in and out dirs to temp dirs. Dont mix them up! Rename the queue.dat file and restart the IMS and see if it stays up. If it does, add some of the messages back to the imcdata in and out dirs that you copied to the temp dirs and restart the IMS to push those messages out. If it ...

test for exernal links
Is it possible to test if a workbook has external links to another workbookl what i am trying to do is display a message when a user closes a workbook saying the workbook has external links. How would i code this?? I believe there is a security setting that does this check when the workbook opens(Excel 2007). "hervinder" <hervinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A95302-287D-4E91-A841-84F44CA309A4@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to test if a workbook has external links to another > workbookl > > what i am trying to do i...

How print preprinted certificate in appropriate spaces
I purchased preprinted certificates and don't want to handwrite all the certificates. How would I print it so that I can get it in Word in the appropriate spaces? The first tool you need is a ruler. You can then position text using Spacing Before or text boxes. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MeiMei" <MeiMei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41E3E21C-7AE7-446F-B017-DA03DA4B5FB8@microsoft.com... >I purchased preprinted certificates and don't want to handwrite...

test #44

CRM dev to test to prod
I am just getting started on a CRM implementation. How successfull have you been with three different environments and promotion of customization/data from dev up to produciton? Are there any tricks to promoting from one environment to another? Thanks for your help! We often use multiple environments. Change control and the export/import of customizatins is the key. Depending on the data associated with some of tha tables, you can spend some time migrating data as well, but that's no different than any application. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Kenny C" <K...

Variable ID in message map
I have a base dialog in one dll that is used by derived dialogs in other dlls. Currently, the base dialog uses some edit controls. In order to use resource pools from the other dlls, the derived classes (which have more controls) pass IDs of controls present in the base class, in the constructor. Now, I need to add a checkbox and a combobox to the base class. As for the other controls present in the base class, I tried to pass IDs for the boxes in the constructor or another function. However, I run into a problem when trying to use variable control IDs in the message map of the base cl...

test
Test of the News -- Elvira Mi Photo Gallery http://www.personal.able.es/ensoriano ...

what happens when a digital certificate expires
I think I'm forced to digitally sign my ClickOnce manifest and assembly for a windows forms application (see yesterday's post, 'click once deployment cannot continue'. This seems like a stupid question, but in all the articles I've read, I can't find what happens to a user when the digital certificate expires. Does the application just fail? Am i going to be scrambling to acquire a new certificate and publish updates signed with the new certificate? Will the application automatically update to the new version with the new certificate, once it is publis...

Custom real time, time format check
Hello I have a custom form that has two time fields. How can I force users to enter time in those fields as "12:00 AM/PM" or military time 19.00. If input does not match those two rules, pop a warning. This needs to happen as the user moves to another field way before trying to save the form. Any help would be appreciated! . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com bearsgone wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 14:24 > Hello > > I have a custom form that has two time fields. > > How can I force users to enter time in those fields as "12:00 AM/PM&qu...